Make up

Still Believe

Mark stirred in his sleep when he felt someone was touching him. He slowly opened his eyes and he saw Jinyoung in front of him.

“Jinyoung?”

“Mark, why did you sleep here? Don’t’ you know that you had a high fever?!” Jinyoung asked as he looked at the older.

“I just fell asleep here.” Mark calmly said.

“Come on, let’s go home now.” Jinyoung stood up and went to get Mark’s backpack.

Mark looked at the paper bag that Jinyoung was holding a while ago. He reached it and take a looked at inside. “Jinyoung what is this?”

“Galbitang, mom cooked it for you.” Jinyoung said.

“For me?” Mark point to his self.

Jinyoung nodded. “Yes, she was so worried about you since last night. That’s why she called Jackson. Jackson told mom that you didn’t eat anything. So she made it and asked me to bring it to you.”

Mark started unpacking it when Jinyoung stopped him. “Eat that later, we need to go home now. You’re sick and I still need to buy some medicine for you.”

Mark pushed Jinyoung’s hand away. “I’m fine and I’m hungry.”

Jinyoung shook his head. “No, you’re –“

“Jinyoung…” Mark glared at him and the younger just looked down.

Mark ate in silence and Jinyoung grabbed a chair and sat a few tables away from the older. Mark didn’t even spare a glance at the younger. He just eat. Mark saw Jinyoung wiping his eyes.

He’s crying. Mark thought.

Mark immediately finished his food. He started to clean everything. Mark stood up and threw the garbage to the bin. He made his way back to the table and sat on the chair.

“Jinyoung?” Mark called the younger.

“What?” Jinyoung said without lifting his head.

“Come here.”

“Why?”

“I just wanted to hug you.”

Jinyoung slowly lifted his head and looked at Mark with tears. Mark sighed and he patted his lap for Jinyoung to seat. The younger stood up and walked towards the older. Jinyoung stood up in front of the older. Mark held his wrist and guided him to seat on his lap. Jinyoung wrapped his arms around Mark’s neck, he put his head on Mark’s shoulder and his tears began to fall. Mark wrapped his arms around the younger’s waist and he’s shirt started to get wet.

“Why are you crying?” Mark asked.

Jinyoung sniffed. “B-because I hate myself.”

“Why?” Mark furrowed his eyebrows.

“You’re sick because of me.”

Mark smiled.

“Mark…” Jinyoung called.

Mark hummed.

“I miss you.” Jinyoung said as he hugged the older tight. “And I’m sorry about last night. I know what you’re thinking and it wasn’t really like that, Mark. I was just accompanying Jaebum. He went to his lover’s grave and he asked me to come with him. I was about to text you at that time but my phone ran out of battery. And about the hug, it was really nothing. He was just glad that I accompany him. Please don’t be mad at me anymore.”

Mark just keep silent and hugged the younger so tight.

“I’m sorry.” Mark said in a soft voice.

Jinyoung pulled away and looked at the older. “Why are you saying sorry?”

“Because I also hate my … self?”

Jinyoung furrowed his eyebrows.

“I’m sorry because I didn’t listen to you and I didn’t gave you a chance to explain. I know I misunderstood everything.” Mark wiped the younger’s tears, he kissed Jinyoung’s forehead and hugged him. “I miss you so much and I’m sorry if I overreacted. I was just afraid, afraid that you’ll leave me one day because you had found someone who’s better than me.”

Jinyoung shook his head. “You’re perfect. I will never leave you.”

Mark closed his eyes and enjoyed Jinyoung’s warmth. “You know what, I forgot to say something.”

“What is it?” Jinyoung asked.

“I love you Jinyoungiee.”

Jinyoung giggled.

“I love you too hyung.”

 

They stayed like that for a while. Hugging each other like there’s no tomorrow. Jinyoung was the first one who pulled away, he suddenly remember that Mark was sick. They went home and Jinyoung takes care of Mark. Jinyoung didn’t left his side and he always checked Mark’s temperature.

Morning comes and Jinyoung fell asleep at Mark’s side while holding his hand. Mark’s temperature went back to normal. Jinyoung decided to take a day off to take good care of his fiancé.

Jinyoung was preparing their breakfast since his mother left them early in the morning. Mark came out from their shared room, he went to the kitchen and sat at the dinning area.

“I took a day off today.”  Jinyoung happily said while placing the food on the table.

“You did?” Mark asked in disbelief.

Jinyoung nodded.  “Mom had a work, no one can take care of you so I took a day off.”

“Did Jaebum agreed?”

“Here we go with Jaebum again.” Jinyoung rolled his eyes.

“I was just asking okay?”

Jinyoung shook his head. “I didn’t tell him.”

“Good, I’ll expect that he will call you nonstop.” Mark said as he started to eat his food.

“He won’t.”

Mark sighed.

 

“Jinyoung, can we go somewhere?” Mark asked.

“Mark, you’re still sick. Let’s just stay here.” Jinyoung declined.

Mark shooked his head. “No, I’m fine already. Jinyoung please… I want to show you something.”

“Okay okay fine, let’s go to that somewhere.”  Jinyoung gave up.

“Yes!” Mark happily exclaimed.