Day Where One Became Daring

Days of Us
 
 

Kai and Suzy came last for breakfast in Baekhyun’s place on the next day. The rest of three got it as the two lovebirds were in a state where they couldn’t get enough of each other. They were getting back together and it was surely a happy time for everyone. Since whenever these two were fighting, most of the times, they would have taken at least one of the others to listen of their argument, or even take side for a couple days.

Not to mention, Chanyeol and Sehun have crashed in the outspoken’s apartment since the day before. However, the petite pal had always equipped to prepare meal for the five of them. It sorts of bothered his mind for so long of why these people kept coming back to his dwell. Even the ones who weren’t sleeping there, say— Kai and Suzy, who spent the night at the adjoining loft. Resulting Baekhyun asked for them lastly, “Don’t you guys have a place of your own?”

Chanyeol’s elf-shaped ears shot up as he stopped chomping the French toast and nudged Sehun, who’s been seated next to him. The youngest merely eyed him to continue eating his cereal. Then, the giant kicked a shin placed crossways his under the table.

“Ow! What?!” Kai shrieked and nearly spilled the cornflakes he had almost similar with Sehun, glaring at the older across. “I live here, anyways.” He replied, before catching the sight of the eldest took the seat and then, his girlfriend was following obtained herself a cup of tea.

“Relax, guys… Perhaps Baek eomma is just having his time of the month—“

“Watch your little mouth, Oh Sehun.” Baekhyun responded, in way of wanting to seal the youngest guy’s mouth with a duct tape.

“I’m sorry… But, isn’t it too late you question this for us?” Suzy beamed just like a warm sunshine, flashing to make the day better. “It’s been more than three years.”

Baekhyun pouted, following the statement of his best girl friend. “Yeah, but I need to start my day in a different way… And maybe, I need to get up later, not to prepare your whole arrival for breakfast.”

“Well, we can have tomorrow’s breakfast at my loft, I won’t mind.”

“Yeay, Sooj! You’re the best!”

Baekhyun got up to give a hug to Suzy and returned to his seat, subsequent a suspicious look from the tanned younger.

“Of course she’s the best, she’s my girlfriend.” Kai crossed his arms as he kept pondering over the eldest.

Suzy noticed it, as she wrapped an arm presently to her boyfriend. “Oh, honey… Are you jealous because Baek hugged me?”

“No.” Kai raised an eyebrow, nonetheless. “Well, maybe a bit.” He said it only to win a sympathy from the only girl and Suzy gave what he wanted in return, also added by a quick kiss on his prominent lips.

“Aren’t you tired of all the you had in the past two nights? You guys seriously can’t keep your hands off each other.”

Chanyeol gained Kai’s smirk after he ruffled Suzy’s hair at the side of him. “Go get yourself a girlfriend, man… And you too, Sehun-ah.”

“Hey, I didn’t say anything. Why should you bring me into this?” Sehun scowled to his same-age fellow.

The tanned one chuckled, ogled to his girlfriend then he did. “Babe, it’s not that I’m trying to open up about Baek’s lying to say that you’re the best, because for me, you really are…” He earned a total focus from Suzy as he was glancing to Baekhyun. “But, a few days ago, this one—” he pointed at the eldest. “—was trying to relocate his lady friend very timely in the morning, because I heard he told her that his friends couldn’t see her and will be at his place so early and she needs to take off because of that. I was coming from the bathroom maybe that was why you didn’t see me.”

Baekhyun was all set to nag at his housemate when the other three gave a similar response in unison.

“So, that’s why…” in advance of all of them shifted their focus and expecting Baekhyun’s clear explanation.

“Hey, in my own defense, y’all couldn’t zip those big mouths and surely will be probing her. It’s early in the morning and not every people has set to be grilled at breakfast.”

Although Baekhyun seemed a little upset after what he spoken, Suzy knew deep inside, he actually felt mistaken because he wasn’t the type to refuse having his friends spending time at his place. It was normal for the eldest to have more privacy in his dwell, given that he wouldn’t be single for the rest of his life.

“Well, that’s okay, Baek… I feel bad knowing that you got up so early even just to brew the coffee and toast some bread for us. Maybe, we can take turns, or at least have different places to hang around on weekends.”

Her last sentence caused Chanyeol and Sehun counterfeited not to listen, since when did they ever be organized as a host?

Suzy turned her view to get Kai grinned at her direction. “What?” she questioned.

“My girlfriend really is the best.” He answered as then burying his nose to sniff on her tresses.

Somewhere in between all of that, Sehun elbowed Chanyeol to stop his act of eating and sighed, “ it, we definitely got to have a girlfriend.”

 

Toward the afternoon, all five of them were cozying at the outspoken’s living place, sort of doing nothing. They planned to watch a movie, but since none of the votes result matched their varying requests and that’s why they ended up talking and talking, as no one really paid attention to the big screen.

No one really knew as well, what subject that eventually brought Baekhyun’s surprising topic. The eldest was just bragging to Suzy and Sehun as he didn’t spare them a bit of the infamous brownies he had hardly attain with Chanyeol, at the day before. Then, to the jewelry store next to it, he has wondered. “Do you ever think about what kind of life we get after this?”

It was the simultaneous odd look he got from the youngers, which made him resumed. “Come on guys, you didn’t think that we stay like this forever, right? I mean, I’m sure that we stick together to keep our friendship everlasting but, we need to settle down, you know?”

Suzy was the first to get caught by Baekhyun’s stare, since she and Kai was next to him at the center couch— cuddling, if you must know— as she eyed her boyfriend, who stole glance to Sehun at the lounger. The palest guy then shoved it to Chanyeol as he thought the older could mildly reply his pal.

“Sorry, I lost you right there, Baek…”

Baekhyun facepalmed himself and he understood it was so wrong to assume someone like Chanyeol to answer it right. Then, he recommenced, “Yeol, we’re the oldest ones here—“

“You’re older than me by six months, Baek.”

“Damn it, Yeol… That’s not the problem here,” he sighed and composed himself to begin again. “You’re not going to spend the rest of your life sandwiching with girls here, there and keep yourself exchanging partners, huh? And don’t you know it is so unhealthy?”

Yah! I never skip having protection every now and then, and just so you know,” his big eyes glimpsed to each of them at that instant. “I have schedules to meet my doctor, for that.”

“Wow, good for you!” Baekhyun then shook his head. “Sorry, Yeol… But, my point is, have you ever thought of getting married?”

It took a moment for Chanyeol rubbing his chin and responded. “I might need to start thinking of having family before I turned thirty.”

“You just turned twenty-six last month—“

“ off, Sehun… Stop remembering all details at time like this.” He yelled at the younger next to him, before getting back at the petite buddy. “I guess I have three years and eleven months to go…”

“I guess it’s good to know that you’re already have your own limitation. Then, what about you, Sehunnie?”

Sehun pursed his thin lips, retorting at Baekhyun. “Do I have, too?”

Baekhyun nodded at him as Chanyeol added, “Speaking of which, you’re the one amongst us who’s career-wise and financially ready to start a life with other people on it.”

“Let me reach that old age of yours first and I’ll let you know whether I want it or not.”

Sehun received two cushions flung and landed right into his perfect features from the olders.

Chanyeol countered, “Two years are not that long, you know?”

“I know, and by the time that two years came to me, you guys will have the remaining two years before thirty.”

It cracked their laughs but, it was not that long up till dissolved in the air as Baekhyun take on the two remaining, innocence young blood.

“Sooj, most of the girls I know, had planned their wedding since they were in sixth grade.”

“Not all the girls you know are like me, Baek…” Suzy replied coolly, playing with few strands of her hair. “I’ve never planned any of those… I’ll just go with what I have in the moment.”

Granting she appeared too in comfortable leaning onto Kai’s chest, not knowing that the guy himself, was uneasy following the topic Baekhyun has brought up to their table.

“Okay… Last but not least, Kai?”

“Eh?” The said guy felt that his throat was so dry out of a sudden. He wished that his eerie speaking tone did not get caught, especially by the girl on his hold. It was too late though, because Suzy was by then, already shooting her head up and beholding at him.

“Can we please not talk about this, right now?”

Each of them looked at one another, trailing to observe Kai was getting up quickly and approaching the kitchen arrears. He took a bottled water from the fridge, finished it in one go, before wiping his soaked edge with the sweater sleeve.

“Wow, good to know that you’re kind of hypersensitive to it…”

Suzy spoke in between their quietness, prompting the rest of guys fell into their silence.

Kai stared at her, who turned around to face him from the spot they once settled. “You didn’t even intend what most people did, then why now you should confront me because of it?”

“Excuse me, I did not mean to confront you.”

Sure, you did. Please don’t change your tone, people might’ve mistaken what you said.”

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun regretted once again why they should be in the place where these two had their misunderstanding.

Suzy sighed as she got up to get her coat in near hanger by the front door. Looking over once more, to the den through the kitchen, she uttered to her thought boyfriend. “I can’t believe you just ruined another day like this.” Then, she left.

“Ugh!” Kai grunted as he pounded the fridge door, gazing to the friends in the living room. “Thanks for bringing up the intriguing subject, Baek!” He howled en route storming to his bedroom.

Baekhyun soon be straight up and faced the two in front of him. “I went too far, didn’t I?”

Chanyeol responded by shaking his head weakly, as Sehun had just stared blankly at him, didn’t know what to do. The eldest’s face has this mixed of extremely worried and guilty covered countenance, which he later felt so responsible to solve the matter.

“Alright, I’m gonna wash myself then head to Sooj’s, maybe I’ll take her out to refresh her mind. And you two,” he pointed at them. “Please, please watch that one.” He directed to the sealed access of the housemate. Probably did not wanting to have the drama where Kai had gone to some place they all had difficulties to find.

“O-okay…” Sehun answered him indecisively, thus Chanyeol signaled with his gritted teeth as the concerned pal going.

 

Baekhyun’s attempt to ask Suzy out was somewhat a struggle. At first, the girl was seriously in a bad mood that Baekhyun’s cheery attitude had merely lifted her glow. She said to leave her alone as Kai’s standpoint was an absolute force to worsened her day. The older had to went through more than half an hour to hear her vent, before he suggested her to take a cold shower and cooled down her head.

Later, it took him even more to convince Suzy to go out. Saying it wasn’t good to stay home and promised her a very good retail therapy next. She eventually was saying yes to his idea, as Baekhyun had peeped at his watch and it was already passed sixty minutes since he came.

 

What a day for the sake of other people’s relationship, thought the great Byun Baekhyun.

 

Suzy turned at him, moving near the huge hole in the wall after she had done dressing up— well, if you called cladding yourself with plain white tees, jeans then adding a bomber jacket was really a dress up. Paired with Baekhyun’s proper style as purple pullover and extra outer, hence Suzy didn’t mind at all. She didn’t care enough even to put on some make-up, as the older noticed her then he detached himself from the window frame.

“What are you doing there, Baek?” She questioned, sporting her beloved black satchel while approaching.

“Uh,” he hummed, about to prevent her getting what he has been seeing through it. “It’s just Yeol and Sehunnie. They’re worried about you, so I show them you’re safe with me.”

Suzy was a bit keen, moved herself to see both the tallers were waving from the adjacent place. She thought she’d be sighted another addition, but Kai was nowhere to be seen near those two.

“Let’s go,” she said as Baekhyun offered to link their arms. He grazed her hair before they left the loft then.

 

Since Baekhyun was the one who proposed the retail therapy idea and turned out, he was also the one who occupied doing the shopping deeds.

“Baek, didn’t you get a new pair of sneakers from Sehun as Christmas present?” Suzy asked when she sat next to him, putting aside the little brown bag of hers as he tried over more than five pairs alone for his self.

The older put one foot with baby blue and other with blood red as he stood up and standing in front of the mirror. “He got me the all-white and I knew, they have around twelve choices of color for this edition.” Baekhyun put his palm on Suzy’s shoulder, striving to change the left one with pink.

“Isn’t it kinda girly, Baek?”

“Yeah, we never know,” he followed what the girl stated and returned to the seat. “Actually, the color is in for next year, at least, I’ve tried.”

Suzy took the one that Baekhyun just released and since their sizes differences were merely two, so she tried for herself. “I’m saying it’s kinda girly ‘cause I think it suits me better, see?”

“It’s uni, though… Hmm… We definitely should buy this for you! Let me get your size,”

He agreed, before rushing the store clerk and they ended up buying matching pairs with him finally chose the baby blue.

 

“Ah… I’m so happy we got a couple shoes.” Baekhyun sent Suzy a warming grin as he brought their food tray after they paid for the shared panini and cokes.

Suzy smiled as placing their shopping bags next to her chair and looked at the older seated across. “I bet you’re happier because you got another pair for your collections, after the one Sehun bought.”

He chuckled and carried on after they were halfway finishing the sandwich.

“So, who did you get for our secret santa?”

“Chanyeol oppa. I ordered a custom bag for his guitar with a tiny CY initial.” She sipped the cola afore resuming. “Who’s yours?”

“I knew since quite a long time ago, Kai wanted this distressed denim jacket— uhm,” Baekhyun coughed as he noted her countenance changed once she caught the name. “Anyway, did you like your gift?”

“Of course. It is very considerate, precise and useful for my audition. I heard you and oppa helped him made the tutorial video so he could give it for my Christmas present.”

He nodded and perceived she stopped to conclude her part. “Sooj,” he took her fingers and wrapped it on his. “I’m really sorry that I should bring up about that topic back in my place.”

“It’s okay, it’s not that you were wrong talking about it.” Even though she released their grip, taking to support her chin as substitute. “I guess it’s too early in our relationship to think about it more…”

“No, it’s not.”

“Well, didn’t you see how your roommate behaved after your asked the same question to the four of us?”

Baekhyun finished the sandwich by himself after that. Apparently, Suzy’s mood went downhill later that talk had again been brought up to the table.

“Sorry, Baek… I just feel not good to hang out today,”

“Where are you going?” Baekhyun inquired.

“We’re still young to not thinking about it, huh?” She answered as taking her cover hung onto the chair. “I didn’t even have a glimpse of our further steps in my previous relationship.”

Baekhyun’s eyes were dilated on top that he got up. “Yeah, yeah… But, can you please tell me where are you going, now? We just hung out for like, two hours!”

“I’m going to meet my boyfriend… I’ll say that we don’t need to rush things, at all.” As she wore the jacket properly, she attempted to call Kai’s mobile but seemed no one picking up. At that moment, she began walking out the deli.

Baekhyun cursed silently since he needed to pursuit Suzy and started typing to his iPhone, exiting the place as well.

 

Bacon Lover             : Mayday mayday

Bacon Lover             : The Queen has returned to the castle

Bacon Lover             : approx time of arrival 25mins

 

“There’s no one here.”

Suzy spoke as she dropped the shopping bags near Kai’s bedroom door. Baekhyun was still at his front most verge, adjusting his breath as previously had to sped up, catching on her.

“Really?” His voice cracked, but then, he ran again as she walked very near to the window facing her loft. “Kai’s not there!” he shrieked.

She raised an eyebrow as she was certain, she saw a flash of a person’s shadow at the neighboring space. The only person who could get into her place was none other than Kai, because she handed him the keys, over two days ago they decided to reconcile. “I need to make sure by myself. What if he waited for me there?”

The petite older has continued to misuse his limited inhalation pace, as trailing her rushed to check on the loft.

 

“Sooj?” Baekhyun mumbled when they arrived in front of her entrance.

Suzy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion since her best friend had never been this obscuring. She searched for keys from the satchel, nevertheless, opening the door for both of them to get in.

There he was, Kai stood a few feet away and he invited her to come to her living space. Suzy noticed him still wearing the same house clothes as what she saw before she left. Her eyes wandered and observed some of rose petals have been spread on her pathway. Not to mention, the sight of Chanyeol and Sehun, in addition of Baekhyun dragged them to leave the two alone.

“No, actually, you guys can stay.” Kai uttered and they stood by her kitchen, watching the pair silently, yet at once.

“They’ve been there in most of our fights, so why can’t they watch this one?” He smiled as taking one of her hands. “Sorry, we planned to do a lot better setting than this, but Baek failed to keep you out until the sun down.”

“I don’t get what you are doing, right now… And, what do you mean by ‘we’?”

Again, Suzy caused Kai’s smile because she had been so unaware.

“These people and I… Well, except Sehun since he just knew about it after I succeeded to irritate you with Baek’s intently surprising topic.”

“Are we going to argue again?”

Then, he chuckled. “No, babe… I just want to do something else and it is much better.”

Kai took a deep breath before he was down on one knee, still wrapping her palm afore brushing his lips on her knuckle.

Suzy sealed in total awe, eyes began to get watery but fixed at the man in front of her.

“Never in the whole twenty-one years of my life I would’ve thought, which I’ll have this one very special girl I’d call a best friend. And then, I met you—”

Suzy might’ve been holding back her tears, however, Baekhyun couldn’t managed it as his has streamed down. In advance of he lastly was squeezing both Chanyeol and Sehun.

“— not even a year we get over it, and I started to realize that I might’ve been falling for you deeper… Days, months and years passed, as we were once finally a couple, then we broke up. And then, we got reunited again after we got through even more and more stuff, together…yet I still wonder, how great it will be even after this…”

Suzy couldn’t stop smiling and her heart couldn’t stop racing as Kai— himself— had shed some waterworks, then he took out a little box out from his jeans pocket.

“I am so grateful to find the true meaning of love through my best friend and I am so lucky now, to be able calling you mine…and so… Will you spend the rest of your days with me?”

She nodded, “Yes.”

He puts the ring on her finger, then Kai embraced Suzy as soon, subsequent the kiss on her lips. He could feel that she really was crying inside his hold, that was why he asked.

“Hey, what’s with the tears?”

“I was rushing home because I want to say t-that…” she stuttered. “We don’t need to rush anything, if that’s what you want…”

Kai hugged Suzy even tighter, his hand reached up next to pat her head.

“I just want to be with you, because I love you.…and you know that!”

Suzy tightened her wrap to his core, “No one can love you as much as I am, Kim Jongin.”

“Thanks, but… I love you even more than that, Bae Suzy.”

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun joined them for a group hug in not so later.

 

Later that night in their group chat,

 

Bacon Lover               : So, when are we going to plan this whole wedding?

Chanyeol_is_Real     : Didn’t u hear bae saying that they don’t need to rush things?

Chanyeol_is_Real     : So we can expect their wedding in maybe two or three yrs later

Bacon Lover               : That’s when sehunnie needs to think about his own future

ohbubble                    : Hey why should you bring me into this

ohbubble                    : remember u two r going to be a couple year before 30

Bacon Lover               : Yah at least I have the thought about it

Bacon Lover               : Unlike chanyeol

Chanyeol_is_Real     : Go ahead badmouthing Chanyeol

Chanyeol_is_Real     : he’s not here

Bacon Lover               : Anw where r Sooj & Kai?

Bacon Lover               : Theyre not replying

Chanyeol_is_Real     : Some people are in real relationship n having unlike you baek

Bacon Lover               : HEY I hv a girlfriend you know

ohbubble                    : Does this mean we can’t have bfast at their place tmrw?

 


 

A/N: Hey, guys... As you can see this story is coming to an end... I was planning to make spin-off but I need your help to comment of who between the three guys that will fill up the main storyline to find love?

 

  

 

Maybe, I need as well a suggestion of who can I pair with these guys?? :p

I also made a vote (apparently in the previous chap) for our male lead in the next story, so please comment and vote 주세요!!!