Day Where There Was No Last Man Standing

Days of Us
 
 

Baekhyun has just finished to storage the said meal he prepared for his group of friends— minus Suzy, of course, because she must’ve spent another week in quite faraway— which he would be expecting to arrive in the next hour. Kai was at the center couch, sleeping, and Baekhyun had noticed it ever since he went out earlier in the morning. The younger was actually hasn’t been into snoozing from the time when Taeyong left, passing the midnight and Baekhyun could not hold his own drowse then. He only thought that the housemate was resuming his sleep not so long after he left to his bedroom.

 

“Whoa… What is it that smells so good, hyung?”

Taehyung came in another jiff, already looking well-prepared with the almost head-to-toe denim and his half-wet clumped hair.

Kimchi bokkeumbap,” answered the older, scanning over the cousin who was leaning across the counter. “Where are you going?” he ogled to the wall clock. “It’s pretty early for you to get organized at 9.30…”

“Hyung, I’m used to get only a daily couple hours of sleep back in Seoul and I have sufficient times while I’m just here for 3 days… Equal for being there in almost two weeks,” Taehyung responded whilst buttoning his shirt sleeve.

Baekhyun sipped his morning brew, prior to doing around simple calculation, affected he was furrowing his brows.

“Do you want to eat some of the fried rice before going?”

Taehyung glanced at his hyung, shaking the head. “Nope… I guess I’ll get something on-the-go because Kookie texts he’s all set.”

“Poor little sunshine is forced to fulfill your boring needs of reading in such early Sunday…”

“Wrong.” Taehyung’s typical droopy eyes moved to this keen pair of the older. “It’s actually him who suggests to visit some of those stores… He knows I’d love to, he said.”

Hence you’re still denying the fact that Jungkook will do anything for you and he is so into you— yah!”

Baekhyun yelled for the reason he caught the cousin snorted of his last sentence.

Taehyung raised an index to cover his lips, signaling the older to tone down the noise he did.

“Kai hyung is sleeping… Please stop making fusses over something irrelevant,” he snatched the glass on the older’s grip, swallowing some of its content. “Oh yeah, please also make sure you keep an eye when Kai hyung is in his room… You know? His overthinking may triggered of what has been going on inside… Keep remind him about the happy thoughts, got that?”

Baekhyun nodded for a few times and Taehyung then marched to exit the main entry.

“Taehyung-ah… Why don’t you just keep your own happy thoughts and stop being so negative as you know, you’ll be spending time parted from someone you care so much about—“

“I’m leaving now! See you later, hyung!”

Taehyung exclaimed without turning around and Baekhyun shook his head, when the younger cut his lines by way of shutting the door.

 

“I guess you were not as stubborn as him, weren’t you?”

Baekhyun eyed to the figure who was upright at the couch. He grinned and then moved to be nearer to the just woken up housemate.

Exhaled afore beholding him, he retorted. “Guess your criminal record was clean when you were at Taeyong’s age, huh?”

“Ah… Kids these days,” Kai tilted his head to be supported on the armrest, turning on the TV before was eyeing the older and yawned. “If you let me, Baek…”

The called person has finished his hot beverage and was focusing on the younger.

Who resumed, “I’ll talk to Taehyung before it was too late for him to realize what he supposed to do.”

Baekhyun had this sincere smile which Kai knew he was assenting of the idea. The recent days passed with voluminous incidences, had turned out bring him such sense of self.

“I’ll let my cousin preached by the one with so many experiences,”

Kai was playfully hissed to the older whilst he was nudging the short arm, observing the emptied cup.

“What were you drinking?”

“Coffee.” Baekhyun answered, lightheartedly intending to tease the younger. “Such a blessing to be able to enjoy this every morning, you know?”

It had caused Kai whined as he was slumping his head to the petite shoulder.

“Did I really can’t have that for the rest of the month?”

“I said for one month ahead and we’ll see about your well-being then.”

Baekhyun ogled for a few times whereas supposing Kai to close his eyes, for the instance he grasped the younger has been asleep over.

 

 

At the place quite faraway

 

“I can’t believe he was so jealous of you…”

Suzy didn’t know what she has been partaking for breakfast that she spilled the entire breakup story to Mark. Not that the two wasn’t too close or something, but they merely had shared they personal matter except all the happy ones. Yes, the happy ones, since the young lady has been excited to share and thank him the piece when she had coming back to the city— upon his request— and it has made her reunited with the best of best friends. Not to mention, began a relationship with Kai.

Mark was absorbed to lock his gaze to his clean plate and to Suzy, back and forth.

“So, you guys broke up because of me?”

He muttered, almost hesitated, while she could not believe that after the tall tale she has spoken and it was the single one remained in his head. Suzy could grasp of how Mark was trying to conceal his pang of conscience.

“No, Mark… It wasn’t like that—“

“But, that’s what I got when paying full attention to your story… At least, that was how things get started.”

She sighed, “He cheated on me, that’s why…”

He could not secrete the concerned shown all over his countenance, nevertheless. Suzy poke his sprawled hand on the table with her used fork at the point.

“Hey, what did you have with that?”

He directed to the cutlery on her grip, raising an eyebrow.

“Honeydew.” She answered, plainly.

“It explains the stickiness,” he jokingly cleaned his knuckles with the napkin and slight disgusted look. “I can’t understand how careless you are and why everyone was so crazy about you—“

Yah!”

She threw the wasted parsley from his platter and Mark has quickly dodged for it. They both laughed at each other, at last, and he was relieved that she could wear a beam, eventually on her persistent gloomy face.

 

“Who is this everyone you were talking about?”

Mark was staring at her with his one hand covering the crown with hoodie, as the other was holding an umbrella for both Suzy and himself— he inclined it more to her side, though. The rain was pouring a lot since earlier this morning and they were currently walking together to the next, adjoining location, from where they were having the breakfast.

“Which one is it?”

He asked her back.

“Uhm… When you said that everyone was crazy about me—“

Mark’s abrupt out loud crack was causing Suzy frowned even when she has not completing the sentence.

“Why are you so oblivious of it?”

He playfully ruffled her hair as she faked an offended expression.

“Everyone, literally, every each one of the guys was so captivated by you back when where you had that first show in college,” keep glancing at her, he recommenced. “Kai and I were the last men standing. Well, he had fallen for you at the end, though…”

He noticed her simper as of hearing the name, which he didn’t continue the reminiscing episode then.

Not so long after it, they have reached the setting. Some of the crews were expecting Mark to check on their preparation. He signaled them to wait for a bit, whereas holding Suzy’s arm when she was about to get herself ready.

“I haven’t concluded what I’m going to say…”

Suzy barely had looked at him, as Mark was picking up and put his palms on her shoulder.

“It doesn’t matter when you kinda lost someone, in this case, probably the one you have trusted the most… Because you still have others who truly care about you and that’s you should’ve been grateful for.”

Her smile at that moment, has made him curved his edges as well.

He directed her, “Now, go get your hair done or whatsoever, and I’m guessing you to be here with your full of skilled and happy self… No being miserable and sulking anymore, got it?”

“Got it, sir!” She strikingly replied.

 

 

Back to Baekhyun’s apartment,

 

Chanyeol and Sehun were not wasting any minute to deplete the stored meal at the microwave. Even Baekhyun’s constant nags to leave a portion for one other young man had nearly missed, and that’s why he took an action to spare some in other container.

“Oh, God… I missed how my mom was making it once a month, say the least…”

The giant initiated to take a walk around the space, revealing his full stomach.

“Where’s Kai?”

He asked the petite buddy when moving toward to the bathroom. The little finger of his motioned to the center couch, and Chanyeol moved there to observe the said person.

“Whoa… He look like a ,”

He must have referred it to his disorganized appearance even when he was still dozing.

 

The indifferent palest joined subsequently making himself a cup of steamy drinks.

“Yeah, he is…”

He flopped to the armchair next to the one occupied by the tanned guy. Chanyeol was crosswise on the smaller two-seaters, playing with his black iPhone.

“Thanks, guys…”

Those icy pair of Sehun’s orbs widened as Kai was opening his, examining the ruckus. He got up in a mere minute.

“Good late morning, sleepyhead… Coffee?”

And he was thankful that after all what happened at the day before, Sehun had behaving rather normal.

The moment Kai was reaching his hand to grab what given by him, the motherly sense of Baekhyun has forced to get something out from his room, before beginning his Sunday routine of having aromatic bath.

Yah!”

The slight older rolled his eyes as Sehun was looking to the washroom direction.

Wae?? He never missed starting a day without this,”

Just when Baekhyun wanted to tell them the story from last night— at what time Kai was having the attack— he noticed the younger signaled that it would be making him looked more pathetic.

“He hardly had any sleep and I don’t think it’ll make him get any easier,”

Kai was pleased when catching his gesture, Baekhyun unstated.

Sehun hissed, adjusting his seat to face the tanned one.

“Anyway, there was some interesting stuff happened last night,” he mischievously eyed the giant who stuck out his view at him.

“Well, care to wait until I finished?”

Baekhyun inquired the youngers, placing his arms to the settled couch. He was intrigued to listen to it as well.

Chanyeol scoffed, “Sehunnie is just love to exaggerate things—“

And he made the youngest chortled.

 

 

Then back again to the other location,

 

The rain has stopped in fairly right time, in the stage of the crew was essentially didn’t fancy too much of the heavy shower. The sky was getting to be dark, another scene and take required better times with the sun it was when Mark had lastly called it a day.

“Good job, everyone!” he identified all and sundry.

 

Suzy was sitting in one of the make-up seats, checking on her phone, wondering why her group chat stayed silent for the rest of the day— sort of missing someone, she tried to push away those kind of feelings. She didn’t realize that Mark was already bending to her chair at that time, which until raising her head to look at the huge mirror then she saw the guy.

“You should hide that let down face ‘cause no one was texting you—“

She elevated a hand to mess up his hair, teasingly. And his distinctive, pleasant snicker came right through what she did, showing off his white and perfect lining up teeth. Mark, then, was leaning over to reach Suzy’s ear very close to his speaking.

“Let’s say… I’ve been thinking about what I said to you,”

She even had to pull away for an inch so that their features wouldn’t be too near to touch each other.

Mark smiled at her, “What if I’m not any longer be the last one standing?”

Suzy passed him unspoken questions to catch what he had meant behind the last subject.

 


 

A/N: I'm such a MarkZy/HunZy trash... What should i do??

I feel bad for the characters I've created in this story :"")

 

  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
But, who wouldn't fall for this beautiful girl?? DUH~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ENJOY IT AND PLEASE COMMENT XD