Identity

Lies On Paper

Identity

 

[Nana's POV]
It was D-2 to my handing in date for my report on Seungjun and luckily I was on time. I was finishing off the final details and I would send it later today so it would arrive at the company in a couple of days - right on time. I was busy finishing off the report as I sat at my desk in my room. My window was wide open and the cool air was blowing through my room. Luckily everyone was out so I had some peace and quiet to myself. I was writing when something didn't feel right. I paused and glanced up to my window to find Seungjun stood by my window, resting on the frame on his arm. "Yah!" I cried out surprised as I scrambled to pull all of the pieces of paper on my desk together.

 

"What you doing? I'm guessing I can't read it." Seungjun asked me as he pouted. I left my report on my desk, hidden under a large book and walked up to meet him by my window. 
"You can't just appear like that!" I cried out to him. He pouted again and stood up properly. "Ah. I'm sorry. It's... a draft to a new story so no one can read it!" I quickly thought and told him. He nodded to me quietly, before smiling.
"Ok. I'll just read it later when it is published." He said happily. "What are you doing today?" He asked me. 
"I need to send something but I'll come and help you on the farm later." I told him. He clapped his hands and grinned.
"Great! I need to collect the eggs from the chickens but I let one of them out last time by accident... so I might need your help." He said as he looked at me with a guilty face.

 

I laughed and quickly ran through the house to meet him outside. "You seriously let one of the chickens out. Did you catch it?" I asked him. He turned to face me and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Oh no. Did another animal get it?" I said as I gasped. He nodded silently and I opened my eyes wide. He let one of my Aunt's chickens escape and then it got eaten by another animal! Suddenly he burst into laughter and shook his head.
"Of course it didn't. I caught it, after a couple of hours." He said, teasing me as I sighed with relief. He continued laughing and I playfully hit the side of his arm for teasing me. He whined as I started laughing with him.

 


 

[Nana's POV]

"Go go go!" I cheered as Seungjun was stood by the door of the chicken coop with his hand ready to open it. He looked at me and pulled a face. I sighed but then starting laughing. "Just open it, run in and I will lock you in." I told him as I smirked.
"What do you mean lock me in! How do I know you will let me back out!" He began whining. I rolled my eyes and walked up to meet him. I stood beside him and put my hand beside his on the door lock as he removed his hand. 
"I'll go. You follow me and shut the door. OK?" I told him. He held up an 'OK' sign with his fingers and I quickly pulled down the lock, darting inside.

 

I turned around to find Seungjun also inside with the door shut behind him. "Oh! You did it!" I said surprised as I clapped sarcastically.
He scoffed, "Did you ever doubt me?" He said whilst smirking. I laughed and turned around to begin finding the eggs. Seungjun began helping me and we soon filled both of our hands up with eggs. 
"Right! Come on Seungjun! You can do this!" I cheered him on. He flashed a grin at me then pushed open the door with his foot. We quickly both ran out and pushed the door closed behind us. Seungjun put his eggs in the basket and took mine from me before turning around.

 

I stepped away from the door and was pushed forward. I fell on my hands and knees on to the gravel. My lace was trapped in the door and I tripped forward as it came loose. I whined and sat up as I brushed the bits of gravel away from my knee, revealing a large red graze. "Oh! Omo!" Seungjun cried out as he turned around to find me on the floor. He crouched down in front of me and winced at the sight of my grazed knees and hands. "What happened?!" He said confused as he looked up at me. I sighed and pointed down to my shoe lace on my right shoe which was untied.
"You should make sure they are always done up." He told me as he began tieing them back up for me. I thanked him and he stood up, helping me up afterwards.

 

[Seungjun's POV]
"I feel like I'm breathing different air up here." I heard Nana say as I scoffed. I continued walking back to the house with her clinging on my back. 
"You are breathing different air. The air is different up there to down there." I told her as I pointed down. Suddenly she playfully slapped my shoulder which made me jump.
"You're making me sound really short!" She whined.
I smirked, "Then stop making me sound really tall." I . I heard her sigh and she stopped talking to me as she clung on to me tightly whilst I laughed quietly. I turned the corner and we reached the house.
"Thank you for the piggy back." Nana said to me as she patted my head. 

 


 

The next day:

[Seungjun's POV]
"Hanuel-ah, please can you do the washing for me. You can just go into Nana's room, her washing will be in a basket." The words of Aunt kept circulating around my head as I held onto the door handle of Nana's room. Aunt asked me to do the washing, but this meant going into Nana's room and Nana was out. But Nana was a girl! Wait. Why do I feel so awkward about going into her room? Come on Park Seungjun; simply go into her room, find the basket and take it back out with you. I breathed in deepily as I braced myself and pulled down the door handle. I pushed open the door and entered her room. "Ok. I'm in." I whispered to myself as I looked around for her laundry basket.

 

I finally found the basket in the corner of her room and tipped her washing into the larger tub I was carried filled with the rest of the washing. As I wandered out of her room, I stood on something which made a crumple sound. I grimaced and glanced down to see I had stepped on a piece of paper which was half under her blankets on the floor and half under my foot. I stepped back slightly and picked up the paper. I didn't look at it but then I noticed something. 'Park Seungjun'. I frowned and sat down on her desk chair as I turned the piece of paper around to read it properly. A news report... on me..?

 

I was busy hanging out the newly washed clothes when I heard the front gate creak. "I'm back!" I heard Nana shout. I continued hanging out the washing until I heard footsteps. "Seungjun!" She whispered quietly because everyone else was out. I turned around and smiled to her. 
"Was everything ok?" I asked her. She held up an 'OK' sign with her fingers and I smiled before she disappeared into the house. I finished hanging out the washing and put the tubs to one side when I heard quick footsteps. I turned around to find an out of breath Nana, staring straight at me.
"You know." She said to me as she looked at me in fear.

 

"You know. You know I'm a reporter. You read my notes, right? I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have lied to you. Seungjun, I'm so sorry." She began rambling to me. I sighed and placed my hands on her shoulders.
"Nana! It's fine!" I tried to reassure her but she didn't listen.
"It isn't fine. I hurt you. I didn't tell you. I shouldn't have lied to you." She kept repeating as tears escaped from her eyes. I sighed again as wiped the tears from her face gently.
"Nana! Listen to me!" I said sternly which make her shocked. She paused and looked up at me with watery eyes. "I said it's fine. I knew all along. I knew you were a reporter. Aunt and Uncle told me before you came." I told her.

 

She looked at me blankly, "But why-" she began to ask me.
"I wanted to see who you were as a person. Once I met you, I knew you wouldn't use your reporter role. And you haven't. Nana, I trust you." I told her as I pulled her towards me and wrapped my arms around her. 
"You knew all along." She whispered to me quietly as I hugged her tightly. I nodded to her and pulled away from her slightly.
"Ah~ But now we have a problem." I told her as she looked up at me and sniffled. 

"What-" She stuttered.

"I've fallen in love with a reporter." I said as I pulled her back towards me gently and pressed my lips against hers.

 


 

Author's Note: Ohoooho! Seungjun knows about Nana! Well, he knew all along but didn't tell her! Are you enjoying the story so far my lovelies? What do you think wil happen next? I'm thinking of writing about 20-30 chapters of this story so there will be a lot more things to happen on the way. Thank you for subscribing and I would love to read your comments! :)