Day When Something Came Up

Days of Us


 

Suzy woke up again in the next morning, partly hoping what happened by the day before was not a spot-on. She knew deep inside, that she didn’t want to really end things with Kai. When she observed the picture hung in the wall right in front of her bed— it was what Kai had prepared nicely for her birthday— and noticing of how happy she looked when he was still there, spending the days all told.

The ache within her core felt so real when she realized there were just three individuals slumbering in the living space, whom were previously accompanied her through the whole night. Those three guys mainly stayed in silent, unlike their usual self for the reason she kept crying when noting, even the littlest things when Kai used to be still there. It was like; every bits of the place would remind her of him.

At those times, when he used to be the most difficult one to be woken up, especially when they were spending the day altogether in one place. How he would yell at anyone, who dared to snooze in the same spot as him, and he only would’ve let her to do so.

Kai also used to be the one who ate the most, probably he or Chanyeol, it was depending by the situation. He used to be one of the fussiests when they were all up for a movie night, probably a level below Sehun— as the most fretful amongst everyone. Or else, he had always argued with Baekhyun when they should be prepared of something, since he would be the one who had the least tendency to get organized.

And not to mention, it kept replaying inside her head of when Kai was always there, waiting for her to get home. His pleasant smile will always be soothed her, after the hectic daily routines— and, vice versa— when the two of them were still together. The beam curved on her lips was totally not for a good reason then.

It was true what people said though, you would get of how precious something— or someone— was when it has already gone.

She wondered if the saying was significant to her state.

 

“Hey, Sooj… You woke up pretty early…” Baekhyun rubbed his eyes to be well-seen, glimpsing to his phone, nearly few minutes to eight. He has been aware the girl was standing there, for some time, inaudibly had discerning toward the sleeping souls.

Suzy barely was answering what the older asked, before she opted to take seat by his side. She was still, seemingly, deep in her thoughts. By way in mere seconds, she supposed to some degree toward the outspoken pal, along with her steady and dreary countenance.

“Where is he, Baek?”

Baekhyun engaged with the cushion on his lap, to take some while of spare responding to the question. Which, she already did ask for several times since last night.

“Seriously, Sooj… I don’t know.” He stared at her, genuinely felt bad for the outcome of what has been happening— in fact, the jeopardy started for earlier months— he muttered. “If I do know, I’d tell you for sure…”

As her gaze met his, Baekhyun had his head lowered again. And with that, he recommenced.

“Even if Kai demanded me to not letting you know—“

“So, he did tell you that he needed to leave?” she mumbled.

“I guess it was pretty much like that, but I have no idea why,” he shrugged. “He did go to see me in my room, before he was leaving yesterday… I did ask him where and he said he didn’t know, and that’s all what he told me.”

Afore then, a long stillness has been commenced.

 

“I love him, Baek… I really do…”

Baekhyun didn’t know what to properly respond his best girl friend at that time, as she resumed.

“If only I could set away all my self-pride and broke what I believe in, at least for once, he won’t be leaving like this… Right?”

“Sooj, you don’t need me to answer that because you already know the answer, huh?” He inquired and she was merely nodding. “And because you have said all those things, can I say some stuff that probably will not solve the problem, but well, I just want to give my kinda opinion to you both as my bestfriends…”

Her intense look had simply made him continued without any reaction.

“How I wish Kai didn’t had that many amount of distrusts to you… And how I wish you were not that strict, considering what slip he made out of his will… As I am someone who have known him longer than you, I know there’s no way Kai would hurt you on purpose, ‘cause you know what?”

She was still paying attention to such long view the older has given.

“I’ve never seen him had sincerely cared for someone, and never did he loved as much as he loves you…”

“How could you say that, Baek?” she was supporting her chin onto a palm.

“Sooj, come on!” Baekhyun chuckled as he looked into the surrounding. “I was there when things went on and on, between us…”

She raised an eyebrow as he was carrying on.

“I think these guys would kill me,” he directed to Chanyeol and Sehun who was still away in their dreamland. “But well, you guys would have hard time to find anyone else who looks like me and as noisy as I am, right?”

Suzy did titter for a little as it rose a bit relieve within the older.

“I guess a bit tale to travel back in time would rub me right into where it hurts the most…” Nonetheless, she did answer it sarcastically.

Baekhyun snickered, “I don’t know if you were noticing it… However, besides these two, I did have a crush on you…”

“Okay, Baek… Do I need to listen about it, now?”

“No, no… I’m so get over it, Sooj… You just listen to what I’m gonna say, okay?”

She just nodded.

“You are the best girl friend I would’ve ever asked for…” He moved a bit closer at her, as he was squeezing on of her hands. “And,” he stared on his lap before to her eyes again. “We were so, so crazy about you back then… No matter how hard we assured ourselves that you’re our bestfriend…”

“Okay, but then again, I did end up dating one of you… Well, I used to,”

“Here’s a thing that’ll probably cheered you up, I’ll tell you what Kai— yeah, you didn’t know how long we struggled to let him finally let himself surrender to his own feelings… Right?”

He wriggled the eyebrows, signaling her to at least be more brightened up.

“He didn’t have to forfeit in the first place…” she was giving in to the loss, she did not in fact has to admit that quickly. “If he didn’t suddenly was reacting to it, as he was starting to do this and that to me… Perhaps I wasn’t going to realize as well that I might be was developing something more, especially for him.”

“Oh, Sooj…” Baekhyun offered her to lean her head on his narrow shoulder. “I don’t know since when you start being such negative of a person… But, you just have to know, why all of us had eventually was letting Kai to go in for you… Because he loves you so much with no reason.”

“For no reason, or he just never had the intention to like me at all? I feel bad for him if he was in for the second…”

“Sooj, that’s not how I’m intending you to get my points…” he tapped her crown as he had certainly feeling bad. “What I’m trying to say is, Kai loves you, no matter what, when, or how the circumstances have been evolving between you two… He loves you, because it is only you he could love that much.”

Suzy then sighed, when the older had noticed her tears started pooling once more, as he embraced her tight and it caused her cried more inside his hold.

 

Baekhyun later asked Suzy for both of them to start making the meal, since she needed distractions to not thinking about Kai, even if it seemed impossible. When the girl was cleaning herself as she was occupying the washroom, the petite pal sensed that something quite fiery was invisibly darting behind his back— he was still in the center living space, tidying up stuff— as he turned around and he had dodged in a right time to avoid a cushion flung right into his beautiful face.

“Need another decade for you to plan to strike me…” the older shifted into his nagging self in a matter of milliseconds. “Sehunnie, what was that for?!”

“You jerk.”

Baekhyun’s jaw almost dropped hearing the youngest guy dared to speak to him such as that. He even added the fake hurt expression on top of the dismayed countenance.

“Excuse me??”

Sehun snorted before was responding to the dramatic bestfriend. “Why should you tell her all those things?”

“So, you were awake and had listening to our conversation?” The older raised one of his brows, “And so what? I wasn’t making things up, was I? And did Chanyeol was conscious, too?”

“Nope.” The palest hand nudged the giant, not so far from where he settled. It was true that the tallest was still dozing like he hadn’t for a week. “No you weren’t… But, I just feel like, is it best for her to hear stuff like what have you been told her?”

Baekhyun took some time to digested it as Sehun caught the only girl was getting out from the bathroom, marching to her own bedroom. “Morning, Suzy-yah!”

He merely had gotten the same smiling reply from Suzy, as he was glancing yet again to Baekhyun when she has locked the door.

“Did you get what I’m saying?”

“I did,” the petite fingers brushed his pointy chin for perusing it. “I just need some time to understand it well…”

“And?”

“And… It doesn’t matter is it right or wrong to say those kind of things, as long as I need Sooj to not giving in such negativity that slowly began eating her… Did you have heard all things clearly before?”

Sehun merely nodded.

“I don’t want her to regret anything, already happened in between… As I’m sure, no matter where Kai’s now and what he’s doing in the meantime… He must be can’t stop thinking about her, likewise…”

“But, don’t you think that would give her some false hope?” Sehun muttered.

“Sehunnie, how long have you been known these two? Okay,” Baekhyun cut in before Sehun answered his query. “I don’t need you to answer, particularly for Sooj, since you seem still be willing to take her if Kai really was letting go…”

“Well,” the younger shrugged. “If he did was—“

“And that’s not the spirit I know would deserve a girl like her… Sorry Sehun-ah, if you really love someone, you don’t need to know what other people plan to pursue what you needed.” Baekhyun flopped as he was twining an arm to Sehun’s edge. “You just go for it, or leave it.”

The paler nodded for a few, in advance of he raised the forefinger, signing another probe to the older.

“But, Kai is leaving, Baek…”

“He is, but…” it was the older’s turn to raise his own index. “He didn’t need to leave out of nowhere just to overcome his own feelings… For example, look at yourself,”

Sehun frowned for the reason he identified Baekhyun was aiming to make fun of him.

“Me? Seriously?”

“Yeah… Once you knew Sooj was not going to be with you, did you do such extreme departure to get over it?”

He simply was shaking his head, responding. “So, you were saying that Kai is stupid to do such thing?”

“Not pretty much was like that… However, I know people have their own thing to do what they feel needed to… Yet, if I was Kai, I won’t get over Suzy no matter where I am being… And as far as he goes away from her, it’ll torture him even more.”

Sehun curved a smirk of his thin lips, beholding at the older with a proud look.

“Now, I know why age does present your level of know-how.”

Baekhyun did hit him precisely to the head.

 

“Hey, guys…”

Baekhyun and Sehun turned their view to see Suzy, was fresh in her house clothing, showing a disc on her grip.

“Did any of you give this as my birthday gift? I found it slipped in between my dressing table and the wall…”

They exchanged looks at each other, before was confirming that none of them knew about the stuff. Then, she glanced to the still sleeping individual sprawled on the biggest couch.

“Maybe oppa made this for me?” she stared to what she had between her fingers. “Maybe he was recording something—“

“Well, I don’t think so…” Baekhyun snatched it from her clutch. “And if Yeol did record something, I believe you don’t want to see it… And it shouldn’t been delivered to you,” He chuckled. “Hold on, what did you receive from Kai?’

He gave it back to her.

“Just a huge photo collages he hung on my wall—“

“No, Kai did not spent months to only work on that,” Sehun was presently, musing over to some degree, in advance of he was squinting at the older. “Didn’t you say Kai had spent most of his time out of here and recently been busy editing something with his laptop?”

“I did say it, or you did snooping into his room?”

“Well, both is right, so—“ Sehun looked to the girl upfront. “I think it’s from Kai. Look, at this ty handwritten…”

She handed it to him, nevertheless.

“I need to tone down every little dose of thing about him, at least for now…”

She said as turning away, walking to the kitchen. Hitherto, Sehun had sneakily played it with an inaudible approval from Baekhyun, turning on the TV, maximized its volume and the rest of stuff.

“Hey, it’s me…”

Suzy couldn’t help herself to not paying attention to the huge screen, whereas she listened to the voice she longed so much and as Kai’s face has been displayed within.

 

Kai waved to the camera on hold, as he shifted the view to shoot his companion, and it was directing to his façade once more. It seemed that it was shot when the weather was warmer than the current fall, guessing from both the young men outfit and the warm sunrays included. Suzy gently was leaning to take seat in one of the armrests, fixing to the video.

“So,” he talked again toward the display. “At the time being, me and Taeyong are on our way to a café in his uni area, to meet someone I believe I need to explain something considering you… Phew— it took Taeyongie a few weeks of spying this individual, before I met her myself to confirm it… He even sacrificed one of his potential dates for this one, right, Taeyong-ah?”

The fine younger was directing a thumb to the camera as they both kept strolling on the pavement.

Suzy glimpsed to Baekhyun and then to Sehun, as she realized Chanyeol was beginning to open his big-sleepy-eyes next to the palest, before she focused on the TV yet again.

“Well, it does surely will be important for the sake of us…” Kai added.

“Hyung, let me hold it and remember we need to shoot it undercover.”

Taeyong spoke over, before the sight turned dark for a jiff, and then it switched to where the camera settled on a table with not too clear view, facing a young woman. Her hair was auburn-colored with bangs and her face gave the impression of attractive, even though seventy percent of the cover material was blurring the image.

“So, Taeyong-ah…”

Considering the way she was referring him, she definitely was coming from where these people had originated before moving to the city. And apparently Taeyong was by himself by then.

“You’re in your second year and I’m currently finishing thesis for my graduate school… How did you see me around again?”

“Uh,” the younger guy seemed nervous to answer. “I saw you for several times, writing lyrics at the park,”

“Did I turn you on by adding lines to your boring routine of painting some art?”

“Pardon??”

They all heard that Taeyong has choked on his beverage, catching the pick-up lines. In advance of Chanyeol created a dashing opening in not too early day.

“This chick should’ve met me instead of Taeyong… What a poor kid,”

Both Baekhyun and Sehun hushed him for them to carry on watching it.

“Taeyong-ah, hi!”

The watchers knew it was Kai’s voice, and they noticed the act he planned was not too believing considered that they probably had rehearsed it previously.

“Hey, hyung…”

Kai then chose to sit in between his cousin and the young woman crosswise, as not so long it looked as if Taeyong did moving the view to shoot the two of them.

“Hey, I know her!”

Sehun crashed a palm to shut Chanyeol’s big mouth, preventing him to break the two other focuses to the screen.

“You probably has expanded your reach of hitting on women up till ten more miles, but now please just shut your up.”

The older furrowed his brows, looking to his other two best friends, as the pale hand kept shutting his mouth through the rest of scene.

“Do I know you?”

The young woman was quite straightforward when she probed Kai without any chit-chat.

“I guess so…” the tanned guy replied. “I supposed we met at the club nearby—“

“Yeah, right… How could I forget a man who turned me down even when we were fooling around, not even the PG-rated stuff?”

“Really?”

Kai’s voice has been lightened up all of a sudden, as he adjusted it before resuming.

“Uh, so… Nothing really happened between us back then?”

“Yeah sure,” she answered, leaning in to Kai as he was pulling away. “Unless you want to make it happen, now? I got some spare time before my afternoon class…”

“Whoa… No, thanks.”

Kai was already on his feet as Taeyong moved the camera so that their faces wouldn’t be out of frame.

“How did I find you sprawled outside the ladies’s bathroom once again?”

Taeyong attempted to make sure once more as the lady was looking to his side.

“I kicked him out because he kept mentioning this particular girl’s name, started with an ‘S’, I don’t really remember… Wait,”

She directed to the rolling camera. “What is that red light blinking inside your bag?”

They pretty sure Kai was putting something to the table and it seemed like it was for their coffee bill.

“Thanks for your assistance!”

He briefly shook the perplexed young woman’s hand before was facing Taeyong.

“Did you get all of our conversation?”

“I guess so, hyung…”

“Good,” Kai mumbled. “Now, run, Taeyong-ah… Run!”

The video then blurred as Taeyong did what his hyung has ordered him.

 

The next scene displayed Kai and Taeyong, who were struggling to set the camera onto something, facing a bed. Supposing it was not a room they’ve been familiar of, and as the two even so wearing the same clothing, it must be in the younger’s place.

“Yo, Johnny!”

Taeyong called his roommate while still handing the cam.

“Man, can I borrow your tripod?” at that moment, he instructed the older to take seat on the bed. “Hyung, you just sit there ‘cause we’re runnin out of battery and we must shoot this one quick,”

They heard one other person was talking, assuming it was Johnny. Already the view set as the extra equipment helped it.

Kai, then, began speaking toward the camera.

“Hey, I hope you get what I was trying to explain with this video…”

He took some time to process what he planned to say,

“I know this might be won’t fix what we’ve gone through for these disastrous months, but… I just want you to know that I love you and I never did plan to hurt you… Not even once.”

He smiled before was waving toward.

“Happy birthday, Bae Suzy-ssi…”

“Man… Your cousin sure is one of the hopeless romantic guys I’ve ever known…”

“, the camera’s still recording—“

The last two were just an exchange between Johnny and Taeyong behind the scene, before it all stopped rolling.

 

Suzy took her coat as Sehun was trailing behind her to take off from the loft.

“Where are you going?”

“I need to see Taeyong and ask him where his hyung is… He knows, probably… He is, isn’t he?”

The pale hand patted Suzy’s crown as she answered yet questioned him short, and not before they were exiting the place, they wondered why the two olders were still in their same spots.

“Baek… Yeol… Are you coming with us?”

Asked the younger guy, by means of Chanyeol answered the existing oddity.

“You know what? That lady is who’s lately been playing hard to get to Baek… her name is Taeyeon,” it explained why he did earlier state that he knew her. “And Baek met her in this graduate students’ music club, I think… I did share the story to you guys before, huh?”

Suzy approached the silent petite buddy, as she was inclined to tap his knees on the couch.

“Baek, I’m sorry…”

“No, it’s okay, Sooj… It’s okay…”

Baekhyun glanced to his best-girl-friend, by way of started getting on his feet. He was set to join her search to the first destination came into the mind.

“We’ll figure things out together, won’t we?”

 

What a small world we live in, as we all may have thought then…

 


 

A/N: Will she find him at where she thought he will be?? *evil smirk activated*

 

And I expect some of you won't mind to see parts of these two...

 

 

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE COMMENTS 주세요!!!
And sorry to keep you guys waiting... ^.^v hope you enjoy this chapter!