The Truth

Still Believe

Jaebum brought Yugyeom to the park, he was thinking about what Mark has said to him about winning Yugyeom’s heart that’s why he wants to spend some time with Yugyeom. They were playing in the park when Yugyeom asked Jaebum to buy him an ice cream.

“Jaebum appa, I want to eat ice cream.” Yugyeom said while tugging the hem of Jaebum’s shirt.

Jaebum smiled at Yugyeom. “Okay, Jaebum appa will buy an ice cream for you. Just wait here okay?”

Yugyeom nodded his head and continued to play with his mini basketball toy set. Jaebum left him to buy an ice cream, when Jaebum came back he saw Yugyeom running to get his ball that was rolling on the street. Jaebum saw a car approaching, he suddenly dropped the ice cream that he was holding and he ran as fast as he could while shouting Yugyeom’s name.

“YUGYEOM-AHH!!!!”                                  

But he was too late, Yugyeom was already lying on the street and he was surrounded by people. Jaebum ran and he kneeled down beside the boy.

“Yugyeom? Yugyeom-ah?! Baby wake up!” Jaebum called while shaking Yugyeom who was already unconscious.

Luckily, the ambulance came on time and they rushed Yugyeom to the nearest hospital. Jaebum was in panic, he doesn’t know what to do. He was so scared that something bad will happen to Yugyeom, when he already managed to calm himself he called Jinyoung.

Mark was showing the sketch of his new design furniture to Jinyoung when suddenly Jinyoung’s phone rang. Jinyoung looked at the callers name and he saw it was Jaebum. Jinyoung looked at Mark and the older smiled at him and nodded his head. Jinyoung stood up and went to a corner to answer the call.

“Hello Jaebum?”

Jaebum was panting and his voice was shaking. “Jinyoung…”

“What is it?”

“Jinyoung, Yugyeom was hit by a car.”

Silence.

“Tell me that you’re just kidding Jaebum.” Jinyoung said as his eyes started to get wet with tears.

“I’m so sorry Jinyoung.” Jinyoung can hear Jaebum sobbing on the other line.

Jinyoung shook his head, he don’t want to believe what Jaebum was saying. “No, it’s not true.”

Mark stood up when he hear Jinyoung nearly sobbing and he stands behind the younger.

“We’re rushing him to the nearest hospital, I will send you the name of it.” Jaebum said before hanging up the phone.

“No Jaebum! Wait!”

“Is there something wrong?” Mark held Jinyoung’s shoulders and turned him around to face him. He was startled when he saw Jinyoung crying and he wiped the younger’s tears. “Tell me what happened?”

Jinyoung sniffed and he looked at Mark. “Mark… Yu-Yugyeom…”

Jinyoung cried so hard, as he pulled Mark into a tight hugged. Mark returned the hug while caressing Jinyoung’s back. “Something happened to Yugyeom, Mark.”

Mark pulls away and he looked at Jinyoung. “What happened to him?”

“Jaebum told me that he was hit by a car.”

And just like that, Mark gets his car keys, he grabbed Jinyoung’s wrist and they rushed to the hospital after Jinyoung received a text message from Jaebum. When they arrived at the hospital, they went straight to the emergency room and there, they saw Jaebum outside sitting on the bench and his shirt was covered with Yugyeom’s blood.

Jaebum looked up and he saw Jinyoung and Mark approaching him. He stood up and was about to hug Jinyoung but the younger grabbed his collar instead. “What did you do to him?”

Jaebum shook his head as he tried to explain everything to Jinyoung while Mark was holding Jinyoung’s arms. “He asked me to buy an ice cream for him but when I came back I saw him chasing his ball on the street and there was a car approaching him… I tried to ran and save him but, but it’s already too late.”

“I told you not to take your eyes off of him!”

“Jinyoung stop it. Calm down.” Mark tried to stop Jinyoung but the younger didn’t listen to him.

Jinyoung was about to punch Jaebum when the door from the emergency room suddenly opened, they turn around their heads and they saw a nurse came out. Jinyoung pushed Jaebum aside and he began to trudge towards the nurse.

“Are you the relatives of the baby who was hit by a car?” The nurse asked.

“Yes, I’m his mother. Where is he? Is he alright?”

The nurse nodded his head. “He is still unconscious but don’t worry he doesn’t have any serious injury other than the scratches he had in his body.”

Jinyoung sighed in relief and Mark rubbed Jinyoung’s shoulders.

“But…” the nurse added. “Unfortunately, he lost a lot of blood so we need a blood donor for him whose blood is Type A. So basically, we need the father of the baby.”

Jinyoung stiffened and he looked down. Yugyeom needs a blood and they need Mark’s blood for it. Now, Mark will finally know everything.

“Jaebum you have to donate blood for Yugyeom.” Mark looked at Jaebum who’s leaning on the wall.

Jaebum looked at him and he slowly shook his head. “I-I can’t.”

Mark frowned. “Why? Do you want him to die?!”

“My blood type is not A Mark!”

Mark was taken a back, how com Jaebum’s blood didn’t match with Yugyeom. “But—“

“I’m sorry for interrupting the both of you but we are running out of time, the baby needs the blood right now.” The nurse interrupted them and the two turned their heads to her.

Mark clenched his fist on his side, he was so confused right now and his heart was surging for him to save the boy. “M-my blood Type is A and I want to donate for Yugyeom.”

Jinyoung widened his eyes, he lifted his head and he looked at Mark.

“Okay, can I have your name sir?” The nurse asked while writing something on the paper that she’s holding.

“Mark. Mark Tuan.”

“Okay Mr. Tuan, please follow me.”

Mark followed the nurse but Jinyoung suddenly grabbed his wrist and Mark turned to looked at Jinyoung.

“Mark…” Jinyoung murmurs.

Mark sighed and he held Jinyoung’s hands. “I will save him, I promise.”

Jinyoungs tears started to fall again and he nodded his head. “Please…”

Mark gave him a comforting smile and he wiped Jinyoung’s tears before he continued to follow the nurse.

When Mark disappeared in their sight, Jaebum started to walked towards Jinyoung but before he can get closer to the younger, Jinyoung suddenly speaks. “Stop right there.”

“Jinyoung… I’m so sorry.”

Jinyoung looked at Jaebum, his face was full of anger. “Sorry? If something bad will happen to Yugyeom inside that room, do you think a sorry would be enough?”

Jaebum looked down, he knows that a sorry won’t cut anything.

“Just pray that Yugyeom can survive because if not… I will NEVER forgive you, Im Jaebum.”

 

After almost 4 hours , the doctor came out from the emergency room, he happily announced that Yugyeom did survived and the baby is now in a stable condition. The doctor informed Mark and Jinyoung that they will transfer Yugyeom to a normal room and after that they can finally see Yugyeom.

Jinyoung told Mark to go home and take a rest but the older insisted saying that he wants to see Yugyeom until the boy wakes up. Mark went out to buy some dinner for Jinyoung when a nurse came and told him that he can now see Yugyeom. Jinyoung rushed to Yugyeom’s room and he burst out in tears when he finally saw his son, he slowly made his way towards Yugyeom and when he finally reached Yugyeom’s bed he hugged the boy carefully, he pulls away and caress Yugyeom’s face.

“Jinyoung… I bought some foods for you, you should eat first.” Mark said as he put the foods above the drawer.

Jinyoung sat on the chair beside Yuyeom’s bed and he shook his head. “Later, I still don’t have the appetite.”

“Nyoung, can I talk to you?”

Jinyoung lifted his head and he looked at Mark. He knows why Mark wants to talk to him, it’s about Yugyeom. He takes a deep breath before nodding his head. It’s the right time, he needs to tell Mark the truth.

Mark takes his hand and they sat on the couch. “I’m confused. Why is it Jaebum’s blood didn’t match with Yugyeom?”

Jinyoung looked at Mark. “Mark… J-Jaebum is not Y-Yugyeom’s father.”

“Then who is the father of Yugyeom?”

Jinyoung looked down and he started to shed tears again. Y-Yugyeom’s father was… was the one who donated his blood to him.”

“W-what? W-who is Y-Yugyeom?”

Jinyoung lifted his head and he looked at Mark whose eyes are welled up with tears. “Yugyeom is your son. He is our baby.”

Mark looked at Yugyeom and his heart sank when he finally realized what Jinyoung was saying. So that’s the reason why he felt something strange every time he’s with Yugyeom? It’s because Yugyeom is his only son. Mark’s tears finally dropped, he hung his head down as he put his hands on his head and started pulling his hair in frustration. Jinyoung held Mark’s hands to stop him.

“Mark I’m sorry. I’m so sorry for keeping this from you.” Jinyoung said as he cried so hard.

Mark lifted his head and he pushed Jinyoung’s hands. “Why did you keep it from me Jinyoung?? Why did you keep our son from me?!”

Jinyoung tried to hold Mark’s hand but the older always pushed it away. “Mark I’m sorry. I really really want to tell everything to you.”

“Now tell me. Tell me everything Jinyoung! I want to know the truth!”

Jinyoung sniffed and he tried to tell everything to the older. “O-on the day of my flight, I was at the airport when I suddenly changed my mind. I told Jaebum that I don’t want to go to LA anymore because I can’t dare to leave you but he forced me. When I arrived there, they suddenly changed my contract. Instead of staying in LA for 2 years they made it into 3 years. I never knew that I was pregnant at that time until I started to feel all the symptoms. I thought it was just normal but Jaebum brought me to the hospital when I fainted in the kitchen. There, I found out that I was already 1 month pregnant. I ran out from the hospital when Jaebum wants me to abort the baby.”

Mark widened his eyes when Jinyoung said that Jaebum wants to abort their son but Jinyoung ignored it as he continued to tell Mark everything. “But i didn’t do it. It’s our baby why should I kill him. I called mom because I wanted to tell you about it but she told me that you moved out from the house and you wanted to move on and forget about me. Then I received a photo of you and Peniel at Jackson’s coffee shop opening party and I saw that you’re not wearing our ring anymore. It hurts so much to know that you want to erase me in your life that’s why I decided to keep Yugyeom on my own.”

“But why didn’t you tell me when you were in my house?” Mark asked.

“Because… because Jaebum threatened me, he said that if I’m going to tell you the truth he will take Yugyeom away from me and I don’t want that to happen.” Jinyoung said as he cried and shook his head. “I’m sorry Mark.”

“Damn that Jaebum.” Mark said as he gritted his teeth in anger. “Don’t worry, as long as I’m here I will protect you and our baby.”

Mark shushed Jinyoung, he wiped the younger’s tears and pulled him into a hug. “I admit, I was really hurt when you left me. I got drunk, I locked myself inside the room, I didn’t eat and I was thinking about ending my life but then I tried to believe again, that you will come back to me one day and so I work hard until I become who I am now. You are my inspiration baby. The house that I built, it’s for you. It’s for us. Because I can still remember the day you said that you want to have our future there. Baby, I’m sorry if I wasn’t there when you are bearing Yugyeom, I wasn’t there when you are craving for some kind of foods and I’m sorry for not being there to hold your hand when you deliver our little baby. Thank you for giving him a chance to live and a chance to see the world. I’m sorry if I lacked as a father.”

Jinyoung shook his head while sobbing in Mark’s chest. “You didn’t lack. I saw how much you love Yugyeom even if you didn’t know that he is your son.”

Mark smiled and he kissed Jinyoung’s head. “And about that ring baby, I know it’s really silly but the truth is that I really didn’t purposely remove it. I forgot it on the sink at Jackson’s house before I came into that opening party and that photo, me and Peniel we were just good friends.”

Jinyoung cutely punched Mark’s chest. “How old are you that you even forget our ring on the sink?”

Mark just laughed at Jinyoung as he tightened his hugged to the younger.

“Mark…” Jinyoung called and Mark just hummed as a response. “Thank you for saving our little baby.”

Mark pulls away from the hug and he cupped Jinyoung’s face. “You know that I will do everything just for you and for him right?”

Jinyoung smiled and nodded his head.

Mark sighed, he looked at Yugyeom then back to Jinyoung. “I hope he will wake up soon. Did he already know that I am his father?”

Jinyoung hugged Mark and shook his head. “He kept on asking me but I didn’t tell him. He’s still a kid and he won’t understand everything but he’s a smart kid, he’s just like you.”

“It’s okay, let’s just tell him when he wakes up. Is it okay to you?”

Jinyoung pulls away, he looked at Mark and smile before nodding hid head. Mark slowly leaned to Jinyoung. Jinyoung’s smile slowly fades away and he blinks his eyes multiple times. Mark dropped a kiss on his forehead, nose and he kissed Jinyoung passionately on the lips. Jinyoung returned the kiss whole heartedly and they pulls away when both of them were gasping for air.

Mark placed his forehead against Jinyoung as he murmurs. “I really missed doing that to you.”

Jinyoung smiled and he pecked Mark’s lips before hugging the older again.

They stayed like that for a while, hugging each other as they wait for their little baby to wake up. Not knowing that Jaebum was standing at the door, listening to their whole conversation and watching the whole scene.