The Break Up

Still Believe

“Mark, I’m going to LA.”

Mark ruffled Jinyoung’s hair. “Jinyoung, if you’re planning to play around with me don’t use that line. It’s not funny.”

“But Mark I’m serious.” Jinyoung insisted.

Mark sighed and leaned his back on the couch. “Jinyoung, I thought you said that you already rejected that offer.”

Jinyoung looked down as he plays with Mark’s fingers. “I did but Jaebum offered me that job again saying that they offer a good salary and with that I can pay my debt to Jackson and Bambam and also Jaebum.”

Mark furrowed his eyebrows. “You had a debt with Jaebum?”

Jinyoung slowly nodded his head. “He lent me some money to complete the amount that we needed for mom’s operation. I rejected it at first but when I saw mom in pain, that’s when I decided to accept it so that mom can have the transplant right away and… I kept it from you. I’m so sorry.”

Mark slowly pulled his hand from the younger. “Why did you keep it from me?”

“Because I know that you will not going to agree with it.”

Mark stood up. “You can’t go there.”

Mark was about to walk away but he stopped when he heard Jinyoung speak. “I have to go Mark. I need that job to pay everything and I still need to support mom with her aftercare.”

“I told you we can do something about it Jinyoung. You don’t have to go far away from us.”

Jinyoung stood up and shook his head. “Even if I will find another job here and work day and night, it’s still not enough. The job in LA is the only choice I have.”

“So you’re going to leave me?” Mark asked.

“Mark it’s only 2 years, after my contract I promised to comeback and we can resume preparing for our wedding.” Jinyoung said.

“Only? Only 2 years? Jinyoung, don’t you know that a second away from you is already too much for me, how much more if it’s 2 years.” Mark turned his back.

Jinyoung moved closer and wrapped his arms around Mark’s waist. “Baby please, I need this job.”

Mark yanked Jinyoung’s arms and he turned to face the younger. “Just tell me the truth Jinyoung, this is only just for your self! It’s your dream to work overseas right?”

Jinyoung sighed. “Yes, it’s my dream but Mark I already told you that I’m not doing this just for myself. I’m doing this for mom and also for you. Why can’t you just understand me?”

Mark sighed as he washes his face with his hands. “Then choose… me… or your job in LA.”

Jinyoung looked at Mark in disbelief. “Mark…”

“Just choose Jinyoung. Me or that job?” Mark sternly said.

Jinyoung shook his head. “Mark you can’t do this to me. You cannot just let me choose like that!”

“Just choose.”

“Mark, no! It’s not a –“

“Choose!”

“I can’t! You can’t do this to me!”

“Just choose Jinyoung!”

“Mark please!”

“Jinyoung choose!”

“I said I can’t! Why can’t you just listen to me?!!”

“I SAID CHOOSE!”

“MY JOB!!!”

 

Silence.

 

“Mark…” Jinyoung muttered as he took a step towards Mark.

Mark stopped him and the older took a step back. “You already chose… and it’s not me. We’ll I guess you don’t love me that much.”

Jinyoung shook his head. “No, no Mark. Of course I love you.”

A fake smile plastered on Mark’s face. “You love me? You love me but you’re going to leave me? Does Jaebum will come with you to LA?”

Jinyoung closed his eyes and let out a loud sigh before he opened it. “Jaebum again Mark? Yes, Jaebum will come with me to LA but Mark please! –“

“You know that Jaebum likes you and it’s like your choosing to be with him over me. How pathetic I am, my fiancé is going to leave me...”

“Mark stop it! How many times do I have to tell you that there’s nothing between us. We’re just doing this for the company and I’m not going to leave you Mark!”

“Why should I stop? It’s the truth! You know that I hate people leaving me and I was expecting that you’re not one of them, that you won’t leave me but I was wrong –“

“Mark, stop!”

But Mark didn’t listen to him. “I was wrong to think that you’re going stay with me! I was wrong! You’re all the same! I don’t see any difference from you and my mother who abandoned me, you’re just the same with her Jinyoung! You’re just –“

 

*PANG*

 

Jinyoung can’t handle it anymore, so he did something that he shouldn’t. Jinyoung slapped Mark’s left cheek to stop him.

“It hurts to know that after all these years, you didn’t trust me. You didn’t trust my love for you.” Jinyoung said and his tears started to drop. “So what if Jaebum likes me? I don’t even care! Because I only laid my eyes on you! Because I love you! I love you so much that I even gave you everything!”

Jinyoung takes a deep breath before he continued. “But, I didn’t know that it wouldn’t be enough to prove my love for you.”

Mark just stood in front of Jinyoung, head hung down as his tears threatening to fall.

Jinyoung sniffed, gathering all his strength as he looked at Mark. “I don’t think this relationship will work anymore. Let’s just end everything. Let’s… let’s break up.”

Mark just stayed silent for a moment then he let out a loud sigh.

“I guess you’re right. Maybe, we should just end this.” Mark lifted his head and looked at Jinyoung. “Thanks for everything. Have a safe trip to LA. Goodbye. Jinyoung…”

And with that, Mark turned around and left the house. Jinyoung dropped his knees on the floor as he cried so hard. His heart was broken into pieces.

 

Jinyoung visited his mom with swollen eyes on the next day, when his mom asked him what’s wrong he suddenly burst out crying. His mom pulled him into a tight hug, when he calmed down he told his mom everything that happened, that he will go to LA and he broke up with Mark. Of course his mom was so disappointed to him, she told Jinyoung to fix everything before his flight to LA comes.

Since they broke up, Jinyoung didn’t saw the older anymore because Mark didn’t go home since that night. He always received a call from Jackson and Bambam saying that Mark always spent his night going to a bar and always went home drunk at Jackson’s place but he can’t bring himself to look for the older. He didn’t even have the guts to talk or even see Mark because for him, it will just hurt them too see each other.

Mrs. Park was discharged 3 days before Jinyoung’s flight to LA. Mark come home for the first time since they broke up, he want’s to visit Mrs. Park knowing that Jinyoung will not be in the house at this hour.

Mrs. Park widened his eyes when she saw Mark. She walked towards the boy and hugged him. “Mark! How are you? Did you eat well? Are you staying at Jackson’s place?”

Mark hugged her back and pulls away to answer her nonstop questions. “I’m fine, aunty. Yes, I’m staying at Jackson’s place and I’m here to visit you.”

Mrs. Park pulled him in the living room to sit on the couch. “Mark, what happened between you and Jinyoung?”

“He broke up with me, aunty.” Mark said as he looked down.

Mrs. Park sighed. “I know that he didn’t mean to say that, he was just drowned with his emotions at that time.”

Mark shook his head. “I know he mean it. He even said that things won’t work anymore between us.” Mark’s eyes started to welled up with tears but he wiped it anyway. “I missed him so much, aunty.”

Mrs. Park pulled him into an embrace. “I’m so sorry Mark. I know it’s my fault, if it wasn’t because of my illness Jinyoung will not accept that offer.”

“Aunty, it’s already done. Please don’t blame yourself, it’s Jinyoung’s decision.” Mark said as he pulls away.

Mark stayed there for a while, having a chat with Mrs. Park and he also takes good care of her. Mrs. Park was in the kitchen when Mark decided to go home before Jinyoung could see him.

“Aunty, I need to go now. Jinyoung will be here soon.” Mark said as he stood up from the couch.

“Are you sure you don’t want to wait for Jinyoung?” Mrs. Park asked as she walked towards the boy.

Mark gently shook his head.

“Mark, he will be leaving tomorrow.” Mrs. Park said softly.

Mark didn’t say anything as he nodded his head.

“You should take care of yourself okay? Come and visit me often too.” Mrs. Park hugged him and patted his head before she pulls away.

Mark nodded his head. “I will. Take care of yourself too, aunty.”

He then bid a goodbye and walked towards the front door when Mrs. Park called him and the boy turned to looked at her.

“I know everything will be fix soon. I believe that both of you are destined to be together and I want you to believe it also Mark.”

Marks tears threatened to fall when he heard Mrs. Park said that. He also wants to believe that they were destined to be together but not now, not when Jinyoung chooses to leave him. He gave her a small smile and nodded his head before he walked out from the house.

Mark hung his head down while walking when he suddenly bumped into someone, he muttered a sorry without lifting his head. Just when he was about to walk away, that someone called his name. He knows who the owner of that voice is, he missed hearing that beautiful voice. He lifted his head and turn around, that’s when he met Jinyoung’s eyes.

“Where are you going?” Jinyoung bravely asked.

“Home.” Mark coldly respond.

“But this is your home.”

“Not anymore.” Mark turned his back and started to walk away but he stopped when Jinyoung called him again.

“Mark…”

Mark didn’t say anything and he didn’t even turn around to face the younger. He just stood there, waiting for Jinyoung to continue.

“I’m leaving tomorrow.” Jinyoung said as he tried so hard not to stutter.

“So?”

So? Is that all he can say? So? Jinyoung can’t handle Mark’s cold shoulder towards him, he wants to burst out crying right now but he held his tears.

“Oh, I-I just wanted y-you to know.” Jinyoung finally stuttered.

Mark nodded his head still not turning around to see Jinyoung. “I’m not going to stop you. You’re free to go.”

And with that, Mark walked away.

Jinyoung released a heavy breath as he watch the older walking away from him until Mark disappear in his sight. He slowly turned around and went inside their house. After closing the door he leaned his back on the door, slowly sliding himself until his knees met the floor. He sat and brought his knees to his chest and hugged it. Mrs. Park was shocked to see Jinyoung sitting at the doorstep, she walked towards Jinyoung and crouched down. She saw Jinyoung’s eyes welled up with tears that’s when she knew that Jinyoung and Mark met outside, she pulled Jinyoung into a hug and that’s when Jinyoung finally released everything, he burst out crying in his mom’s embrace.

 

 

'Good morning passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for Flight OZ204  to Los Angeles. We are now inviting those passengers to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you.'

“It’s our call Jinyoung. Let's go.” Jaebum said and he stood up.

“Oh, okay.” Jinyoung murmurs as he stood up and grabbed his bag.

Jinyoung kept on looking back, he was hoping that Mark will come to stop him but no, Mark didn’t appear in his sight.

“He won’t come.” Jaebum said when he saw Jinyoung keep on looking back.

 

 

Mark was at the park, sitting on the bench beside a tree. He heard a noise from above and looked up to see a plane. Tears suddenly fell from his eyes, as he thought about his Jinyoung. Maybe, Jinyoung is inside that plane.

Until we meet again, Jinyoung. I love you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I was writing this chapter while listening to their song The Star/Farewell that was on a repeat mode. when i was writing the last part, i suddenly cried lol then i re-read it again still listening to the same song and my tears keep on falling XD