#07.1: You Have Me

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DO CHECK THIS OUT!

 

Hanbin and Chanwoo will be married to each other as an arrangement of their families. They were unfortunately not doing it because they wanted to, but for the sake of their families' name and their companies. And along the way of their 'pretentious' marriage, love blossoms and mystery that is kept in the dark unwantedly comes out.   - Miyuyojin

 

 

“You have to do this.” His father’s word comes out strong and firm, ordering him like a dictator he is; forcing Hanbin to make a decision he refuses to take. Although his father is all aware about his refusal all these times when it comes to anything his father decides for him—boarding school, taking business courses in college when his passion has always been about music, his lifestyle, his circle of friends, and the list could just go on.

 

So it’s only normal for him to refuse again this time, right? “No.”  He sounds as firm as his father. Yet of course, like always, his word doesn’t count.

 

As his father’s eyes turn into a slit, glaring at him menacingly, Mr. Kim utters, “You will and this is the end of the discussion. You cannot disobey me.” Hanbin scoffs, loudly, as hard as he could to show his protest. He takes a stand, abruptly like how abrupt and nonsense this sudden order from his father has come in today.

 

“Say whatever you want, dad. But I won’t do this.” He deadpans. “I will NOT marry someone who I don’t even know who the hell he is!”

 

“Language, Kim Hanbin.” There comes his mother, sitting by the other chair right before him. She’s sitting so elegantly, so rich with style. He takes notice of her new dress for the day. Must be from her another round of shopping yesterday. She’s holding her cup of tea at the angle of her chest with her body sitting so damn straight, like a model posing for a magazine. “You watch your tongue when you’re speaking with your father.” She said again. “And you must accept this order. No retaliation.”

 

He frowns, gasping in order to let more air enter his constricted lungs that feel narrowed to the impending explosion of anger coming due. He can’t believe this, he looks over to both his parents; his father is still having that menacing look as he sits by the main big couch inside their vast mansion’s living room. His stance like a King in Joseon era resting over his throne while giving orders to his people, and that is what Hanbin hates the most in his entire 26 years of living; being ordered around.

 

He cannot accept this crazy one this time! Never! “I don’t want to! Are both of you crazy?! Why would I marry the Jung’s son?! I don’t even know who he is! I’ve never seen him, never talked to him, never even HEARD of this boy. Is he really their son?”

 

“Well, the boy is a bit….” His mother pauses, smacking her full red lips after taking the sip of the hot tea. Her face looks questioning, like she’s choosing the right word to say. “Different. Yes, he is different. So they don’t exactly talk about him a lot.” He notices the slight cringed at the corner of her eyes, like the word is one of her mockery.

 

“What? He’s sick or something?” Hanbin inquires, taking sudden interest of this out-of-nowhere brought up last son of the notorious Jung’s family. “Not as notorious like us, of course.” His mind gathers back on the words his father used to describe that family whenever they are mentioned in his family’s discussion.

 

“Not sick. Just have some condition? Is that what they have told you, sweetheart? When you were talking to him on the phone yesterday?” Mrs. Kim asks her husband, who is still sitting like a king over his throne. Ugh, Hanbin hates whenever his dad did such a lame stupid pose. He nods his head over his wife, agreeing to her claim.

 

“You agreed on my arranged marriage through a phone call?!” He shrieks again this time, “Are you serious, dad?!”

 

“Yes I am. And I am dead serious when I told you about the marriage too.” The cold voice speaks again, sending chills down Hanbin’s spine though he doesn’t show it. “You will and must marry the Jung’s younger’s son in 2 weeks or else….”

 

He and his never-ending threat. “What now? You’re going to sell my Lamborghini? You’ve done it when I refused to come with you on your stupid’s meetings. You want to kick me out from this house? You already DID. I’m only here just because those of the reporters are coming tomorrow for an exclusive interview about our family and our happiness…” He glances at his mother, taking in how she frowns disliking the way he mimics and critiques her words. Hanbin forces down a smirk. “And in case you’re thinking of taking my dog away from me, congratulations. He died a month ago thanks to your stupid maid changing his food with a rotten expired canned food and Obang died of intestine’s infection.”

 

“Omo, really?” Mrs. Kim gasps as she covers with one hand. Then it comes down to her chest as she looks at her husband with a puppy eyes. “No wonder we haven’t been listening to his barking for a long time. I didn’t even know he had died.”

 

“I didn’t even know the dog was here.” Hanbin’s eyes shut closed in complete bafflement and confusion over his father’s remarks. “Why was the dog here and not in his apartment?” Hanbin rolls his eyes. Seriously, these two is so heartless.

 

“Because Hanbyul wants to play with him so I brought him along for her birthday.” One that you forgot to celebrate, again. And it’s only me and the poor dog singing her the birthday song. He dares not to say those out loud or else he might sound very rude. Well, technically me singing alone. Dog can’t sing. Obang sounded horrible. And as if what I’ve been talking to them isn’t rude enough of me.

 

“Anyway…” His head is spinning. Why would he suffer another ridiculous order from his father again? “I don’t want to marry. And there’s nothing left you can take from me so you can’t force me.” Song of victory sounding inside his head. But not for long…

 

“Is that sooo~~?” Here comes the arrogant Mrs. Kim, sing sang with her opera-ish voice. “We might can’t take anything away from you anymore. But we can with Hanbyul.”

 

Hanbin freezes to the floor. No. He thoughts. Not my little sister.

 

“Don’t tell me.” He stops, the nods from his mother confirming his fear. “Yes, if you refuse marrying the Jung’s son, we will send your sister to a boarding school.” She pauses to smile wickedly. “To Barcelona.”

 

“Are you nuts, mom?! You’re sending her abroad?” He yells once again. “She’s ing 9!”

 

“So what? We sent you off to Madagascar when you were 7.” Nonchalantly she said. “And the school is really magnificence! It’s the top notch all-girls school in all Europe. Just think about what people will say when they learn we send Hanbyul off to such a prestigious school?! Oh! This could be a good news for tomorrow interview!”

 

Another shrikes. “NO! You can’t send her off there!”

 

“Then take the offer!” His mother’s loud, cold and tense voice booming through the hall. Unalike her sweet melodic annoying voice earlier when she’s talking like a drag queen. “Marry the Jung’s son! Or else we will send her off for real.”

 

Swirl of emotions inside his head along with thousands unwanted feelings squashing his heart and mind. What a torture. He has never had any choices to choose the way he wants his life to be. It is always controlled or planned or better yet; scheduled, because that is what he is supposed to live by; to live in the shadow and hundreds lies and expectations of his parents and the public. When he has never wanted any of it! Just because his father is the top successful businessman around the Asia; the leader of the business world big game, he has to follow his footsteps. Had to live by rules, orders, no hobbies, no ambitions, no choices. This is .

 

And he thought it will all be over when he has finished his studies. But he is wrong. Now he got to accept his parents’ incredulously arranged marriage plan just to lift their family’s name in the eyes of the society. Hanbin hates this, he despises his parents, and his own life.

 

He despises this Jung’s boy. He will pay for it.

 

 

 

 

 

He has never felt this defeated in his entire life. Not even when he learns he won’t be free from his parents’ constant expectations on him, preventing him to be who he wanted to be. The walk is agonizingly slow, numerous stupid flashlights are blinding his eyes and how Hanbin wishes he can just disappear now.

 

The hand wrapped around his arm feels like burning his skin. He silently cursing his life in his mind, how did he get into this mess? How could his father possibly torture him to this extend? He wants to curse loudly, but with this many people watching and his soon-to-be husband walking along the aisle how could he do that?

 

As he reached the aisle, he faces his groom—for the very first time ever since Hanbin has never met him; the last son of the Jung’s family. His name is Jung Chanwoo. The mentioned boy—yes, Hanbin will just call him that although he is all aware he is only 2 years younger than him. But his face definitely screams kid, he looks so young. God, what have their parents done? He almost feels sorry watching the doe-eyed boy standing before him in his white suit, his hair is nearly slicked back, showing his good features. On that, Hanbin won’t lie, the boy is definitely handsome.

 

But in all those expensive suit and flawless makeup, the look inside his eyes won’t trick Hanbin. He knows Chanwoo feels the same like him; they do not want to be here. They do not wish for this stupid wedding to happen. Yet here they are. He almost not wanting to torture the boy when the realization dawns on him that they are both just victims.

 

“Hereby, I pronounce both of you as partners.” The priest said, “You may kiss now.”

 

But hell no he would.

 

 

 

The room is too crowded with their family members, guests, the press, and even some people Hanbin has never seen before. Sighing out loud, he tries to catch up to the boring conversation one of his father’s business partner is telling although he can tell it’s just some bull he’s spewing. But knowing his and his new parents-in-law is standing in the circle he’s and his husband is in, he had no choice but to keep the pretend.

 

He sighs slowly, but loud enough for the boy beside him to hear. “Stop doing that. They’re going to hear you.” Chanwoo whispers to Hanbin’s ear, well it isn’t that hard to do because apparently the boy is taller 1 cm from him and that truly . Hanbin hates that so much. That’s why before this banquet started, he asks for his maid to put insoles inside his shows, when he has never ever wear one.

 

Hanbin groans lowly, only for his husband to hear. “I can’t help it if they’re too boring.” He listens to another low sigh coming from Chanwoo. He’s asking me not to sigh but he can?

 

“Let’s go.” Hanbin is surprised to hear that. He stretches his ear more to hear the boy clearly. “What?”

 

“I said, let’s go. I’m tired of standing.” By now, Hanbin can see the stare his father is giving him as he is no longer paying attention to his boring business partners’ story. But he could care less, although as long as his father didn’t call him out to embarrass him.

 

Truthfully saying he’s tired too. But he needs to make an excuse. Or else, his parents won’t let him live away from their nagging. Then, he got an idea. His hand that is loosely holding his husband from behind quickly finds the boy’s waist once again, this time his grip is tighter; for the first time since they declared their vows hours ago. He giggles inwardly hearing the yelp coming from beside him. “Excuse me, but I guess we’re moving up to the dance floor now.” and like on que, a soft ballad music is played, splendid melody echoing throughout the large hall. Everyone becomes excited for a slow dance with their partners and Hanbin takes it as a great opportunity.

 

Looking at how his father and mother’s eyes returning to their calm façade, he knows he has made a good plan. “Aww, I guess the newlyweds can’t wait for a little fun!” There goes his mother again, loud and obnoxious. Chanwoo’s parents nod their heads along as Mrs. Jung softly ushers them to go on. Hanbin bows and not waiting longer to pull the boy with him, dragging him to the dance floor away from the crowd.

 

As he makes it to the center, he sighs in relief. “Fuh, that’s surely nerve-wrecking.”

 

“Yeah.” Chanwoo slowly mutters, he eyed the place to see they are no longer in the eyes of their families. “It is.” Both of them are standing before each other awkwardly, no longer holding each other’s waist nor having close proximity. Hanbin clears his throat slightly.

 

“You know, if you want to stay here, we have to dance now.”

 

Chanwoo sighs again. “I’ve told you I’m tired. I want to sit down.” Hanbin has to strain himself from rolling his eyes in annoyance. God, this kid is so spoiled.

 

“Just dance a bit to convince them then we get the hell out of here.” Hanbin moves forward an inch, he notices the surprised yelp coming from Chanwoo’s thin mouth. “Now hold onto me and start moving your ing legs.”

 

“Rude.” Chanwoo doesn’t hesitate to voice out and truthfully Hanbin doesn’t care. Though it does surprise him to know this boy is quite a savage. He monitors Chanwoo taking one step forward, putting his arms around Hanbin’s one side of shoulder and waist then letting the latter sways him along to the music.

 

They are so awkward; that ain’t a lie and for sure everybody can see it. But seriously, how can he not be awkward with this stranger? They barely knew each other.” “I guess you’re not that famous in your family huh?”

 

Chanwoo’s eyes grow wide in confusion, Hanbin swears he looks like a doll. Weird doll with ridiculous big scary eyes. “What?” The boy inquires, and this time Hanbin rolls his eyes. This boy’s thick skull is hard to get by.

 

“I’ve never heard about you actually. I thought that Mr and Mrs. Jung only have a son. Not two.” He nonchalantly utters, not realizing how tense the boy has become. “Where have you been all these time?”

 

“Nowhere.” He answers. “Just at home.” Hanbin fails once again to see the shake of the boy’s orbs.

 

“Where did you go for school? College?”

 

“Private school in Yonsan-gu.” Hanbin nods his head, quite impressed. “And I didn’t attend college.” Now his brows raised up at that. “Oh, so you’re taking over the company so soon?” Then he stops with a knitted brows. “I don’t reckon meeting you anywhere in all those meetings my father and your father’s companies had before. You’re an intern?” Chanwoo shakes his head while their bodies are still swaying to the slow music. “What did you do then?”

 

Only now he takes notice of the boy’s tense face muscles and his eyes are fixed on the floor already. Chanwo is no longer looking at him and he looks so uncomfortable. “Nothing much. It’s complicated.”

 

Hanbin remembers his mother used the same word to describe Chanwoo too weeks before. He feels curious and puzzled. The Jung is a very notorious family in South Korea. Their reputation is no joke and the public loves them; since Mr. Jung—Chanwoo’s father and now Hanbin’s father-in-law is a top notch businessman and a politician with numerous supporters. Such a high status for sure even his family would be trailing in the same high reputation in studies and such—and yes, he is well aware of the first son, Jung Kyungrok who is the star of the Jung. He is insanely good looking and famous too. But now to learn this youngest of the family doesn’t even have a college’s certification nor having any relationship with the company is surely a surprise.

 

He is too wrapped up with his thoughts until he doesn’t realize Chanwoo is already pulling him away to the small garden outside. Hanbin’s eyes scan the places, there’s not much of people there. Some are just hanging around drinking wine while chatting up. It’s not as crowded as inside. But when he has no longer holding to anyone in his arms, he watches Chanwoo walking to the nearest bench and flops down to it loudly. He sighs out loudly, making the few people around harboring attention to them. Hanbin shakes his head, this kid just doesn’t care about others, huh? How can he sits with both legs sprawled out shamelessly like that?

 

He walks closer and sits down beside him. Of course, before making sure to push the boy’s leg to make him sit properly. “Don’t sit like that. You look like a scum.”

 

“I don’t mind being one as long as I can sit down.” He said and finally sitting straight despite his words seconds earlier. Lazily, he runs his fingers through his neatly styled hair, not minding ruining the pomade keeping them in check. “God, I am super exhausted. What am I even doing here?”

 

“You’re not the only one asking that, kid.” Hanbin mutters in annoyance as he leans back to the garden bench, feeling his life is restored 3 years back.

 

“Don’t call me that. I’m not a kid.” Chanwoo retorts. “I’m 24 years old.”

 

Hanbin scowls. “Yeah sure, whatever. Like I care.” He pauses. “And I don’t care either if we got to stay together from now on. I’m just saying this beforehand so that you won’t be surprised. I’m moving out from the house my father gave to us.”

 

If only Hanbin looks beside him, he can see Chanwoo’s eyes grow wide. “Can you do that? Won’t your father be mad at you?”

 

“He can be all mad, I don’t ing care anymore.” He smirks. “I’m tired listening to his whims. This marriage is such a bull and he just ordered me to marry you, not stay with you. So I guess its fine.”

 

Both of them stay in silence for minutes before Chanwoo breaks it. “If I were you I will think very carefully. I Mean, if people know we are not living together, it’s going to be bad.”

 

Hanbin sighs. God, this kid just have no chill. He tilts his head to the side, meeting the boy’s face and only then Hanbin notices Chanwoo’s eyes is not the color of black orbs but dark brown with a little tint of yellow. His eyes are so big—he figured that already and his nose is tall. He looks like a model. Now how can anyone have that kind of eye color? Hanbin has never seen them before. It’s…

 

“I will figure it out. As long as I can get away from you.” He faces forward once again, disregarding confuse look on Chanwoo. An attempt to close his eyes and Hanbin is blessed with a momentarily peace. The party won’t come to an end in another hour and he’s already itching to get out from this suffocating suit. The reminder of a soft comfy bed makes him sleepy.

 

He is lost to the dreamland to even hear what Chanwoo said. “I don’t mind either way. I hate you and this wedding too.”

 

 

 

 

It’s almost midnight when the newlyweds reached their new house. It’s a wedding gift from Hanbin’s parents to them but Hanbin knows better that they just want to show off their money to the Jung. The house will only be the two of them in a company of 2 maids and a housekeeper that will only be in the house for the day. They can have their time alone from evening until the next morning.

 

The house if huge; though not like Hanbin’s and he can say the same for Chanwoo’s house. But it is luxurious enough to fit in 50 people inside. There is 4 bedrooms, 2 guest rooms, 2 living rooms, 2 study rooms, a gym, a very spacious pool in the another enormous backyard. Seriously, isn’t this too much for a newlyweds? Though Hanbin doesn’t mind. He’s at the perfect age to have mansion of his own.

 

Yet sadly he got to share it with this snobbish Jung Chanwoo. Ugh, Hanbin feels with the every ticking seconds, he’s regretting agreeing to this marriage. But at the thought of his little sister, suffering alone in abroad; alike him when he’s a child, his parents never bothered to visit nor even keep up with his well-being back when he was in Madagascar. Hanbin was all alone striving with countless ridiculous classes and exams and expectations. He can’t afford to have his little sister suffering the same things too.

 

As when Hanbin and Chanwoo is ushered inside the master bedroom, it’s unlikely to say the room is big; both of their bedrooms in their old houses are much larger than this. Yet it does scream luxury, the king-sized bed doubled the size of Chanwoo’s bed—the younger has said. 2 sets of expensive mahogany furniture, a big dressing room and a yet enormous bathroom. But Hanbin is surprised to see the bathroom only has a shower place, not a bathtub.

 

“Is this the master bedroom’s bathroom or there’s another one?” Hanbin inquires the maid who has showed them the room. Chanwoo is already sitting on the bed, holding tight his backpack in the arms.

 

“Yes, young master Hanbin. This is the master bedroom’s bathroom.”

 

“Then where is the bath tub?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter