Day With The One's Promise

Days of Us
 
 

“We should really end things between us…”                                             

Kai said, emphasizing few things here and there, causing Suzy managed his real message by the time. She was in deep silence for the reason that she didn’t know how to properly respond him, therefore she let the guy saying what was true inside his mind. Yet all of a sudden, their good memories flashed within her thoughts, not to mention, the previous worthy one when she got the special birthday present— and profound written letter— from Kai.

Only by her mere stare he could perceive that she actually was questioning why he abruptly was asking for it.

“I’m tired…” Kai bit his lip as of rustling his own hair, looking more or less in despair. “I’m really, really tired…”

Suzy noticed the tears began pooling on the darkened orbs of his, preceding hers, which was about to stream down through the façade. She tried to stay composed nevertheless, whilst Kai was carrying on.

He, then, put the palms onto her slender shoulder.

“I need time… To get away from you—“

As Kai was having his knees fell to the floor, Suzy was keeping on it. Kneeling directly in front of the bawling being, she had her hands naturally wrapping on his.

“Why?” She finally questioned.

He looked up, catching her beaming eyes had turned way more into such gloomy pair. Kai couldn’t actually let go, yet he feel like he had to.

“I just…” he exhaled, “I can’t stand my own self to see you with anyone else… I know, I am so selfish—“

“But, I’m not—“

He cut her line. “Yes… But, you can’t be with me anymore, can you?”

That, she truly couldn’t answer directly on the minute, hence she remained calm. Contrasting the breakdown Kai had right at the moment.

“Just so you know,” Suzy brushed some of his fallen hair, locking her own glance at his. “There was nothing happened between Mark and I… And, I have turned him down… If it could ease you, well somehow—“

“But, you still couldn’t forget what happened between us, months ago… Even when you have seen all the gifts I’ve prepared for you…”

He stared down.

“I cannot hold on to something that I know will never come about, no matter how much I tried to fix it…”

Stillness took over as Suzy was letting Kai’s hand to be released.

“Okay.”

She eventually had said the word, which made Kai’s felt like his core has been hit with several jabs to the main points. He smirked by the end, seeing right through her sincere watches.

“And you just let that word out, even after all the shots I have done… You know what?”

He raised an eyebrow and she sensed more of anger since.

“I think you’re the one who is so selfish…and freaking stubborn.”

She replied with quite smirk as his.

“You’re testing to escape from me… Which you know it will be hard to be done, and when I grant you to go ahead, you’re saying that I’m the bad person?” she retorted.

He just shook his head, refusing to comeback with her hasty cold gazes.

“Whatever,”

He silently cussed under his breath, composing himself before was taking one of her hands.

“You should know, what I wrote to you was so true, even up till now…” He pecked it, “I love you so much and I don’t want to argue with you… Hence, I should be retreating to wash away my own feelings—“

She didn’t know why it suddenly hurts to catch his sentence.

“I hope I can see you again, quick, so that we could be best friends…like we used to.”

At that point, he really was letting go, shifting the grip on one of her cheeks advancing for a soft kiss. Hitherto, she looked away, resulting him to brush on her lips edge. And then, he let out a loud sigh, getting on his own feet, likewise she did.

“I’ll be back as your bestest friend…”

Suzy didn’t have any word spoken, when she was restraining to hug Kai afore he was leaving the place. She was one way or another wanted to act contrite, yet inside she demanded to make him believe in what he felt like he required to do. She watched in sore hush as his back was fading by the corner, in advance of letting her own waterworks cascading and covered the beautiful face.

 


 

Suzy was at her loft, full on the next day. The tears has stopped, approximately in the morning, as she did not spend any tick to sleep. Not that she didn’t want to, it was because she couldn’t. Somewhere in between her own sobs, she had spent jiff to change, but not to eat nor even drink. For the reason everything in the place had somehow reminded her with Kai’s presence.

But, it was her decision toward the end. Said for the basic principle she had for a lifetime, and she couldn’t force someone to rely on her when both of them be discerned that there was seemed no hope remained.

 

When the sun had entirely up, she spared some nerve to peek on the huge hole in the wall, only to find Baekhyun was having his breakfast and no-one else. And then, she has returned to her previous position, whimpered on the favorite red couch. Up till she had fallen asleep later, missing both lunchtime and dinner.

 

Around eight in the pm, a few guests were forcing the miss to wake up as the tempting aroma of home-cooked meal spread in the living space.

“Hi,”

Baekhyun ruffled her brunette tresses, by way of revealing the spare keys that used to keep by the tanned roommate. And without doubt, had creating her depressed with the self-reproach through frank reality.

“Let’s first eat something, alright, Sooj?”

She merely was walking like a dead body, dragged by the petite fellow as Chanyeol and Sehun have followed while being noiseless, unlike their usual self.

The three guys took some whiles to notice her red eyes and her sweater sleeves ruined by the remained sobs. However, still no one has brought up a name they had habitually mentioned, whenever the individual had missing in their get-together.

 

Wherein Suzy sensed as it was true, Kai had been nowhere to be found.

 

—and she loathed it the most of how it had dreadfully make her feel the despair…

 

The time went by, as the only girl was still in her own silence no matter how Baekhyun and Chanyeol attempted by telling their upmost hilarious jokes. Sehun, on the other side, couldn’t get his eyes off Suzy, as he knew for sure of how things have turned the table and caused her the heartbroken as a result.

 

And what have been not mentioned to her was, Kai had asked the best friends’ assistance, personally through Baekhyun that he needed to do it for the sake of his own self.

 

In which all of them respected his choice then.

 


 

Back to Baek’s apartment earlier in the morning,

 

“Baek…”

Kai popped his head to the older’s opened door as the place’s dweller had his half-lidded eyes struggling to be opened.

“W-what?”

The buddy had gotten up straight on the bed, perceiving a filled duffel hung on to the broad shoulder.

“I’m going off somewhere—“

Baekhyun quickly responded, “Where??”

“I don’t really know…”

Noting the younger looked totally down, Baekhyun had advancing to the doorstep.

“Kai… Are you okay?”

He just nodded, doubting for a while. Whether he should explain the motive because he knew Baekhyun would be freaking out in no time, if he had simply left without a word.

“I want to spend my days… Trying not to be with her,”

“But, why?”

Baekhyun questioned, partly being worried by seeing his much seen dejected self.

“Kai…” He put a hand on the younger’s limb. “You had nothing to worry about Sooj and Mark—“

“I know.” Answered him, shortly.

“And then, why should you leave?”

“I just want to get away and get over my feelings…”

Kai could feel the older had tightening the grip.

“I know I might be exaggerating, but… I cannot get over her if we still see each other every day…” He shrugged, “And it’s making me sick for the truth that there’s no chance for she and I to be together… Once more,”

Baekhyun, then, merely nodded. Thus, he couldn’t stand of seeing the best friend was on the verge of another breakdown he would had in one day interval.

“I’ll call or text you, sometimes… About my well-being… Or maybe, Yeol and Sehun, too… Please say my sorry and goodbye to them, okay?”

“But, you will be back, right?”

Kai simpered in regard of Baekhyun’s honest, worried query.

“Don’t worry, Baek… I will…” He hastily squeezed him, “If I already feel better about myself.”

 

 


 

A/N: What will happened next?? And where is he going?

Actually, I was planning to put this chapter and the previous one as a whole, but then I decided to separate into two chaps...

Please stay tuned and don't forget to give comments!!! ^.^v