A Secret

Still Believe

“Oh Mark! Why are you here so early?” Peniel said as soon as he saw Mark entering the café.

“I have a lot of things to do that’s why I’m here and it’s already 8 in the morning, it’s not that early.” Mark stated.

“But you usually come here at 10 after you send your fiancé in his workplace.”

“ Peniel, I already made a sketch for the designs of the wall. I want you to check it and tell me if you have some corrections. I will go to the bathroom first.” Mark wanted to avoid the conversation especially when it’s about Jinyoung.

Peniel just looked at Mark, the way Mark avoided the topic when he mentioned ‘fiancé’ he knows that there’s something wrong between the two, he just shrugged and let the conversation dropped like that.

 

Jinyoung woke up and he didn’t saw Mark beside him. He took a shower and went downstairs, he saw his mother putting on her shoes, ready to leave.

“Oh Jinyoung, good morning sweetie. Mark prepared a breakfast for you, it’s in the table. I need to leave now.” Mrs. Park said when she saw Jinyoung coming down.

“Mom, where’s Mark hyung?” he asked.

“He left early in the morning.” Mrs. Park answered and saw how gloomy Jinyoung’s face was.

Mrs. Park sighed and she walked towards her son who’s standing in the living room. “Did both of you had a fight last night?”

“No, it’s just a misunderstanding mom.”

“Jinyoung, you know you can always tell me everything. Spill it, sweetie.”

Jinyoung let out a loud sigh. “My manager offered me a job to LA for 2 years…”

“What?! LA for 2 years?” his mom was shocked.

Jinyoung nodded his head. “See? You have the same reaction with Mark hyung.” He saw his mom massage her temples. “Mom, I was about to reject the offer but my manager said that he needs me to think about it.”

Mrs. Park sighed and held both Jinyoung’s hand. “Sweetie, you know that Mark hate people leaving him. His mother abandoned him, and his father, the one who take good care of him and treat Mark like his very own was also taken away from him. He only has us. Don’t leave him, Jinyoung. Don’t leave Mark. Don’t leave me. Don’t leave us.”

Jinyoung looked at his mom and he nodded his head. Mrs. Park hugged him and he hugged her back.

“I have to go now. Better eat your breakfast before you leave for your work, okay? Your future husband made it just for you.” She said as she pulls away from the hug, she poked Jinyoung’s cheek and kissed his forehead before she left.

Jinyoung went to the kitchen and he saw the breakfast that Mark made for him then a small smile plastered on his face. He wants to wake up every morning while hugging the older, he wants the older cook breakfast for him every morning just like this, he wants to be with Mark always, and he wants the older to be happy. And with that, Jinyoung already know that he doesn’t want to be far away from the person he really loved the most. If he really wanted that to happen then he needs to stay.

 

“Are you sure about this Jinyoung?” Jaebum asked in his stern voice.

Jinyoung nodded his head. “I can’t leave him, Jaebum.”

“It’s okay, Jinyoung. I understand, but if ever you will change your mind you can always come to me.”

Jinyoung shook his head and smiled. “It’s final, I wouldn’t change my mind.”

 

Jinyoung came home early and he went to the kitchen to cook for dinner.

A loud clicking noise from the front door was heard, Jinyoung turned off the stove and went to the living room to see who arrived. Jinyoung saw Mark but the older ignored him and made his way upstairs and went to their room. Jinyoung follow the older, when he opened the door he saw Mark went inside the bathroom. He sat on the edge of their bed and waited for the older to finish taking his shower.

When Mark came out from the bathroom he saw Jinyoung sleeping on the bed, he walked towards the younger. Mark crouched down, he brushed Jinyoung’s fringe and kissed the younger’s forehead then he stood up to find some clothes in closet.

Mark startled when he felt an arms wrapped around his bare waist.

Jinyoung leaned on Mark’s back as he back hugged the older so tight. “Are you still mad at me?”

No response.

“Hyuuung, please talk to me.”

Still, no response.

Jinyoung loosened his hug to the older but Mark held his arms then he turned around to face the younger. They stared at each other for a while then Jinyoung suddenly launched himself to the older and kissed him on the lips. The kiss got heated, Jinyoung grabbed Mark’s towel that was wrapped around the elder’s waist and tossed it.

Mark was completely , so he started to Jinyoung’s upper clothes still linking their lips together. The older pulls away as he unbuckled Jinyoung’s belt and remove his trousers. Mark captured Jinyoung’s lips again as he lifted him up, the younger wrapped his legs around Mark’s waist and slowly moved to their bed. Mark was hovering above Jinyoung, kissing the younger’s jawline, neck, down to his chest and his stomach.

Jinyoung bit his lips, hands gripping on Mark’s hair while the older harder into him. Jinyoung cries out when he finally released his seed and spilled it on his stomach. After a few more , Mark released a loud moan as he inside the younger.

Mark collapses on top of Jinyoung, both were panting and sweaty. He place a soft kissed on Jinyoung’s neck as he murmurs. “Don’t leave me, Jinyoung.”

Jinyoung hugged him so tight ignoring the sticky feeling between their bodies. “I won’t because I already rejected the offer.”

Mark pulls away and he looked at Jinyoung. “You… d-did?”

Jinyoung gave him a lovely smile and he nodded his head. “I did.”

Mark kissed Jinyoung and hugged the younger. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Mark.”

“Let’s take a shower together. I know you cooked something for dinner.” Mark said as he pulls away and carried the younger in the bathroom.

 

 

Mark and Jinyoung were cuddling in the living room while watching a movie when Mrs. Park arrived.

“Mom, you’re here.” Jinyoung said as they stood up and walked towards her.

“Aunty, are you alright?” Mark asked when he saw Mrs. Park’s tired and gloomy face.

Jinyoung cupped his mother’s face. “Mom, what happened? Tell me. Your eyes were swollen, did you cry?”

“I’m fine, Jinyoung.” She said as she yanked Jinyoung’s hand.

“No, you’re not.”

“Yes, I’m fine.”

“But mom –“

“For god’s sake, Jinyoung! I said I’m fine!”

Jinyoung was taken a back, it’s the first time his mom yelled at him.

“Sweetie, I’m sorry.” His mom scooted closer to him but Jinyoung take a step back and he bumps Mark shoulder and the older held him.

“I’m… I’m going to sleep now.” Jinyoung said as he turned around and ran to their room.

Mrs. Park just looked at Jinyoung as he let a loud sigh then she looked at Mark. “Mark, I’m sorry.”

Mark shook his head. “It’s okay, aunty. I will just talk to him. Did you already eat?”

Mrs. Park nodded his head.

“You should take a rest now, aunty.”

“I will, thank you Mark.” She hugged Mark before she went to her room.

As soon as Mrs. Park went inside her room, she leaned her back on the door and her tears started to fall again.

*FLASHBACK*

“I already got your result Mrs. Park. We saw a plaque that builds up inside your arteries and it’s reducing your coronary arteries and its getting worst already.” Dr. Lee stated.

“W-what does that mean?” Mrs. Park stiffened as she asked.

Dr. Lee looked at the test result of Mrs. Park. “These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. When plaque builds up inside your arteries it will reduce the flow of oxygen-rich blood to your heart and when that happens…”

“What? What will happen?”

“…when that happens a heart attack can occur.”

________

Mark went to their room, when he opened the door Jinyoung was already sleeping and he could see the younger’s wet cheeks. He sighed as he lounge himself beside the younger and pulled him into a hug.

 

 

Mrs. Park left early in the morning, leaving a breakfast to Mark and Jinyoung with a note beside. Jinyoung take the note and read it.

To my Sweetie,

I’m so sorry about last night, I made a breakfast for you and Mark. I hope you can forgive mommy . I love you baby!

-Mom

Jinyoung looked at Mark and the older gave him a comforting smile. “She didn’t mean it last night, Jinyoungie.”

The younger nodded his head and a small smile appeared on his face. “I know. I will talk to her this evening.”

 

Mark and Jinyoung were having a lunch with Jackson and Bambam. They we’re planning about the opening of Jackson’s new coffee shop, they were discussing about the new set of menu when Jinyoung’s phone rang.

Unknown number?

Jinyoung frowned but he still answered the call.

“Hello?”

Jinyoung was frozen in his spot, jaw dropped. The three looked at him in confusion when Jinyoung’s tears suddenly fall, phone still on his ear.