#4.1: MY Important People

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoying life thus all the silence~~

 

 

Hanbin is in a gang and as a person with a perfect physical condition that everyone envies, he does everything he can to survive along his little sister Hanbyul. Which is why when he's offered to be a bodyguard for a rich politician’s son, Jung Chanwoo, he doesn't decline.   - Miyuyojin -

 

 

The door opens up letting the chill wind outside entering the dark apartment. Walking through the shabby room he knocks on the door. Opening up after hearing no response. It’s dark till he can’t make out anything except for a little bump beneath the blanket on the bed. Taking his seat until the bed creaks a little over his weight, he monitors the figure soundly sleeping. He left after a good 5 minutes but before he could stand up, a voice stops him,

 

“Oppa?”

 

Hanbin tilts his head to meet his sister in the eyes. Hanbyul is awake though her orbs scream sleep. Feeling sorry for waking her up, he pats on her head and lands a kiss onto her forehead.

 

“Sorry I wake you up.” He said with a loving look over his beloved younger sister; his one and only family.

 

“It’s okay. Since when you got home?” She asks innocently, letting her brother tucks in her with the rather thin blanket. The more Hanbin shifts, the more creak sound could be heard.

 

“I’ve just got here. Hey, why don’t you go back to sleep? You got school tomorrow.” And Hanbyul is prompted back to her sleep with her brother looking after her until she wouldn’t be awaken by a single step he makes out of the room. He closes the door and walks towards his bedroom, not even bothering to turn the knob because the door doesn’t have one.

 

He throws his backpack over the bed. Taking the towel hanging by the chair he flicks on the light and enters the bathroom. The mirror reflects his own face, but it’s not his handsome face that caught his attention.

 

The small blotches of red iron blood smeared over his left cheek far at the corner of his ear does. He takes in also the large spill of red over the front of his shirt and the fact that he smells exactly like the body he throws over the river just an hour ago.

 

He lifts his hands up and removes the clothes, throwing it into the basket by the sink. He would have to wash it early in the morning before his sister wakes up. She can’t know about the blood.

 

She can’t know about her brother working as a gangster.

 

 

 

 

Hanbin and his younger sister were ditched onto the road all by themselves 5 years ago. Hanbin was barely 14, Hanbyul was only 6. Reasons why their parents was such a douchebag, he got no idea either. Although, it wasn’t a secret that his father used to gamble all day and night long whilst their mother was a drug addict.

 

He could still remember how ugly it was to live by themselves; surviving the streets over food and shelter. In the first few weeks, they managed to live for Hanbin had a few money he had saved from all the part-time job he did after school. But then, life turned hard when the money was all spent over, school became a memory and both of them can only hope to live the next sunrise.

 

They quitted school and Hanbin worked his to earn money for him and his sister. Yet when he was kept getting punched from all the scums in the streets went after money from a 15 years old young boy, he thought he couldn’t live like this anymore. They got away by luck once when Hanbyul was almost kidnapped to be traded for money in the ion house.

 

So Hanbin decided to live a dirty life; stole bread from a bakery, some fruits from a local store, fight back the rats for his money and within 3 months, he was in a gang. Though of course, the last part was unnoticed by his little sister. Hanbin was strong, he built up his muscles, worked on his strength and mind until he earned respects from the gang leader. Then things turned up good for the siblings.

 

But of course, Hanbyul didn’t know about it and he wanted to keep it that way. Only by then they could live happily without starving himself.

 

 

 

 

It’s like the other day, another simple life he goes through without much hassle—in his point, despite the bruises and cuts all over his body. His right hand grips tightly the collar of somebody, dragging him to the ground before letting the collar go too soon and the body smashes down right on the floor. A big bulky man, despite the obvious wrinkles on his face looks over that person with an expressionless face.

 

“Song hoon-ah, long time no see. You look good.” The said name squirms on the ground, trying to escape the mafia boss but Hanbin is quick to hold him down. His strong grip makes the man kneeling, face meeting his boss with two other much bulkier men standing beside him.

 

“You got quite a nerve to run away…” the boss said as anger flashed through his eyes, “after stealing my money.”

 

Song hoon; a healthy 56 years old man is already on the verge of tears as his face scrunches up in despair and fear. But he’s too weak compared to Hanbin. “P—Please, I—I will pay you back! Please let me go!”

 

“Oh I will.” The boss said. “After you pay my money of course.”

 

But of course Song hoon can’t, because he’s broke. Hanbin knows it too well because he got the man living in a ty dirty little apartment when he’s about to drag him here. However, he knows his boss is aware of that too.

 

“I—‘ll pay you. Of course. Just give me another few months then I—“ Before he could finish, his boss gives Hanbin the eye and he catches it well. He pushes the man landing face flat to the ground then kicks him hard on his back. Song Hoon screams in pain but Hanbin doesn’t stop. He kicks him, throws punches and fists until Song Hoon’s screams couldn’t even be heard again. The boss left the warehouse as he is met with another man standing at the door, 4 men are closely around him in circle.

 

“Seems like you’re busy, Sang Min.” The stranger addresses Hanbin’s boss, his facial is much younger and kinder.

 

“Well, just taking care of a stray rat.” Sang Min utters before ushering his best friend to his car for a private talk. Their men standing outside, on alert of the surroundings. “What are you doing here? It’s not a good image of the most influenced and rich politician like you hanging around this area.”

 

A half smile comes out from the man’s face, a side showing anxious. Something Sang Min has never seen. “I need your help.” He said. “My son is in danger.”

 

“Since when he’s not?” Playful snorts of Sang Min as he listens to his friend’s request. “I barely could remember when the last time he won’t either be kidnapped or bruised from a failed accident heist. Seriously, your son is very careless.”

 

“Well, I have to agree. I thought sending him to Canada for few years will get all those punks to stop. Sadly, they will never stop.” The man sends his gaze to the outside, over the warehouse where he meets Sang Min just now.

 

“So, how can I help you?”

 

He faces Sang Min back. “Give me your best man. The best of the best.”

 

Sang Min laughs out loud, unable to hide the amusement in his friend’s request. “Well, you do know that all my men are the best.” Brag him. “But sure, anything for a friend. I will give the resume to you by tomorrow morning. I’ll send my email to your secretary.”

 

“Thank you Sang Min.” Smiles him as he comes out from the car, followed by the gang leader. They walk heading to the main gate, passing by the warehouse again only to hear the loud screams and sobs. The two grown up men take a look inside through the broken window to see Sang Min’s man hitting Song Hoon without mercy. The man is spilling blood all over the floor, he coughs up only red as it stains his body. But the one hitting him doesn’t show any signs to stop.

 

He catches the politician’s attention, seeing how strong the man is, he’s surprised. “Sang Min, is he one of your men?”

 

Sang Min has his eyes followed the figure his friend mentions. A proud smile on his lips, “Ah that. He’s very good you know. Very strong despite his young age. You’ll never guess how old he is.”

 

“How old is he?” His friend asks out of curiosity.

 

“19. He joins us 3 years ago. The kid has never been a disappointment.” Sang Min said.

 

“Oh? He’s 2 years older than my son.” Amusement laced in his words as he eyed the object of his interest. “What is his name?”

 

“Kim Hanbin.” Sang Min answers. “And I guess you won’t need those resumes, am I right?” He watches his friend smiling as an approval before he walks out towards his car. Sang Min ushers one man of his to call Hanbin and wait for him in his office. He accompanies his friend back to his car outside.

 

“I can guarantee you have made a good decision, Jung-shii.”

 

 

 

 

The next day, Hanbin finds himself standing outside a large gate to an enormous house. He has been assigned to be a bodyguard to a famous and rich politician’s son, whom he has never met nor have any knowledge of existence until yesterday. He re-checks the address in his phone sent by his colleagues. It seems like he’s in the right place.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter