#3.2: Blinded

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If there is one word anyone could describe about Jung Chanwoo, it would be carefree.

 

The boy has no regrets. He lives his life with ‘YOLO’ as his motto. So innocent, rowdy yet newfangled, like any adolescents’ life written in blank promising pages. That’s how Chanwoo’s life sorted out.

 

So for him to have worries filling those empty pages is somewhat new, but it’s even more foreign to know what’s the subject of it.

 

Chanwoo isn’t worried about his grades or such; hell, he’s a smart student. Grabbing the dean list is like a snap of Thanos’s finger and he’ll get it. Apparently it comes in a form of a person.

 

Yunhyeong hasn’t been calling him since like …….. 1 week? 2? Chanwoo loses count but that’s not important. Since they are kids, Yunhyeong has always been pestering about Chanwoo’s life—not in a bad way, it turns like a habit for him to have his best friend so close to him knowing all the things that’s happening in his life. It happens vice versa too, there’s absolutely nothing about Song Yunhyeong that Jung Chanwoo doesn’t know.

 

He even knows the fact that Yunhyeong is getting so close with the man Bobby whom he has set him up for a blind date around a month ago. But to know that the new-bound friendship he sets for his own best friend with a complete stranger can erase his role in Yunhyeong’s life; at least, that’s what Chanwoo feels.

 

Like this one time when they are supposed to go and watch a baseball match with Donghyuk and June but Yunhyeong politely declines the plan saying that he needs to help ‘Bobby’ with his research or something. It totally surprises the three of them because Yunhyeong has never ever rejected any of their plans especially whenever Chanwoo is involved. Or the last 3 days when Yunhyeong doesn’t show up to Chanwoo’s class dinner like how he always promised to come celebrating together with Chanwoo finishing his one hell of a semester.

 

Or the movie night at June’s room as they all decided not to go back home and spend their times together at the dorm, except for Yunhyeong who said he has promised Bobby to have dinner together. Everyone picks up on him saying that Yunhyeong is forgetting his friends because of his ‘boyfriend’ in which the boy only laughs instead of fighting back. Somehow, that gives Chanwoo ill feelings.

 

Feelings that maybe Yunhyeong is falling in love with Bobby.

 

He should be happy—really, Chanwoo admits that he should. After all, it is all his plan right? That’s what he wants! For Yunhyeong to find a partner so that he won’t budge on Chanwoo with his nonsensical demands such as amusement park, zoo tour, stupid cooking competition and other weird stuff he likes to kill time with.

 

But now, Chanwoo wishes he could do all those stupid stuff; with Yunhyeong. The fact that maybe his best friend already found someone that won’t ridicule and nag at him about all those stuff as he tags along well with Yunhyeong and his wishes truly kill Chanwoo on the inside.

 

 

 

He wonders why he feels so bitter, as it feels so different to be a bitterness of losing just a best friend….

 

 

 

“Yunhyeong isn’t here?” It’s June asking as he takes his seat before Chanwoo. Donghyuk is nowhere to be found, probably still looking for some reference books. Today is the start of a new semester and sadly they already have 3 assignments in hands. Thus library sounds like a good idea to spend their amazing evening finishing on some assignments.

 

June opens the book he has found but his eyes isn’t focusing on the sheet. His orbs stare at his best friend Jung Chanwoo who is currently having his head on the table lifelessly, eyes staring at his laptop’s screen though June swears the page is still blank. He monitors his friend for a minute, still not moving even his fingers on the keypad and June lost it. He sighs loudly, audible enough to catch the librarian’s attention and Chanwoo has his head lifted up to check on his troubled friend.

 

He’s about to ask’ what’s wrong’ to June before his friend cut him off, “Seriously, what the damn hell is wrong with you Chanwoo?!” June isn’t yelling at least not yet in Chanwoo’s dictionary but it’s quite obvious how pissed off he is at him right now. “You’re acting like a school girl having her crush rejecting her in front of the whole school. Knock it off! You’re irritating me.” By then, Chanwoo pulls himself to sit straight. His face flashes anger to the sudden outburst of June.

 

“What do you know about it, June? Just keep your mouth shut.” Bite back Chanwoo as he’s about to close his laptop and leave. But June’s next words halt him up.

 

“If you miss Yunhyeong, why didn’t you just tell him?”

 

Chanwoo’s hands stop midair as he’s holding the laptop and its case. Face void any expression but his eyes swim with mixed feelings. Donghyuk makes his entrance by then and judging by June’s scary face and Chanwoo’s silent, he put down all the books he has in hands and stands still by the table, watching how the things in front of him unfold.

 

Heart stirring with different emotions, he has to stop his hands from shaking. “I don’t understand what you’re talking about.” Chanwoo utters as the laptop is safely kept inside its bag. June can only snort hearing his response, his eyes scream dangerously as he stare sharply at Chanwoo.

 

“You really think I’m an idiot? It won’t even take a genius to know what the hell is wrong with you.” Chanwoo really wishes June could shut up, but of course his friend won’t. “But I guess this suits you. It’s all your plan to get rid of Yunhyeong.” That, Chanwoo explodes.

 

“I did not do such a thing!” If it isn’t because of Donghyuk’s hand holding his right shoulder, Chanwoo would have charged himself at June. They are even lucky to have the sit far away from the librarian’s room. Chanwoo’s scream however grabs some attention around them. “I didn’t push Yunhyeong away.”

 

“Then why would you set him up on that stupid blind date? Why would you be so upset when he’s not hanging around you anymore?” June spits more oil to the fire, knowing each words burn inside his friend’s head but he doesn’t care anymore. He neglects Donghyuk’s stare begging him to stop. But June won’t. He’s reaching his limit. He needs to make Chanwoo see it.

 

“I—I’m not upset.” He said but the grip on his shoulder tightens. He tilts his head to meet Donghyuk with a rather disagreeable expression.

 

“Then why are acting like this, Chanwoo-ah?” The question Donghyuk gives him remains unanswered as Chanwoo takes his laptop along with him and stands up. He walks out of the library towards the dormitory. The moment he steps inside the elevator, he cries.

 

He wonders why he’s acting like this. What is the suffocating feelings he has right now? It’s killing him.

 

 

~~

 

Yunhyeong is surprised to say the least at how charming Bobby can be. It’s been 2 months now since he met him and Yunhyeong can’t say he’s not glad for the opportunity. Bobby is such a great guy, not to mention how gentleman he is despite his clumsiness and ridiculous attitude. But that’s the charm of his that somehow attracts Yunhyeong the most. The humbleness he has able to strike through Yunhyeong’s beating heart.

 

The first week they know each other, it’s a bit of awkward. Probably due to their for Yunhyeong has never have any friends older than him, moreover 3 years older. Bobby is currently in his final year before starting the internship if he passes the final exam and the lecturers approve of his research paper. He’s studying psychology; something Yunhyeong would never expect for Bobby to major in. But the older said it’s his parents’ choice. His ambition has always been to become a singer. Yunhyeong can see why his parents are so worried about it.

 

Their relationship quickly escalates from awkward to friends on the second week, all thanks to Yunhyeong’s idea of inviting Bobby to his weekly cooking class. Surprisingly for Yunhyeong—he has the endless surprises when it comes to Bobby, his hyung doesn’t say no to his invitation unlike Chanwoo who always spews on excuses whenever Yunhyeong asks him for a company. Bobby does come and he even cooks together with him. That is when Yunhyeong learns that Bobby is such a terrible cook. He even almost set the whole class on fire—literally­, thought his good looks swoon the ladies including the instructor. One of the reasons why they escape besides Yunhyeong exceptional kimchi jiggae.

 

Yunhyeong learns that Bobby has a great voice. They hit it up once on a karaoke and to say he’s not astonished with Bobby’s voice would be a bright lie. The man can sing, even better than June in the bathroom version. He’s totally shocked and for the entire night, Yunhyeong dares to say he has become his fan overnight. Bobby has never been thrilled to hear that. It’s the very first step to their relationship as that very same night, they exchange hug before departing to each home.

 

Yunhyeong has his heart skipping few beats. That one he could never lie. Ever.

 

Since then, skinship is normal to them. Touching hands while eating or the subtle touch when they are studying together at Bobby’s place is becoming a habit. Yunhyeong is happy, he has never felt this kind of happiness. This kind of appreciation, he is very happy.

 

He wishes he can tell everything to his best friend, Chanwoo. He really wants to but due to their different classes, timetables and all, plus Bobby too, they barely meet each other for the past 2 months. The only close thing they can get is through calls but whenever Yunhyeong talks about Bobby with Chanwoo, the latter would make all his excuses about how tired he is. Yunhyeong could say nothing, so he turns the call off.

 

He is aware of the reason why Chanwoo sets him up for this blind date. He knows Chanwoo is sick of his clinginess. Even Yunhyeong is very conscious of how dependent he is on Chanwoo. Though he did it only because he cares about his best friend. He has seen Chanwoo on his ups and downs, when his father passed away, when he’s so broken and depressed. Yunhyeong knows better than anyone. He refuses to let Chanwoo feels alone again.

 

But if space is what Chanwoo wants from him, then he will make some space. That’s the only reason he accepts the blind date. Although he could never say it’s a mistake, despite the pain he feels due to the gap existing between he and his friend.

 

He wishes Chanwoo can forgive him for his selfishness. He hopes Chanwoo knows that Yunhyeong only wants the best for his best friend.

 

 

 

 

“Where are we going?” Yunhyeong asks the moment he gets into Bobby’s car. The trip to nowhere he knows because Bobby wants to make it ‘a secret’ apparently. Yunhyeong rolls his eyes hearing that. What a romanticist he is, he thought. So here he is, having his eyes blindfolded and waiting for the car to stop.

 

“You know this is basically a kidnapping, right?” He jokes around, the butterflies in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter