Days When They're Always Best Friends (part 1)

Days of Us


 

Dedicated to my fellow HunZy shippers… I guess I owe you guys a lot  :)

 

“Sehun-ah!”

Suzy came to her best friend at their high school park. Looking beautiful— as always— as she dazed almost every male students attention in the uniform outed with the signature yellow color. The fine-looking boy, himself, was solely sitting at the bench— coolly, as he constantly has been— staring to his phone, seeming was waiting for something.

“I just got my acceptance letter… See—“

She put the note directly in front of his flawless face. He did some brows furrowing, as he read it carefully, by means of still paying attention of her bright and excited countenance.

“Suzy-yah,” he looked pretty much upset as he handed it back to her. “It’s more than two thousand miles away from where I’ll be enrolling.”

Realizing that Sehun did not react as what she expected him to be, Suzy twined an arm around his narrow shoulder, saying. “Can you please, at least, be happier for me?”

He simply was grinning by force whereas playing with his mobile, tossing it to the woody seater.

“Sehun-ah…” she playfully whined. “We’re still going to be in the same country and we both will be far away from our home—“

“Yeah, right…” he locked his icy watches to her beaming ones. “Should I need to have you faraway as well, even though we’re both will be in the States? It’s like, you’re in the very east side of the continent and I will be at the west.”

“You’re right, but… You plan to go to the Law school and it’s just two hours away from my city—“

“Suzy-yah, I will not be attending it up to three and a half years from now.”

“Sehun-ah, come on…” she released the grip gently as she was staring. “I promise I will go to your place at the first holiday, since I will be not having a good amount of sun just like in yours...”

“Our first holiday there will be in Thanksgiving or even Christmas… It’s still a long way to go.”

Sehun pouted, before was letting a tongue-out as it was his habit.

“Travelling there is not like going to Busan from Seoul… You can’t spend more than five hundred bucks just for a return plane fares…”

Sehun was raising an eyebrow from what has been stated by Suzy.

“Don’t tell me that you’re thinking about it!” She pointed a finger at him and he finally laughed.

“I actually am… But, I will waste quite similar amount of my one year tuition fee just to go to visit you every weekend…”

Suzy crossed her arms as he got that mischievous look from the best friend she already had, since both of them were still infants.

“You’ll survive, perhaps, three months being away from me,”

She, then rustled Sehun’s brunette crown. “You’ll get a lot of new friends and probably forget about me…”

“No way! You’ll always be the number one, Suzy-yah…”

Sehun said and Suzy giggled at him.

“Anyway, you haven’t told Soojung about anything since you got accepted last week?” she asked.

“Nope.” He answered, shrugging and bring up back at her. “Have you spoken to Hansol about this?” he was referring to the letter, also her current boyfriend.

“Maybe after the prom… I still need someone to be my fixed date though,” She beamed again. “What if he wants to break up knowing that I will be abroad?”

“You know you can ask me to.”

He was partly joking, yet neither did she. She thought that he didn’t mean any of it, which it was in fact contrariwise.

“Cheesy Sehunnie strikes again!” she rustled his hair once more before getting up from the seat. “I’ll see you after classes, okay?”

“Yeah, sure…”

Sehun was waving his hand as Suzy began to stroll to leave the spot. In not so later, another lovely girl— probably not too petite compared to Suzy— approached the site, as he was texting her from time to time.

“Soojung-ah, do you want to go to prom with me?”

Sehun asked her right at that moment.

 


 

The following days went quick and suddenly it was time for both of them to move outside the home country after their graduation. It was Sehun, nevertheless, who planned to have his flight just at the same day as Suzy’s even though what he tried best to get was three hours later than hers. Suzy nagged at him when the guy was all set with his driver, waiting at front of her house so that they would be leaving together to the airport.

“Sehun-ah, what did I say about you don’t need to take me to Incheon by yourself?”

“Who said I’m just taking you to leave? I’m also will be leaving today…”

He pointed to his belongings with his face being flat, all so expressionless.

“But, I know your flight will not be departing up till five hours from now…”

She crossed her arms and he was simply raising an eyebrow.

“You can spend some of your time at house with your parents or your hyung…”

“Suzy-yah,” Sehun shifted his view steadily at her rather than looking outside the car window. “None of them cared enough about my departure and why should I care to spare some of my time with them?”

Indeed, she felt bad of listening to it. Notwithstanding, she had it for thousandth times ever since they had plenty empathies of both their families.

He resumed, “You’re still lucky to have both your parents and dongsaeng sending you off to the house gate—“

“Stop it, Sehun-ah…” She wrapped an arm to his narrow shoulder then. “You know that you always have me…”

“That’s why I rather wait at the airport for hours, so that I can see you setting out of here.”

A sincere smile was escaping his thin lips by the moment, in advance of he started to ruffle the girl’s long dark tresses as both of them began snickering.

 

Sehun didn’t know what came over him as he set his mind to continue what has been undergone through it when they both have arrived at the airport. Looking for all their belongings already sent to each plane except for the hand carry, then the two of them agreed to sit over some coffee. He deliberated saying what true to his feelings, but a part of him wasn’t ready if she wasn’t feeling the same. In which he knew, that was perhaps what he would certainly be getting.

“Suzy-yah, will you miss me when we are apart?”

Sehun questioned, partly was inside his head but it turned out blurted to the girl who was stirring a pack of sugar to her cup.

Suzy, then, looked up at him. “Of course, I will.”

“Can we do facetime or something like that everytime after our daily routines are finished?”

He was making such face as she was rustling his locks cross wisely.

“Sehun-ah, why should you worry about something that we’re not there yet to be happened?”

 

Yeah… Because I’m not ready spending the days without you around… And, can’t you see how much I love you— .

 

Never in this life had Sehun had the guts to say it out loud, especially at this time. Hitherto, his heart swelled every time he watched her doing every little gesture that sure he’d be remembered of.            The way she delicately was playing with her hair, or a bit playfully when she was ruffling his. The face she made when tasting the brew was just a bit bitter than it should. Or, even the way she would leaped at him whenever she had something to share with— and he knew he couldn’t stand that someone might be was altering his role— as later they would be divided by thousand miles.

“Sehun-ah, are you listening?”

He came back to his cognizance once Suzy was waving her hand, breaking the entire odds he was so concerned of.

“Uhm, yeah…” Sehun cleared his throat, eyes never were absent to look at her. “So, you were saying?”

He tilted his head as putting his sharp chin onto a palm, paying attention courteously to the one and only girl.

 

The departure gate where they should be parting, surely had this aversion for Sehun as he loathed the exact moment for sure. Farewell never was a pleasant thing to do— particularly to the one that might be the one love of your life— yet, Sehun was not the type to seize the day and make his willpowers shone to finally concluded it to confess.

“Call me when you arrived alright?”

Sehun said after he enveloped her figure for the second time, knowing his arms were not willing to let go.

Pabo…” Suzy giggled as she was also wrapping her hands to his lean torso. “By the time I’d be in my destination, you’ll still be on the plane, won’t you?”

Sehun forced to curve the edge of his thin lips, not wanting Suzy to catch his almost teary eyes, whereas he moved the girl to leave by the time.

“Then, just text me, okay?”

She laughed again, moving her fingers to tap his brunette crown.

“Cheer up, Sehun-ah! We’ll see each other very soon!”

“Just go, okay…” He sighed, disguising the waterworks with one of the palms.

Suzy was walking backwards as she was still waving at him, passing the gate as he swore he could still hear her giggling.

 


 

Days and months passed with the first year students had gotten busy with all the requirements and terms. The everyday call Sehun and Suzy had, turned into once for a week and by not so later, had becoming once in a month. The few hours difference they had was one other thing as well, when one needed to talk to the best friend, it wasn’t rare that the other was currently doing something else or even just going to sleep.

 

It was that one weekend when Sehun chose to visit Suzy at the other side of the coast.

“Suzy-yah, guess where am I at this one fine Saturday?”

Sehun spoke through his mobile phone whilst stopping a cab to get out from the city airport.

Are you visiting me, right now?

The pale guy raised an eyebrow, noticing how sharp the instinct she had when it comes to himself.

“How do you know?”

He whined and he could overhear her laugh by the receiver.

Sehun-ah… Try to surprise me, probably ten years from now…

Sehun couldn’t hold his own chuckle as she was shaking his head, in which he curtained that Suzy could also catch the gestures from quite faraway.

“Okay, then… Care to tell me your complete address so that I wouldn’t get lost in this city?”

Um… Actually you can meet me at this famed park near my uni… You know the university name, right?

“Sure.”

Then, just tell it to the driver and he knows where to drive you… And find me sitting at the huge fountain.

“What exactly are you doing at ten am in a park, sitting by a fountain?”

Suzy responded him, once more, with her-seemed-never-ending-laugh.

I’m just reading…

That was not a quite reasonable answer for Sehun.

 

“Suzy-yah, what are you doing?”

Sehun asked, looking around as he spotted directly where the beautiful girl was sitting by herself in her simple pullover and trackpants.

Suzy shot her head up, finding her fine-looking best friend, looking much better with pair of posh fall outfit.

“Hey, Sehun-ah! I miss you!”

Sehun hugged her back as he was still scrutinizing her unlikely over-excitement.

“You’re not usually reading outside, huh?”

He replied whist taking seat next to her. He knew precisely her pattern of reading in her room, partnered with a cup of hot chocolate.

She was sort of embarrassed knowing she could not deceive Sehun that easily, in advance of raising the hardcover on her grip to hide her face, motioning to the best friend.

“Well, I did since a couple weeks ago…”

Sehun caught a cold gaze from a young man, presently was doing a warm-up as he kept beholding to their direction.


 


 

A/N: I guess this is kinda flashback chapter... I hope you guys won't mind :))

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Some cameos wouldn't hurt, though... (As for Hansol, I didn't intend to pick this gif just because Taeyong was beside him... :p)

 

And for the last guy... I guess some of you would remember him from my previous 'Days' story ^.^v