#6.2: Love Theory

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He returns home to an awaiting husband by the door and a warm home. Chanwoo welcomes Hanbin with a hug after almost 1 month separation. The business trips ending up taking lots of time than expected thus Hanbin has to stay longer in Jakarta. But now since he’s back, Chanwoo has nothing to worry about anymore.

 

He cooks all of Hanbin’s favorite that night. They have a good time talking while having dinner; Hanbin’s trips, Chanwoo’s promotion and others stuff. It feels like heaven again. Then they depart to sleep, lying side by side on the bed as Hanbin has Chanwoo in his arms. The feelings make them content, how much they miss each other over the month.

 

“I miss this.” Chanwoo said as he enjoys the bliss in his husband’s embrace. “It’s so lonely sleeping alone all night.”

 

“Oh dear…..” Hanbin doesn’t even need to break the hug to know Chanwoo is pouting. “Is my baby missing me? This should earn you a kiss.” Hanbin tickles his husband’s side, earning Chanwoo thrashing on the bed trying to make an escape. But it only ends up with Hanbin kissing him affectionately all over his face. Chanwoo laughs as the action tickles him, the sound of his voice warms Hanbin’s heart.

 

But at the same time, it’s burning. For he knows he has sinned against his husband. With Chanwoo finally in his arms now, Hanbin wishes he could just die.

 

 

 

 

Chanwoo is bright again with Hanbin finally returning to the country. He is no longer putting up a smile to everyone in the office, he eats his food properly and sleep properly too. Everything is better as usual.

 

But he knows something is wrong with his husband. Ever since Hanbin returns home, he seems a bit down. Like he’s hiding something from Chanwoo. Of course, he is acting like usual but the spacey act, all silence and dazing around with the occasional heavy sighs, it makes Chanwoo worries. Not to mention the calls in the middle of the night while they are sleeping, or eating or even watching TV together. Chanwoo wonders what kind of work could be so important until his husband is called all over again during the night.

 

But Hanbin rarely takes it, assuring Chanwoo that it’s only some small problem in the documents but the suspicious way his husband acts makes him very worried.

 

But he settles on not to, since Chanwoo respects Hanbin’s privacy. So he opts to wait until Hanbin opens up to him.

 

“Chanwoo-ah.”

 

Yunhyeong’s call gathers him back from his daydream. They are currently having lunch together while waiting for another one to come.

 

“What is it hyung?”

 

He notices the anxious in Yunhyeong’s gestures, so Chanwoo puts his attention away from his food and watches his best friend attentively. Observing is what he’s good at.

 

“I have something very important to talk with you.” As if on que, someone approaches them in the café. Wearing all green suit with orange pants—thank God the one wearing it is swag enough not to look ridiculous, he takes a seat beside Yunhyeong. Someone both Chanwoo and Yunhyeong knows so well.

 

“Sorry I’m late.” Jiwon says as he puts down his jacket at the side. “You know your husband, Chanu. Always cranky whenever something isn’t going his way. Goddamnit, I’m the one receiving his lashing just because the new proposal didn’t work the way he wants.”

 

Chanwoo could only offer him a smile. Working under his husband is surely tough as Hanbin is very perfectionist. He doesn’t justify any mistake, it’s completely baffling but he’s a good man nonetheless.

 

“Okay, now you’re here, can we finally get to it?” Yunhyeong makes all attention divert to him with his sudden outburst. Jiwon’s face changes and Chanwoo is now scared. Both of them are acting weird. It’s much weirder when Yunhyeong starts to whisper.

 

“Chanwoo-ah, I need you to listen to me very carefully and please don’t get angry first.” He says as Jiwon takes out something from a file he has brought along. He wonders what could be so dire until they can’t wait until work is over.

 

 

 

Hanbin and Jinhwan are having their lunch together—as per usual, only both of them and since when that happens is hard to tell. When they are both inside Jinhwan’s car, the latter asks Hanbin, “Will you come again tonight?”

 

Hanbin has to control himself from rolling his eyes. “I’ve told you I can’t. I only came last night because you threatened to tell my husband about us. But I am really sorry Jinan, we can’t keep meeting each other outside work. Others might see us.” Hanbin explains himself to him.

 

“That’s why you should tell your husband already.” He spurts out. “At least we don’t have to pretend anymore.”

 

Hanbin has his eyes open wide and mouth agape like a fish. “Are you insane?! I don’t want to hurt my husband! I won’t do that to Chanwoo!”

 

“But you already have.” The raise of Jinhwan’s eyebrow is totally intimidating and challenging, he;s surely mocking Hanbin. “Should I remind you what we have been up to every night when we were on those stupid business trips?” Jinhwan mocks. “I still remember how much you enjoy them.”

 

Hanbin couldn’t believe this. For himself to be threatened by Jinhwan is making his blood boils. He is about to reach the door handle when a hand takes a grip of his right arm. He looks back to Jinhwan and he almost stops his intention to get out. Jinhwan still holds his mocking y face but his eyes couldn’t lie. He’s about to cry. Hanbin unconsciously removes his hold in the handle.

 

“You love me right?” Jinhwan says. “Then act like one.” And Jinhwan kisses him on his lips. Hanbin finds himself returning it but a part of himself aside from feeling really bubbly over the kiss is guilty. For he knows he has reached a limit where he won’t come out alive if his dirty little secret is exposed.

 

Hanbin prays Chanwoo can forgive him when he knows best the latter won’t.

 

But he also prays for him to love Jinhwan more.

 

 

 

“I’m home.” Hanbin takes off his shoes as he walks inside the house. It’s silence which is a bit rare considering it’s already 10 PM and usually the TV would blare out loudly playing Chanwoo’s favorite night drama. He puts his suitcase on the coffee table before walking upstairs to their bedroom. He sees Chanwoo’s inside, sitting by the bed facing the door. It surprises Hanbin a bit to see him staring at the door when he opens it.

 

“There you are.” He smiles as he enters the bedroom. He’s about to close his distance with his husband, wanting to ask what is he doing here all alone. But with only one step a gap from his husband, Chanwoo stands up abruptly and rushes towards the other side of the room. His action takes Hanbin off guard. His face isn’t smiling like the usual either. It confuses him. “Baby, are you okay? Why are you putting up that face?”

 

But Chanwoo isn’t responding, nor showing any receding on his angry expression. When Hanbin gets closer to him, he rejects him as he pushes him by the chest; really rough. It worries Hanbin so much. By the time he manages to hold his husband down with hands clasping Chanwoo’s shoulders tightly, the younger cried. The tears alarmed Hanbin.

 

“Chanwoo? What’s wrong?! Are you hurt?!” He tries to hug him and Chanwoo let him. Hanbin hushes him down as the sobs intensifies with his husband wetting his shoulder. But Hanbin doesn’t mind. He only wants to know what’s wrong with Chanwoo for him to be so sad like this.

 

“Do you love me, Hanbin hyung?” The question rises as Hanbin let Chanwoo rests his head on his shoulder. His hands not stopping patting him for comfort. He answers without hesitation. “Of course I do. I love you so much, sweetheart.” The moment he said that, the hug is broken as Chanwoo locks his eyes with him. If look could burn a hole onto somebody’s head, Hanbin’s might be done for with a large one over his forehead.

 

It would be a lie if Hanbin say his heart doesn’t skip a beat in horror when Chanwoo’s face contorts with emotion he has never thought he could have shown. “If you do, then why…. Why would you cheat on me?” His voice is alike whispers, dancing slightly amidst warm air in the night. Not enough to awaken the neighbors but powerful enough to shake Hanbin’s ground. Cold sweats run down his face and palms, he can’t move.

 

Not until Chanwoo pushes him away and hits him on his chest without stopping. It hurts Hanbin but not as much as the realization he is feeling now. He is busted, now Chanwoo will leave him.

 

He doesn’t want that…

 

“Honey, please!!” Hanbin tries to restrain Chanwoo’s hands that continuously punching his chest. The younger trashes around by his touch.

 

“NO! Let go of me, you cheater! I HATE YOU!”

 

“Chanu, I can’t explain!” Hanbin feels the back of his eyes sting. He’s sad, he knows where this all will go.

 

“What?! If you’re going to cheat on me, why would you love me in the first place?!” Hanbin can’t stop it any longer. The sting intensifies, Chanwoo’s screams does the same thing and he can’t get the proper explanation because….. there is none. What could justify cheating?

 

So much he wishes this won’t happen. “I do love you ………” But it is happening, and he can’t stop it. “I am.”

 

By then, Chanwoo’s screams recede. He looks up to Hanbin with his red bloodshot eyes and puffy face. How much it breaks Hanbin’s heart to see his beloved husband so wreck, moreover the thoughts that it is him that caused them. The punches stop too, and Chanwoo’s arms are all limp in Hanbin’s holds. He opts to hug his husband but he declines the idea afraid Chanwoo will be angry again.

 

He wishes he will just listen. “I’m a fool. I don’t know why I did that. If I’m falling out of you it’s easier.” Chanwoo has his head up to look at Hanbin. “But I don’t I’m still madly in love with you but I still did it. I—I don’t know why.” Hanbin keeps the tears flowing down, not even knowing when does they did. “I am such an idiot for hurting you, I am so sorry, baby.” Sobs make its way to his throat. “I—I hate to make you cry I am so sorry…” He caresses Chanwoo’s face, making the latter in tears again.

 

“It’s no one’s fault. This is entirely on me. I am sorry, there is no reasons for me to do it in the first place except for I am the biggest idiot who let my lust takes over my mind. I am sorry.” Hanbin cries. “I wish I could stop and I really want to, but…” He stops, afraid if it’s a right choice to continue on. But his husband ain’t a fool. He knows when Hanbin is losing words or just unable to spit out the truth.

 

Apparently, Chanwoo obviously could tell it’s the second one. “You’re in love with him too…..” it comes out like a statement as his voice has no vibration in them like before. Chanwoo is calm unlike seconds ago but not the tears on his cheeks. He tries to break free from Hanbin b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter