#6.3: Love Theory

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

At the exact age of 22, Jinhwan thoughts his life is at the peak. Everything is perfect.

 

He gets to be an intern learning the ways of his father’s hotel business; an everlasting and strong empire in the hands of their family for 4 generations. He will inherit it soon, just like how his father inherits it from his grandfather. He has a fiancé, whom he has been developing crazy crush ever since he’s a child. His best friend, his childhood friend; Goo Junhwe.

 

June; the nickname that only family could call him with, the name forever engraved in Jinhwan’s mind. He remembers how his heart is literally bursting through his rib cage the moment June said he can call him by the nickname; that one day, Jinhwan will be his family too. It feels like heaven, Jinhwan couldn’t count how many times his life feels like floating in cloud nine with June around. It’s the perfect love he believes.

 

But everything falls apart when he walks into June’s room one day, with the younger basically pounding another girl on his bed. It hurts the most for Jinhwan to know that girl. She’s June’s cousin; daughter of his aunty from his mother’s side. He remembers himself standing stone by the doorframe, with June and Hyein trying so hard to cover their bodies from his sight, only to fall futile. Jinhwan sees everything already. He remembers too how fast he turns away to the door, walks down the stairs unheeding to June’s call and the apologetic looks of the maids in the mansion.

 

So they knew, is what playing in his mind. They knew they are in the room together. That’s why they don’t want to let me in. Jinhwan feels sick at the thought that others know he is being played but not himself. He let himself wailing out ugly in the car, his driver is flustered but couldn’t dare to ask anything because he just can’t stop.

 

Eventually he calls off the engagement, with June admitting the truth to their parents; which Jinhwan doesn’t care but still grateful for his honesty. An honesty that breaks his heart as June explains to their parents; “I don’t think it will work out between us. Jinhwan can’t work it out with me.”

 

So Jinhwan decides he hates feelings, he hates sympathy, he hates love.

 

He’s not a flirt by nature. He develops the skill whilst working; something he has learned that his charm could get people to bow down to him, follow everything he said. It’s easier to get on top with people worshipping you in this business career. So it’s not his fault for flirting around; regardless of anyone or any genders, as long as he’s always on top. Rumors of him being a cold sassy but charming man gets around in wild spree, not that he reject it.

 

Love is useless, only a temporary infatuation that has no happy ending in stored. He has no high expectations nor hope.

 

Thus, Kim Hanbin is just another nuisance unworthy people he gets to meet in this business career. Just a nobody with benefits to him. That’s what he thoughts, until he’s wrong.

 

It’s supposed to be a game, since he’s so bored with his parent’s constant blabbering of his old age and how he should quickly settle down. Plus, Hanbin is undeniably good looking and mild cold-hearted like him—although the man has more integrity than him. So Jinhwan plays along, pulling the man into his lair, placing some baits here and there although knowing the fact he’s a married man. It has never crosses his mind it would work, that he has Hanbin all wrapped up in his palms, all falling into him.

 

However, when it’s supposed to be only Hanbin falling, Jinhwan falls too. Way harder than he could ever expect.

 

So when Hanbin is standing right before him, with those suit wrapping his skin that Jinhwan has always adored when the nights they spent together come, where his fingers would crawl all over those tan skin, and the eyes that used to watch him with love instead of hatred he’s showing now, Jinhwan wonder how much further he could fall.

 

He's falling down all over again; like with June, and he’s the one in pain.

 

“The meeting has ended 2 hours ago so there’s no reason for you to be here.” He said with voice so cold, but Jinhwan knows Hanbin could tell the slight sad tone in his voice. Jinhwan wishes he could just cry, but he never cries again; not after the day he and June ended years ago.

 

But Hanbin does cry, whilst the glint of hatred is still there in his orbs. “C—Chanwoo left me.” A sob comes out as he stands there all stone yet limp. “He left me.”

 

Jinhwan wants to hug him badly. But he knows where the conversation is going. From the previous phone call he has with Hanbin hours ago, where for the first time ever they are on bad terms with the latter cursing at him, he knows what is in store for them in the future. Cold sweats building in his palms. More reasons why he can’t move and enclosed the younger with his arms.

 

So he just opts to sit still on his desk, the spot he never left since Hanbin comes in. “And so what? He left you. He doesn’t love you anymore.” He’s going to get scolded for that. He knows.

 

And he does, as Hanbin’s face turns angry at him. Both fists clenched. “He doesn’t love me because of you! It’s all your fault!”

 

“My fault?” Jinhwan chuckles. “You are the one cheating on your husband. It’s not my fault.” He said smugly, despite his heart beating nervously for the outcome.

 

“I won’t betray him if you didn’t flirt on me, you ! Why would you do that?! Why would you ruin my marriage?!” Hanbin is standing before the table, leaving his spot in the center of Jinhwan’s room. His face screams rage, the veins popping from the side of his temples. He’s ready to kill someone if he could.

 

“In case that you have forgotten, you could have stopped me. But you didn’t. Instead, you kissed me back when we were in the car, remember?” He pours more oil to the fire. “You’re the cheater, and you expect a happy ending with your stupid husband? Forget it, you’re the one destroying your marriage.”

 

Jinhwan stops, you’ll hurt him more. But of course, he neglects his inner thoughts.

 

A hard slam to the table shakes him in surprised but he stays cool. Not wanting to show his weakness to the rage Hanbin. “Don’t you dare call my husband an idiot, you !”

 

Jinhwan takes a stand, facing Hanbin. “In case you have forgotten that too, this standing before you is the you have with.” He hopes Hanbin won’t make those sad face, but it’s too late. He has said it. “Have you forgotten who’s the one sneaking to my hotel’s room with some needs and harden crotch?” A smirk on his face only makes Hanbin’s anger boiling.

 

“You’re the one calling for me to come!”

 

“And you just have to come, right? What are you? A fool to listen to whatever people said? No wonder he left you. You are an idiot.” Just when he finishes, a hand grabs his collar hard, Hanbin’s red face is an inch away from him, the way he clenches his teeth is enough prove that Jinhwan won’t come out of this without bruises.

 

But that’s not the thing conquering his mind. The only things he has wanted to say is sorry to Hanbin, that he wants the latter to stay with him, to forget about his husband and comes to him. But of course, Jinhwan is too stupid to listen to his heart.

 

When he thoughts Hanbin would punch him, the grip on his collar loosens. Hanbin backs away and he stumbles down to the floor. The tears flowing down his face, he sobs and wails like a child. Jinhwan is grateful that he has asked his secretary to close the door earlier.

 

Hanbin shamefully cries, “You’re right. This is all my fault. I shouldn’t have cheated on him. I love him.” The last word stings Jinhwan’s heart as he walks to Hanbin. He crouches before him, watching the man having his head hang down low.

 

He has hope. “Don’t you love me too?” He says softly, in contrary to how he sounds like before. A voice as soft as silk, exuding charms that he knows Hanbin falls in the first place.

 

When Hanbin brings his head up to meet Jinhwan, the look he gives is one of confusion. “That’s what puzzling me. Do I even love you?” Jinhwan swears he hears the sound of his heart cracking at that. “Chanwoo told me that we can’t love two people at the same time. So I wonder….” He stares deeply into Jinhwan’s eyes, like his gaze could pierce through his soul. Jinhwan thoughts he did.

 

“Do I even love you, Kim Jinhwan?”

 

Jinhwan is afraid for he has no answer. So he quickly grabs Hanbin’s neck and pulls him in for a kiss. But the latter is fast, he pushes him and stands up; taking Jinhwan completely off guard.

 

Hanbin snickers, “So that’s how you play this game, huh? You trick people to love you with all those sweet talks and charms you give, you play with them as if they’re your toys to get what you want. But you know what? I’m done with this.” Hanbin backs away even further. “I don’t love you, Jinan. It’s all a lie. I made a mistake, I got trapped in your game. It’s my fault.”

 

“So what, huh? Now you’re going to leave me?!” He let the lid opens, Jinhwan can’t control his emotions anymore. “I’m the only one who cares about you now. Your husband is gone. Your friends are ditching you. I am the only one you have.” He smirks. “What are you going to do?”

 

He thoughts he would get a punch, but a hug is totally out of his imagination. Hanbin holds him, not tight but enough for Jinhwan to feel the other’s heartbeat. He’s stunned, he doesn’t know what’s happenin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter