#8.1: What Have Been Hidden In The Dark

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for all the kind comments before. I love you guys. :)

And excuse the cuss words in this prompt ^^

 

The 7 brothers; except the youngest, live on a rather kept-hidden secret which not the youngest could know about.   But secrets don't last forever.   - I don't know who's the sender so if you could tell me who you are behind this intriguing prompt I'll be glad ;) -

 

 

Working as an insurance appraiser is hard. Not the job itself, but the fact that it is so boring and basically you can’t get anyway with it in a flash is . At least, that is what Chanwoo thoughts. Not to mention the amount of people he has to face coming along showing thousands of personalities he can’t comprehend.

 

But he could always get away with it. The job he picks up around Gangnam starts at 8 AM and ends until 6 PM. When he gets back home, he could always find himself surrounded by his family; the people who understands him better than anyone else. He could taste Yunhyeong’s tasty food until he can get into a food coma, Donghyuk and Jiwon’s crazy acts making anyone rolling on the floor laughing, Jinhwan who is always all ear for him, June his best friend and Hanbin the one who would always get Chanwoo up on his feet whenever life is always so hard on him.

 

He could remember when they were a child; orphan to be exact with, they are raised in an orphanage. Chanwoo almost ran up from home when he had a fight with June about something stupid. If it wasn’t because of Hanbin, he would be nowhere now. “People will always hurt you. So find someone you think worth suffering for.” The next thing that happened, Chanwoo apologized to June and both of them ended up crying while saying sorry to each other. Well, at least that was the last time Chanwoo got to see a very affectionate June. Now he was just an .

 

Like now, when Chanwoo comes back home to him sitting on the couch with a very pissed off Donghyuk cursing at him from a far.

 

“You such a , June. Just wait until I get your ing head!”

 

“Do I look like I ing care, douchebag?” There is June, adding much oil to fire. Donghyuk would be a losing hyena if it isn’t because of Yunhyeong holding him down.

 

“Alright, stop cursing now boys before Jinhwan hyung came and headlock both of you.” Yunhyeong said and just when he releases Donghyuk, he finally sees Chanwoo by the doorway. His face lightens up, “Ah, maknae is back!” All heads turn to the door to see Chanwoo waving to them.

 

“Tough day?” He addresses both June and Donghyuk by the couch, watching the news or something. Donghyuk is still angry. “Ask this stupid June, he messed up with me today.” Donghyuk said while pointing at June who clearly doesn’t mind him at all.

 

“Both of you are always fighting it’s ridiculous!” Chanwoo gapes as he takes his place in the kitchen helping Yunhyeong out for dinner.

 

“June is ridiculous! Not me!”

 

“Sure, blame the minority.”

 

“Shut up!”

 

“I’m patiently waiting for a day where both of them would just turn into stone and be quiet.” Chanwoo laughs hearing the words out from Yunhyeong. Luckily the two don’t hear him.

 

“Where is the rest?” Chanwoo asks looking around the apartment.

 

“Jinhwan hyung and Jiwon aren’t back yet from work. Hanbin is out doing some errands.” Simply answered Yunhyeong whilst putting the carrots into the boiling broth.

 

“All of them are working very hard.” Chanwoo utters.

 

“Say the person who’s working the same hard as them.” Yunhyeong said gaining chuckles from the maknae. They work on the dinner for everyone while the other two still bickering. Chanwoo can’t help smiling along to this scene. It’s such a happy life.

 

 

 

 

By 7:30 PM, everyone is at home, sitting by the dining table for dinner. All 7 of them are gathered like always, chattering happily and joking around.

 

“I guess Jinhwan hyung won’t get the promotion he wanted so bad.” Chanwoo starts it out after a much pointless argument between Donghyuk and June they have to listen for the day. Everyone thanks the maknae for putting up another topic.

 

“Jinhwan hyung doesn’t need it. He can live by his own without promotion.” Spats Hanbin while sipping the broth. They are having kimchi jiggae, fried rice and soup today; they love it. Yunhyeong is such a great cook.

 

“Must be good having amazing skills.” Chanwoo pipes in.

 

“It’s just a surveillance manager, Chanu. It’s not a big job nor anything.” Jinhwan replies looking at the maknae.

 

“Well, at least you can get a promotion. I don’t know what’s my fate working in the insurance. It’s ridiculous.”

 

“Thought you’re the one wanting it, aren’t you maknae?” It’s Donghyuk saying with an exasperated look over the youngest. Chanwoo nods his head, waiting for his food to be chewed.

 

“Well, not for a long term. It won’t get me anywhere.”

 

“Then maybe you can finally accept my boss’s offer working at café? Seriously, he likes you. He still thinks the latte you made last time is worthwhile.” Yunhyeong butts in, he watches Chanwoo raising both hands up in the air.

 

“Seriously, I’m just messing up that day. Really don’t know how it works.” His words get everyone laughing, even Chanwoo himself. “Well but it’s cool. Working in an insurance isn’t bad. At least it’s a decent job. I get to help people.” He has no idea how the rest of his brothers have a momentary silence before they all laughing awkwardly to what he said. They continue to eat while talking about other things. But throughout the night, Chanwoo doesn’t even realize the solemn looks in their eyes.

 

If only they could tell him; but they can’t.

 

 

 

 

The screams get louder and louder with each hit on the body. Stumbling on the floor is a man wearing somewhat a torn up corporate clothes, his face is all bruised and blistered, arms and legs bleeding profusely from a broken shards of glasses over the ground. But despite his injuries, the hit doesn’t come to a stop. He is beaten again, and again and again without mercy by a tall muscular man holding him by the collar. There are other two people holding the man by his sides.

 

The punch doesn’t stop, not even when the other small man enters the scene in the back alley. He speaks to the other one watching silently the show. “The scouts came back an hour ago. They said they found something by the shore.”

 

The small man utters to the guy wearing all black from top to bottom. Although the rest wears the same as him, he is the only one having the red cross marks over the left chest. It’s a symbol of their group; the ever so proud Red Sling. He is the leader, tilting his head to meet the small but intimidating man by his side, whispering, “Get the men ready. We will move now.”

 

“What about that?” The leader sees the man pointing to his front. He follows the gaze, “Ah.” Remembering the job by hand. “Thanks, hyung. I almost forgot.” The small one smiles subtly before stepping forward with the leader.

 

By the time he is standing right before the beaten up man, the other two guys holding him kick him over his back knee, making the poor guy kneeling on the dirty ground. The leader bends his body a bit, face grumpy and scary. “Next time if you try something sneaky behind our back again, remember; you won’t ever see the next daylight again. Understood?” That’s all it takes for the man to cry again, wailing for mercy. The leader feels irk, he slaps him across the face. Taking his chin in his hand and kicks him on the stomach. The man stumbles backward.

 

“I take it back.” He reaches over the muscular man’s shirt, taking the gun by the holster. The rest stand away, watching the leader takes thing by his own. He the gun, pulling the lock pin before aiming to the man. “You’ll never see the next daylight again I guess.” He doesn’t even twitch when the man begs shamelessly for his life. He pulls the trigger, and the screams stop. The night is silence again. He gives the gun back to the muscular man, eyes still on the blood spilling all over the ground.

 

“Guess we have to bury him too.” The muscular one said putting his gun into the holster. “Seriously man, you are giving us so many works for the day. I can’t rest.”

 

“You’ll get your rest after we have done, Bobby.” The leader says. “Let’s go, we have another pest to get rid of.”

 

“Another killing spree? Finally!” The blonde screams in exhilaration. Not pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter