The Proposal

Still Believe

Jinyoung arrived at the restaurant and he saw Mark placing his head on the table.

“Baby, I’m sorry I’m late. We suddenly had this urgent meeting and …” Jinyoung was panting when Mark hugged him.

“I thought you forgot about our date. I thought you will not come here.” Mark sulked.

Jinyoung pulls away and cupped Mark’s face. “Why would I do that?” Jinyoung sighed. “Baby I’m really sorry. I promise I will make it up to you.”

Mark nodded his head and hugged Jinyoung. After they settle their selves, they called the waiter and order some foods.

 

“Mark, why is it it’s only us? Did you reserve the whole place?” Jinyoung joked.

“Hmmm, yes.” Mark answer while eating.

Jinyoung widened his eyes. “What?! Mark, I told you not to spend a lot of money when it comes to our dates. I know you’re saving for something.”

“Babe, Bambam helped reserved the whole place. Don’t you remember that the owner of this place was his cousin?” Mark explained to the younger.

“Really?”

“Yes. Now, finish your food. I have something to tell you later.” Mark ordered.

“Last question. Is it really necessary to reserve the whole place?” Jinyoung innocently asked.

“Yes. Now, finished your food before I you here.” Mark smirked when he saw Jinyoung quickly ate his food.

 

Mark and Jinyoung talked for a while after they ate their dinner. They talked about their work, Jinyoung’s evil manager, Jackson and Bambam being oblivious to each other, and Mark’s new projects.

 

“Jinyoung…” Mark called as he reached out the younger’s hand.

“Yes, hyung?” Jinyoung answer as he looked at Mark’s serious face.

“Jinyoung, I’ve been thinking about this lately. We’ve been together for 2 years already and … and I know that I want nobody else in my life except you and your mom. I love you so much that I don’t really know what to do if I’m going to lose you one day. What if you’re going to leave me? What if you’re going to abandon me just like what my mother did to me when I was still a baby? So I was thinking that tonight, is the right time that I would change your label of who you really are in my life.”

Jinyoung cocked his eyebrows. “Mark, what are you talking about? I’m not going to leave you baby, why are saying all these things?”

“I know.” Mark said as he stood up.

Mark made his way in front of the younger. Jinyoung was shocked when Mark suddenly kneeled on one knee. Mark held both Jinyoung’s hand and stared lovingly to him.

“Mark, it’s not what I’m thinking right?” Jinyoung asked out of nervousness.

“Yes, it is.” Mark smiled.

Mark grabbed something in his pocket and Jinyoung’s jaw dropped when he saw the older holding small red velvet box.

“Jinyoung… I know your thinking that it’s too early but, I know it’s already the right time for me to do this. I want to be with you not just forever but I want to be with you until the end. I promise to love you and only you.” Mark said as he opened the box.

Jinyoung was frozen in his spot. He didn’t know how to react or what to say and the fact that he’s blushing so hard right now didn’t really help.

“Will you marry me, Jinyoung?”

Jinyoung looked at Mark then to the ring, he caresses the ring and his tears suddenly fall. “It’s beautiful.”

Mark smiled. “Yes, just like you baby.”

Jinyoung looked at Mark and he pulled the older into a tight hug. “You’re really a man with full of surprises.

 

Yes … Yes Mark, of course I will marry you and I promise to be a good wife to you in the future.”

 

Mark smiled as he pulls away from the hug. He put the ring to Jinyoung’s left hand ring finger. Jinyoung looked at the ring that perfectly fits to him as his tears continue to drop. Mark wiped Jinyoung’s tears and cupped the younger’s face.

“Thank you for accepting me Jinyoung.” Mark said happily as he kissed the younger’s forehead and pulls him into a tight hug.

An applause echoed inside the restaurant, Jinyoung pulls away from Mark’s hug and they stood up as they saw Jackson and Bambam came out from the kitchen.

“Congratulations!!” the two said in unison.

“Bammie!” Jinyoung scream as he run towards the younger.

“Jinyoung hyung, it’s nice to see you again. I missed you so much.” Bambam said as he hugged Jinyoung.

“I’m so sorry Bam, I’ve been really busy with my work these days.” Jinyoung said as he pulls away from Bambam and they went to sat on the next table.

 

“Hey Markieee~” Jackson said as he threw his arms around Mark’s shoulder.

“Don’t you dare try to ask me Jackson. I know both of you watched the whole scene.” Mark said while staring at Jinyoung who’s laughing at Bambam’s cuteness.

Jackson laughed. “Yeah, I didn’t know that you’ve already overcome your cowardice.”

Mark hit Jackson’s chest and gave him a death glare. “Anyways, thank you for helping me tonight.”

“Anything for you Markie boy.”

 

Mark and Jinyoung came home late and Jinyoung was shocked when he saw his mother sitting on the coach while reading some magazines.

“Mom!” Jinyoung called and walked to his mother hugged her tight. “Mom, why are you still awake?”

“I was waiting for the both of you.”  Jinyoung’s mom smiled at Mark who’s staring at them from behind. “Mark, did he say yes?”

Mark chuckled. “Yes aunty, he did.”

Jinyoung pulls away from his mom. “Mom, you know about his proposal?”

Mrs. Park nodded her head and smiled. “Before he proposed to you, he asked my permission first. I trust him since I saw that his sincere, that’s why I gave him a yes.”

“Then why you didn’t tell me mom?” Jinyoung whine.

“Tell you? So that I will ruin Mark’s plan? No way, baby. Don’t you know that Mark really struggle to memorize his proposal speech to you?” Mrs. Park tries to tease Mark.

“Hey aunty, I didn’t memorized it.“ Mark pouted.

“No wonder your speech was kind of scripted.” Jinyoung said as he stuck her tongue out and his mother just laughed at them.