Day Where The One Feels The Same

Days of Us
 
 

Chanyeol’s birthday had finally gathered all of them together. Said Kai even was back because he never missed any of his best friend’s birthday. Yet, the highlight of the day might be of how unpleasant Chanyeol could be to the tanned younger as he did not want his presence to ruin any chance he might get of keeping his feelings for Suzy.

It wasn’t that Chanyeol did not want to go all the way to be more than her best friend slash ‘oppa’. He merely felt like it was too soon for her of getting a newfound romantic interest, when she was recently just had the whole breaking up thing with Kai. But then, the said person was coming then he appeared to be ruining the mood— maybe, only for Chanyeol— precisely on his special day.

However, since the giant’s day was alongside with part of the biggest holidays— Thanksgiving— then it wouldn’t allow any of them to be mean at each other and killing off such festivity.

 

They’ve been sitting, clock wisely— Chanyeol, Suzy, Baekhyun, Sehun and Kai— as the petite one was being the center seater of having the role of the eldest, and so he led them beginning their night’s feast.

“Baek, where’s the normal mashed potato you usually made for dinner?” Kai asked, blankly, when knowing that one of his favorite dishes was not there on the dining table.

“Ah…” Baekhyun answered while taking a serving dish which contained its substitute. “Sooj and I were making this sweet potato instead.”

He put it about a whole huge ladle to the younger’s plate, without realizing Kai had his countenance altered. A bit repulsed.

Wae? You never have fancied sweet potato, huh?” Suzy questioned, tried to hold back her giggle, crossways at him.

Kai stopped playing with the food and fork on his grip.

“None of us know that you will be coming today,” Chanyeol added, smirking to his side with the only girl. “It’s not Bae’s fault to cooked that because she didn’t know.”

Kai scoffed, “Yah… I’m okay, who said I don’t like sweet potato… I like the bright orange color rather than the pale, yellow one…”

He then devoured on it, a little rushing. As in next seconds his face turned red and he quickly seek for a thirst-quencher.

Thankfully, Sehun has handed his glass swift.

“Sehun-ah! Not a ing red wine!”

But, just until Kai realized that it was far from the mineral water he hoped for.

The housemaster then nagged, “Kai, words please…”

“That’s what I drink and what the hell do you want?” replied the slight younger.

“Oh Sehun!”

“Alright, alright… I’ll cook some potato, mashed as requested…” Suzy at that time got up from her seater, viewing her one fellow, before he carried on the nag. “Baek, do you want to help me?”

“Sure.” Baekhyun winked as he put his clenched fists on the wooden surface. “Dinner will be postponed until the next thirty minutes, got it? And… Yah!”

He referred to the younger guys who quarreled forward, in regard of the untouched roast turkey and the rest of the meal.

“Don’t eat before everyone else does, okay?”

Both Sehun and Kai merely nodded, as they restrained the useless arguments they already had for one another.

“Aissh… These kids, jinjja…”

Chanyeol exclaimed, as he rustled both youngers head and snickering as he watched the two proceeding the inevitable pesters.

 

After a good next hour of them having their, completely, proper dinner with no one complaining about the foods served, the gang was then sat in the outspoken’s living room. Baekhyun and Suzy have lingered in the kitchen, not because they wanted to do the dishes— since it will be forever task of idle Sehun— they were preparing a small chocolate cake for the one having his birthday.

Chanyeol was still fighting over which channel they should watch, along with Sehun and Kai when the rest of two were approaching with the lighted candles on top of the icing.

“I said I don’t want to have any celebration of this… I’m freakin old, right now…” Chanyeol stated, firmly, although he had already clasping his palms to say his wishes.

“That’s why the cake is so tiny and we don’t put any candle with numbers—“

What Baekhyun bluntly uttered has triggered them to laughed it out loud.

“If you are old and what will it make Baek, then?”

Yah!”

Baekhyun yelled at Kai who impulsively specified to ridicule. As the other three once again had their laughter floating around.

“Kai, it’s better for a newcomer like yourself just to zip it up…” Sehun added, teasingly to the same age pal. In which Suzy had to jumped in before the waxes melt and spoilt the sweet piece.

“Guys, please let oppa say his wish and blow the candles, alright?”

Chanyeol paused in setting up the mood and closing his eyes to silently had his wishes. And in later minute, all of them joined him of huffing off the candles.

“So, what’s the wish?”

Sehun snuck the taller as they circled him of sitting on the center couch. It was actually something common of them of saying a main wish to the other four whenever one had a birthday. As much as he had many things he wanted to wished for the sake of himself, yet Chanyeol realized that the friendship they had was everything compared of any of his individual desires. Chanyeol, at that moment, looked into his best friends, one by one, as Kai was the last he had his big eyes on.

“I wish all of us will be together such as right now…” He smilingly stated, in advance of mischievously smeared the chocolate icing to the tanned’s cheek beside.

Baekhyun and Sehun were later linking, with Chanyeol was detaining Kai to flew off the space.

“Please don’t go and disappear like a wind as what you did…”

“Just stay at where you are right now!”

At the mentioned of both requests Kai had just grinned as still attempting to get freed on Chanyeol’s strong squeeze. And in between all of that, he could see the only girl was smiling ear-to-ear, keen-sighted of what the guys did. Before she joined them as wiping a little chocolate spread on the tip of his nose.

“I’m glad that you’re back, now…”

He could hear clearly what she said then.

 

Suzy couldn’t find it but a bit odd of presently having Kai was back with them, as there was nothing ever happened between the two of them. But, since none of both also wanted to discuss about it and most likely will be ruining the mood, they finally had their alone moment when Chanyeol and Sehun was out to but some snacks while Baekhyun was as well downstairs to meet his building manager.

“Uh…” Kai coughed when he was about to sit next to Suzy after getting the can cola from the fridge. “Can I sit next to you?”

Suzy had promptly started giggling whilst Kai was taking his seat, confusedly.

“Why are you laughing at me?”

“Because you were weird…” she adjusted the speaking tone after the laugh. “Why should you ask permission just to sit here…”

“You got your point…”

Kai hummed, as observing the girl who currently was watching the family movie from the big screen.

“What is it?”

He almost jumped when he heard Suzy suddenly was questioning what he actually had inside his head to ask her. She, then, shifted her glance at him.

“What is it that you want to talk to me?”

He then found it weird as Suzy was furrowing her brows, looking toward him.

“Don’t get back at me with the same question I had for you…”

She smirked and suddenly Kai just grinned.

“You talked to me the less ever since I came in today,”

Suzy hissed, “You really want me to talk more and build conversation with you? What’s so special about it? Are you some kind of royal prince?”

Kai knew that there was this relaxed tone of joking from what she blurted out and it somehow made him very at ease. He was casually throwing the smallest cushion Baekhyun had on the center couch.

“You don’t have to answer it so annoyingly like that…”

“It is you that always annoys me,” reacted Suzy.

Kai countered. “Really? I did talk to you nicely and you started the fire—“

Their endless bickers occurred for few minutes, up till Suzy was eventually saying the most important question she had to ask to Kai.

“Where were you? You’ve been gone for more than a month…”

“Ah, you finally ask something important to me…” Kai flippantly muttered. “I was with Taeyong.”

Suzy leaned her head to the back rest, as she kept looking at Kai, who had his eyes on the same level at hers, resting his jaw on a palm.

“Oh… So, have you done whatever you intend to do while being away?”

He raised an eyebrow, “Maybe…”

She merely smiled as pointing it out. “Good, then… If you’re happy with it, then I will be as well…”

Kai didn’t need any word spoken to answer what Suzy signified. He knew that this girl would really meant what just she told him and he could not be more grateful of her, still, be thoughtful of him.

“Thank you…” He mumbled as she replied him back with curving her roseate lips.

 

Chanyeol stepped in front of Kai, when the guys were at the threshold as Suzy wanted to depart much later. The older had said that he will be walking the girl to her adjoining loft, as he was also should be going back to his flat, in few blocks away. Kai tapped the broad shoulder of the older, as he curved the edge of his lips before he saw them leaving the sight. He was staying in Baekhyun’s place, along with Sehun who was lethargic to leave-taking the spot.

In which Sehun crossed his arms over the chest when noticing Kai was there, sitting and lazying next to him while Baekhyun was busy cleaning up and reorganizing the pantry.

“How was it?”

Kai squinted as he responding the questionable query from the fellow.

“What’s your talking about?”

He asked the paler while taking the cookie on the platter on the coffee table, then he got back to lean on the same pad as Sehun.

“You were alone with Suzy, huh? Did something happen between you two?”

Kai hit Sehun jokingly on his brunette crown.

“No way! I won’t do something like that to a best friend of mine!”

Sehun chortled, grasping Kai had this crimson rose by his cheeks.

“I believe in you, then…” Sehun replied and chuckled. “So, there’s nothing left about your feelings for her?”

Kai paused for a moment before prearranging his mind and response Sehun properly.

“No, Sehun-ah… For me, it’s still the same…”

Sehun frowned, as scooting to get closer to his tanned best friend. “And??”

Kai didn’t know why Sehun sounded so tricky by questioning all these stuff.

“I don’t know…” He shrugged. “It is still the same, the way I look at her and then keep falling over—”

“Ah… That’s so sweet!” Sehun teased.

Kai had punched him lightly.

“For me, she’s still the prettiest girl and it was strangely, so pleasant just to be alone and have conversation with her... Every time I see her like that, I just want to hold her and let her sleep in my arms— such as those several months we were still together.​”

And without they realizing, Baekhyun had silently, remained in arrears to listen to all they chatted about.

“Why did you keep staying right here, right now?”

Both the youngers turned their view around to catch the older was inclining from where he was standing.

Yah moron, how can you be friends with someone you love that much?“

Apparently, Baekhyun had some stuff he needed to confer to Kai, as Sehun was agreeing with his fairness by the other side.

 


 

A/N: Will he just be another history and only one of her best friend??

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xoxo,