Gift

Still Believe

It has been two months since Mark and Jinyoung came back from their honeymoon. They brought a lot of souvenirs for their son, Mrs. Park and for their friends. They shared their great experience at Jeju Island which Jinyoung will never forget and he thanked Jaebum for letting them experience all those things.

 

Jinyoung woke up early to buy some things he needed for Mark’s birthday, he kissed Mark’s forehead who’s peacefully sleeping beside him. He gets off from the bed and went to the baby room, he saw Yugyeom still sleeping and he walked towards his son and kissed Yugyeom’s cheek before he went to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

“Morning Jin.” Jinyoung greeted, after taking a bath he went to the kitchen and he saw Jin making breakfast for them.

“Morning Jinyoung-ssi.”

“Aish Jin, I told you to the drop the ssi thingy. It’s too formal.” Jinyoung chuckled and went closer to the boy. “Let me take over, Jin. You should rest sometimes.”

“It’s okay Jinyoung, I’m used to it. I always woke up early to cook breakfast for Mark.”

Jinyoung smiled as he sat on the chair in the kitchen island. “Thanks for taking care of him Jin.”

“Nah it’s nothing, Jinyoung. I owe him a lot that’s why I’m working for him.” Jin turned around to look at Jinyoung. “Do you want coffee? I will make it for you.”

Jinyoung stood up and went to the side to make a coffee. “It’s okay Jin, just continue cooking. I will make it instead, you want some?”

Jin smiled and nodded his head before he turned his attention back to the food his cooking.

“Jin, I have a favor.” Jinyoung muttered while his making their coffee.

“Yes, what is it?”

“Can you accompany me today? I want to buy some things I need for Mark’s birthday party later.”

Jin looked at Jinyoung as he gave him a smile that says a yes.

 

 

Jaebum was smiling as he sat in front of Youngjae’s grave and placed a fresh bouquet of flowers he brought for him.

“Hello my love, how are you doing?” Jaebum muttered wiping his late lover’s gravestone to remove the dust. “I was busy yesterday so I failed to drop here after my work, I’m sorry Youngjae-ah. By the way, today is Mark’s birthday. Jinyoung will be having a party for his husband and I’m going to spend my night there.”

Jaebum heard footsteps coming and sat beside him just a few meters away from him. He turned to looked at that person who had just arrived, his eyes widened when he recognized that it was Jimin bringing flowers and placed it beside the grave.

“J-Jimin?”

Jimin frowned and turned his head to the person beside him. “Oh Jaebum?”

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Jaebum glanced at the gravestone reading the person’s name before he looked Jimin again. “Visiting a relative?”

“Kinda.” Jimin looked down. “He’s my… boyfriend. He died because of an illness.”

“Oh I’m sorry Jimin.”

Jimin looked at the sky and plastered a cheeky smile. “It’s okay, I already accept everything and I know he’s already happy up there.” He then looked at Jaebum. “What about you? Why are you here?”

“Hmmm, same as you.” Jaebum muttered and looked at Youngjae’s name that was engraved on the gravestone. “He’s also my boyfriend… he died in a car accident. I always come here everyday to visit him.”

“Me too, how come I didn’t see you?” Jimin asked.

Jaebum looked at Jimin. “I always come here after work.”

Jimin’s mouth formed into a small “o” and he nodded his head. “So that’s why. I come here before work.”

Both of them exchanged a heart warming smile then Jimin looked away as he tried to hide his cheek that is now tinted with rosy pink. Jaebum’s heart skipped a beat when he saw Jimin blushing and he smiled like an idiot because he thinks it was cute.

“Don’t you have a work today?” Jaebum asked.

Jimin shook his head. “It’s my day off. You?”

“I freed my schedule today because it’s Mark’s birthday and Jinyoung did invite me to come to their house.”

Jimin widened his eyes, he forgot about Mark’s birthday. He remembered that Jinyoung invited him too.

“What’s wrong?” Jaebum asked when he saw Jimin gets slightly shock.

“Jinyoung did invite me too and I forgot to buy my gift for director.”

Jaebum chuckled. “It’s okay, I still need to buy my gift for him too. Wanna come with me?”

Jimin hesitates but he shyly nodded his head anyways.

Jaebum smiled and looked at Youngjae’s gravestone. “Youngjae-ah, I need to go. I will come back here tomorrow I promise.”

Jimin smiled as he looked at Jaebum talking to Youngjae, they both love the person who left them because their time has already come to leave the world but both of them know that they need to move forward and accept everything.

They’ve learned a lot of things to each other when Jaebum drove Jimin home after attending Mark and Jinyoung’s wedding but neither of them talked about their heartaches for of their late lovers.

Jimin realized that they both shared the same fate in life and if that’s the reason why both of them have crossed their paths then he’s willing to give another chance for his heart.

Jaebum stood up on his feet and offered a hand to help Jimin to stand up. Jimin plastered a shy smile and accepts Jaebum’s help. Jaebum pulled him to stand up, Jimin lost his balance but Jaebum was fast enough to wrap his arms around Jimin’s waist and pulled him closer and that’s when their chest bumped to each other and their faces were extremely close.

“I-I’m sorry.” Jimin stuttered and pulls away.

“No, it’s okay.”

Jimin looked at his boyfriend’s grave and smile. “I need to go now. I’ll be back tomorrow don’t worry, bye Jungkookie.”

He turned around and made his way towards Jaebum’s car. Jaebum glanced at Youngjae’s grave, he knows that Jimin was Youngjae’s gift for him and if the younger really wants him to be happy then he would try to open his heart again for Jimin.

He turned around and followed Jimin, when they get inside the car Jaebum suddenly asked Jimin something.

“Jimin?”

“Hmmm?” Jimin turned to looked at Jaebum.

“Are you free this weekend?”

Jimin nodded his head. “Yeah, why?”

“Can you… go on a date with me?”

 

 

Jinyoung put his hands on his waist as he finished decorating the house with birthday banners and balloons, he looked at Yugyeom whose busy playing with the small balloons together with Sanha.

He looked at their wall clock and it reads 5PM, which means Mark will be home soon. He made his way to the kitchen and saw that the foods were almost done, he’s thankful that his mom and Bambam came to help him. They all turned their heads when they heard the door bell rang.

“I’ll get it.” Jin ran to open the gate.

Jinyoung, Bambam and Mrs. Park went to the living room and they saw Jimin and Jaebum entered the house, the two hugged them before they sat on the couch.

“Uncle!” Yugyeom shouted and ran towards Jaebum with a balloon in his hand.

 Jaebum smiled and he lifted Yugyeom to sit on his lap while Jimin made Sanha sat on his lap.

“Ooooh what a perfect family.” Jinyoung cooed and they all laughed.

“Jinyoung hyung, Jackson hyung texted me saying that he’s already with Mark hyung and they’re on their way here.”

Jinyoung smiled to Bambam before he excused himself to check if everything is already set. Jaebum put Yugyeom on the couch and followed the younger in the kitchen to help.

“Jinyoung-ah, let me help you.”

Jinyoung lifted his head and gave Jaebum a creepy smile. “Hey lover boy, I thought you’re not interested with him. Now, care to explain why both of you came here together?”

“Stop smiling Jinyoung, it’s so creepy.” Jaebum muttered as he grabbed one cupcake.

Jinyoung snatched the cupcake from Jaebum’s hand and that made Jaebum to glare at him. “The birthday boy isn’t around yet so we can’t eat his foods without him but if you really want to eat this sweet cupcake then answer my question first.”

Jaebum sneered and pick up another cup cake but Jinyoung snatched it again. “Okay okay fine! I saw him at the cemetery this morning.”

Jinyoung raised his eyebrows.

“The grave that is beside Youngjae’s was his boyfriend who died because of an illness and so we came here together.”

“Oooh, so you have the same past experience?  Then it means that both of you were destined to be together.” Jinyoung gave Jaebum one cupcake. “Nothing else?”

“Yeah, I guess we were really fated to each other so…”

“So…?”

“So I asked him out on a date.”

Jinyoung widened his eyes, he can’t believe that Jaebum reopened his heart for Jimin. “Really?”

Jaebum nodded his head. “Can I have my other cupcake now?”

“Wait! And what did Jimin say?”

Jaebum looked at Jinyoung and a small smile slowly made it’s way on Jaebum’s lips. “He said yes.”

“Oh my god I’m so happy for you hyung!” Jinyoung said happily as he kept on jumping towards Jaebum and he hugged the older.

Jaebum hugged Jinyoung back and smiled. “Thanks Jinyoung.” He pulls away and grabbed his cupcake.

Jinyoung was about to kill Jaebum when Bambam shouted from the living room.

“Mark hyung is here!”

Jinyoung and Jaebum ran to the living roomand they readied their selves, Jinyoung asked Yugyeom to open the door before he switched off the lights.

Yugyeom opened the door, he smiled and open his arms to his daddy. “Appa, happy birthday!”

Mark grinned as he lifted Yugyeom in his arms and kissed his son’s forehead and chubby cheeks. “Thank you baby.”

Mark and Jackson entered the house, Mark frowned when he saw that all the lights were turned off. “Jackson, can you please turn on the lights.”

Jackson switched on the lights, Mark was greeted with a big birthday banner for him while everyone shouted. “Happy Birthday Markiee!!!”

Mark smiled so bright then he saw Jinyoung approached him with a cake.

“Blow your candles honey.” Jinyoung softly muttered.

“I didn’t expect this, you prepared too much.”

“It’s not even enough, now blow your candles.”

Mark was about to blow the candles when Yugyeom covered his mouth. “Appa, make a wish first.”

They all laughed at Yugyeom then Mark closed his eyes as he make a wish. He then opened his eyes and blew the candles.

Everyone gathered at the dining area and started to happily eat their dinner and then they also eat the desserts that Jinyoung made.

After having their dinner, they stayed at the living room for them to give their presents to the birthday boy. After giving their presents, they spend the rest of the time playing some games and having chitchat.

It was already pass midnight when they decided to leave, Mark and Jinyoung thanked them for coming and spending their time at the house. Yugyeom fell asleep on the couch, he got tired playing around with Sanha. Mrs. Park asked Jin to bring Yugyeom to his room and says goodnight to the two who’s cleaning.

After cleaning, Mark and Jinyoung finally went to their room to take a rest. They were lying on their bed when Jinyoung noticed that Mark was really quiet ever since their friends left and the older didn’t even cuddle him.

“Mark?” Jinyoung called without looking at his husband.

Mark just hummed.

“Jaebum told me that he asked Jimin out on a date and Jimin did say yes.”

“Oh really? Then that’s great, I’m happy for him.” Mark answered bitterly.

Jinyoung frowned and he tried to get Mark’s attention again. “Mark?”

“Hmmm?”

Jinyoung looked at his husband, he scooted closer and wrapped his arm around his husband’s waist. “Happy birthday babe.”

“I thought you will never say that, I was really upset when you’re gone when I woke up this morning and then you didn’t even greet me. I thought you will be the 1st person to greet me but it’s not.” Mark ends his speech with a pout.

Jinyoung burst out laughing and Mark gave him a death glare.  “So that’s why you’re ignoring me right now?”

Mark nodded his head.

“I didn’t greet you this morning because I preferred to say it at the end of the day and I want to be last person to greet you.” Jinyoung pecked Mark’s lips. “Don’t be mad at me okay?”

Mark didn’t listen to Jinyoung and he just kept on pouting.

Jinyoung sighed and he sat up. “I have something for you.”

Mark frowned and he sat up while Jinyoung took something in the drawer. “What is it?”

“This!” Jinyoung gave him a long rectangular box with a blue ribbon.

Mark took the box and he looked at Jinyoung. “Baby, you already prepared a birthday party for me and that’s enough. You don’t have to give me some gifts.”

Jinyoung smiled and wrapped his arms around Mark’s waist while he placed his chin on Mark’s shoulder. “Come on babe, I know you will be happy when you saw what’s inside that box.”

“It’s obviously a necklace Jinyoungiee.”

“Hmmm, let’s see.”

Mark glared at Jinyoung but the younger just gave him a grin, he shook his head and started to untie the ribbon. He furrowed his eyebrows when he opened the box, he saw a small white rectangular shape thingy that was place upside down inside the box. He took it from the box and reversed it.

It’s a pregnancy test kit.

Mark widened his eyes and mouth agape when he saw two lines in the test kit. He turned to looked at Jinyoung who’s smiling at him. “Is this true?”

Jinyoung peck on Marks lips and he nodded his head. “Yes, it’s 100% true.”

Mark pulled Jinyoung into a tight hug as he muttered a thank you over and over again.

Jinyoung pulls away and he saw Mark’s tears falls down on his cheeks. He wiped Mark’s tears, kissed his forehead and pulled him into a hug again. “We will be having another angel soon.”

“Thank you Jinyoung. I promise I will take good care of you while you’re carrying our second child.” Mark said as he pulls away. “This is the best gift that I’ve ever received. Thanks Jinyoung.”

“You’re welcome.” Jinyoung smiled to his husband.

Mark cupped Jinyoung’s face and kissed the younger on the lips, Jinyoung returned the kissed wholeheartedly and wrapped his arms around Mark’s neck.

“I love you so so much my Jinyoungiee.” Mark said between the kiss.

Jinyoung pulls away and pressed his forehead against the older. “I love you too, more, so much Markiee.”

Mark chuckled and he captured Jinyoung’s lips again.