Day When The One Was Not That Alone

Days of Us
 
 

Sehun was already out in the street from the previous whiles. He went for some cigarettes, out of nowhere, and it was not actually his habit to leave his office in so out of the blue, particularly the end of office hour was already close to, but somehow, that day, he had abruptly left from there and when he was still in near convenience store, the blackout happened. It has that sort of automatic door and it has been automatically sealed, which was Sehun knew that he was trapped.

 

Sometimes the universe just had to blow your mind of how does it works through

 

The blackout was seriously a huge one. Even all the devices in his big office were all been dysfunctional, he got the info from one of his workmates. Scrolling down the news in his iPhone’s browser, it has been informed that something like this occurred in like, every span or so— well, you don’t have to buy it, it just those mere assumptions from some random people, who seemed have no time to write about something else for an item.

Sehun recognized it, he just cursed for a couple times before Baekhyun began the chat within their group, so that he wouldn’t feel that much alone.

But too bad, his mobile was actually the one needed to be plugged on.

“Is there any chance that I figure when will I be getting out of here?”

The shopkeeper lady popped the gum before answering the pale guy she fronted, “The mechanic kid will fix that in a minute.” She directed to the closed entrance in advance of getting busy with her mobile phone. No concerned shown from the supposed to be friendly shopwoman.

Sehun sighed, then he marched to the snack aisle, turning to near the drinks station. Removing his upper suit, Sehun leaned onto it while folding his white shirt long sleeve. Peeping to the nearly-dead-phone, five minutes passed afore he gradually sat down in the next ten.

 

Another few minutes excelled and Sehun didn’t see any sign of when the door will be getting fixed. The nighttime had fallen completely when he noticed someone— probably a girl, somewhat a petite one— was doing transaction in the adjoining cashier. But well, it won’t be the magnificent-slash-coldest-being Oh Sehun if he paid much attention to those kind of minor things. He never was the type to approach anyone, even some people who already been aware of his character, if not

 

“Hey…”

It was a not-too-familiar-façade which he had seen for few times before, and he had this somehow particular impression toward this individual. Irene was clasping her shopping bag— perhaps filled with toiletries— when Sehun eyed her, slightly, with his distinctive uninterested look.

Oh, you… Again.”

“When did the last time we had meeting so randomly like this?”

He only shrugged, and Irene— on the other hand— was doing quite the opposite by keep doing the talk.

“Never thought of will be meeting you here.”

“Yeah, right…” The guy scoffed. “I’ve never wished of being trapped here, alone, in a damned blackout.”

“Really?” She took a seat next to him.

“What are you doing?” Sehun had this clumsy movement to scoot, in which they would not be too side-by-side.

She blurted, “Well, at least, I have someone I rather know for company.”

He raised an eyebrow, “So, how did you know me then?”

 

It was essentially a teasing, yet she answered it for real.

“You have been introduced to me as Chanyeol’s boyf—“

Sehun had this impulse to hush her by covering with his palm, which was actually not the first. But, it still awkward though—

“Um,”

He quickly released her, still and all.

“Say that again, and I’ll shut your mouth… No kidding.” He raised a forefinger, “And don’t talk to me.”

 

It took them until the next twenty minutes, when Irene had secretly eyed the— in point of fact, gorgeous guy next to her. She was unwrapping the candy bars package, at that point, she offered him. Typical Sehun though, he barely was viewing her and looking away as a substitute.

 

The door hasn’t been unlocked yet, even deep inside, Sehun started to lose the faith and he think of would be leaving the place supposedly when the electricity will be on, sooner or maybe far later. It was when the sad reality hit him, whereas the only lighting near was from Irene’s phone— which has been kept her busy with it— and Sehun’s has finally turned off with not even a percent battery remained. He was the one that right at the moment began eyeing the person beside.

“Give me one with the caramel,” he had his palm offered to her.

“Huh?”

“The chocolate.” He answered short and straight.

She handed it to him as requested.

“This is not the one I asked for…” he sounded annoyed. “I don’t like any of it with fruit filling—“

“Oh God! What are you? Twelve??” and she, apparently was beginning to get upset as well. She passed it quite harsh, and he grabbed it a little bitter in addition,

“I’m near to twenty-five. If, you’re delighted to know.”

He didn’t get any of her respond toward the last sentence.

 

Hitherto, Sehun was not the type that fancy of getting his sayings ignored.

 

Yah… Don’t get yourself busy with your phone.”

Irene directed the light-screen right into Sehun’s striking face, which also stand out fairly in gloom.

“Didn’t you the one who say that I’m not allowed to talk to you?”

“I changed my mind,” he raised his total dead phone and shoved it to her nose tip. “Let’s talk.”

“About what?” Irene asked, half-heartedly— or, she pretend to sounded such as— while Sehun has merely concentrated to her façade within the dimness. And Sehun began to consider that she was not that bad at all.

“I don’t know…”

 

And again, the typical uninterested Sehun has emerged to the surface.

 

“Well,” she was attempting to conduct a conversation. “How did you get here?”

“Pardon?”
“Yeah, the last time we met… I think you’re not living in the city.”

“How did you remember the last time we met?”

 

He was actually remembered it as well, in one way or another— even it has occurred in more than a year ago, back when Sehun was still struggling through his graduate student days.

 

“Because everytime I see you, I never get any of your pleasant side… You know, whatever bad will stay longer in our head.”

She munched another candy bar from the package, which Sehun snatched it, since he was not thrilled with her answer.

“We should probably keep on with our own matter then.”

He uttered and she just snorted.

 

Sneaking a quick look to her wristwatch, Irene realized it was more than an hour she has been stuck at the location. Thankfully, she has this companion, although he was not near to enjoyable to have with— well, what mattered most was, she wasn’t totally alone in the place. Sehun was on his fourth pack of bars when she offered him the mobile device she had engrossed to,

“Do you want to call someone?” She muttered, “I pity your dead phone.”

Sehun’s icy contemplation was real even in the darkness. He took some time to consider about it before was taking it from her grip.

“But… I don’t memorize phone numbers that well,”

She frowned, whether he could see it or not— “My offer wouldn’t last for ages, okay… I’m trying to be nice, to you.”

He pressed some of the familiar through the screen and turned out was calling Baekhyun. Who has gotten worried in the across line, for the reason that the youngest guy haven’t responded quite long in their group chat.

“It’s me… Oh,” Sehun was talking through the line, whilst just glimpsing to the young lady, who was currently wiping her chocolate covered fingers.

Sehunnie! Where the hell are you, young man? I need your explanation right here, right now…

Nagged the person across the line. He could hear the other three best friends were also making fuss behind the petite guy.

“I’m trapped in this, store near my office—“

Oh my God! Are you okay? What happened?

“Just this ty blackout and the auto doors got closed,”

Are you there all by yourself?

Sehun eyed the petite mademoiselle, who, was not minding that much to the conversation he did with her device. And there it was, a slight smile curved on his thin, sharp lips. He let the tongue-out in advance of replying, “No, I’m not.”

 

The blackout didn’t last long after that, Sehun offered his hand to help and get Irene up from where they seated. She said a simple thank you, before there was this pause when both of them wanting to part.

“We should stop meeting so randomly, like this…”

 

Sehun didn’t know why he had this impulse to say quite the same thing as what she stated earlier.

 

“And what should we do then?”

Irene questioned, partly holding the sudden smile, and heat ascending within her sweet face.

“You just… Save my number, here…”

Sehun answered directly and he motioned her to hand him the mobile, whereas wearing his suit for leave-taking.

She puckered her brow, “Really? Why should I?”

“Because my phone is dead, duh…”

 

And then, it was the classic cranky Sehun hitting the spot.

 


 

A/N: Just a quick update for my Sehunnie's birthday♥♥