#9.2: In All That Matters, I Would Still Love You

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SORRY FOR BEING LATE!! (AGAIN) BE SURE TO READ THE A/N AT THE END :)

Bobby is nervous like hell. He’s currently sitting by himself with a table surrounded by thousands of flowers, scented candles and a musician band playing violin – though they haven’t started yet. The main spotlight isn’t laid out just yet and they are waiting.

 

This is the day. Bobby will finally propose to Donghyuk and they will get married as soon as possible. He can’t wait anymore, he wants to have the man legally to himself. Having a life with Donghyuk is what he has always wanted, and he is certain the latter wishes for the same. They have been together for so long not to know each other.

 

Bobby loves Donghyuk so much. Too much. He has spent the entire of his youth life with him, the person who understands him as perfectly as his own parents, the one that never judge him but always support Boby no matter what is his decision. He won’t go far without Donghyuk. He treasures him so much. He is his soulmate. His future.

 

Bobby prays his mind will only have Donghyuk. He wishes everything will be well.

 

 

 

 

“Why am I so deadly nervous?” Donghyuk has to ask while putting on the pomade over his hair, combing it to the back with style. Chanwoo is sitting by his bed watching him while suppressing his laughter. His eyes fixated only to one thing on Donghyuk.

 

“Behold the thinking pouch.”

 

“Ah you damn!”

 

Chanwoo cackles in loud laughter with a hand holding his stomach. He doesn’t even notice the flying comb to his face. He couldn’t dodge it, though he still won’t cease the laughter after the hit. Donghyuk is red in rage.

 

“Don’t you dare insult me! So what’s the damn problem with my big forehead?!”

 

“Everything is a problem with your big forehead, hyung.”

 

Donghyuk rolls his eyes, not having enough adrenaline to pick a fight with the younger. He takes one last glance over the mirror before grooming his outfit. He’s wearing a simple white t-shirt with black checkered jacket over it. His dark blue pants is Chanwoo’s present to him on his last birthday. The white timberjack shows compliment his looks.

 

“You know, I can dress you better than this.” The younger spats eyeing his cousin’s outfit of the day with a disgust look. But Donghyuk could only laugh him off. Chanwoo is cute.

 

“If I let you makeover me, I’ll be a Ken doll for sure. You’re impossible.”

 

“Ugh, just admit my fashion sense is better than you.” Chanwoo rolls his eyes up this time earning a laugh out of Donghyuk. He takes his personal belongings before heading to the door with the younger tailing behind.

 

“We won’t be long. Just call us if anything happen okay?”

 

“Hyung, I’m not a kid. I can take care of your house.” Chanwoo spats.

 

“It’s not my house I’m worrying about. It’s you.”

 

“Just leave! Bobby hyung is waiting for you.” Chanwoo ushers Donghyuk to go and the latter eventually leave the house with Bobby’s driver picking him up. Right after he left, Chanwoo closes the front door. He sighs loudly, allowing his back over the wooden door before sliding down to the floor. He hides his head between his knees and continuous on shuddering.

 

Man, he really hates whatever he’s feeling now.

 

 

 

 

They had their delightful candlelight dinner and Donghyuk couldn’t express how grateful he is for all the effort Bobby shows. Everything is perfect; from the flowers along the tables to the melancholy calming music, the dishes of all his favorite. Seriously, he would say Bobby is truly romantic.

 

But when it gets down to his boyfriend literally getting down on his one knee during their slow dance, that’s when Donghyuk breaks down. He couldn’t stop the tears, not even when he said yes to Bobby’s proposal. He did promise the former they would get married but never in his wildest dream to be proposed this way on their anniversary nonetheless.

 

Donghyuk loves Bobby, so much that he could die for him.

 

 

 

Bobby loves Donghyuk too. He never stutters despite the butterflies killing him all the way from his stomach to his throat. He is happy when Donghyuk said yes.

 

But he can’t stop feeling guilty, because in his mind, he’s thinking of Chanwoo too.

 

 

 

 

He scrolls through the webpage. It seems like his application to Korea National University of Arts is accepted. He couldn’t believe it, the result seems like a dream come true. He has always wanted to enroll in one of the famous university in the nation. Although the main reason is because the program is excellent. He could realize his dream there.

 

Chanwoo smiles widely, he wants to call his parents and tell them everything about it. Yet before he could reach his phone, his smile turns down. A though runs inside his head.

 

If he’s accepted, does that mean he will stay longer in Korea? Well he doesn’t mind it but the past few days – in the midst of his busy schedule joining the interviews and bit of events he can’t help thinking that he should go. Returning to London to forget everything about Busan.

 

He loves staying here, but the newfound emotions he have come cleared with are the reason why he should leave.

 

He’s too wrapped up in his mind until a loud clang of something catches him back from reverie. He turns his gaze to the door, the sound coming from outside. Fear creeping in, he is pretty sure he has locked all the doors and windows. Getting down from the bed, he slowly moves towards the door. Opening them and creep through the hallway. As he stops at the stairs, he looks down to the main door. He sighs in relief heavily; it’s only Donghyuk and Bobby.

 

Chanwoo is very grateful it isn’t a robber or something so he opts to return to his room but the movement from the two catch his attention. They are in the living room and he watches Donghyuk wrapping his hands around Bobby’s neck, somehow he can’t turn his eyes away when he knows better he shouldn’t see. But he still looking, not even breaking his gaze when the two started kissing passionately with Bobby’s hands roaming Donghyuk’s body all over the places. Chanwoo starts heaving.

 

He can’t look away, nor even help his heart from making something it shouldn’t. When the two started taking their clothes off on the couch, he gathers all the strength he has in his body and leave. He makes sure he doesn’t slam the door although even the sound of his footsteps loud enough. But maybe they can’t hear him.

 

Chanwoo cries as he let his body limps down to the floor. He feels his chest tightening, eyes burning and throat hurting from keeping his sobs from coming out. He knows what’s happening; his heart is breaking, that’s what it’s doing after it foolishly falling in love for Donghyuk’s fiancé.

 

 

 

“Why are your eyes look puffy?” Bobby heard Donghyuk inquiring too loud to his cousin in the kitchen. He’s sitting by the dining table reading newspaper when he hears it. He puts the paper down and sneaks silently into the kitchen, hiding behind the doorframe. He could see Chanwoo’s back on him and Donghyuk with a very worried face. He has both his hands on Chanwoo’s cheeks. “Are you crying?”

 

The thought of him crying gets Bobby on edge. He shouldn’t but he can’t help it. So he tries to stay as quiet as possible to hear them out. But an awkward giggle left Chanwoo, “It’s nothing big, Donghyukkie.” One could say Bobby is over-reacting but he can feel the lack of humor and sarcasm in the younger voice.

 

“You can always tell me. Come on, what’s happening?” Donghyuk coaxes him until Chanwoo speaks up.

 

“My application to KNUA…” He pauses. “Is rejected.”

 

Bobby is genuinely surprised. So does Donghyuk.

 

“But why?! I mean, you’re very talented. You’ve aced every subjects back in London. Your works are marvelous, Chanwoo-ah. That doesn’t make any sense. If not, why would they call for you here?”

 

Chanwoo is in silence, he keeps his head down not looking at his cousin. Donghyuk already wraps his arms around the younger in a tight hug. “I’m so sorry for that, Chanu. Maybe we should send a letter or something? There must be a mistake.”

 

“No, hyung. It’s fine.” Donghyuk drops down his ideas. He knows there’s no pursuing Chanwoo when he starts calling Donghyuk ‘hyung’. “It’s alright. Maybe my luck isn’t in Korea.” He said before breaking the hug. Chanwoo has a look of determination. “I want to go back to London.”

 

Now Bobby is relatively having a heart attack.

 

 

 

Donghyuk get him to stay, but for a very reason Chanwoo wants to leave badl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter