#03: Your Happiness is Mine Too

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was down with fever for almost 2 weeks so forgive me for the delay. I'm better now so I'm catching up to finish all the prompts along with updating EYES ^^

Thank you for all the support so far and welcome new subscribers!

Lot's of love to the people upvoting this shop! xD

 

!This chapter is proof-read and contains messy grammar bcoz my fever won't allow my neurons to connect so forgive me!

 

 

It is hard to love When you are falling for one you are not supposed to.   - sellyafida

 

 

“Hyung look!” Chanwoo excitedly shows off his new gift to his older brother. He unwraps everything on the bed, not minding the elder’s room he’s making a mess with. From a branded shirt to a 1000 won watch, Chanwoo is excited.

 

“Yah, don’t you think your boyfriend is spoiling you way too much?” He asks the younger, one hand lifting the limited edition collar-shirt with a ‘New Zealand’ logo imprinted on its left arm. He cringes more when the watch comes into view. “Don’t you think this is quite impossible for a normal college student giving away all these expensive stuff as a mere gift?”

 

An exasperated sigh is heard, Chanwoo is literally eye rolling him. “He saves lots of money during his internship!” He bellows to the older brother.

 

“A mere gift at once? I do not think so.” The brother retorts, making the younger growls impatiently. But that doesn’t stop him from showing off all his presents.

 

“It suits me, right?” He puts up his right wrist with the branded watch snuggled tightly to his skin. Beaming like a high school girl, his eyes sparkle waiting for a compliment.

 

He falls for it of course. “It does look good.” He can’t resist the kid’s charm. “But it would be much good if you kindly take all these stuff and leave my room now. I need to sleep.”

 

Chanwoo pouts; that is his favorite hobby. Pouting whenever he wants to. But no one could blame nor reprimand him for acting like a little kid when he’s 22 years old healthy Korean man. He is just too cute to resist. He eventually gathers all the presents his current and not certain yet for how long boyfriend gives him and walks away to the door. But before he closes it, Chanwoo spins around his feet and beams to his older stepbrother. Grinning like a child he wishes, “Good night Bobby hyung. Thank you I heart you!” And he lefts, right when Chanwoo passes his bedroom’s doorframe which is just opposite of his brother’s room, he hears Bobby laughing out loud. He cheekily smiles and closes the door.

 

Bobby returns the wishes, “Nighty night! I heart you too kid.” He switches off the lamp and goes to sleep. Smiling as Bobby knows Chanwoo gets to hear that.

 

 

Yet frowning at the remembrance of his beloved little stepbrother’s boyfriend.

 

 

 

 

Long story short; Chanwoo is unlucky when it comes to relationship. Not that he can’t handle one or what. But it’s more like he has no luck for it. The cupid doesn’t bless him enough to get hooked up with anyone for more than 5 months. It would result in he asking for break up or him being dumped; either way around it isn’t actually pleasant.

 

Chanwoo is a very sensitive boy. He tends to be quiet than talking out loud, though it’s not on the level of being a wallflower. He’s pretty good at making new friends but it requires time to get him open up with somebody. He likes game, spends too much time practicing baseball with his campus’s club and enjoys eating. Well, in a nutshell, he’s an introvert.

 

And Bobby is well aware of those traits on his younger brother because they have been living together since little. Bobby in his picture throughout his life only have him and his mother in the frame; his father passed away in a car accident 3 days after he is born into this world. His father left him and his mother in the world without him. Then when he’s 7 years old, his mother fell in love with her colleagues. His name is Jung Wan, a man with 2 blessed sons named Jung Yunhyeong and Jung Chanwoo. His wife and him divorced and she then walked out of their life entirely.

 

The eldest Yunhyeong is 1 year old and Chanwoo is only 9 months old when his mother left them. Ever since then, their father is the one raising them all alone. When Bobby’s mother and Chanwoo’s father got married, Bobby and Yunhyeong are both 7 and Chanwoo is 4. Bobby doesn’t object when his mother re-married because he knows his new stepfather can make his mother happy. He has always been helping his mother ever since his father passed away. Plus, he gets an additional siblings too.

 

So Bobby has 2 instant brothers; with Yunhyeong being the eldest in the family because he is born in February and Bobby in December. Chanwoo is the maknae obviously. They got along well surprisingly, Yunhyeong never has any issues with new mother because he never knows one and Chanwoo is just too young. And being same age brothers isn’t so bad for Bobby and him, they are much closer.

 

 

Anyway…. Ahem.

 

Bobby is free spirited person, Yunhyeong is too confidence for his own good but Chanwoo inherits none of his brothers’ traits. That causes him failure in relationship.

 

His first relationship is his middle-school classmate. Her name is Eunjin. Chanwoo confesses to her and she accepts him. They go around as a couple for 3 months. But then it turns out she’s two-timing him, her boyfriend of 6 months from another middle school tells on her to Chanwoo. So they broke up. Eunjin is Chanwoo’s first heartbreak and boy he never cries like that in his entire life.

 

His second is in high school, he’s the school’s football best player and a senior along with Bobby. Chanwoo is in Grade 9 at the time and going to the same school with your very overprotective second brother is hard. Luckily Yunhyeong is in another high school. He is Bobby’s classmate, the name is Yoo Jung. He is the one asking Chanwoo to go out with him first, and because he is so charming and very much polite/attractive, Chanwoo has a massive crush on him. So he said yes, despite Bobby not 100% agreeing to it although he opts to say nothing. So he has to endure 4 months watching his maknae and friend being lovey dovey till’ it makes Bobby nauseous.

 

Yet Bobby said it’s alright. As long as Chanwoo is happy, then Bobby doesn’t mind losing the maknae’s attention.

 

But it doesn’t last long, their relationship starts to crumble down when it turns out Yoo Jung is dating Chanwoo because of a bet he has made with his friends; Yunhyeong is the one breaking the news to Bobby all thanks to a classmate of Yunhyeong going to the same cram school with Yoo Jung telling him about it. Yunhyeong is pissed when he learns of it, but Bobby is in rage.

 

So he beats up Yoo Jung half dead the next day right in front of the whole school. It resulted with Bobby being suspended for 1 month and Yoo Jung’s admitted in the hospital. His injuries made him unqualified for the next big game. Bobby’s parents are the one taking full responsible for his treatment.

 

Bobby remembers how badly his mother beats him up with a stick because of the incident. But Bobby doesn’t mind, not even care if he is dropped out from the school. The only thing that he cares about is how devastated Chanwoo is when he knows the truth about Yoo Jung. The younger cries every night, eating and sleeping less. He becomes sick often and it worries their parents greatly. He is even sent to the hospital for severe dehydration. On that, Bobby couldn’t take it. He hates Yoo Jung so much until this day, he regrets not beating the man up until he’s dead rather than walking out of the hospital for torn ligaments and broken limbs.

 

It is the most painful and hardest breakup Chanwoo has ever experienced. None of his family wants to see the youngest breaking to that point ever. Bobby remembers how Chanwoo keeps crying in his sleep with Bobby accompanying him to sleep every night. Yunhyeong willingly skips schools sometimes to make sure his little brother won’t be alone in the day. The maknae is barely functioning in that moment.

 

It all starts to swerve in wrong lane ever since then. Chanwoo is like not knowing how to start a relationship. He’s doubtful, scared, keep having trust issues and insecure. It is all the reasons why he never succeeds in any relationship after the second one. None of his girlfriend or boyfriend last longer than 5 months. Chanwoo once whines about it to his brothers but both Yunhyeong and Bobby only settles with, “You haven’t found the right one just yet.” Of course it doesn’t ease the younger’s heart.

 

After his unsuccessful 6th relationships, Chanwoo gives up on love.

 

Until, he met Koo Junhwe.

 

 

 

“Can someone open the door please?! Someone is outside!” Bobby truthfully thoughts her mother could enter an opera with that loud deafening scream. He smiles when he remembers how he would get a smack on his back whenever his mother hears of it. He snickers secretly while hands busy arranging the plates and tissues on the table. It’s Chanwoo opening the door for their mother.

 

Bobby hears the maknae’s loud squeals outside until the kitchen. “Oh my goodness, June!” The mention of the name gets Bobby’s heartbeat stops then a chill running down his spine. He closes his eyes and holds in a heavy sigh with profanity words out of his mouth. He stands straighter, eyes glance towards Yunhyeong before the stove. He frowns hard, “He invites that dip?”

 

It doesn’t take long for Bobby’s mother to slam an empty tray on his head. “He is close with Chanwoo. Besides, June is a good guy.” Yunhyeong said as his hand busies chopping on the board. Bobby clicks his tongue in annoyance before walking out to the living room with his mother. He watches as June; Chanwoo’s boyfriend greeting their father. The man is as tall as he always is, wearing a long brown trench coat before he takes it off and Chanwoo grabs it. But of course, June insists he will put it up on the coat rack by himself. But it’s not about the coat Bobby’s interested in.

 

It’s the part where their hands touching each other while having a small argument about who will put the coat. Bobby’s heart stings a bit, but a soft pat by Yunhyeong urges him to smile.

 

“Play nice.” He hears Yunhyeong whispers in his ear before the man himself takes June in his arms. Bobby sighs inwardly. It’s going to be a long night.

 

 

 

 

June celebrates thanksgiving with Chanwoo’s family as he’s sitting beside the maknae during dinner. The mount of foods on the dining table should make any mouths water but not Bobby. His appetite lessens when the two lovebirds are sitting opposite of him, with June looking so shy and Chanwoo too happy for his own good.

 

Bobby snickers mentally, for a man who had so many heartbreaks, as if finding the right one at last Chanwoo smiles like his cheeks could get torn. But well, Bobby can’t argue if the maknae thoughts this relationship of him might work out this time. He’s been with June for 8 months and so far there is no big arguments coming nor any sign of cheating or betting. It is a good sign.

 

But Bobby doesn’t want Chanwoo to be too hopeful. It’s not like he doesn’t approve the two’s relationship nor he hates June. But Bobby just hates to see his beloved maknae crushed again in pile of hopeless love and despair. Yet of course the thought is only his to share.

 

“So June, how’s your first thanksgiving alone in Korea?” It’s Bobby’s mother asking the tall young man.

 

“It’s a bit tough but I’m doing well so far. Guess few months here already makes me warming up to Seoul.” He answers with a smile. It’s not a secret that the boy one year older than Chanwoo is dazzling handsome, with his big gummy smile showing his pearly white teeth, sharp jawline and perfect sculpted face; no wonder Chanwoo is head over heels for the New Zealand’s boy. He moved to Korea at the first term of the year, enrolling in the same university as Chanwoo. That is how they met.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter