Day Where The One Felt a Heartbreak

Days of Us
 
 

Suzy stuttered a bit here and there to deliver the speech after such introduction done by Mark then. Thankfully, he had not doing any stuff else other than that, or at least, it was all chanced simply on stage in front of so many people.

She perceived at the moment, the disappearing back of someone so familiar in between the speech and turn through the while. Had she wanted to pursue the certain soul, yet it was too late since she was also had some things to be done as one of the main hosts of the night. The gorgeous young lady had even almost tripped walking by the pumps and Mark was the one who held her, before he was taking her more to the secluded part in the veranda.

“You sure fancy some bold moves, huh?”

Mark’s signature chuckle came out as he was getting the irony from Suzy whilst there were just the two of them hanging out on the spot. He caught that she has crossed her arms, probably for the windy weather they quite had on the fall night— in advance of he being the gentleman he always was— enfolding his outer suit on her wrapped linen jumpsuit figure.

“You’re not too oblivious right now…” He said, raising an eyebrow. “I guess?”

She asked, “What do you want now, Mark?”

“I want to be your boyfriend…” He replied, leaning to the railings aside. “Was I not being bold enough?”

It caused her muse over inside the mind in which Mark had been patient to get her answer.

“So…”

He began again as she did not say a word for more than ten or fifteen minutes ahead.

“What is it on your mind, Suzy?”

It seemed like the ample time they had spent together has resulted the young man to read what was her thinking quite easily. It undoubtedly shown well through her tangled countenance. With her beaming eyes then, Suzy eyed the party she had quite fancy but no more than the best working partner she ever had.

“There’s just this one person keep lingering in my head…”

Mark simpered and still endeavoring, thus her response was actually clear to be counted as a rejection to his own.

“But, you’ve spent more than two months being on your own… Just like you said, you can’t forgive him because he cheated on you—“

Her bright stares turned into gloom once perceiving that sentence and he made it up in fairly seconds. Holding her hand then he did,

“Does it worth to stay by yourself? Or, don’t you want to try to do something rather new…and exciting?”

Suzy couldn’t lie to herself, for the reason, everything Mark stated was right. She didn’t even deny the fact, which the click she got whenever she was with him was something exceptional, she couldn’t get it from random people.

 

 

What was it makes my heart saying that he was still the only one?

 

—yet, the infidelity he had done was something I’m sure loathed the most…

 

 

She slightly shook her head and made up her mind quick. Not really be bothered of the pleading orbs from the opposite, whether it triggered the regret of what was she about to say next.

“I can’t, Mark… I’m sorry.”

Again, she shook her head although Mark was still steady keeping her fingers warm within his.

“I can…” She could see that there was hope inside his watches, nonetheless, “But, I don’t want to… Because I—”

“Because you still love Kai…”

He suddenly smiled and relieved her, which she curved her own lips edge by the next jiff.

“Yes, I do… Love him… No matter what.”

“No matter what?”

She gently nodded as Mark gave a peck to her crown afore releasing his hold. He shoved his hands to the formal trousers as she was carrying on.

“Maybe… I haven’t forget about the cheating part and I don’t know if I could…”

He cupped her chin so that she didn’t keep looking to the ground.

“Suzy… People made mistakes,” he snickered. “You and I are people—“

“I know that!”

She yelled kiddingly, and he patted her hair, continuing.

“And so is Kai… You know? That’s why we’ve been called ‘people’… Because sometimes we’ve done something we never meant to…”

“But, again… It’s all about my principle, Mark.”

She eventually had handing him the blazer, he took it with composure by locking their eyes together.

“I’ve said this to him… Out of everyone, he should know the best why I loathe it so much…”

Mark sighed, in advance of he made her wrapping one arm into his as they both were returning inside.

“I’ve done my best to let you know about my feelings… In any case, you should let Kai knows also about yours… And maybe let time answer what’s best for you both.”

“Thanks… It’s always been pleasure to work with you, anyways.”

He smiled again as Suzy gave a quick brush to the fine-looking’s cheek, before they hugged and then he granted her went to the remaining group of friends.

 

Suzy greeted Taeyong and Johnny who she had likewise invited, was joining the guys’ table when she noticed someone had rather missing from the bunch. She excused herself to the crew and guests, went back home with Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun not so well ahead.

It was approaching midnight when she and Baekhyun arrived at the accustomed building complex. The petite fellow knew there must be something rather difficult that caused the best girl friend held in reserve, to some extent for the rest of the party. He gave her a fitting embrace before they parted at each apartment’s entrance.

“Your birthday gifts are expecting in your loft.” Said Baekhyun considerably short.

 

She later found three-different-colored-and-sized box placed nicely on top of her bed. A smile curved on the edge of her roseate lips, though unwrapping it as she read the sweet birthday messages they had printed on each. Advancing the upshot of she obtained each of the upcoming winter, set clothing— a warm-pastel-muffler from Baekhyun, red beanie from Chanyeol and a posh coat that was so typical Sehun— which the three of them seemed agreed to buy it accordingly to her.

Hitherto, what she had seen while turning the sight to one of the utter wall at a side, was nothing but real object that made tears pooled on her orbs. A huge poster hung, nearly half size of the wall, it was a collage of mostly pictures— candid or not— containing herself, with some of it also included people that have brightened her days in a couple years back. A several much vivid portraits have formed a ‘사랑해’— read: saranghae— by its center. She didn’t even know of when and where exactly those have been taken. As one pure, written paper been stuck on the right corner of the frame. And then she read it;

 

 

Hey, I guess you know who is it by this ty handwritten of mine…

 

The first sentence had even made her giggle through the sincere feeling within.

 

It’s me, Kim Jongin, just in case you haven’t quite remember ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

If you find the birthday presents, whether those on your bed ‘cause the guys made me took it to your place FYI, and the one from me that’s on your wall then you must be had arriving safely in your room.

I’m sorry if I have misused the loft keys, which you still made me to keep it by the way…

And yeah, those pictures were taken (I guess) since the day 1 we have begun our not-so-friendly introduction back in Baek’s. I had this weird habit of randomly and candidly taking pictures of people around me, but mostly yours… (My apologize, 'cause you’re such a good sight to look at)

Bae Suzy, I only wish nothing but the best for your birthday…and I hope you like the present :)

Last but not least, I just want you to know that I love you so much…day by day… I have nothing to be grateful enough for the chance and days I have spent with you, as your best friend and as your boyfriend (once)

Even though not from the very first time we’ve known each other, but it eventually changed as I realized that I love you more than everything in this whole world, even until this very second I’ve been writing this letter. And I don’t think it’ll be gone easily, even if we should be really ending it…

 

May your days will be as brighter as the beautiful (& my favorite) smile of yours,

 

Yours truly,

Kim Jongin

 

 

Suzy glimpsed  to the wall clock to find that it was already passing twelve in midnight when she chose to go out— maybe to seek some fresh air, to clear up her mind— thus, she found Kai was sitting nearby her loft doorframe, on the flooring, and he stood up once the girl had went out from the place.

There was this awkward silence filled in between those two, as Kai had finally beginning to talk.

“Did you get all the presents?”

She merely nodded, confirming as observing his weary yet swollen eyes, wondering where he had been all night.

“Why don’t you just come in?”

She asked in its place whereas he steadily beholding with the darkened orbs.

“I’m not sure whether I would do this or not… But maybe, I should…”

He responded with the blank stares as Suzy had kept looking at him back.

“We should,”

She didn’t know why she felt somehow edgy with Kai’s low toned been emerging to the surface, henceforth she listened well to him, resuming.

“I want to really end things between us—“

Suzy then felt that her heart sunk and how she caught it was simply called as a heartbreak.

 

 


 

A/N:

*the writer is currently trying to hide behind Chanyeol's giant figure to avoid many hate comments*