#7.2: I DO Love You

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“He forgot about you?”

 

The question is thrown from a much bewildered Bobby to June. It is the night on the day June has met Yunhyeong at his family’s penthouse; Yunhyeong is the one telling him that the brothers won’t stay long in Seoul.

 

“We’ve been in Japan after the wedding got cancelled. Chanwoo got caught in an accident a year later, a car crash. He forgets a lot of things, including you.”

 

June reminisces on Yunhyeong’s words, the truth bomb thrown right on his face. It would only make sense why Chanwoo acted that way on the dinner night. He doesn’t remember June! If only June knows about it, he could possibly jog some memories into the other to make him remember him back.

 

“This is all my fault.” June whispers underneath his breath but Bobby can still hear him from the chair he’s sitting on, few grasp away from the bed June’s on. “If I didn’t screw up at the wedding that day, he won’t have to move to Japan. He won’t have to be in that ty accident.”

 

“He would still remember me.” June sounds so defeated, much despair than Bobby could ever heard him. He feels sorry for his brother.

 

“June ah.” Bobby moves the chair closer to the bed, one hand over June’s thigh. “It is not your fault. Things happen for reasons. Even if he stayed in Seoul, maybe the accident still could happen here. It’s not in your control.”

 

“But I could control my stupid anxiety on that wedding day. Only that I didn’t!” June half-scream and half-crying. “I messed it up, and now Chanwoo forgets about me.”

 

“Then maybe you should help him to remember you again.” Said Bobby giving his two cent. “If you want him to remember you again, then make him.” June looks over to Bobby, the older’s eyes squint with hope and positivity. Although his eyes have always been small.

 

“What happens if he can’t remember me again, hyung?” There it is, the reason why he is so beaten up. His fear of Chanwoo unable to remember him forever; his stupid fiancé that ran away from the altar. God, how June wishes he can just strangle himself to death remembering that day.

 

“Then make a new one.” Simply Bobby utters with an encouraging smile. “It doesn’t matter if he remembers you or not at this moment, June. What really matters is, are you going to run away from his life like how you did once or coming back to fix everything?”

 

That gets June thinking hard, and he makes his decision right on that moment.

 

He wants to stay with Chanwoo forever, and gets him to remember him again.

 

 

 

 

Chanwoo works as an insurance appraiser in a nearby insurance company near Gangwon. Not exactly the job he’s looking for but he wants to kill some time before his application to Seoul University is approved. He wants to further his study here. Working isn’t hard, but catching up to the new lifestyle has never been easy. Things used to be different back then when he’s staying in Japan, yet now he has entered the working life.

 

“I’m home.” Yunhyeong looks over the door from the couch he’s sitting in. Running Man is on the show right on the time when his younger brother returns.

 

“Welcome back, Chanu.”

 

“Hyung, you’re still not in bed?” Chanwoo asks. “It’s getting late.”

 

Yunhyeong looks at him incredulously. “What are you talking about? It’s barely 10. Why would I sleep that early?”

 

“Well what I meant is it’s getting late for you. Old man should sleep early.” That’s all it takes for Yunhyeong to smack Chanwoo with the pillow hard. The maknae laughs, feeling satisfied picking on his brother.

 

“Chanwoo.” Yunhyeong calls for the younger when Chanwoo is on his way upstairs. He stops midway on the stairs to look at his brother. Yunhyeong hesitates, wonder if he should crack the news yet or not.

 

“What is it hyung?” Chanwoo requires at his brother. The music from Running Man is long forgotten though it is so loud.

 

“June came here today. He’s looking for you.”

 

Chanwoo raises his eyebrows over the name, as he steps one stair down. “June?”

 

Yunhyeong nods his head as he turns the volume down, casting his look on the younger. The hesitation growing bigger. “If you want, I can call him again. Tell him that you’re back home.” He watches Chanwoo in silence, the younger has his mouth in thin line. His face stoic and grim. Then Chanwoo turns his heel back on the steps. “You don’t have to call him.”

 

Before he disappears at the end of the hall, Yunhyeong couldn’t keep what he has been thinking. “Should you really do this? He might be genuinely worried about you. Why don’t talk things out with him than doing this plan of yours?” Chanwoo abruptly stops hearing his brother. Not even glancing back, with cold voice he returns the answer.

 

“I have nothing to say to the person who ruins my life, hyung.” He resumes his step, leaving Yunhyeong downstairs alone with his gaze hovering his younger brother’s back. He doesn’t hear Chanwoo’s whispers after that saying, “I’ll destroy his life like how he did mine.”

 

 

 

 

“We are cancelling the wedding!” Chanwoo heard his mother screamed to basically everybody inside the house. He could only sit by the couch with his aunt beside him, holding his hand tightly for support while Chanwoo’s parents were arguing about it.

 

“We have to think first! June might just freak out. Let’s wait for the Koo to say something.” Was what his father said, trying to act rational in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter