Prank

Still Believe

Mark and Jinyoung were childhood friends.  They are best friends and they treat each other equally even if Mark is older than Jinyoung by a year. They grew up together, attend the middle school together and they even went to the same university. As they spent their lives being together, it’s not possible for them to fall in love.

Mark fell in love with Jinyoung because of the younger’s caring side. Mark always like that feeling when someone is taking good care of him especially when he’s already living alone. His mother abandoned him when he was still a baby and he was raised by an old man who found him in his doorstep. He treated Mark as his own son and Mark treated him as his own father too. But as what they’ve said, happiness doesn’t mean to last forever. His father passed away when he was in his last year in middle school. Mark was really devastated during that time but Jinyoung always stay by his side and takes good care of him. He applies for a scholarship and entered college with Jinyoung. He even had a part time job in a coffee shop near the University.

Unlike Mark, Jinyoung was blessed enough. He’s living with his mother that takes good care of him everyday. He can’t even imagine if his mother will leave him alone in this cruel world. Jinyoung fell in love with Mark ever since they were still young. Mark always acts like a big brother to him and his feelings for the older grew stronger as time goes by. Jinyoung’s mother treat Mark as his oldest son and she even told him to live with them since it’s lonely for him to live alone. But Mark always says no to her offer.

                                                    

Mark was the one who initiated first. He can’t hide his feelings to the younger anymore. He’s a bit coward when it comes to confessing his feelings towards Jinyoung. So instead of making a romantic love confession, he pulls a prank on Jinyoung. He loves teasing Jinyoung that’s why he comes up with this idea. But he doesn’t expect that Jinyoung will get hurt easily.

Jinyoung ends up crying because of that stupid prank that Mark planned for him. Mark felt guilty of what he did, so he went to Jinyoung’s house to ask for an apology. But it seems like Jinyoung doesn’t want to see nor talked to him. Mark stayed outside Jinyoung’s door, waiting for the younger to come out and talked to him. He doesn’t want to go home until Jinyoung won’t show up in front of him.

 

Jinyoung’s mother just shook her head and smile. She knew that both Mark and Jinyoung were in love to each other but they were just so oblivious to notice it.

 

 

Morning comes and Jinyoung’s mother was shocked to see that Mark fall asleep at the doorstep while waiting for the younger.  She comes closer and shook Mark’s shoulder. “Mark dear, wake up. It’s already morning.”

Mark rubbed his eyes and slowly opened it. “Oh, hi aunty… Good Morning.”

“Good Morning dear. Why did you sleep here outside Jinyoung’s room?”

“Oh I’m so sorry aunty. I was waiting for Jinyoung to come out from his room; I didn’t notice that I slept here.” Mark stood up.

“You two, really… having a couple fight.”  Mrs. Park giggled.

“Unfortunately we’re not a couple aunty.” Mark sulked.

“Whatever Markie dear, I know you like Jinyoung so much it’s too obvious.” Mrs. Park said while making her way to the kitchen and Mark followed her.

“Hey, stop sulking okay? I had prepared your breakfast, after you finish eating just go upstairs and make up to him okay?” she kissed Mark’s forehead and started making her way to the front door.

“Thanks aunty.” Mark said while following Mrs. Park

“Just tell Jinyoung that I go to work okay?” Mrs. Park said while opening the door.

“I will aunty, please take care.” She smiled and nodded to Mark before leaving.