Day Where One's Head Was Actually A Mess

Days of Us
 
 

There was this lingering heaviness when the four friends were on their way to the thought place. Not even one of them— said Baekhyun, who used to be the loudest— initiated a talk, in which each of them seemed concentrate to what has bothered apiece consideration. Suzy was cannot wait to arrive, beside her was Sehun, who could not let her be alone at times like this— of course— yet the palest guy also concerned about the eldest who remained in his own silence. Chanyeol was the one who always acted calm, or else, not anyone really knew what was going on inside his composed head.

The tallest— and definite-charming guy— put his hands into the warm jacket as they were entering in the accustomed area, distanced for about thirty minutes from their place. His appearance sure had caused several heads been turned, for recognizing not so familiar person had being in the surrounding. Not to mention, he also had these stunning bunch of allies.

However, it never was very typical Chanyeol for ignoring those kinds of attention he had gained from some of the most attractive girls in the city. Shifting the glance to his pals, who were pretty much had their heads lowered, the giant merely was nodding to Sehun’s sign of wanting to lit a cigarette. Whereas they were waiting for Suzy to confirm whilst calling Kai’s cousin, Taeyong.

Chanyeol, then, leaned on to where Baekhyun was crossing his arms, locking his gaze to the bare pavement ahead.

“You alright, Baek?” he asked when the other two were still minding their own matters. “Do you want to pursuit for your girl while we’re here?”

Baekhyun stared at him, with more or less muddle. “Yeol, Taeyeon never was my girl… But, it is such a small world that she was the girl Kai had been searching for… You know?” he shrugged. “To justify whatever he did wrong to Sooj,”

“I don’t think that’ll make you feel this much worse,”

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow to the saddened best friend.

He carried on, “Come on, Baek… I know that won’t be only that.”

Baekhyun continued, still with his arms crossed. “I can’t believe she’s just that kind… You see the way she talked to boys, easily just like that… I thought, she never was attracted to me, then… ‘Cause I’m way the different type compared to Taeyong or Kai.”

“That is so silly,”

The petite buddy was perplexed seeing his giant pal was shaking his head, snickering before he was twining an arm over the narrow shoulder of his.

“That kind of girl never was worth of a sincere person like you, Baek.”

At present, Baekhyun was the one who was raising one of his brows toward the comrade.

“Did something hit your big head as you capable to talk, rightly, such as this?” Baekhyun tried to hide the little curved on his lips.

“Nah…” Chanyeol shrugged, as he noticed that the only girl had finished the phone call and would be advancing in mere seconds. “I am always aware of whoever closests to me… And right now, we just need to prioritize what we know we had to.”

At that point, both of them began trailed en route to Suzy and Sehun.

 

Johnny was in the middle of getting hyped with the game console—it was weekend, and he was occupied by it since the night before— when he heard few knockings from the door of the shared room. Tossing off the potato chips bag as sipping the rest of his soda, and then he walked to open it. His quite wide eyes have gotten even more amplified when knowing the group who has arrived in front of, was the exact one which he never was too unaware of.

“Hi, hyungs! Hi, noona!”

He barely was greeting them as Chanyeol had gently tugged him. “Did Kai was here in any case?”

“Uh— well,“ Johnny had this urge to respond, yet Chanyeol was already cornering him to the dividing wall. They had an inch height difference, which made the older still have his advantage.

Baekhyun had this sort of eye motioning with Sehun, in advance of them started go through the center space. Hitherto, Chanyeol eyed to the girl who remained on the door verge.

“Bae, what did Taeyong said when you call him earlier?”

She contemplated, “He did not answer clearly, what I meant to ask him… I guess he’s still half-asleep or something,”

“Just go for which room you thought will be his, then…”

Suzy nodded, as Chanyeol kept his arms steady to latch Johnny. Which had made the younger reacted when observing she was heading to the room with a huge ‘TY’ sticker glued on the dark wood surface.

“Suzy noona, please don’t come inside there!”

Chanyeol smirked when he had the younger’s watch moved at him.

 

“Taeyong-ah,”

Suzy gave a few knocks on the door, yet no one was disclosing it.

“Taeyong-ah, it’s me—“

Yah, Lee Taeyong open up!”

At the moment Sehun was joining her, followed by Baekhyun. Before the concerned Johnny has reached with Chanyeol still supervising him.

“This is a free zone, we never come into each room without restrictions.”

Johnny stated, along with somehow sheepish smile he tried to conceal.

“Can we just go in, instead?” asked Baekhyun, looking confidently to the younger and he was shaking his head, disagreed.

“If you’re not hiding something, or someone, inside then we can just go, right?”

Again, Johnny was not giving his agreement.

“It is still quite early, like, it’s not even lunchtime—“

“Kai’s there, isn’t he?” Sehun questioned whilst pointing to the wooden access in front of them.

“Nope.” Johnny replied, assuredly.

Chanyeol merely observed everything, before he suddenly was thumping it, and lastly baring the sight of Taeyong still dozing with a girl on his side. As of resulting an exhale from his roommate, who was tilting his head to the giant older.

“Told you!”

 

Taeyong has awakened in the next thirty minutes, leaving his own room toward the seemed guilty-looking friends of his older cousin, with the date remained inside. He was wearing the black tshirt, in reverse, as he was rushing to meet them.

“Noona,”

He took a seat right next to Suzy at one of the couch.

“So, you really were coming, huh?”

She stared at him, afore was scanning the others for response.

“Yes, Taeyong-ah… I don’t know where else to go and find your hyung…”

Taeyong put his sharp chin above his own palm, sustaining. “He did come here yesterday—“

As he noticed the rapid sparks ignited within her rarely gloomy orbs, Taeyong then, lowered his tone yet again.

“— but, he was leaving this morning and I swear I don’t know where… He slept here last night.”

He directed to the couch where they settled.

“You sure he hasn’t told you where he planned to go?”

Baekhyun added, clearing up the curiosity, certainly increased between the bunch of friends.

“Nope,” then, he looked into the girl beside once more. “Noona…”

Suzy reacted only with focusing her eyes on him.

“Why don’t you just let hyung go?”

 

Chanyeol was crossing the toned arms as his big eyes trailed when Suzy has exited the room, followed by Sehun then Baekhyun. The younger in front of him was holding the side of his door, probably was expecting the giant to withdrew the same. He couldn’t let go of how Taeyong has caused the girl fell into the deep, so-called— reserve — as what he asked her prior was seemingly out of nowhere. And it was sort of non-sense.

“Why should you talk to her like that?” Chanyeol questioned as he shut the door with his best friends outside, sending off without him.

Taeyong frowned, not minding the reason of the older’s tone has gotten complex.

“I don’t think I’ve stated the wrong thing… Jongin hyung deserves his own happiness, even if he should be without Suzy noona.”

He directed his stare to Johnny, who was lounging at near lounge chair, glancing to the taller yet again.

“I’ve known my hyung longer than anyone else… He never had done anything like he did to noona, but if he’s still got rejected by the end, then it is time for him moving on with his life.”

Chanyeol sniggered, “Or it is just him who’s giving up without trying even more,”

Taeyong simply was not agreeing it. “Chanyeol hyung, don’t get me wrong for taking any side, but I just don’t want my hyung to be a fool for nothing he could get through anymore…”

Taeyong’s cold gaze had met with his darkened orbs, and at what time later, Chanyeol was carrying on.

“Oh… For your information, Bae just found out the clip you guys recorded for her birthday, like, just this morning… That’s why she quickly realized everything she had done was wrong.”

Both the youngers gaped for hearing those words.

“So… Noona didn’t see it before? And Jongin hyung didn’t know at all?” asked Taeyong, bewilderedly.

The older nodded, “If Kai seriously is giving up on her, then I hope he won’t regret the moment he knew he’s going to lose her, for real…”

 

Because he’s not the only one who’s in love with her for such a long time.

 

The moment Chanyeol stormed out from Taeyong and Johnny’s room, the growling inside his chest was apparently had getting clearer. He couldn’t get of why it had beginning to strike his core as if it was just a few years back in time. He shook his head by way of had gotten the sight of his three best friends were waiting for him to head back to their home-based.

 

Their walk afterwards proceeded with much thinking of each sense. Everyone seemed to be having their own doubts and thoughts lasting around. They probably were, more or less, walking in the same line, but none appeared to be minding one another. And only God knows, what was for precise bothering collectively as of their lowered heads.

 


 

“Suzy-yah!”

Chanyeol raised his head as Sehun was— hardly— being mad to his sole best girl friend, whom could not stop chugging the fourth bottle of wine served on the table. The group of friends were planning to spend some for steak and drinks for their— could be only the proper meal of the day— as they ended up spent the expenses simply for the second of category. Baekhyun, on the other side, has turned into his rare self as the most silent person, not to mention as the giant pal likewise.

“You said you drink only to get a good night sleep later—“

The palest stopped the whine when a huge arm of the older, put the bills on top of the tablecloth, merely was saying.

“Let’s just go back to Baek’s then…”

“Yeol, maybe we could go after finishing this last bottle…” Baekhyun protested.

“Nope,” answered the taller. “Look at you all red face in the mirror.” He was also referring Sehun as an addition.

Which the younger then raised an eyebrow, “Really? I thought I just drank like two glasses— Anyway, Yeol… Your watch looks pretty cool, huh? Where did you buy it?“

Chanyeol merely was tilting his head before Sehun had getting his meaning of whenever he had talked as much as this, then he must be starting to get tipsy. The tallest was the one who had his own perimeter to drink by a little, since he knew the best friends might be over-limiting themselves by the time.

“So, who’s going to assist Bae to walk?”

All of the guys looked at each other— not directly responding Chanyeol’s query— realizing that this time there was no Kai to do it as the old customary.

“It’s okay, I can do it by myself…”

Suzy has gotten up on her feet, although she was obviously not steady to even get the third steps, exiting their said one of favorite eating place. She did fell onto the side of Baekhyun, who was just getting to hold her with one of his hands, whilst rubbing his wobbly forehead with the other. Sehun was also still struggling to dress on his posh coat properly. Chanyeol was eyeing each with a determination on his mind that he’d carried one of them, on his back, on the way back home. In which he really did, then and there.

 

“I don’t need anyone to walk me—“

Suzy mumbled, before she was burying her face to the all-black-covered, wide shoulder of Chanyeol. Closing her eyes at last, dozing as the guys were still on their feet, deciding to waste time to walk rather than having the public transportation as an option. The carter has adjusted his own edge for her to feel more comfortable, in advance of shifting his gaze to the other two, trying to regain the mindfulness.

“Kai used to carry her all the way back either to her loft or my—“

“Baek, please don’t say it like we’ll be having Kai back with us in a blink of eye…”

The petite eldest squinted his eye to the palest who stated it, casually with his flat expression. Sehun did react to him with an equal sharp gaze, in advance of keep walking while shoving his hands inside the trousers.

“Sehunnie, we all know that he won’t forget about Sooj just like that…”

Baekhyun glanced again to the younger, receiving another cold gaze as his respond.

“But, what if he doesn’t come back in a long time and after he did… He had done it all completely, already?” replied Sehun.

“Then, will you be the one who has the guts to declare your unsaid feelings, since like forever?”

Heading toward their destination still, the guys were fallen to their fixed stillness. By way of Sehun the girl’s dark tresses as in the other part, Baekhyun was fixing her coat so that the wind would not cause the cold lingered.

“I don’t know…” Sehun shrugged. “Well, I know that I care so much about her, but I just don’t feel like saying it out loud… What if it’s not the one she supposed to get especially from me?”

Baekhyun grinned, setting his gaze locked at the younger, by means at the others as well. “If caring is the right word as you were using, then I care so much for her, too…”

The two of them were perplexed as they caught an impulsive, yet odd chuckle, stirred up from the spot right in the middle. It was too deep for Suzy’s, well at that point it must be Chanyeol’s. Mentally considering themselves, the giant was never too subtly quiet, from the day over its first light.

“I wish you could hear that, Bae… Because you should know,”

He was oddly speaking to the sleeping girl on his hold. Whereas the others kept watching.

“Kai is not the only one who loves you that much, even for these entire time…”

Both Baekhyun and Sehun were scrutinizing him bit by bit, by way of they gaped catching what was he simply blurted out in mere seconds.

“Yeol, none of us have said the ‘L’ word—“

Baekhyun uttered, motioning an index, which was resumed by Sehun.

“Excuse me, did you just literally said that?”

In some way, something must have implicitly stated through Chanyeol’s widened big eyes.

“.” He cussed while kept having Suzy steady on his arms.

 


 

A/N: I'm sorry Chanyeol... But, what??!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE COMMENTS and If you don't mind UPVOTE 주세요!!!