Day When The One Needed Support

Days of Us
 
 

Let’s say, Baekhyun’s place had this some kind of energy to bring people together. It has presently proved of how the youngers were enjoying the rest of their night spending there. Baekhyun treated them as what he usually did to his group of friends, such as ordering pizza and drinking beers— likewise, laughing with Taeyong when Taehyung was convincing that Jungkook should be not taking it, even if he was already allowed to— considering was also by now, the gang was not in a very good state.

 

However, Baekhyun was sure that they would be fixing things up very soon.

 

Taeyong was absorbed with his one-on-one, intense poker battle with Taehyung— it was previously passing ten in the pm— when Jungkook, who was munching the last cheese bites had caught the same as what Baekhyun did from the room at the corner. It was a sound of some repetitive clang, practically twice or thrice, within its inner side.

“Did you hear that?”

Baekhyun glanced to the youngest across, amongst the other two who were still occupied with their own eye-to-eye competition on the table.

Jungkook turned around to shift his view, and then seeing the eldest again. “I thought I’m just hearing things, hyung…”

They both sure had those extra hearing sensibilities, since they would be depending on it for the rest of their time, dedicating to the music division.

Baekhyun didn’t waste much time to get up and headed to the thought room. Taeyong, realized that he was heading to Kai’s and that was why he told Taehyung to postpone their game.

“Oh my God, Kai!”

And he dashed right toward it once grasping the older was panicking and screaming when opening the door.

 

Baekhyun dropped his knees on the parqueting, as he refused to frightened further, finding Kai had collapsed near his bed edge. He quickly grabbed one of the tanned’s arms, whereas in a sec Taeyong came to assist one other afore getting him leaning to the wooden leg. His body had sweating, rigid yet was excessively trembling. They could see that the subject was trying to get his eyes opened, but it seemed challenging whilst he was having hitches to adjust in between the short breath.

Taeyong wrapped one of the older’s hand with his, and he took the time to put the crushed steel bed lamp back to its place.

Turned out, it was the stuff that dropped with the clangs, thankfully, heard by Baekhyun and Jungkook earlier.

On the other side, the petite older was clasping Kai’s head inside his torso, he could feel clearly that the younger was having some sort of cold flashes. He perceived Taehyung was examining the situation as soon as he was at the threshold and kneeled in front of Kai by a jiff. Tapping his sprawled feet then he did,

“He’s having a panic attack.” explained Taehyung.

Baekhyun was grateful that the cousin was taking his medical study very well.

“C-can I get something for him?”

Jungkook was jumpy when asking him by the shoulder.

“Just water, please…” he beheld, mischievous eyes turned solemnly at times like this. “In room temperature.”

The young man went straightaway to attain the said stuff from the kitchen.

“Should we take him to the hospital?”

Baekhyun had finally let the first sentence out as he fell in silent, right in the minute getting his best friend had such an abrupt attack. He was still steady keeping and holding Kai within his clasp nonetheless.

“Yes, if what we’re attempting is not working…”

Taehyung assisted Kai to swallow the glass of water handed by Jungkook, gently directing it to his quivering pale lips.

“Drink it in one go, hyung…”

He instructed, and Kai was apparently be able to get what people in surrounding communicated to him. The instant the glass has been emptied, Taehyung seized the broader shoulder in front straightaway. While Baekhyun was releasing his hold.

“Kai hyung, please don’t think too much… Just think of what makes you feel happy right now,”

And then he ordered Jungkook once more to get another glass of water.

 

“So, you know what to do if Kai hyung gets another attack…”

Taehyung said to his cousin when they were at the main doorway since he was about to Jungkook back to his place. He already was giving the entire details they need to know when facing such situation. Because no one had ever predicted when anyone was about to get it. And it also caused by many things, including heavy breathing, extreme heart beating, even up till the frequency of having smoke or caffeine. But a thing he was sure of, the other one that Kai just experienced was because of over-thinking, which in the end led him for being stressed, in his sleep.

“You know? They said, people could die because of sadness— ow!”

Taehyung stopped the babble when Baekhyun slapped the back of his head. Jungkook seemed agreeing of what the eldest did to the cousin.

“I’m speaking about the truth, hyung!” He glared at the shorter fellow at the side, who was snorting in advance of responding.

“But, this is not the right time to say it, Taehyung-ah…”

“Well,” he shrugged. “It’s totally not a hundred percent true though… Most people suffered under pressure, stressed, and when they suddenly had this panic attack, they didn’t have the proper knowledge of how to deal with it and that’s why…”

Baekhyun tried to hold in the laugh of perceiving Jungkook was literally shooting hearts through his eyes, whenever the-actual-super-brainy ­Taehyung was back into this state of his.

“What so funny, hyung?” the younger deadpanned as realizing that the older has not listening to him very well.

“No, nothing…”

“Okay… And then, take note to help Kai hyung not forcing of breathing too much and that’s why again, he needs a lot of water to support opening the respirational— hyung!”

His yell had actually snapped Jungkook out from his thoughts and has made Baekhyun cracked even much more than the previous.

“I’m sorry, Taehyung-ah…” the outspoken tried to arrange the inhalation, subsequent to his guffaw. “You were saying?”

Taehyung crossed his arms, sneering yet he began again.

“Because if he is forcing to, it’ll clog the flow to cause the heart stopped pumping the bloodstream, understood?”

Baekhyun showed both of his thumbs to the younger. Getting proud and pleased when he was watching the two of them walking en route to the stairs.

“Can you just go home by yourself, Kook? I’ll walk you downstairs still, it’s almost midnight—“

Yah, Kim Taehyung!”

Baekhyun leaned to the doorframe, all set to nag on the more nagging cousin other than himself. He knew Taehyung did it only toward the person, in point of fact, the one that he cared the most.

“That’s not how you treat someone who had been here back and forth for you since this morning!”

Jungkook turned around to see him as he was showing his bunny teeth, smiling and waved to the older. “Thanks, hyung!”

Taehyung simply rolled his eyes, prior of pulling one of Jungkook’s hand and soon both back views faded from Baekhyun sight.

 

Taeyong stayed, persistently, close to Kai as he knew what has been taking in the older and he never left his side ever since. At that time, Baekhyun was accompanying his cousin and Jungkook, leaving the apartment. And then it was when Tayeong felt that Kai’s hand— which he had been keeping close-fitting— started to move slightly on the bed.

“Hyung,” he called, rubbing his knuckles to provide warmth beneath the skin. “Can you hear me?”

 

At the moment Kai was eventually disclosing his view, he could see the younger’s terrified— close to crying— face and he hadn’t see it since the last time he picked up the mid-schooler Taeyong near the park back at their hometown. He was scared by then, to his parents, because he was failing at his school subjects and they wouldn’t be letting him to enroll the art school, except he had maintaining the other field with above excellent grades as well. Kai was the only one who could persuade the younger to go home at last.

 

And he taught him that none of the obstacles in life will be given if we were couldn’t get through it no matter how and when. Plus, we should’ve strived to the upmost to get what we aspired.

 

Taeyong would still recalled that day clearly in his head and how much he wanted to be like his Kai hyung more when he grow up.

 

“You’re still here, Taeyong-ah…”

It actually broke Taeyong’s core of hearing his hyung frail voice. Kai struggled to fixed stare at him steadily.

He returned with an intent look, “Of course I’m still here even when the whole world turned out is hating you, hyung…”

The older chuckled, as weak as it was possibly could be hear. Taeyong assisted him to get reclined on the bed, leaning to the backrest.

“I was expecting to get the answer of why you’re not home yet…”

He smiled to the younger, which has made Taeyong’s concerned face has gotten a bit eased.

Baekhyun came in a minute later, snatching all the cigarette packs he could find in the younger’s storing.

“And no caffeine for you, at least for one month ahead.”

He firmly stated, before securing a spot on the edge of Kai’s bed, crosswise Taeyong, encircling the patient.

“And why is that for?” the tanned asked, blandly.

“Kai, please… You made all of us worried of what happened an hour ago and it looked very painful even for us who was not getting through it…” Baekhyun heaved a sigh afore resuming. “Well, I’ll leave this back to you, then… Do you want to get that attack for another time?”

Kai shook his head, perceiving Baekhyun had never beholding in such entreating watches. It was sort of causing him felt another guilt arising within.

“What are you thinking right now?”

Baekhyun questioned as he adjusted his seat to be more comfy and Taeyong was kind of doing the same, facing the older.

Kai lowered his head, “I just feel sorry…”

“Don’t be.” The eldest turned to see Taeyong has intensified his stare once more and then returning to Kai. “Let’s just think about some happy thoughts, shall we?”

Grinning at him, he felt like the entire anger he wanted to spill at Kai has vanished. It really was the younger’s fault of wasting his chance to be with Suzy. But then again, Baekhyun knew, Kai didn’t deserve all the hatreds to be put up by himself, since he was moreover one of his best friends.

“So, what are those?”

Baekhyun recommenced of intending Kai assembled some of the worthy recollections to fill his mind.

Taking quite a deep breath, the younger was answering.

“I was thinking about all the good times I had with all of you,” he shifted glance to Taeyong on his left. “Also when we were used to play a lot back home, Taeyong-ah…”

Both Baekhyun and Taeyong were nodding eagerly to listening of his response further.

Subsequently, Kai expressed. “Likewise the moment when I was still be able to make her happy—“

 


 

The morning after,

 

Bacon Lover                       : Morning kiddos

Bacon Lover                       : Anyone planning to have breakfast in my place?

Bacon Lover                       : I’ve made some fried rice from the Kimchi eomma sent last week

Bacon Lover                       : bet you guys would love it

ohbubble                            : Present baek

ohbubble                            : will be there after I get this idiot chanyeol up from the hangover

Bacon Lover                       : YAH

Bacon Lover                       : What did u guys do last night?

Bacon Lover                       : Better get him up fast b4 a woman alleged him as the father of a child

Chanyeol_is_Real             : u little im not drunk DUH

ohbubble                            : Then lets go what took u so long washing up

 

 

At the other location quite faraway

 

Suzy let a giggle out when reading the chat from her group of friends. She put the phone back on the board to finished having her breakfast. Mark came at the point to join her on the table, in rather next few whiles.

“Morning,”

The young man took seat across the beautiful young lady who was playing with the berries on her plate.

Her strange action was causing him frowned at her, afore questioning, “The guys said you were arriving last night and why did I see you just now?”

“They said to me that you were busy adjusting some of the script.”

Suzy answered as putting the fork, pushing away the fruit platters.

He stared at her while swallowing the sunny side up. “What’s with your face?”

“I’m sorry, what?”

She asked, whereas he pointed with the cutlery on his hold as reply.

In advance of pick up, “You’re face is saying that you haven’t fixed things as what you supposed to do when you were back

Suzy smirked at him before was gulping her apple juice. Crossing her arms onto the surface, she pore over the work partner who surely was able to understand her even without provided by the details.

“I kinda just broke up instead…”

Mark had nearly choked with the food as he was reaching for the mineral water.

“You what??”

Suzy rested her chin on a support, sighing when Mark was later demanding to tell the whole behind the story.

 


 

A/N: In my opinion... Kai & Taeyong's brotherhood stands out the most in this chapter <3<3

  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I just wanna share some things about the panic attack... Because I  was writing it based on personal experience.
And it was scary, really... I even had struggling to get on my house terrace when I was experiencing the attack while being home quite late from the uni. Thankfully, my friend was driving and my mom was there already. Then the first thing to be done was to get me to the ICU a.s.a.p. and they did give an extra oxygen tank to help the breathing.
Other than that, my sister underwent it too— even worse than what written in Kai's state, because she had fainted— and what i wrote for dealing with it was actually what the internist have told us.
It really is depends the most with the 'Happy Thoughts' since my sister did not smoke and addicted to caffeine— as i am— and she was in fact had it even more severe than myself.
And water has been proved to be the most effective to help you breathe normally as well. (as in Taehyung's lines)
 
Hope what i tell you could be useful when getting it out of the blue and let's not forget to keep the HAPPY THOUGHTS all around ^.^v