#8.2: What Have Been Hidden In The Dark

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinhwan has his eyes to the clock over the wall. Strange, Chanwoo should be home an hour ago but he’s nowhere seen. No calls or texts, he’s worried.

 

“Chanwoo is late.” He hears Yunhyeong by the other end of couch saying, same eyes looking over the clock. He is worried too. In fact, everyone is.

 

“Can I eat first, hyung? I’m starving.” June pops out from the hall rubbing his stomach. He looks like a child, it’s hard to believe the kid is infamous enough with torturing people before killing them.

 

Yunhyeong gives him a disapproving look. “Not yet, June. We have guest, remember?” June scowls at that.

 

“But the guest and maknae is not here yet and I am hungry!” June claims, only for him to be ignored.

 

“This is weird. Did they go somewhere first?” Donghyuk who has been sitting before the TV said. Worries grow over his eyes. Just then, both Hanbin and Bobby come out from each their rooms. Face scowled like June, wanting to eat dinner as fast as they can.

 

“That’s it, I’m eating.” Right after June said that, a call blares through the air. Hanbin fishes his phone out from his back pocket, furrowing his brows at the unknown number but he picks it up nonetheless. “Hello?” Silence greets him with a sound of somebody breathing. Hanbin is confused. “Who is this?” But the breathing ain’t stopping, nor even any words spoken out. Calling it his instinct, Hanbin knows something is wrong. “Who the are you?” The rest in the room could hear the distinct growl in the leader’s voice. All eyes on him, nervous and perplexed over the cussing.

 

“We have your maknae, Kim Hanbin; or should I say the Red Sling’s notorious head?”

 

The mention of Chanwoo gets Hanbin’s blood runs cold. He spins around to see all his brothers are watching with worries in their eyes. Yunhyeong and Jinhwan are already on their feet, June no longer sitting by the dining table and Jiwon with Donghyuk are watching Hanbin with their bloodthirst eyes. They know the call isn’t from someone familiar.

 

“Where is he? How do I know you’re not lying?” Hanbin says sharply, if words could kill, the person behind the speaker could have been dead by then. Snickers could be heard, it causes Hanbin’s grip on the phone tightens.

 

“You don’t believe me. Then why don’t you hear his voice yourself?” A rustle is heard, then small thud followed by loud smack sound. Like a flesh meeting a flesh, skin to skin. Hanbin is familiar with the sound, it’s a sound of somebody being punched. Grunts could be heard and then he hears it, loud and clear. “H—Hanbin h-hyung….” He recognizes that voice anywhere, his eyes grow bigger and redder. Hanbin bellows in rage, “HOW DARE YOUU!!” Then all the members close the distance to the leader, worries flashed in their eyes.

 

“What’s happening, Hanbin?! Is it Chanwoo?!” Yunhyeong urgently inquires, cold sweat covering his forehead. Hanbin can’t talk, he has to focus on Chanwoo’s voice.

 

“H—Hyung…” He sounds so weak, it’s killing everything in Hanbin to hear that.

 

“Be patience, Chanu. We’re coming for you!” That’s all he could have said before the rustling comes back and Chanwoo isn’t the one over the line anymore. Chuckles heard, “What?? You are coming here? Oh, I’m flustered! Finally you’re blessing my place with your ever so gracefulness.” Hanbin grits his teeth in frustration. He swears he would kill the man. “Just tell me where the are you now son of a .”

 

“Oh, but that’s the fun; I can’t!” Loud laughter echoes through his ears, even the rest could hear it. “If you are smart enough like how you made it to be, come and find me Kim Hanbin. Remember; what’s the worthy enemy of fire again?” Then the call is ended. He doesn’t see that coming, Hanbin shouts for the man over and over again like a maniac. He tries to redial the call but it’s rejected. Raging with frustration, he almost throws the phone over the floor if it isn’t because of Jinhwan taking a tight hold of his arm.

 

“Where is he?” Jinhwan looks totally different from how he used to act in the house. The oldest has always been kind, gentle yet childish at times in the presence of their maknae. To show such cold and spiteful demeanor is what he would always do when they are out for jobs. For Jinhwan to show violence now means he is so ready for a fight.

 

“He didn’t tell.” Hanbin answered. “But he gives me a riddle.”

 

The words get everyone raising their eyebrows questioningly. “What riddle?” Ask Jiwon in confusion.

 

“I believe all of you have heard of it before.” The leader said before quoting the riddle, “Remember; what’s the worthy enemy of fire again?”

 

It doesn’t take long for all of their eyes bulging out in surprise. Donghyuk is the first to react. “The Blue Dragon Gang got Chanwoo?!” Hanbin hesitates but he nods nonetheless. Confirming the claim. Donghyuk is shocked, “Heol.” But then rage fills his orbs and his face screams anger. He is all red. “If they dare to touch Chanu I swear I’ll break them to pieces.”

 

“Take turns. I’ll feed them to the dogs.” June intercepts with equal malice in his voice alike Donghyuk.

 

“We need to get him back. He must be so scared.” The mother hen Yunhyeong is anxious. “We have to hurry, Hanbin-ah. He needs us!”

 

“You don’t have to say so, Yunhyeong.” Jiwon draws attention to himself as they see him all equipped and ready. “We’re leaving now.” Hanbin doesn’t need to give orders; they know time is running out for their youngest.

 

 

 

 

He can’t remember what has happened. The only thing that makes sense to him now is the burn of rope eating his skin, the cold ground beneath his shuddering body and the splitting headache killing him. Chanwoo looks up to see at least 6 men dressing in black all laughing and snickering about something. A mention of Hanbin’s name is heard though he is confused how do they know about his brother. The room he’s in is cold, almost damp as if they’re somewhere off heat ground. It confuses him further of his location. How could he escape from here?

 

“Chanwoo.” He hears his name is mentioned so subtly, yet clear. He shuts his eyes with a deep frown etched over his bruised and bleeding face. The cuts and bruises hurt, but nothing could compare to his heart. He hates the betrayal, especially from someone he is close with.

 

“Chanwoo, please look at me.” His name is called again, and he hates to hear Mino’s voice. He just can’t believe it, for his own friend to be one of a gang. One that kidnaps him nonetheless. It’s crazy, but it’s happening. He is so lost.

 

“Chanwoo, I’m sorry. They force me to do it. I mean no harm to you.” Mino sounds so remorseful, but Chanwoo can’t believe him anymore. He eventually opens his eyes to see Mino kneeling beside him over the cold and dirty ground, face sad and eyes begging for his forgiveness. Almost like he is about to cry too.

 

But Chanwoo is scared, he doesn’t know if he should believe him anymore. “Leave me alone.” Simply he said before closing his eyes again, letting the pains all over his body taking over again. He feels sick. He wants to go home.

 

A shudder left Mino before he speaks again, “I’m so sorry, Chanwoo.” Chanwoo wishes he could forgive him. He wants to see his brothers badly.

 

 

 

“Selective Amnesia.”

 

That was what the doctor said. It might be a bad luck, but it was a good news nonetheless. If that was the case, at least he won’t remember himself killing his adoptive family; all three of them.

 

Bobby was the one who found him, one of his co-workers at the bar had told him about his long lost younger brother from the orphanage staying inside a mental institution for almost 3 years. They re-group and found him, adding up with Jinhwan’s profound influence with some higher ups, they got him out from that place.

 

It started up only with Jinhwan, Yunhyeong and Chanwoo. Then the others came along, and they were complete. Although with a broken maknae, at least they were complete again.

 

Yunhyeong was sure this fake happiness will last forever, as long as they protected it.

 

 

 

“Yunhyeong.”

 

He is out of his reverie when his name is called. He looks away from the window, Bobby is the one calling him. “We are here.” Yunhyeong looks back to the window to see the moving road from before has come to a stop. They have arrived.

 

All 6 of them loading up, ready to have an ambush. With Hanbin in lead, they are going to bring Chanwoo back. “I have no interest in prisoners. So kill them all.” That’s all needed for them to charge forward slowly in the shadow, stealthily to spill some bloods.

 

 

There is loud screams out there, filling his ears with the splitting noises. Chanwoo knows the rescue has arrived, he can’t wait to get out of here.

 

“You hear that, kid?” The boss is talking to him, sitting by the chair with a gun in his hand. The killing tool gives him a creep. Chanwoo knows the rest of men inside the room have much bigger gun than the boss. “Your brothers are coming for you. How irony is that for them to be the one saving your ?” He laughs, a hideous and cranky one at that. Chanwoo hates it, but he hates it more to see Mino standing not far from the man, showing a sad face. He feels like standing up and punching him; one for making that sad face after betraying him and another for working for bad guys. If only he could but with an unbroken legs. They hammer both his legs down.

 

“The police is here. Why don’t you just give up?” He sounds so hoarse, but that doesn’t stop Chanwoo from attempting some mental damage.

 

“Police? Do you really think it is police out there?” The boss snickers again. “Kid, you have no idea who exactly you have been living with for all these years.”

 

“W—What?” Chanwoo is puzzled, he has no idea what the man is talking about.

 

“You think all your hyungs are good men, doing a good job and serving the people well. But that is on the surface only, you only see what they want you to see.” He stands up from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter