#04.2: Stressed Out

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm shook at how many people showing immense support to this prompt! :3

Well done to the requestor ^^b

 

When Jaeho returns to the upstairs dorm about 5 hours later, it’s like a hell just broke loose. Not only Yunhyeong and Hanbin as the residence panicking but they have all the members—including the cat and dog; that means Donghyuk and June, in the house looking twice as disheveled like the rest of their hyungs. The source of panic unknown though Jaeho could guess it by now.

 

“Didn’t he tell you where he wants to go at all? He must have said something for sure.” The question is popped out from Jinhwan towards the second oldest Yunhyeong, whom by the looks could have just diagnosed with anxiety attack. His face screams total panic with no sign of stopping.

 

He half-screaming to Jinhwan. “No, he told me nothing! He was there with us when Hanbin and I came to Donghyukkie’s room but then he was gone! I thought he was with you at least, Jinhwan hyung!”

 

Jinhwan’s brows keep furrowing deeply. “Well for a record, it was only me and June in June’s room just now. No Chanwoo detected.” He replies, baton passed to Donghyuk. “He could have returned to his room.”

 

“But he’s not there, I’ve checked. His room is empty.” Hanbin utters with equal panic alike the rest. “I’m not sure where he is but even the bathroom is empty.”

 

“He’s nowhere in the storage room either.” Bobby walks into the living room where the rest has migrated. They look worried and afraid, something obvious to the manager observing from the door. It must have been only few minutes ago when they have noticed their maknae is missing. Jinhwan ruffles his disheveled hair roughly as he turns his body only to notice Jaeho by the door. The eldest’s face brightens up. “Jaeho hyung!” All eyes towards the place where Jinhwan is looking, they see the manager awkwardly walking in.

 

“Have you seen Chanwoo?” Jinhwan throws the question with the rest looking hopeful. Jaeho almost feels sorry but he can’t give in. He has promised Chanwoo not to tell anyone about his little ‘disappearance’.

 

“No, I haven’t.” He blurts out, half-doubting half-sure when he watches how disappointed and sad the kids look like. Bobby groans loudly with Donghyuk and Hanbin sighing loudly. Even June seems equally flabbergasted.

 

“He’s so tall he can’t just disappear into thin air! He must have gone somewhere!” June remarks loudly, frowning harder than the rest of s. Bobby is sitting beside him whilst the rest are standing with phones in hands. They are trying to call Chanwoo.

 

“It’s no use. He’s turning his phone off.” Jinhwan panics, clicking his tongue with harden face. He faces Jaeho back. “Hyung, he suddenly gone we don’t even realize it. Are you sure he didn’t tell you anything?” Jaeho notices how red Jinhwan’s face is, alike he’s almost explode. But Jaeho shakes his head.

 

“I will inform the managers. We will try find him.” He assures the boys. “Until then, you guys stay here and tell me if Chanwoo calls any of you.” After seeing all of them nodding their heads reluctantly, Jaeho leaves the apartment, headed for the main building. He sighs heavily in the elevator, feeling his lungs deprived of oxygen with everything that’s happening.

 

“I hope you’re making the right decision, Chanwoo.”

 

 

Yunhyeong looks over his phone for the umpteenth time. He should be cooking dinner but he loses the spirit. Plus, everyone else are losing appetite after what have happened this afternoon. He flicks his fingers through the screen, opening the group chatroom. Gulping down the lump, he silently reads Chanwoo’s last messages to them which he has sent this late evening.

 

Hyungs, I’m going out for I don’t know how long but please don’t ask me anything. I need time. I’m sorry for acting up but I want to be alone for now. I am really sorry because I didn’t tell any of you I’m leaving but I’ll be back as soon as I can.

To June,  I am really sorry if what I said offend you. I didn’t mean bad, I just thought I could help you guys but I’m not that good in words. I hope you will forgive me. I hope all of you will.

Hanbin hyung, you don’t have to worry. Even though we won’t have any schedules for the time being, I will make sure to not do anything stupid. I’ve talked about it with the staff. They said they will handle the rest.

I will call you guys soon.

Chanu_6:20 PM TODAY

 

They all try to call him after that, Donghyuk leaving tons of messages in the chatroom with Hanbin and Jinhwan keep asking his whereabouts, pleading him to come home to talk. But Yunhyeong knows it’s no use when Chanwoo has made his mind. This is no longer on sulking level. It’s…..Yunhyeong doesn’t know. Disappointment? Anger? Guilt?

 

But for one thing, he knows the message Chanwoo left for June slaps the latter hard the most. He is definitely guilty when he keeps asking Yunhyeong every 15 minutes if there is anything on Chanwoo. Yunhyeong feels sorry for him. He must have felt really bad about it all.

 

Well, they all do feel bad about it.

 

 

 

 

“He must have heard us.”

 

Jinhwan let out to the rest of the members, sitting by the downstairs’ living room. All huddled in gloomy environment. It’s only them without the managers around; a space they needed at this moment.

 

Jinhwan continues when no one interrupts. “June and I were talking about it and maybe he didn’t hear it till the end.” Jinhwan eyed June beside him, head down with legs crossed. “Because if he does, he won’t leave.”

 

“It’s been three days and he hasn’t contacted any of us yet.” Yunhyeong said, his face shows worried and sadness like the rest. He glances around to see Donghyuk with a red nose. On que, he scoots closer to the boy sitting on the couch. Yunhyeong pats him on the back. “Don’t be sad, Donghyukkie. I’m sure he will be just fine.”

 

“I know that.” He starts to sob, tears spilling from his eyes. “I know this is my fault. If June and I didn’t have that fight, Chanwoo won’t run away.” Everyone’s eyes soften watching Donghyuk crying, head so low with shoulders hunching. His whole body shakes as Yunhyeong grabs him in an embrace.

 

“It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have punched him. I’m such a fool.” June claims as he eyed Donghyuk. “I’m sorry Donghyuk-ah for what I’ve said. I acted like a jerk. But I guess I am.” He sees the latter nodding his head vigorously; accepting his apology. Donghyuk is unable to form words with all the sobs wrecking him up. 

 

“It’s me. As a leader I should have kept everybody in check. If only I have talked it out properly with you two, things wouldn’t be like this.” Hanbin utters, followed by a grunt from Jiwon.

 

“Are we taking turns blaming ourselves now? Because I wonder when is my turn.” Bobby gets them all chuckling on his humor, enlightening the sad air. Even the crying Donghyuk is smiling, wiping the tears off his cheeks.

 

They all sit in silence. At least, the two maknaes have reconciled back.

 

 

 

 

After exactly one week only Jaeho opening up to them about Chanwoo’s disappearance.

 

“I saw him walking inside the house, crying before he stormed into his room. I knocked the door and asked him to come out but he won’t listen. When he came out, he had one luggage in hand and a backpack on his back. He asked me to take him away from here.” All the remaining members have their eyes wide like saucers, listening to what the manager just said. The thought of the introvert Chanwoo crying right in front of the manager; an act he hates the most could only mean one thing. That he had enough, he’s breaking down so bad.

 

And none of them are with him, that hits harshly.

 

“D—Do you know where is he now, hyung?” The question is from Yunhyeong, same question everybody has been asking for the past 2 weeks. But like always, no answer followed. Only silence.

 

Yet now is different; because Jaeho has finally comes to them telling the truth about Chanwoo. That he’s the one taking the maknae away without them knowing anything. They watch Jaeho sighs heavily, as if releasing a heavy burden on his chest. He looks up to everyone sitting before him by the couch. “You don’t have to worry. He’s safe with his friend.” They remember about Chanwoo’s closest friend which he goes with to Guam last year for a vacation.

 

A deeply frowned Donghyuk opens his mouth, “So he’s with him all these time?” They see Jaeho nodding his head. “He needs time.” Is what comes out from the manager.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us sooner, hyung?” Hanbin blurts out, no malice in his hoarse voice. Only fatigue along with the sadness portrayed on his sunken face. Yunhyeong beside him is already crying and Jinhwan is holding the tears up. June and Bobby have a very harden expression with a frowning Donghyuk who has his whole body shaking. They are a mess definitely, no denying that.

 

Jaeho is sighing again, like a routine to him nowadays. “He begs me not to tell any of you. He was a total…..mess. I don’t know what he heard but it’s definitely taking a toll on him. He thinks everything that happened is his fault.”

 

Yunhyeong is crying badly. “But it’s not! He didn’t do anything wrong about it.” Hanbin draws circles over his back to calm Yunhyeong down. “It’s just a big fat misunderstanding. Chanwoo did nothing wrong.”

 

“Yunhyeong hyung is right. It’s not on Chanwoo! June and I had a fought because of our own, it’s not him. Please tell him that Jaeho hyung and tell him to come back too.” Donghyuk’s turn and he is crying badly like Yunhyeong. Sobbing and hiccu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter