#1: Our 27 Days - Part 1

The Bona Fide Tales of Choco-Ball~ [OT7 + Chanwoo] (COMPLETED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There's some vulgar words so I apologize beforehand to the underage ^^

 

 

Hanbin feels his throat burning but he won’t be stopping any soon. The alcohol drowning into his system feels so right and nice. His whole body in fire as he s his hips in all direction for a dance, taking all the ladies’ attention to his hot vibe. He’s about to have some very hot steamy dance with one brunette girl when he feels his hand is pulled away strongly by someone. Groaning in annoyance he has no choice but to follow as his body won’t listen to his brain any longer.

 

“Dude, calm down!” Hanbin hears a deep baritone yet high-pitched voice calling for him in the midst of loud music. He tries to open his unfocused eyes to meet his best friend’s face. Who else would it be if it’s not Song Mino?

 

Hanbin pushes him slightly but then he is powerless against a hyper Mino when the man pushes him to sit down on the couch. They are in the VIP seat with the other 3 of their friends; Bobby, June and Jinwoo. The booming music is getting him deaf but it only hypes him more, taking another huge gulp of a bottle given by Bobby, Hanbin starts to feel the soberness halfway leaving him. “This is life, bro.”

 

Mino’s laughter greets his eardrums despite the loud music. “Yes it is.” He utters with a glass of vodka in his tattooed arm. A dark blank ink one proudly shown along his knuckles written his initial name. Typical Song Mino, his self-love is inspiring but cheesy for Hanbin to understand “Hey, how about a bet?” Mino voices out again, his unfocused eyes show just how drunk he is. Well damn it all, they are drunk altogether. “Who’s ever not going to be late for class tomorrow win.” He says with a stupid smile plastered on his face. But he manages to get everybody’s attention to him.

 

“Wait, wse got class t—ommorroooo~~?” June asks, sluggish words out from his mouth. He is completely drunk.

 

“Yes drunkards we have! Hahaha! Which is why I’m making this bet.” Again Mino.

 

“What’s the prize?” Calmly Jinwoo asks, still a bit sober but they take it back after seeing his ugly hiccups.

 

“Quite tempting….” Mino plays around as he fakes a thinking gesture with one hand on his temple. “500 000 won~~~?”

 

“Call.” Bobby says before taking another huge gulp of vodka. They all cheer up, taking Mino’s challenge. It has always been a habit of theirs; betting. Of course, considering all of them came from a very rich family, spending money like water fountain isn’t that weird. Hanbin’s family runs up hotel management business, Mino’s parents are fashionistas, both Bobby and June’s are medical directors while Jinwoo’s—well, let’s just say he lives a life akin to a prince. In other words, none of them have any issues with money.

 

Spending time together since middle school, all 5 of them have always been best friends. No one could enter their little circle of friends and they are not interested to meddle with others. Highly social able yet a bit arrogant, that’s how to describe them. But none of them care.

 

As long as they have everything they want, it’s all fine.

 

 

 

 

The next day that comes each one of them regrets the party they have last night, for all of them woke up late to class and none getting the said prize. The hangover is worst and the classes they have to attend for the day isn’t doing much help. Hanbin could barely make it out alive of the ever strict Mr. Han’s lecture. He feels like sticking a damn rotten stick down the old man’s for even dare humiliating him in front of the whole class just because he accidentally snores in his class. Ugh, Hanbin hopes the amount of embarrassment he has gotten for the day could be gone in an instant.

 

All of them are sitting in the cafeteria for lunch, all completely exhausted and tired. Hanbin heard Bobby curses Mino for even suggesting a party last night which the latter defends himself saying, ‘you’re the one who wants to come’ and they start to bicker like the usual. It’s driving him crazy.

 

“Hey, look.” Comes Jinwoo’s voice calling others to look at the direction he points to. “Nerd-y making their entrance.” At that, all of them start to smirk. Bobby let out a high-pitched laughter when 4 pairs of students wearing glasses with thick books in each of their holds walking into the cafeteria. Hanbin’s eyes stare at them, feeling humor increasing in his mind. “Gosh, can they even look around with that thick glasses?!” He says it out loud until half the students in the cafeteria could hear him. All his friends sitting the same table as his burst out laughing like hyenas.

 

“Oh God…” June’s words make all of them stare at him. “My brilliant brain has just thought about a wonderful idea!” He shrieks like the crazy guy he is. They all swear that June and his sudden outburst of Bruce Lee’s imitations or his out of nowhere singing resemble a very crazy and disorientated spirit animal.  His stupid smile showing his thick dimples, eyes almost gone due to his infamous eye smile that kills every girls out there—literally. Well, June destroys a lot, just how many chicks he slept with and dumped right away is no joke. But of course, he’s no match to Jinwoo. The guy is a living legend of cold-blooded human beings.

 

“You have a brain?!” That earns Bobby a hard slap on his arm by June himself, their antics get everyone laughing. “I have, you idiot. And I got the appropriate prize for that.” Another cheeky grin of June and the boys are getting excited. Huddling up to each other, they discuss it to avoid anyone from eavesdropping. Although nobody even cares about them.

 

“Do you guys see the one wearing a plain grey over-sized sweatshirt?” June points his finger towards the small group of nerds they call off just now. “He’s a new guy actually. Been hearing he transfers here from Switzerland.” That gains some impression from them. “Quite cool huh?”

 

“Yeah, I bet he lives in a dungeon fills with old books and decaying spiders making webs.” Hanbin casually jokes around. Mino is losing his breath from constant laughing. “So what’s with the newcomer?”

 

“I bet anyone here to date him.” Hearing that everyone laughs and snorts out loud. Bobby almost falls off his chair if it isn’t Mino holding him by the shoulders. “Come on, guys, it will be fun!” June remarks with the stupid smile on his face.

 

“That nerd?” Bobby’s words make it sounds like the boy has sinned heavily to live in this life. “You’ve got to be kidding me.” Crossing his legs he said.

 

“Well, I got a very tempting prize for the winner.”

 

“Name it, douchebag.” Hanbin asks coolly, feeling excited about it. June couldn’t get more excited now.

 

“Know Eun Dahae from the social studies?” The boys nod, an image of a tall, y and slim figure lady comes into their minds. Yeah, the girl June mentions is real pretty. “Well, it’s simple. Anyone dating that nerd in 27 days, that chick is all yours.”

 

“Deal.” Coolly Hanbin accepts it, everyone got their eyes on him. Shrieking loudly in an awe at his manliness.

 

“You sure about this? That girl is head over heels for you, June ah.” Bobby asks. “I’m not sure she would want any of us other than you.”

 

“Nah, that would take anyone do her good.” Evil smirks play on June’s mouth and so does the others.

 

“Okay then, Hanbin will do it.” The said man casts a confused look to Mino, then to all his friends. “Wait, no one going to do it other than me?” He watches as others shake their heads

 

“As much as a craze as I am, I have to pass on this. That boy is too nerd for me.” Mino utters with his face contorts in a disgust one. Bobby nods along to him.

 

“I have no interest with boys.” Jinwoo said, hand on his head with his elbow supporting it by the table. “Besides, I’m excited to see how you’re going to break the nerd’s walls.”

 

Hanbin snorts hearing all his friends’ nonsense. Rolling his eyes up, he takes a gulp of his soda drink before muttering loudly, “You guys are ing annoying.” Putting the can down, he faces a smiling June. “Prepare my prize, 27 days it is.” And June’s smile won’t be getting any sicker than that.

 

“27 days it is, bro.”

 

 

 

 

Hanbin wastes no time to make a move on the nerd boy right on the evening. It’s not that hard to look for a nerd, there is only one place where you can find them lurking around and that is a library. Entering the door, Hanbin scrunches his nose in dismay. The place is too quiet, he hates silence. Which is why his hobby is partying in the club. The loud blaring music soothes his mind. He looks around for his subject, then noticing him sitting by one of the table alone while reading a book. Another stack of around 5 books before him on the same table. Hanbin rolls his eyes up, the boy is a complete nerdy. Taking his steps to the boy, he passes the bookshelf and snatches a random book he can find. Sitting on the chair before the boy he greets him.

 

“Hello.” He greets the boy softly, faking a sweet voice and an endearing smile; courtesy to his playboy’s nature. The one with the book lifts his head up to meet Hanbin in the eye. At that moment, the end of Hanbin’s lips instinctively drop. , he has thought, for the boy looks quite handsome and cute at close range. But knocking the nonsense out of his head, he continuous with his mission, “I believe you drop this earlier when you’re picking the book from the shelfs.” He shows the book and puts it on the table, in that instance his eyes set on the thick cover book, and a snap is heard from inside his head.

 

Study of ual education and its priority in young adults.

 

Hanbin curses out loud in his mind, the smile drops entirely and his blood runs cold all over his body. Taking a glance to the boy before him, he sees a very confused look on his face. “Umm, I’m sorry but, I believe I never read this book before.” The boy utters politely, his voice is soft. But Hanbin can sense the amusement laces in his words. Gosh, how Hanbin feels like killing himself at that moment.

 

“Ah, really?” Sliding the book back to his, he hides it on his lap. Gaze awkward as he touches the nape of his neck. Feeling embarrassment building up in his. The boy is still looking at him, the playful grin finally showing on his thin lips.

 

“Do you come by here often?” The nerd boy asks him, taking Hanbin a bit off guard.

 

“Um, yeah! I came by here a lot!” He lies, trying to not act so awkward. “This library is almost like my second home.” Laughing awkwardly again to hide his lies away but he doubts it will work. Yet the boy says nothing but instead looking at his pile of books.

 

“The place is quite big and there’s too many books around.” He starts off the conversation. “I almost got lost coming here because there’s so many shelf.” A cheery laughter comes out from his mouth, somehow Hanbin is in awe. “But it’s nice, I like it a lot. There’s lots of books I can read and I am happy for that.”

 

“Wow, you surely have something for books.” Hanbin utters unconsciously, he only realizes he has said it wrongly when the way the nerd boy looks at him makes him a bit disturbed. Sitting upright he tries to fix it, “I—I mean, you look like a bookworm. NO! I mean—” Then without nowhere, the boy laughs, a hearty one until all eyes look at their direction. He doesn’t stop laughing until the librarian let out a loud ‘SHUSH’ to him. Holding his hand to his mouth, the boy stays still in his seat. When everyone is back on their works, he starts to laugh again but this time much slower.

 

And Hanbin is once again awestruck, for the way he laughs is brilliantly good. Wait, what?

 

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to offend you with my laughter but you are so funny. The way you fumble with words and panicking to find the words is hilarious.” Says the laughing boy. “And yes, I am a bookworm. Don’t worries, no harm done.” He chuckles afterwards before stopping altogether. It makes Hanbin smiles too watching the boy’s antics. A genuine one it is, and that somehow feels so weird in his opinion.

 

“I’m Kim Hanbin, 4th year, Music.” Extending his hand for a shake, Hanbin internally grunts at the coldness the boy’s hand gives to his palm. Yet he accepts it nonetheless, for the sake of his bet. The boy then smiles a very cute one as he looks at Hanbin.

 

“I’m Jung Chanwoo, 1st year, Modern Literature.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter