#3.1: Blinded

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanwoo hates the thought of people taking Yunhyeong and him as "a thing". So he sets up a blind date for Yunhyeong, a proof that they aren't "anything".

 

-iamsooyeon-

 

 

The 4th classes of the day ended and thankfully Chanwoo has no classes next. He walks out from the lecture hall with ease knowing he will be free for the next whole week. Great! The few weeks back have been nothing but hell to everyone. They have 4 mocking tests, 3 papers to sit and 5 assignments with deadline coming in only 1 month. Chanwoo wonders why he would take this stupid Biotech and Nuclear course.

 

“It’s freedom!” An arm draped around his shoulder with its voice booming in happiness. Chanwoo could only draw smile on his face watching his best friend Donghyuk smiling like a mad man at the remembrance of holiday. June walks beside him with both hands in his pockets. He doesn’t do anything but Chanwoo realizes there’s other female students constantly glancing their way with sheepish smile. He snorts inwardly, it’s no joke how many people have a crush on June; he’s one of the most popular and handsome student on campus.

 

“Where are you planning to go, Chanu? We got 7 days to enjoy our freedom. Ah, I can’t wait to—“

 

“Sleep.” Chanwoo cut Donghyuk off instantly. “I need sleep. Gosh, I feel like a walking zombie for the last 3 weeks. I can’t get a break from it!” He says mentioning their heavy schedules with classes and all.

 

“I agree. Sleep is the best way to spend the coming week. I miss my bed.” June butts in with a dreamy face. The girls might think his pushback hair is hot but to both Chanwoo and Donghyuk he’s just plain ridiculous Gu Junhoe.

 

Donghyuk is in silent before he starts again. They are getting closer to the cafeteria. “How about Yunhyeong, Chanwoo? Aren’t you two spending time together? I’ve heard his papers have finished 3 days ago.” At the mention of Chanwoo’s best and childhood friend, he becomes quiet. Their steps to the café is getting lesser. Out of sudden, he feels like not wanting to talk. June and Donghyuk could see it clearly on his face.

 

“What’s wrong?” June is the one inquiring as they finally arrived. Luckily the café is empty or else they would have to wait another hour to get food.

 

“Well, the thing is…”

 

Chanwoo doesn’t know where to start.

 

 

 

That Night

 

His phone blares out in silence. Groaning in annoyance he slips his hand out from the blanket, picking his phone from the nightstand. The caller ID shows ‘Yun’ and his eyes glance to the top right icon of his screen.

 

11:01 PM

 

Chanwoo swears if it’s after midnight he would curse at Yunhyeong.

 

“Hello?” His voice is thick with sleep. Contrary to the other’s on the other line.

 

“Omo, did I awake you?”

 

“Yeah. But it’s okay.” Chanwoo wakes up to sit by his bed. Trying to get the sleep out of his system for a while. He hears Yunhyeong’s apologetic sigh over the line. He is guilty. “Really, Yun. Don’t feel bad about it.” He assures his friend.

 

“Alright~ Well, I’m sorry though. Just wondering what are you up to.”

 

“Well for a record, I am sleeping.” Chanwoo’s voice filled with humor, he hears another chuckles from Yunhyeong before the other speaks again,

 

“You got nothing to do tomorrow, right? Let’s go to the amusement park! I’ve been wanting to go since forever!”

 

Chanwoo’s smile is wiped out in an instance. He rolls his eyes instinctively. “Yunhyeong-ah, you’ve been saying that since 3 months ago. I’m amazed how you can still remember it.” He said. “I thought you’v gone there already with someone else.”

 

He hears Yunhyeong sighs, not one that is heavy but sometimes, Chanwoo wonders what that sigh meant. Because Yunhyeong only sighs like that when he’s around. As if indicating something.

 

“I want to go with YOU. No one else. Come on! It’ll be fun.” And there goes his childishness again Chanwoo thought. Now he’s getting annoyed.

 

“You can just go with someone else if you so want it to you know. Don’t wait for me.”

 

“But I want to go with you.”

 

Chanwoo rolls his eyes up again. He hates it when Yunhyeong acts this clingy. Sure, he is clingy by nature since they are kids but ever since college started a year ago, Yunhyeong is acting really strange. Not that he ever complains, Chanwoo knows how his best-childhood friend has always been the ‘ahjussi’ type which he takes it as adorable.

 

But this level of clingy, Chanwoo is getting irk by it.

 

“I’ll think about it.” But he has no heart to say no. Yunhyeong is his best friend. Chanwoo hates to disappoint him. “But you know I can’t promise you anything. I got my part-time piling up so don’t get too hopeful.”

 

“Yayy!! Channie is the best! I love you~~” Now that brings a smile to his face. He loves Yunhyeong too but of course he won’t say that to him. Yunhyeong is like his brother. Chanwoo surely appreciates him wholeheartedly as a family.

 

Family. That’s the highest level of affection he has for his best friend Song Yunhyeong.

 

 

 

Chanwoo has been friend with Yunhyeong since they are 6. The perks of having their mothers as best friend, ending up with them being one too. Chanwoo could never forget how his childhood is spent mostly with Yunhyeong in the picture. They do basically everything together. They have slumber party each Wednesday’s night at Chanwoo’s house, Yunhyeong’s mom will treat them with sweets and let them play every evening after school without fail, and how Yunhyeong’s family has always been there even when Chanwoo’s father passed away.

 

Chanwoo remembers how a wreck he has been since day one he wakes up without his father and Yunhyeong has always been there to bring him to his feet. He will never forget Yunhyeong’s overflowing kindness to him.

 

They stay together from elementary school to high scho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter