Days When They're Always Best Friends (part 2)

Days of Us

 

 

 Just one more chapter to travel back in time... I promise :)

 

Strolling in his apartment, Sehun did, while he was having this video call with his one other best friend named Kyungsoo by the homeland. Well, this pale and dashing guy had like merely two persons he could trust that much. And after all time, this Kyungsoo was solely the one who knew everything— literally, the whole thing— since he could not share to some degree with Suzy.

Almost three years have passed ever since he left the mother country for advancing his study, if not, to keep being at least in the same continent with the only girl he loved.

It was on Saturday after lunch, when he was doing the rarely buzz to faraway place since he had something exceptional to be announced.

Sehun-ah… Have you told Suzy that you will be soon moving nearer to her side?

Sehun noticed that Kyungsoo’s big eyes were restraining the sleepiness as he was forcing him to accompany him reading the letter, which sent to his place earlier by Friday. Its contained the information which Sehun had accepted to enroll to the one of the most notable Law School for his master degree in the next year.

“Not yet, Kyungsoo-yah…” He eyed coolly to the screen. “You’re the first person I talk about this.”

Yah… Why don’t you just tell her? I bet she’ll be happy knowing that you two don’t have to pay for quite amount of plane fare to see each other…

Sehun merely smiled since he knew Kyungsoo had always been the only person, who convinced him that true love will come when the time is right. Speaking about this exact girl he’s been cared so much since like forever…

 

Yeah, we all probably have that one friend who always provided us with positivity and always full of love. And believe it or not, most of the times, we really need that kind of support.

 

How much do you have spent just for plane tickets?

“Kyungsoo-yah… That never mattered to me—“

Sehun flatly answered and then Kyungsoo was ready for another line of reasoning.

Sehun-ah… Say the least, you will be much closer, and maybe you can show her how much better you are than that bloody Kris…

He chuckled and so did the person from the other line.

“You know what, how I wish you are here with me and then we could pry on Kris together to see if he has any hidden fault…”

Ah, right—“ Sehun could watch Kyungsoo was scrunching his nose since it was snowing hard in Seoul back then. “I still can’t believe someone can be so seamless just like you said… Well, we all are humans.

“That’s not all about it, it’s just… Suzy never was taking things too seriously, even when she already had been with him for more than two years. It’s like, I feel this one will end up just like the rest of the history…”

Sehun muttered in lieu of explaining and Kyungsoo was nodding to it.

You know I’m about to repeat what I have been saying most of the time to you—

“That there’s no way I should be giving up on this one until I found another person who I suppose can make her happier than me.”

Sehun said it by himself as Kyungsoo was giving his thumbs to the monitor.

And for minutes later, he could sense that the homeland friend had been yawning almost non-stop, that was why he taught to hang up the call.

“Go to sleep, Kyungsoo-yah…”

Ne…” Answered the deep voice across the line. “I will always cheer you up from this side, okay?

“Yeah, I know… Don’t miss me that much, arasseo?”

Sehun snickered when he realized that Kyungsoo was making the disgusted face that he rarely showed to anyone.

It’s better for me to miss my girlfriend tho—“

Yah! How could you say that to me? You two live just like a hundred feet away!”

Kyungsoo giggled before he was about to finish the call. “Just go home for some time… I miss you! Annyeong…

“And now you’re talking about it—“ exclaimed the paler friend then.

 


 

 

True to his words, Sehun spent several random times promenading in the city, by the next year, just to find somewhat— while deep inside, hoping at least he could find a thing— to blame of his bestfriend’s boyfriend. Because Suzy would be telling him whenever she and Kris were having little quarrel, and by one day or two, they will be back in such lovey dovey state. Or, again, in any case that was something Kris wanted to show him off, since anyone could detect easily— except Suzy— that Sehun was having this distinct sentiment for her.

 

It was also true that Kris had been Suzy’s main consideration, but it was somehow Sehun whom felt that someone would do much better than the visually perfect being.

 

How can he sense such as that?

 

Well

 

Sehun probably had found the answer when around a while later, he met some other fellows who have made the better days come to his little circle, group of friends.

 

As the time goes by, it was not just Sehun who felt for himself that the addition of Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kai were carrying up every little standard of their so-called joy. The quick attachment they had, even more after the entire stuff they have been through together, has guaranteed of what best they called such rare connection. Furthermore, he also sensed that one of them really had able to truly make her at the happiest than she ever been.

 


 

As Baekhyun stoned to when they realized that Chanyeol said the sacred word of love to the sleeping girl, no one even the much clearheaded Sehun had the will to hold him not to leave the place. Hitherto, as much as an observer Sehun could be, he grasped something else which caused him retreating to where they were at earlier of the day.

Not minding the yells Baekhyun had when dashing through the entry, he just asked the eldest to take care of their only best girl friend, snoozing on the couch. Sehun then went out and hopped on to his black SUV, proceeding to the thought destination.

 

“Hyung!” Taeyong was wholly shocked, because he did not expect to have the older came in almost late night.

Sehun smirked as leaning to the doorframe, casually saying. “Yah… You really were hiding something earlier from us, huh?”

The fine younger gulped as he could not prevent him storming in the apartment, while he did not have the bigger Johnny to shield since he was out hanging with some friends. There must be something seriously important that made the younger stayed in house and not to spend spare time as well.

“Uh…”

Taeyong strived to state a very good reason as Sehun was now stopping by the living space.

“You’re not too bad at acting, huh?” Sehun said as having the hands on his hips. “Was he at Johnny’s room when we were here?”

“Huh??” The younger has clumsily scratched his not-so-itchy head. “Yes, he was sleeping there— but, it’s not me that lying since hyungs and noona only checked on my room, right?“

He replied by smiling so awkwardly.

“Kai!”

Sehun howled as it could be heard through the wall and in not so later, the one he summoned was coming out, at the time, from his cousin bedroom.

“Sehun-ah… Taeyong could be evicted by having such noises tonight…”

Sehun’s sharp eyes widened, partly couldn’t believe how come Kai be so relaxed like nothing has ever happened in the past. It was like, he was not in a hideout to avoid meeting any of his best friend.

“Let’s go home…”

The palest younger pulled Kai’s sleeve as he was holding back.

“Sehun-ah, no.”

Sehun then keep pestering the fellow to go with him. Yet for quite a jiff, he pretended that he didn’t listen when Kai was refusing. Even so, there was this moment when Sehun was trying to drag Kai out and then the tanned strained to hold on to his cousin.

“Sehun-ah, please… Let me stay a while with Taeyong…”

“No, Kai… Why should you be like this?”

Kai, at that second, locked his orbs at him. “It’s because I feel like I needed to.”

“But, why?!”

He felt by that instant, Sehun was on the verge of crying, to beg him and come back with.

“Can we please sit right now? All of us?”

Kai asked them, and they eventually were following his request. The three of them were sitting by the center couch at the space where Johnny used to play his video game.

In advance of Kai eyed his younger fine cousin, who was in tongue-tied, seemed confused.

“Taeyong-ah, don’t you want to join Johnny and the rest of your gang?”

“Wow…” Taeyong shook his head as releasing the twined arm the older had on his. “This is how you treat me after I covered and holding you up to not being force departing with Sehun hyung?”

Kai laughed, “Yah… Who told you to do such irony?”

“Said I have learnt it long time ago from my hyung…”

Kai and Sehun were watching Taeyong to get dressed as adding only the black jumper before was slipping in to his sneakers. As they were prepared to had an exchange, which none of them was ever expected to do in such time, Taeyong then was popping his head back in to the room.

“Just in case you haven’t heard, since I know you were not that sensitive when sleeping like the dead… And, ah!” he pointed also to Sehun. “You were not here as well ‘cause you’re already out with Suzy noona and Baek hyung…”

The olders were solely paying attention to the young guy at the threshold.

“Chanyeol hyung said that Suzy noona just watched the video you made for her birthday— whoa… Hold on!” He raised a palm since Kai was about to react. “Don’t talk, I’m not finished! He also said something about, you won’t regret the time when you lose Suzy noona for real…”

“Damn it, Park Chanyeol is ing serious about all the stuff he said today…”

Kai stared to Sehun who mumbled it next to him. As none of them realized that Taeyong had been out of their sight.

“Okay, what is it about Chanyeol that suddenly wanting to go after her?” he asked, “Doesn’t it always been you all this time?”

Yah… How could you say that directly to my face?”

“Because that’s what best friends do, Sehun-ah… I never want to say even a thing, bad or good, behind your back.”

Sehun had jokingly hugged Kai for such sincere things he just stated.

“Okay, but I’m not coming to talk about Chanyeol…” Sehun glanced to his best friend. “I came to take you back to Baek… Suzy really needs to see you, I swear—“

“Sehun-ah… I made up my mind, already…”

Sehun froze a bit for his saying, before tapping Kai’s shoulder with honesty.

“No, you cannot…”

Kai raised an eyebrow and Sehun resumed.

“You guys love each other… Come on!”

“How do you know she loves me?” Kai questioned, earnestly.

“I know even deep inside, you know it’s true…” Sehun hit his index finger to Kai’s chest.

Now, Kai was the one halted as wat the younger previously exclaimed.

“But, you love her too, Sehun-ah…”

“Kai,” Sehun looked thoroughly to the deepened pair of eyes up front. “It began a long time ago and I think I’ve been way too used for it.”

Kai squinted. “I’m sorry, but I don’t really get what you mean…”

Sehun sighed, “It’s like, I don’t even know if it is love or not, because I care too much about her, but apparently, I want her to be with someone else… I was seriously mad at you when I knew that you’ve done something that she really hates, but that’s it… I’m just impulsively been saying things because my anger is much bigger than the affection itself. Then it’s like, I strangely know that I’m not the one who belongs with her. What’s the point of keep going after her? If I even know that I can stay with her forever ‘cause I’m her best friend…”

“Then I can be that one best friend, too…”

Kai said, frankly, which made Sehun bursted out of laugh.

“Why should you be a best friend when you can be the one for her?”

Kai leaned to the backrest of the couch, for quite a while, in advance of reacting.

“I’m afraid if I lose her again,”

Sehun noticed that Kai had the solemn upon this look of his.

He, then, resumed. “The times I went through when, you know… I’ve been breaking up with her… I cannot get through all of it again.”

“But, what if this time you two will be alright for the rest of—“

“And what if we’re not? No one can guarantee it, Sehun-ah…”

Typically, Sehun was the one who argued the most when Kai was sticking up with his utmost ego, yet this time, he knew Kai had seriously pondering over and what he said was totally right.

“Okay, Kai… If that’s what you want…” Sehun raised his hands. “I just need to know then, why must you live with Taeyong for the time being?”

“Because Sehun-ah… If you said that you used with the feelings you had for her, then I must be on contrary…” Kai simpered. “I had always fell for her, I always am… Each day and each time I met her… It is me that continuously falling in love with her, day by day… I don’t even know why.”

Sehun had nothing to say, and for some whiles both had fell into their own silence.

 

“So, you’re okay to not telling any of them that I’m here with Taeyong?”

Kai asked Sehun when he was walking the slight younger to the door verge.

Sehun shrugged, “Yeah, if you really need time to be away from us… I mean, from her.”

Kai smiled while he patted Sehun’s back as he was turning around to leave the spot.

“Thanks. Sehun-ah…”

“Wait, Kai…” Sehun turned around once more. “What if Chanyeol really means what he had said today? Because, actually, I want to see him tomorrow and if he could, I hope he’d talk about it to me.”

Again, Kai just smiled, and no one could tell what he had in such enigma.

“If it is the best for her, then why not?” he said.

 


 

A/N: Sehunnie is such a sweet guy<3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for such late update... I've been so busy out here and I hope I can update again much sooner :*:*

xoxo,