#7.1: I DO Love You

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Excuse me for the late update. I was preparing for my English test last Thursday and having delt with few issues hahahaha. Still struggling at the moment now but i guess by time i will pick up the pieces again.

Anyway, the new update is here~ Do leave your thoughts after reading this ^^

 

 

June is supposed to marry Chanwoo at 23, but he freaks out in the last minute and ran away.    After 4 years separation, June met Chanwoo again. Although he comes upon an unexpected result.   - Bevzbevz08 -

 

 

 

It’s suffocating. Moreover, in this suit. The expensive suit which his mother went all of her troubles to get for his big day. She said it looks nice on him so much, makes him look much handsome and confident.

 

If only his mom knows that it only brings more of his anxiety to rise above the roof, oh how tempting it is for June to tell her that.

 

But it’s too late, because in a mere seconds, he will be a married man and like what his parents said, no turning back on this one since they have arranged it grandly; not that June objects it, the groom is his own choice.

 

Yet to be this nervous, he never thought he would get an anxiety attack in the middle of his wedding.

 

“What’s wrong?” He hears his best man whispering to him. With the amount of people waiting patiently by the chairs, he can only gulp anxiously behind the altar.

 

“I’m….” He loses words to say. But the hand still comes to pat him on his back.

 

“Don’t worry. It’s normal to be dead nervous on your wedding day. Didn’t I tell you how nervous I was when I married that time?” His brother-in-law Bobby encourages him but June just can’t seem to be calm. He clenches his fists and unclenched again repetitively, trying to get the cold sweats dissipate.

 

“Yeah, it is normal.” He says, as the sign is given for him to get on the altar. “But it is not normal to die by agitation, right?”

 

“What are you talking about?! Nonsense!” Bobby mutters in playful manners. “You’re going to be fine. Just don’t forget your vows.” And the door is opened and everyone is standing.

 

The flower girls enter first. They are all very pretty; 3 girls of his nieces, his sister Jisoo and Bobby’s daughters. Then at the back enters June’s awaiting groom all in white suit.

 

It’s his boyfriend of 5 years; Jung Chanwoo, looking all handsome and beautiful at the same time walking down the aisle to him. June takes it back, usually whenever the groom sees the bride wearing the wedding dress while on the way to the altar, all the butterflies will go away. Only the feeling of blessing and happiness flooding in to their hearts.

 

But June is a special case. If there’s anything he feels by watching Chanwoo walking to him is extreme anxiety, dizziness and possible episode of vomiting which might happen if he doesn’t clench his fists tighter.

 

It only becomes worse when Chanwoo is already standing beside him, and they’re ready to commit the vow before the priest.

 

June swears he’s going to die. The amount of nauseas he’s having is tremendously crazy. Suddenly, the flashback of his single and free spilling from his memory box. He remembers how happy he is that time; no restraint, no pressure, no responsibilities other than to his parents and his work. But if he gets married, none of those he could experience. No more late night sleep or hanging around the town with friends, no more parties, no more freedom.

 

He feels his digits running cold. When he’s facing Chanwoo, oh it is the end of him he thoughts. The latter is smiling dazzlingly to him but now of all the time, June finds it much nerve-wrecking. He can feel his legs running jelly and the clouds is above his head. He will faint soon if he doesn’t do something.

 

“Will you Koo Junhoe accept Jung Chanwoo as your husband?’

 

His head is spinning, and the crowds are waiting. But he can’t help it anymore.

 

“I—“ June’s hands on Chanwoo is cold like ice, the latter seems to notice this since minute ago when they have started holding hands.

 

“June?” Chanwoo’s voice calls for him. The soothing voice has always manage to take him back to earth, always giving him direction. But now, June is lost than ever.

 

So he breaks the hold, as his eyes almost closing but June fights for his consciousness despite he knows whatever he’s doing is absolutely stupid. He whispers “I’m sorry” to Chanwoo before walking fast down the altar. He pays no heed to the crowd loud gasps and his father’s voice calling for him. He runs after passing through the door towards the dressing room. As he enters, he takes a very deep breath, finding the air still suffocating him.

 

He makes a mistake, he’s too young to get married. He needs time.

 

 

 

 

 

And that’s exactly 4 years ago, the time of the most embarrassing moments of his life and his family’s history. June still could remember how loud his father yelling at him saying that nobody in the family since the born of his great ancestors—though June doubts his father even knows them all to speak of them, they might never exist since it’s a goddamn long time ago, has ever run away from the altar on the wedding day. Until today, he can still hear his father cursing him.

 

June doesn’t blame anyone but himself though. His action is totally humiliating and cowardice. Moreover, he hurts the person he loves the most. Jung Chanwoo.

 

June wonders where he is right now. After what happened 4 years ago, their families are at each other necks until both decided to end things peacefully by ceasing their relationship; June doesn’t agree with this but his mother said if he doesn’t want to become reasons for two families breaking apart, he should proceed with the wedding. June wants to do so, but he is too afraid and coward thus he stands up for nothing when Chanwoo’s family bid them well off forever.

 

Since then, June doesn’t hear anything from Chanwoo again.

 

He doesn’t text him, despite his older sister Jisoo keeps telling him that he should explain his situation to Chanwoo. But June is just afraid. What if Chanwoo demands them to get married at instant? What if Chanwoo is angry of him decision of breaking the engagement? What if Chanwoo hates him?

 

So June never calls nor text, and it stays like that for 4 years. For a record, in time he does feel regret for leaving the altar that day.

 

 

If it isn’t because of his mother nagging into his ears about integrity, social needs and such, June might be spending his time at home listening to old 90s’ Ballad song rather than attending a stupid party. Apparently, it is a dinner to support a charity event in their town so being the only son of a respectful doctor in city—which is his mother, June has to come.

 

He walks behind his sister as his father and mother in the front greeting the house owner. June have to admit it is a big house and such a grand party but he is still not interested. He just knows why his mother is so persistent of taking him along.

 

“Look at that, June-ah.” His mother points out somewhere to their left as all of them are sitting enjoying the banquet. “That’s the daughter of Wellis Company, Song Raon. Don’t you think she’s so beautiful?” June fights not to roll his eyes to his mother but it’s completely annoying in his opinion. He looks over to wherever she is pointing. It is a family of a parent and 3 children. Only 1 flower amongst them. June recognizes the CEO as he always stumbled upon him when June tags along to his father’s meeting.

 

And he is absolutely not interested with the man’s daughter. “Nah, looks ordinary to me.” He continues eating not paying attention to the look his mother is giving.

 

“Why? She is pretty. I’ve been hearing that many people are asking her hand in marriage. If you’re late, you won’t get to—“ Before his mother could finish, his father clears his throat loudly for only them to hear. It shuts his mother up completely and June with Jisoo cautiously looking at their father.

 

“Honey, please stop. I believe June is still traumatized over what happens last time.” Oh, great. Just a moment ago he thoughts his dad would salvage him from his mother. But instead, all he got is another round of sarcastic remarks.

 

“Very funny, dad. Thank you very much.” He puts the spoon and fork down. “And thank you too for your consideration, mom. But unfortunately, I am not up for a marriage yet.”

 

“But why?! You should quickly get married. You’re already 27, time won’t wait for you sweetheart.” His mother claims.

 

“And what is so bad about marrying late? Noona married when she was 26.” He sees by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter