Day Where The One Was Too Obstinate

Days of Us
 
 

Baekhyun was just got home after buying some groceries for a quite dinner he should prepared later for the night. He peeped to his housemate room in that one afternoon, as he observed Kai was putting one of his arm to enclose his eyes, lying on the bed. The scattered packs of candy bars and chips were been placed surrounding the younger’s desk and mattress, whereas he picked it up one by one.

Yah… Skipping class again? It’s been two days, arbitrary, since Monday…”

He sat on the edge of the bed when Kai noticed he was not alone anymore in the place.

“Oh, Baek…” He got up as fixing a spot to face the older. Rubbing his not-so-sleepy eyes, then he surely was facing Baekhyun with the remained gloomy expression.

“Come on, Kai…” The petite arm twined around the broad shoulder. “It’s not literally a break-up—“

“Unless, I was the one who stated it.” He blatantly expressed, somehow was deriding himself.

“You never was a person who, ever, had mull over too much after breaking up—“

Once more, Baekhyun got his line cut by Kai’s utterly serious countenance. He took back the words as understanding the stare from the tanned younger.

He carried on, “Well, if you don’t want to, then… Just call her.” Baekhyun adjusted his speaking tone. “Because Sooj called me this morning…”

“What did she say?” Kai asked.

“Um, just asking what am I doing, and something, something…”

“Something like what?”

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, as he mischievously poked Kai’s raven-head with his forefinger. “Just say it if you’re curious of she did ask you or not.”

“No, I’m not.” Kai chortled, although Baekhyun did sense it has being faked.

“She did ask about everyone, in general… But, not mentioning your name straight—“

“Alright, then…” He retorted for a substitute, “I guess I’m y, free and single—“

Yah!” the older then raised his already high voice even higher than normally. “This is not how you deal with something you know you want more than anything…”

Kai simply gazed at Baekhyun, since he did not really buy the lines as much as he did.

“Kai,” Baekhyun got his fingers tighter to the younger’s nape. He could feel his breath, whooshing through the side neck.

“Baek, I seriously just an inch to hit you if you get any closer than this,”

He received a smack from the tiny hand in its place.

“Ow!”

But then, both of them let their guffaw drifted within the space.

“My cousin will come and staying here for a few days, that’s why I’ll prepare dinner… Yeol and Sehunnie will be here also later.” Baekhyun said as standing on his feet, afore exiting the room. “Help me cooking the meal, will you?”

Kai smirked. “And that’s why you visit my room, huh?” As he had gotten up in addition.

 

Sehun— as usual, probably the busiest man in the planet— arrived the latest when the three older guys were finishing up to get the meal done. Folding his— posh— shirt sleeve in advance of touching the meatloaf, Baekhyun had hit the pale hand with the ladle on his grip.

Oh God… I’m starving…”

The youngest guy sulked on the chair, whereas two others began taking sits, adjoining him.

“Baek’s cuz is not arrived, yet…” Kai spoke and Sehun gazed at him, before was putting a palm on his forehead. In which, the slight older barely eyed him.

“I’m glad to hear your voice, again.” He, then, was embracing the much tanner guy beside.

“Did I was that pathetic?”

He asked to the neighboring giant, who was delighted to see the two youngers affection.

“Yeah, in these last eight days,” Chanyeol looked over his wristwatch. “To be exact.”

Sehun recommenced whilst releasing the squeeze. “Pretty much as when Suzy left to Seoul—“

“Lalalalalalala—“ Kai chanted by closing both his ears. He clearly didn’t want to recall the memory. He disclose the grip in a mere minute well along. “I was so stupid…”

“Just. Call. Her!”

They all exclaimed in unison, by Baekhyun joined the pair of two, sitting next to him.

“If you’re waiting her to do so, then you’ll be wasting your time…” Sehun resumed. “You know, she never forfeited doing anything, especially when she knows it was not totally her fault.”

“It was… At least, partial from it.” Kai expounded with a gesture.

Sehun reacted simply by playing with the fork on the table.

Looking to the other side, Kai realized Baekhyun also had something to say.

“What?”

“Nothing.” He sassily answered, whereas the younger shifted to the giant.

“Bae is…quite had this strong personality and so do you—“

Chanyeol received a high-five from the petite buddy for explaining it.

“If none of you started to, at least, call one another… I don’t think you two will be behaving as normal, even when this month has later passed and so on.”

“But, I did let her go in a very wrong time.”

“What made you think of that?” Sehun questioned the pal more.

“Um…” Kai could not letting off from Sehun’s icy contemplation, and the two olders were seemed agreeing for him to proceed.

“I did say the wrong stuff to her, and then the next day, she went with Mark,”

“Goddamn it, Kai…” The oldest spoken. “What is it that make you suspecting her cheating with the guy so much? What’s your basic for assuming it? I don't get you this time, really.”

“I don’t know Baek, I—“

“Sorry Kai, but, as you say… Then, don’t blame her if Mark was there, when she needs a place to whine about this matter the most.”

The tanned guy was stunned for the last Chanyeol took the chance to give his opinion outright.

 

Their discussion then being halted because of the sound of the place’s buzzer.

“There he is…”

Baekhyun mumbled when marching to press the button.

“Come in,” he called through it.

“Baek, what’s your cousin’s name again?” Sehun questioned.

He responded, “Kim Taehyung.”

 

“Hyung!”

There was this cheery, lively— skinny, but taller than Baekhyun and seemed younger guy than everyone else in the room— entered with full of energy and leaping directly to hug the outspoken once was rustling his blonde locks. He even dropped the suitcase as was almost hopping to be carried by the older.

“I miss you, hyung!”

Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun chuckled seeing the petite pal became almost weary while dragging the excited fellow to the dining area.

“Seems like much more energetic than Baek, right?”

“I think so…”

Sehun responded short to Chanyeol as Kai was nodding along.

“Come, meet the hyungs…”

Baekhyun said to the cousin when they were facing the three other guys.

Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Taehyung-imnida!”

He bowed practically ninety degrees afore was spotting someone quite familiar. “Chanyeol hyung, is it?”

“How are you, Taehyung-ah?” Chanyeol got up from his seat to squeeze the younger at that point.

 

Indeed, he had met Taehyung from his first trip to the city when both of them was still freshmen in the university, a few years back. Their dinner went along thenceforward, with the lively Taehyung kept telling jokes along with the prankster duo, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. And somewhere in between, Kai kept chewing over his problem with Sehun, more or less, unenthusiastically listening.

 

“So, Taehyung-ah… What made you come here as for now?”

Sehun inquired the younger when they were eating the tarts Baekhyun previously bought in the afternoon.

“Well, my friend—“

Tch,” Baekhyun snorted, overlapping the cousin. “Your friend?”

“Shut up, hyung…” He playfully thrown the crumble at the connecting older. Then, was regarding at the palest once more. “I have a friend, well— we’ve known each other since like forever… Well, he, uh… He just get in to this same music major as Baek hyung did, like a decade ago—“

Yah!” Baekhyun snatched the chocolate piece from Taehyung’s plate. “I’m not that old!”

All five of them, then and there, laughed at the put-on. As Baekhyun was carrying on.

Uri Taehyung had this friend, Jeon Jungkook,” he cheekily eyed the youngest guy in the room. “Or best friend, whatever he likes to refer the kid... And I wonder… Jungkookie is the one who’s enrolling, then why you should also coming to this city with him? Did you’re not having your own classes as well back at home?”

“First of all, hyung…” Taehyung answered with his mouth full of the bites. “It’s only me that allowed to call him with that… And…” He swallowed afore was continuing. “Kookie asked if I could spend some more time with him before he will be starting the first year, getting all busy, and I should be focusing to my college back in Seoul… Then why not? I can freely requested to leave for a week, with my good grades—”

“So, this Jungkook is your boyfriend?”

Chanyeol asked whilst Sehun almost spurted the orange juice he currently gobbling up.

“Why, Sehunnie?” the giant ogled at him. “Did you miss the time when we were like that?”

Baekhyun and Kai had constantly laughing out loud of catching the sudden reminiscence, which Sehun did not want to remember the most. And the clueless , unaffected Taehyung began his justification.

“No, hyung… It’s not like that— hold on, so you and Sehun hyung was…?”

Baekhyun soon was clarifying things up before Sehun has been on track to get mad far ahead. For the reason that both Chanyeol and Kai had nearly fell from their chairs for the excessive laugh.

 

“That’s it, I’m gonna call her,”

Kai had stand on his feet, in advance to move and raiding the center couch.

Chanyeol and Sehun beheld each other at the time,

“You owe me a hundred bucks.” The older uttered, opening his one palm to the pale buddy.

Pretending to not knowing anything, the younger then folded his hands upon the torso. “What?”

“You said he’s going to do it at least tomorrow, but I said tonight,”

Sehun rolled his eyes prior to doing the cleaning chores appointed by Baekhyun for not helping his cook preparation.

 

“H-hey…”

Kai was absolutely nervous when he was getting Suzy, picking up his call.

“Did I bother you?”

No.” Answered from the other line, short.

“Uh… What are you doing?”

It was awkward for two people who were— more or less— still in a relationship and not having to contact each other for more than a week.

Just resting…

There was a pause as Kai hoped her to ask him back.

You?”

Even people from the kitchen area could see him almost jumping off the couch before slumping to rest on the hand pad.

“I’m just finished having dinner with the guys and Baek’s cousin.”

And why do you call me?”

Suzy was definitely had this strong personality just like Chanyeol stated.

“I didn’t mean what I say—“

Kai watched around to observe Baekhyun and Chanyeol, apparently, had moved their seaters getting nearer to the living space. But then, he talked over to the phone call without bothering the snooping pair.

“I… I need to see you, if we can—“

Kai’s lines got hold when he heard someone was talking to the girl, over the line.

Hey, do you want to eat the last spring roll?”

He knew whose sound exactly it was.

“Is that Mark?” He muttered, with his voice abruptly turned lower and cold.

Yeah, we’re having a breakAll of us—”

“Then, don’t call me.”

He stated, by hatred full within the speaking tone.

Excuse me, aren’t you the one who called?

“Yeah, but I don’t see what’s the point to!”

At that moment, Kai thrown his iPhone to the coffee table once he was hanging up.

 


 

A/N: Shoutout to my favorite AB character— my ball of sunshine— who will linger with us till the next couple chapters <3

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

This chapter is intended to Mr. Byun Baekhyun's early birthday...

 

 

And as well for myself :P

 

HAPPY READING and don't forget to comment!

xoxo,