Day Where One Has A Perspective

Days of Us
 
 

A/N: I think about of I haven't included pretty much Suzy's outlook in this story and so, this will be the one part from her POV which I hope you won't mind :)

 

“Why did you choose me of all people?”

 

His sudden question was stuck inside my head. I looked into his deep and dark eyes, the pair which sure had terrific effect on mine and I always kept the recollection on my own— the one that will always have mesmerized me. I brushed some of his fallen hair then, after I get dressed back into my outfits. I gazed at him once more, didn’t know how to thank the universe, so much, that we finally got back together.

He was— literally— rolled over the bed just to grab his pajama pants. Which was why I laughed when he beheld me with the innocence, he had somehow within his sharply defined external. Didn’t know why, not many people could recognize it from his intense orbs. You know what, he was such a child at heart from time to time. Especially when he was being whiny toward myself, such as this while.

“Babe, why haven’t you answered my question?”

He asked again, when we were already at Baek’s dining area as I was preparing the plate and cutleries for his late Christmas dinner. It was still the two of us in the place, whereas Baek, Oppa and Sehun seemed did not planning to have returned soon.

I didn’t think he ever had his eyes away from mine, as he sat on one of the chairs by my side.

“Do you really want to know my answer?”

I inquired him when he finished by now, half of the meatloaf served and he nodded at me with eagerness. I couldn’t help myself to reminisced some things that I never thought I would have it then.

 


 

I met Sehun when we were both five-year-old— as far as I could remember— since our families have known each other through our grandparents. Both of our fathers were good friends— who happened to be in the same college— and have been associates as well. By means, my dad and his have led a suffered company until they made it as one of the most well-known in our country on these days. I guess it was written from each of our living book, which we should have destined to know each other when were still in our mothers’ wombs.

Sehun has never been that one annoying boy, every girl had met once in their childhood. He never even snatched one of my toys and later caused me crying. Neither he ever did that to the others, likewise I had put him within my supervision. He had always selected as the model student of our school, as I was not-too-opposing, but I never was my teachers’ favorite such as him.

One thing for sure, above all his exactness in school, Sehun would be there for me at all times. I remembered when my parents chose to registered their daughter to an all-girl-middle-school— to have me mastered some of the sophisticated demeanor, they said— he did have visited me in every weekend. Still, when I said to him that he didn’t need to, he would always be there at my old school gate in each of my Saturday morning, for three consecutive years.

In any case, I recalled him shielding me when we were in high school— as I have retreated in town, and we both enrolled to the same place— as some of my past boyfriends were being a total . All the more so, his shoulder was my sole place to cry right after someone dumped me— from the time we were just freshmen up till the senior year. He used to encourage myself and said;

“You know, you can get every man you want in this planet, Suzy-yah… Don’t waste your tears just for one of them who chose to be a complete idiot for dumping you.”

I would be fully revived and had my chin up, whenever he has finished stating it. We used to have our alone time after school and no wonder why many girls envied me to be closest to him.

Did I have talked about how dashing he was growing up?

Sehun never was a bad-looking kid himself. He was born with nearly perfect features, tall figure also nice skin and hair, which have full-fledged into precision when we were about sixteen. More than a half of my thoughtless exes were accusing me dating my own best friend, when I caught them cheating on me. I have impulsively punched some of them, right in their face, when I listened to their inconsiderate blame.

It was not that different when it came to Sehun’s own dating story. It was like eighty percent of the girl he dated were jealous of me and the rest was cursing my existence. In the end, both of us have made a pact, in which we could not date someone who could not deal with the intimacy we had ever since we were kids.

For your information, I have thought about marrying Sehun once or twice, if I kept failed on dating too many jerks. Eventually, there was a day when I knew he had felt something else. After all these times, I could never predict Sehun would had that for me.

Even though, there were times I used to get frustrated at myself, because I could not see him in the way every girl had probably did.

 

It was always my dream and Sehun’s to live in this country, and it has thrilled both of us when we were preparing to move here for the uni. Sehun was actually kept looking forward the day he was going to leave his household, since he never had that close relationship with his own family. Quite contrasting my own, because my father had always spare his time for my mother, me and my brother every week. As well as my mother chose to be a housewife and take care of her children. Unlikely Sehun’s, who was a leading pastry chef back in our hometown, not too distinct compared to her renowned entrepreneur husband.

Sehun and I spent our first three years being in each different coast. And then, he moved when he signed up for the law school not too far my side— after he attained his bachelor degree in not more than three years. Just when we thought we were going to used up our next days only the two of us in our little circle, that was when we met some additional to make it bigger, well along.

 

Chanyeol oppa sure had the perfect impression— of my own— when I saw him for the first time.

He was tall compared to most of the guys I’ve met in my whole life. He also had such fine features that resulted his face to be very handsome and I never had bored of staring at him, ever. And don’t make me started explaining about his deep voice, which most of you would’ve never jaded to hear until you fell asleep.

I could never lie to myself, as I knew I liked him straightaway from the moment we met at our uni’s library. I still remembered perfectly when he spoke to me, asking about one of my favorite authors, which was when I could experience another butterfly inside my stomach. I was already dating someone— yet again, another jerk— by that time, and I’ve been discerned it was wrong to have feelings for someone else. However, I discovered that oppa was someone who could not have a fixed relationship and I sensed a downturn toward that one.

Chanyeol oppa had this specific forte for music— he has cherished it more than anything— which was his only craving for life. In addition to, when he conversed about it to somebody, you could feel he was being so enthusiastic and genuine about it. I could call that as one of his added value, since it was not so often to meet someone who you knew, had loved something so passionately.

It was a total bonus for his superior, fine-looking façade.

Besides, oppa also had this carefree personality. It was not only Sehun, who learnt to have to be more lighthearted in his serious and well-organized lifecycle; because he had that same effect to me, too.

As the time went by, I have learnt that oppa could be seriously had feelings toward someone, and I must’ve admitted I have no clue when he turned out was having it for myself. I went for a date with him not only once, nevertheless, he realized that he could not see me as a girlfriend— when we have kissed and at the end, we both saw it as an overall failure.

You know what, you just can’t have the absolute perfection in this one life you got to live on.

 

When speaking about Chanyeol oppa, there must be someone that I could not left behind the piece. Probably the one I should call my bestest friend slash mother hen, in term of whom always had me on his back. For the reason that, having one Byun Baekhyun in your one lifetime would be more than enough. But, you can’t not have him, since it would be a total waste and there’s no guarantee you would meet another him for one other time.

Sometimes I still thought once oppa said that he was rejecting Baek’s company when they encountered in their first year of college. I had the idea of he would totally regret the time he realized he must’ve had missed one of the best bids— equipped with excessive noise and clinginess— which had the upshot of overly longed for the one and only Byun Baekhyun.

Considered Baek's another trait of loyalty and being trustworthy, also everyone could identify when they know Baek was defending since you were one of his best friends. Even the entire world he would give you if he could.

Baek didn’t give me the typical impression— of course, as other people would— because he did not try to cover, even his total frankness when I first met him. Baek was the type of person who always showed his true nature and did not expect everyone to like him for being himself.

Just like his best friend, Baek enrolled to the uni for his passion of music. Dissimilar to oppa who was focusing to the instrumental, Baek was more to the singer in the group and he had a very nice voice even as simply humming when doing the dishes in kitchen.

It has resembled to the time when he and I had an impromptu performance to sing a song, and it was probably one of the best night out I ever had.

Every so often, Baek would acted adorable since he’s the one who was able to. I have approved, back in the early times I’ve known him, I had some daze because I just want to directly hug him and pinch his cheeks whenever he was doing it.

But then again, Baek had never fulfilled my preference as a guy since the beginning and I was pretty happy because I could have befriended him faster than anyone else.

 

Back at when Baek, oppa, Sehun and I were at the adjoining apartment, it was when the last addition has arrived at the place. At that very moment I knew, he would be the most troublesome with regard to my own self.

 

Kim Jongin or Kai, as we caught he had said it for his given name. To be honest, I somehow fancied to refer him with that, since I have found it distinctly attractive, yet not the person himself at the foremost time. He has been so indifferent ever since we came upon, and never had we spent our days in harmony, very well said in the first year.

It was by the next week I have known all of them, and I had to spent a daybreak with the most irritating being I’ve been aware of. I didn’t know why we could not stay at peace in the first place, but, as the time went by I understood he was not as bad as what I think of him since the whole lot has commenced.

Perhaps it started when I valued that he— actually— cared about me, despite him being apathetic and uninterested, especially toward everything that I did. It was when he looked after me and slammed Kris right to the ground, as well as he kind of soothed me afterwards. Later, things seemed went accordingly as well ahead.

Should I go back to where I caught him free dancing from my window to the one on his place?

He was so appealing, actually, when he was so shocked and flustered that someone had took notice. Even I used to threaten him to reveal his twirling secret whereas the guys would be clueless about. However, I didn’t think that was the reason why I felt like something had dragged me toward him and by the end, I developed a thing that myself did not fully understand.

He and I were frequently have bickered for almost everything we faced during those days. Even the guys would root to see us in an argument for each day, because it was sort of entertaining for them. And again, it was the thin line between acute dislike and love that somehow would turned someone’s world upside down. It was why I was on track of missing my bickering partner whenever he wasn’t around me. It was the extreme irritation he caused at me that in some way around, has made me cared for him a bit more than everyone else.

Thinking about when I started to be fond of how he would be smirking slyly, whenever something has amused him. He was the kind who strived to be cool and composed, especially toward people that he just gets to know. However, when he felt like he could be close to a certain individual, he would show his real whiny self, whereas I have also found it cute. In which, likewise, was one of his diverse enchants.

He surely wasn’t the type who will amazed me with his ungodly physique, or even overly charming personality.

 

But, why should him of all people?

Didn’t even know precisely myself, when it came to that question.

 

Maybe just because I loved him for keeping the way as he was. Or else, I don’t need him to be what other people ever tried to be.

Perhaps it was as simple as my feeling has remained for him, hence also how imperfectly perfect he had matched to myself.

 


 

I looked at him, steadily supporting my chin on a palm over the table. “I love you for being you… I just can’t find it in someone else and I don’t think anyone could ever do so.”

He hummed to some extent, and then had put the glass to the surface after he gulped all its contain. He had that thinking face, which I knew he did not approved my answer just like that.

“Speaking about a few faultless men, I could look after them by the street right now.”

I giggled when I heard his complaint before he was glaring, crossing his arms to throw his mad face at me. Another big laugh was being aggressive to come out of my mouth, I attempted to keep it down because I didn’t want his face to be covered by full frown.

Then, I spoke playfully at him. “You’re just being a bit pampered today and I totally have found it cute. I want to see more of this side of yours for the upcoming days,”

“You dare to say what?”

Oh, I forgot to tell that somehow he couldn’t stand people who called him cute, adorable, or whatever in the neighborhood.

“I’m totally not that type, babe… You should’ve known me better.” he continued.

Rolling his eyes then he shortly did, before he went after me. I couldn’t do anything much since I was trapped in my solid chair when he seized me with his both arms. He kept telling me to repeat what I just said and when I did, he would leave trace of pats— with his lips— from my collar until practically my whole face, which it has tickled a lot.

I opened my eyes when he eventually had slowed it down and put my hands to squeeze his face then. I took in my recall, of the last time I was be able to do this, as I drew every little detail about his features. I really loved what I was currently beholding in front of me and could not be thankful enough that I could keep him once again in my hold.

 

“Babe,” he called me when we were both lounging at the biggest couch in the center space. I gazed at him as I straighten my head, before was resting under his. “Consider you have done it completely with Yeol…”

Alright, I didn’t know where was this conversation would be going on. I thought he ought to have overlooked it quickly, as well as I am all his now.

“What about you also do that some kind of closure with Baek, or even Sehun?”

I furrowed my brows as I was keep looking at him, to gesture that he should be clear about what he was conversing.

“That’s not something a boyfriend, especially someone like you, should have ever suggest his girlfriend to do.” I spoke while encircling my finger on his shirt. And then, I stared again at him. “You’re not messing with me right now, huh?”

He shook his head before was kissing my forehead. “I’m just thinking about people who had certain feeling of you, maybe for a very long time… And I just want to make sure that they’re all clear about what you feel toward them,”

I barely had the time to blink when he carried on to his next sentence.

“Do you want to go for a last date with each of them?”

In which made me realized that he might have lose his mind within all the confusion.

 


 

A/N:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What else do you want, Kai?