Day When The One Was Too Persistent

Days of Us
 
 

“Kai, we are not in some kind of TV drama where you can be together by the end, even if you just sit around without trying to let her know what you actually feel.”

Baekhyun’s nag then kept flooding like a heavy, pouring rain came indeed by fall. It was a transition in between winter, and his exacting, yet sharp words felt so cold even to Kai that had known him well for years. Never did he noticed this side of the outspoken eldest, since the lines were in fact coming out from him mainly were put-ons. Even Sehun had almost had his jaw fallen, for the reason he was so stunned by what the petite pal preached to the seemed clueless Kai.

Baekhyun then started to told the tale when all of them began as mere strangers, before they were shortly becoming a simple group, of solid friends. Sehun was not excluded from the hasty narrative either, in which the older gave an example of someone who let the good thing slipped away from the support. It was because he kept holding onto something, that he didn’t know when or how it will be reaching the conclusion. He got his splendid face hit of a cushion thrown by the palest younger. He, then, recommenced with the main subject, which was none other the persistent-to-keep-being-friends-with-her, tanned one.

“You know, the flow you had is already excels of what most people ever could…” Baekhyun put his hands on the hips, resuming. “How can it be better more than to be the steady of your own best friend?”

Kai had also his side of defense although he was sort of stammered. “B-but, Baek—“

However, the older was then still carrying on.

“Hold up, ‘cause I’m not finished…” He raised a palm. “Did you know how hard it must be for Sehunnie to conceal his feelings since like forever, fairly because he knew that Sooj doesn’t even had the thought of him as what she contemplated much about you?”

“I’m fine, Baek… I’m fine.”

Sehun stated as he was leaning relaxedly on the single couch. Not objecting too much the concerned look from his friends, especially the one who had the same age as him.

“Kai, for me it’s all has gone by and now, please mind your own, selfless choice…” He casually spoke over. “But, to be honest, it has drained a lot of effort and time wasted from myself…”

“You really sure you want to go through what Sehunnie had for more than third quarter of his life?”

Baekhyun directed his talking once again to Kai.

“If Sehun could do it, then why couldn’t I?”

“If you still love her and so does she, then why couldn’t you two be together?” he also opposed. “Sehun didn’t go to that direction, because Sooj didn’t love him the way she loves you.”

Yah, Byun Baekhyun…” Sehun had impishly clapped his hands, in a good way of appreciation.

Baekhyun concluded. “You are so ing stubborn.”

Kai merely sighed as he thrown away his face since what Baekhyun expressed was mainly the right thing. Yet, his difficult character had once again had him driven.

“Just call me with whatever you want to,” answered him boldly. “I maybe am stubborn or even, highly selfish… But it is for the sake of my own self. I can’t lose her again, not even for one other time.”

“Okay, then… Are you ready to see her with someone else?”

Kai sighed of what Baekhyun had focused on him, earnestly.

“She can be with anyone she wants to be with…” Kai replied. “If he can make her happy then—“

“What if she fell for another jerk, say, like Kris?” The older inquired utterly.

There was a moment when Kai had fell to silence because Baekhyun pulled out some of the key weapons. He eyed to Sehun, as slightly was curving a triumphant formed on his lips. Kai, was then ready to come with another counteract, while he let a sigh out just before it.

“She’s a big girl and I know she exactly knows what to do... And what’s good and what is not… If it’s not, she will find out the way to leave the guy and seek for someone else.”

Kai had this small hope that the older would surrender as having the sneer fading away from his façade. However, Baekhyun still had some arguments to be vocalized over.

“How many ‘Kris’s she needs to face before she finally be able to settle with the right one? And, what if the rest are simply jerks like that?”

Baekhyun pointed out, as Sehun was nodding along with his arms crossed behind the eldest, facing the cornered and sulked Kai.

“Honestly, I can’t just let Sooj date that many s when I know… I mean, we all know… That she already had the right one right in front of her.”

Kai hissed as he witnessed Baekhyun kept looking at to Sehun to get pact. He began to doubt that they never were too fond of him when they were being like this.

“Then, why not one of you just date her?”

“Because she doesn’t love one of us the way she loves you!” Baekhyun had nearly screamed his lungs out when responding that. “It never was and will never be the same compared to you! Aisssh, jinjja!”

Sehun had likewise murmured. “ your ego, Kai.”

Yah,”

The youngest guy was a bit nervous because suddenly Baekhyun was pointing at him.

“I remember that day very long time ago, you’ve said the exact same thing… Which was and still pretty cool!”

Kai scoffed, dejectedly, truly not believing of how the two have teamed up to trigger him. He was crossing his arms, well ahead.

“Whatever, I still have Chanyeol to fill up my expectation…”

He grumbled and Baekhyun played along with the last sentence.

“Well, at least, I’m proud of Yeol because he’s not afraid to get rejected for the second time.”

“Chanyeol keeps trying, even though he knows he won’t be succeed…” added Sehun.

Kai raised an eyebrow, “Sehun-ah, don’t underestimate your own friend like that.”

Sehun pretended he did not hear anything Kai just spoken, as play-acting to be busy scrolling through his Instagram’s timeline. Kai, then frowned, before moving to get nearer to the slight younger as he fancied to get distant to the eldest by the time. He crashed in his not-too-skinny figure next to the thinner pal on the pad. Baekhyun was already marching back to the kitchen, rummaging on to some stuff inside the fridge.

“Sehun-ah… What are you looking at?”

“Pictures.”

Kai whined as he did not get why Sehun had swiftly turned into this icy self toward him.

“You were just okay before Baek came and attacked me—“

Sehun ogled to the buddy who was faking the puppy eyes very next to him.

“I won’t join him if he just carelessly been saying things, Kai.” He replied. “Everything he said was right, really, seriously on point.”

Kai nudged his dark crown to the younger’s brunette pate.

“Please don’t get back to it again, Sehun-ah… Jaebal.”

“Fine.”

He switched to the application when he could joint with Kai before they tuned in their favorite game on the phone. For more than thirty minutes, the younger guys’ duo had enjoyed their secluded time just before Sehun noticed that Baekhyun had by now remained in quite reserve. He nudged Kai’s elbow with his, to cause the friend observed the older who leaned onto the headrest by the settees they settled.

“Not you again.” Kai said as shifting his view to the phone screen once more.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, in advance of he was disclosing. “What if Chanyeol really gets rejected? Again?”

Kai was completely hated the way the elder had teasingly grinned at him by the moment. He turned to Sehun, who was in fact holding the chuckle he aimed to covered toward the tanned best friend. But, it appeared that Kai could not answer that one, he cussed inside and kind of worried what if what Baekhyun question did happen. He, himself, was not sure that anyone could be the best fit for her, except someone from their own range. In which, he could have jumped in to whenever she was having difficulties to face with one of them.

Kai was extremely bothered by the thought of it, and finally was in his right mind.

He chose lastly to get up from the sofa to snatch his own jumper, by means of going to the next building to make it, indeed, assured by himself.

 

“Bae…”

Chanyeol turned around when he was exiting Suzy’s loft after his attempt of spinning out time, unexpectedly wanting to have ramyeon even though his stomach had almost burst after the day’s feast. Having none other reason to stay, hitherto he couldn’t have mustered his will to confess after spending some alone time with the gorgeous girl.

Suzy smiled at the older’s cheery— yet, anxious— face, she couldn’t notice, as leaning her tired head to the opening door.

“Yes, oppa?” She warmly asked.

“Uh,” Again, Chanyeol had never felt this anxious after, maybe, a thousand of affirmations he had done to so many girls. “What are you doing tomorrow?”

He couldn’t comprehend why he switched the question into that.

“Um…” she brushed her own chin with her fingers. “I have a photo session from 1 until 6, I guess.”

“So, are you free for dinner after that? I’ll come to pick you up,”

Yah…” She shoved the grinning giant standing in front of her. “Why do you have to converse too much just for asking me to go for dinner?”

Chanyeol scratched his not-so-itchy-head afore resuming. “’Cause I want it to be some kind of date…?”

Suzy giggled as her naïve part of the cognizance could not sign of how nervous Chanyeol had at present.

“So, the guys won’t be joining us?”

Chanyeol’s big eyes have widened for the reason he didn’t want any of them— or particularly, just one— to ruin the occasion.

“Of course not.”

He answered short and quick.

“Okay.”

And so, did she. Her expression was still normal for nothing she sensed was strange of what he said.

Chanyeol nodded. “You know that I still like you, right?”

Suzy paused for a moment to make sure what she caught was never beyond the expected came from this one.

“I like you too, oppa.”

He understood what she replied had totally been the opposite of what he felt true by the time.

That was why he sighed, “It’s the opposite kind of like, Bae…”

“Are you attempting for a joke at me, right now?”

She mumbled, by way of Chanyeol cracked his husky sound of snicker. Suzy tried to pondered over his flickering orbs, hoping that she would find any pun lingered inside.

“No, I’m not kidding.”

He rustled her naturally smooth locks as continuing. “I like you for making me try to become a much better person.”

“Oppa, I think you need some rest and call it a night.”

Suzy furrowed her brows just before she struggled to reach Chanyeol’s forehead, in which he seized it and already was cupping her chin with his one other.

“How could you think that I’m joking about telling you my own feelings?”

Chanyeol smiled once more, and Suzy did not know what does it truly means. She couldn’t get it straight even up till the older had out of the blue leaning in, to gently pressed his lips into hers.

 

Kai was there for such time, perhaps when Chanyeol did ask Suzy to have rendezvous solely with him. He could feel that his head was abruptly groggy as he upheld his back to the corridor wall, whilst not requiring to behold further the kiss happened of both of his best friends. No matter how much he convinced himself that it was what he anticipated, partly was also reconsidering why did he ever talked about it earlier to Baekhyun and Sehun.

After seconds, he dragged his heavy feet without turning around once to see the view of Suzy and Chanyeol, as he decided quickly to leave the place. Kai was probably doing the best thing he had done the safest before, which all he could do was then running away.

 


 

A/N: Someone please give him a gentle slap to his face and wake him up :')

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xoxo,