#6.1: Love Theory

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Stable and finance beneficial occupation, beautiful husband, perfect marriage; the epitome of happiness of a man named Kim Hanbin. He thought with having Chanwoo, everything is perfect. That he has met a guy he would never played around with.   Until he met a certain handsome man that stirred his heart up.   Hanbin wonders what is the definition of LOVE.   - Bevzbevz08 -

 

 

People say that it’s easy to fall in love, but not to love truly. Some even said that love is temporary as which when the soul departs from the body, so does the love residing itself in the core. There’s even some saying that love is nonexistent; what stays are devotion and lust.

 

Well, whichever it is, Hanbin knows of one thing; if it’s love, it is love, and he loves Jung Chanwoo; his dear husband whom he has been marrying for almost 3 years with all of his heart and soul.

 

It’s not love at first sight, Hanbin doesn’t believe of that stuff despite all the philosophy he had of love. But he knows it is true love. He has met Chanwoo back in college during his final year, the latter is in his 2nd year. The older majoring in architectural furniture while the younger is in business and management major. Both walk the different paths in career, but that’s what drive them to each other, until they eventually fall in love and get married right after Chanwoo obtains a stable job in one administrative company. Hanbin is 25 while Chanwoo is 23 when they decide to settle down.

 

To say they are happy after the marriage is an understatement; they are like living in a heaven, even until now after 3 years. Nothing could possibly wipe out the love they have for each other; nothing. That’s what both of them strongly believe.

 

Hanbin is very sure that no one could capture his heart alike how Chanwoo has done.

 

 

 

“You’re going to that meeting?” Chanwoo is setting up the table for breakfast while Hanbin is busy tying his necktie in hassle. But of course he couldn’t, his short-tempered always ended up with him letting Chanwoo fixes it for him. Which the latter does, as he walks to his troubled husband, replaces his hands over the cloth and starts tying it up neatly. Chanwoo is about 2 inch taller than Hanbin thus his face is only a meter away from the older. After he has done, Hanbin plants a kiss on his lips, like always every time Chanwoo helps him to fix the tie. They both take the seat for a calm breakfast.

 

“I need to go. The vice director is taking a day off due to some emergency.” Hanbin takes a sip of the orange juice. The freshness makes his senses awake. “So much for an emergency. He might just be having another hangover as usual.” Chanwoo can’t help but to find his husband’s remark amusing.

 

“Maybe Jiwon hyung has his own problem he needs to attend immediately. Think of good stuff will you?” Chanwoo says as he helps pour the honey syrup over his husband’s pancake.

 

“He might just be too drunk from last night party. I know him so well, and he’s so dead because making me going out on this nice day.”

 

“But nice day is meant to be enjoyed outside!” Chanwoo jokes around earning him tickles from Hanbin. They start off the day filled with laughter before they quickly clean up and get ready for work. They drive using each other’s cars leaving the house together to each workplace.

 

 

 

As Hanbin awaits for the new client—which is Jiwon supposed to be meeting instead of him, he briefly checks on the document his secretary gives him. Reading here and there, a bit of signature and stuff, he still waits. Although he is actually 10 minutes early.

 

“Don’t you think we’re a bit early, sir?” His secretary sitting by his right over the dining table in the fanciest restaurant in Seoul asks him of the question. Hanbin still has his eyes over the papers.

 

“A tip in business world; be the one waiting for the party that would positively present you a benefit, not the one being waited. That’s what my husband has taught me.” He said as he hands over the document to the man. “But if that person doesn’t give you anything, then don’t bother to wait. You’re wasting even more of your time.”

 

“Which I can say; waste time equal to waste money.” Hanbin has a smile on his face hearing that as he eyed his secretary.

 

“Very excellent, Donghyukkie. You’ll be a successful businessman in no time with that attitude. Trust me.” He chuckles as they both wait for the clock to hit 12 PM. Just on time, the door is knocked and a woman enters the room. She’s the shop owner.

 

“Excuse me, Kim Hanbin-shii. Your guest is here.” She said before making way for people to come in. Both Hanbin and Donghyuk stand up as a sign of respect. Donghyuk slips the chance to whisper in his boss’s ear, “Seems like your new client is following the same principle as yours, sir.”

 

Hanbin couldn’t agree more to that. He is equally surprised too.

 

The guests then enter the room, two people. The front one is a man wearing a much fancier suit. Even Hanbin as the owner of the infamous furniture company in South Korea looks much low standard than him. Behind him is a woman in her 20s, petite body and good looking. In fact, both the man and woman are very much good looking. Hanbin gains the confirmation of it when the man stands before him.

 

They take a seat and when the light in the room is finally reaching over their faces—thanks to the low hang Korean-style lamp, their faces can only be seen completely when they are seated, Hanbin is taken aback by the man sitting before him. He’s not just good looking but, very much beautiful. Even attractive that it makes Hanbin’s heart skips a beat. It’s weird but he can’t deny it.

 

“Excuse us for being late. I hope Kim Hanbin-shii doesn’t have to wait for so long.” The woman speaks up, her voice is deep and strong despite her small figure.

 

Hanbin is supposed to say something to that but because he’s too busy goggling over his guest’s charm, Donghyuk steps in, “It’s alright. We came here 10 minutes earlier after all. Thank you so much for coming.”

 

Hanbin is like in trance. He can’t move, more even uttering anything. Whenever he tries to break the contact away, he finds himself staring again. Luckily, the guest is too absorbed in whatever Donghyuk is saying. Then he smiles, oh Hanbin swears his heart just stops. What’s happening to him?

 

“Looks like what I’ve been hearing about Kim Hanbin-shii is true; you’re always early to a meeting. Is it because you treasure time more than anything or because you can’t wait to start it so it can end before lunch?” The words are spoken by the man before him, the said to be the son of a wealthy and powerful hotel owner in Gangnam area. Hanbin is aware of his intention to have a joint business with Hanbin’s furniture company. He has read it through the paper.

 

If it’s not because of Donghyuk nudging him from below, he won’t be able to speak. “I believe the right word is ethic. I value professionalism and etiquette in working to gain success.” Well screw professionalism when he can’t even stop looking at him. Seems like the latter does notice as he chuckles lowly. Oh, the sound of it drives him crazy, Hanbin knows he’s screwed up for having this weird feeling!

 

“Looks like a red beef face is the counter effect of all those values, isn’t it?” He said it lowly but the room isn’t that spacious and all 4 of them can perfectly hear the sarcasm in his voice. The woman is smiling holding her laughter, Donghyuk is dead ashamed and Hanbin has no idea how to feel. Though he knows something,

 

The man before him is absolutely gorgeous.

 

“So, I guess we should get down to business quickly right? Time is money.” The man hands over the document his secretary has been holding ever since entering the room. Hanbin tries to focus and get started their meeting. But it’s quite hard when his heart is practically bursting out of his chest.

 

“I guess you’re right. Let’s get down to business shall we?” Hanbin faces him, who’s smiling to him. “Kim Jinhwan-shii.”

 

 

 

“So, how’s your day today?” Chanwoo looks over from the laptop to his best friend standing before him with the stupidest grin he could ever gave to Chanwoo. It’s no secret that his Yunhyeong’s smile is contagious.

 

“Why do you keep asking the same question everyday, hyung?” He says in a light manner, still typing over the laptop as Yunhyeong takes the seat.

 

“Well, everyday is a good day for you. I’m just curious how a lovely happy marriage’s life looks like.” Yunhyeong said as he looks over to the ceiling. His head is resting over the handle and both legs dangling by the other handle. It surprises Chanwoo how those long legs could fit into that chair.

 

“If you really want to know about it, then get married quickly. You will know.”

 

Yunhyeong laughs lowly, sounding very amusing. “If only there is only happiness in marriage. But it’s not. Marriage is just ….. lots of things.”

 

“Lots of what?”

 

“Well…” Yunhyeong finally sits up straight; effortlessly putting both his long legs down. At that, Chanwoo has to stop typing. Seriously, he has no idea how could those legs fit into his small armchair. “You know, commitment to everything. Your spouse, your spouse’s family, your family, your spouse’s family’s friends, your family’s friends and others oh my God, it’s too much!” There it is, Yunhyeong exaggerating as the usual. Same old habits Chanwoo has always seen ever since in college. “I just can’t do that.”

 

“Then don’t do it.”

 

“But I’m curious how does marriage feels like.”

 

“Then get someone and marry!”

 

“You’re killing meh, Jung Chanwoo!” And Yunhyeong is up from the chair, gripping his hair in frustration. He walks out from Chanwoo’s office but not before peeking his head through the door. “But I’m really happy if you’re happy, Chanwoo-ah.” Yunhyeong is gone, leaving Chanwoo a big smile over his face. When will his friend ever be mature?

 

 

 

“So, I guess that went well.” Donghyuk has to say if the long years of him knowing Hanbin could make him understand every inch of the latter’s behavior, he is definitely wrong. For today, Donghyuk is confused; absolutely petrified watching Kim Hanbin—the almighty Kim Hanbin, the top entrepreneur in South Korea, richest and well-known businessman could be so timid and stupid at the same time. He is amazed, truly remarkable Hanbin is as he shows how flustered he is in front of the Kim Jinhwan; the 3rd sons of the biggest and richest man in the world! How dazzling is it to see Hanbin acting like an idiot? Very dazzling.

 

They are back in the office. The lunch meeting goes on well with the two reaching the ideal agreement; of course, since both of them are a very intelligent and sophisticated men. But personally speaking, Hanbin is lowest. How he can’t stop blushing and stuttering every time Jinhwan has asked him about his personal life; his hobby, wealth, his husband, and Hanbin just can’t answer that properly. He almost bursts out saying Kim Jiwon; his best friend and his company’s vice director as his husband!

 

It’s not a good day, and he doesn’t know why.

 

“I believe you would want me to cancel all your appointments in the evening, sir?” Donghyuk watches Hanbin so distress as he takes off his necktie and throws it carelessly on the table. Great, now Donghyuk would have to help him put it back on.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter