Day Where The One Had to Witness

Days of Us
 
 

“Thanks for keeping on and stay by my side through these days,”

Suzy felt her heart stopped for a jiff, hearing such vague sentence she had gotten from Kai. The words had caused her some kind of fear that she could not explain even to herself. Reminisced the time when he— unexpectedly— was vanishing through some of the days, crafting her suffered into miserable pieces.

“Y-you’re not going anywhere for one other time, huh?” She asked him, with uncertainty and without realizing how she had clenched her fists while resting it onto his back. “Please don’t say that you want to disappear… Again,”

Didn’t know why she was, all of a sudden, restraining the tears.

Kai chuckled whereas closing his eyes, resting his chin on top of her crown.

“I’m not going anywhere, babo-yah…”

He sniffed her hair and released the hold once she was pulling away, as people were passing by beginning to watch over them.

“Hey, why are you crying?”

Suzy had lightly punched Kai’s shoulder, in advance of raising his chin amidst of it. Never did she thought he already did what she has attempted to hold back before.

“Who says I am crying?” he responded whilst rubbing his eyes. “I think it’s just the dust.”

“Snow dust, you think?” she giggled. “I was about to cry when I thought you want to go away…”

“No. I’m. Not.” He repeated, with bliss had spread into his looks and it was only her that could. Kai, then, clasped Suzy’s face with both of his palms, resuming. “I will always stand by you because you have lived on the hell that I created for the past weeks.”

“So, you were being a jerk on purpose? Why should you do that to me?”

“I want to see how much you are willing to stay, but that’s not entirely my point,” he smiled at her. “I will not leave... Not anymore, no matter what happen.”

 

Deep inside, both of them thought of what was actually the exchange had going on. It could be linked for wrapping up the courses, previously assisted and conducted by him. But somehow, she could feel that it couldn’t be just for it. And so, did he as the one who was beginning the confer.

She was smiling back at him, as she eventually was releasing his hold with her own touch. He had continued to stare at her, scrutinizing the features of the one he truly couldn’t let go, no matter how hard he strived. His entire recollections of hers was something that he could not be thankful enough. As he gratefully had the choice to stay by her side as her best friend, as far as he knew.

 

“I’ll see you later at Baek’s!”

Suzy waved by way of she strolled backwards, leaving Kai who was just standing and keeping his orbs steady at her. He didn’t need to ask where she was going, as if she was about to meet Chanyeol, and it would be— still­— killing his sentiment.

Kai was then upright even while waiting for she was not beholding anymore, before he looked up, then closing his eyes slowly. Inhaling the cold breeze of winter then he did, as he commenced to reflect it his mere willpower— to any further extent— which was keen to stay in love with her.

 

It was later at the apartment, Kai was dragging his heavy feet after getting off his shoes and put it on the rack so that his housemate would not be naggy. Baekhyun was enjoying his late afternoon cup of tea, with a journal on the coffee table, seemingly was writing some musical notes or whatsoever. He realized that the younger appeared beside by his face moping and he surely has identified.

Yah, why do you have to pull such a long face?” Baekhyun exclaimed as he offered the tanned to sit next to him. “Did you see someone die on your way home?”

“Probably,” Kai shrugged after he sat comfortably on the couch. “I’m the one who died… Just have died inside or maybe for quite a long time, I don’t really know…”

Baekhyun watched him slumping his body on the seater, trying to hold back a laughter or somewhat only he and God knows. It was not the first time did he, or any of the gang saw the tanned one behaving like this and it was because his own careless decision— if you all might have to say.

Without merely was stating anything, and just putting his book on the surface, he also had resting his head to where the younger did, in advance of he faced him to ask.

“What is it right now?” Baekhyun questioned as he put a limb to support the pate, looking to the housemate.

Kai groaned before he was messing his own locks. “Why did I have to leave her? Imagine if this situation lasts forever and I will regret for it for the rest of my life while I can do nothing because that’s what I chose for.” He facepalmed himself. “Why do I have to be so stupid to be so in love with her? Why, Baek, why??”

Baekhyun whistled slightly for such candor Kai had been, especially when he blurted it out and it seemed no one could believe it except for his own self.

“First of all,“ the older tried to be as soft as he could— particularly when he usually was making fun of almost the entire stuff— whilst he was carding the younger’s raven hair. “It’s something that is so beyond your authority to handle. Say you’d do it aside your subconscious.”

Kai frowned for the answer he had not expected would come from the outspoken. “You’re not helping me. And it’s pathetic that I let Yeol holds her for the sake of my own self, which is the wrong way around.”

“Now, you’re talking about it… But, it happens already,” Baekhyun responded as he noticed Kai was puckering, he resumed it nonetheless. “Maybe it’s not the exact time, Kai… Time will tell you when everything’s right… It’ll brings you there, eventually.”

The younger pursed his lips, appeared to be hard discerning about it. As well as he later threw his back to the rest, sealing his own eyes with an arm, wishing that it was all would have ended very quickly.

 

It maybe was true that you cannot just unlove someone— when you know for sure, that someone was the one that you will love…

 

At all days.

 

At all times.

 


 

You are a mystery that come to me with the face of an angel

Your warmth, the person who gets to stay by your side

And to love you

I can’t believe that I get to be that person

 

A cold winter morning and an evening that’s a little lonely

We are together here

The darkness changes from the light that is you tonight

It’s an unbelievable miracle

 

Today I will hold you tightly

Giving you my heart and soul

You are my everything

For Life

I may be reborn but you are the reason it can be no one else but you

 

Even a thousand words seem to be not enough

For Life

 

When you get tired and worn out

I’ll try to be the bigger person

Who you’ll want to lean on

Someone full of presents

Like a Christmas tree

Like what you dream of when you’re younger

 

Life is a long harmony we are melted within

So that we may be more beautiful

Then silence, silence turns into a song that is you tonight

Into a song tonight, I want to listen to you forever

 

Today I will hold you tightly

Giving you my heart and soul

You are my everything

For Life

I may be reborn but you are the reason it can be no one else but you

 

I only want to be with you forever

 

Not everything will be easy

I will protect you

For Life

This love this love

It will be endless

 

Oh Never gonna let you go

Giving you my heart and soul

You are my everything

For Life

I may be reborn but you are the reason it can be no one else but you

 

I only want to be with you forever

I, I only want to be with you forever

For Life

 

For Life.

 

Yah, Kai! How many times are you going to listen to that song?” Baekhyun’s little head peeped on his housemate bedroom. “Get your lazy up and help us out for the dinner!”

It was a day before Christmas and the gang would have their usual get together as usual in the evening.

As everyone might have anticipated, Baekhyun surely was the most occupied party for the meal preparation along with;

“Hey!”

Another person had also peeked into the messy bedroom in the corner, waking up completely the lethargic Kai, as he didn’t expect her to be present so early in the apartment.

“You haven’t change your clothes since yesterday, have you?”

Kai turned off his in-room music player once noticing that it was Suzy arriving.

“Um,” he scratched his head whereas didn’t know how to answer her.

“He’s being emo since yesterday and put that goddamn song by repeat… You know what? I dreamt of it on my last night sleep.” Reacted the petite pal from the kitchen.

Kai scoffed as Suzy assisted him to get up, before they both were locating to where Baekhyun at. The petite pal has avoided to look at the two that much, except he wanted Kai to be mad for sending rascally signals as the girl was still being fond of him— for a bestfriend.

“What do I gotta do since you guys will be handling the entire thing?”

Kai asked his best friends when noticing there was not much he could do to help them, unless they wanted the meal became a failure.

Baekhyun took the ingredients from his kitchen cabinet, observing that most of it was empty. “You can buy some herbs and spices since we’re running out of it.” He showed the container. “I’ll write it down to you, hold on a sec.”

 

“Can I find these in near convenience store?” Kai asked when in a bit later he was getting dressed in his coat, still in the kitchen.

“Of course not,” Suzy sighed whilst chopping the tomato by mean was putting it to the food processor. “You can go to the big store nearby Oppa’s place. It’s fully provided many items.”

He furrowed when reading the note given by the eldest. “You’re saying that I need to go few blocks away just to buy dried greens?”

Kai didn’t notice that his bluntness has caused Suzy laughed, however, not the other demanding friend. Baekhyun was about to spell him with frequent nags, as well as he was avidly grinding the meat.

“Do you want us to cook bland, or even horrible tasting food? What do you expect of having last minute shop on holiday? Deal with it.” Responded him, very straight to his point. “Anyway, you haven’t showered yourself?”

Kai snatched the paper that he had put down on the counter, eyes were shooting tad fire to the older. “You don’t have to be mean like that,”

“Oh yeah, I forgot you’re being over sensitive and all for this period.”

Suzy just giggled hearing the two little argument.

“And yes, I have not showered myself ‘cause it’s damn cold and snowing outside.” He directed to the open-curtained adjoining the entrance, before was turning the knob to make the door opened. “I’ll make sure that I smell good before we start the Christmas dinner. You’re very welcome.”

Baekhyun hummed, watching the younger departing, as well as the girl on his side. “Careful with tons of mean people on your way purchasing foodstuffs.”

 

Thankfully, what Kai had predicted— and somehow was causing him thinking about the worst possibility— with many people queuing, until he needed to spent hours being in the said store, was not actually correct. He had managed to bought everything Baekhyun wrote as note, and he was already out from there not even more than hour from leaving the apartment.

In addition to his hunger has— in due course— made him stop in adjoining sandwich place for a quick bite. It wouldn’t take even fifteen minutes for such glutton as himself, to finished a meatball sub unaccompanied. Afterwards, he drank the bottled water without remained any drop of it, it was when he narrowed his eyes to spot a familiar figure was standing a few meters away. Kai was beholding his surroundings, noticing that the building he knew where one of his best friends lived was imminent. He examined what was the thought person doing with another girl— Eurasian, if you need a portrayal— until he witnessed him had passionately making out with her, afore waving as she left then with a cab.

He was torn in between calling the name he knew, he was not going to be fond if it was true, or just pretend that he never saw any of it happened.

“Yeol,”

Kai could not hold himself of calling the name, when he approached the taller by the pavement. After getting that the vehicle had finally disappearing from their sight. And when the called person was turning around to completely see him, none of them could restrain the disbelief to consider each other.

“K-Kai?” Chanyeol was on stance of outwardly escapee, as he stuttered to really sighted the younger in front of him. “W-what are you doing here?”

Kai had his dark eyes widened, “You tell me what the hell were you doing just previously?”

“I can explain,” Chanyeol reacted as he raised both his palms to restrain the younger pacing back.

Whereas Kai has moved also a couple steps to be nearer, at that time the older had run away.

“.”

Kai cursed inwardly as he proceeded pursuing the taller, not forgetting the foodstuffs entrusted by the housemate on hold.

 

It was nothing to be foreseen that he had caught Chanyeol was kind of cheating on Suzy, except the older was familiar enough to kiss his relative— or whoever— by the lips. The previous occurrence has reminded him of when she had to face a break-up as for dating a big jerk in the past— in which, he had never wished that she would have to get through it again at present.

He never thought of sprinting like a professional jogger, up till he realized that Chanyeol was— stupidly— retreating to the petite buddy’s apartment. By his utmost concern, the girl was already there ever since the day was beginning, not to getting Chanyeol would forever be a ladies’ man.

“Hello, nice to see you panting like that.” Baekhyun stated from where he was grasping sudden arrival of someone he so familiar of, at his place.

“Kai, Kai… Let me have my explanation,”

Chanyeol was the first to make an abrupt appearance to where Baekhyun and Suzy was engaged in the kitchen. The giant was directing an index so that the younger, who bolted and slammed the entrance, would be settle down. And so, he did not cause any fuss out of it.

He, then, moved closer to the other two, who were not understanding anything merely looking at them. At what time, he was standing alongside Suzy, then Kai had quickly seized her wrist, before shielding her with himself.

“Don’t you dare to cover this up from her!” Kai bellowed after he handed the shopping bag to the petite eldest.

“What’s wrong?” Suzy asked while kept looking at both of the taller guys.

Kai eyed her through his shoulder, by way staring to the older, yet again. “You tell everything to her, or else, I will.”

Chanyeol exhaled, in advance of gazing to the only girl. “We met near my flat and he—“

“I saw him kissed another girl.” Kai cleared it. Before was turning to beheld Suzy, as he was holding one of her hands. “I’m speaking the truth, I swear to God I’m not making this up.”

Suzy detached the hold from Kai, heaving a sigh to regard at Chanyeol’s big orbs. Kai was expecting her to be more impulsive for the fact he had discovered at the moment, up till the girl was staring at him and Chanyeol, back and forth.

“I know about oppa seeing this one girl,”

If not, what she revealed was indeed causing him felt both enraged and confused.

 


 

A/N: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have included (again) my favorite Winter Song in this chap and I hope you won't mind :)

So, what do you think about this one?