Leaving

Still Believe

“I’m going to France.” Mark muttered as soon as he sat on the couch.

“What??” Jackson and Bambam said in unison as they widened their eyes in shock.

“The company assigned me to handle their branch in France so, I’m going to live there.”

“You’re not coming back here?” Jackson asked and Mark slowly shook his head.

Jackson and Bambam gasped, Mark sneered at them and the two immediately sat beside the older. Jackson was sitting on the left side while Bambam was on the other side.

“Are you sick?” Jackson placed a hand on Mark’s forehead and the older slowly pushed it away.

“I’m fine, okay?”

“No you’re not!” Bambam angrily protested. “Why are you making decisions without informing us first? Is this because of Jinyoung hyung’s wedding?”

Mark turned to looked at Bambam and he sighed. “Bam…”

“When is your flight?” Jackson asked in a serious tone.

Mark leaned his back on the couch before he speaks. “It was scheduled on Jinyoung’s wedding day.”

“It’s 3 days from now?” Jackson looked at Mark. Bambam just stayed silent he knows that his husband started to get angry. “Is this how you escaped this heart breaking situation? By leaving? Don’t you want to stop it? Are you going to gave up on him that easily?”

“Jackson I’m tired. I’m tired fighting for him, for our love.”

“You didn’t even try it and now you’re saying that you’re tired?” Jackson said in a mocking tone.

“Jackson hyung…”  Bambam tried to halt his husband.

“Can you leave us for a moment Bam? I want to talk to him.”

Bambam nodded his head, he stood up and patted Mark’s shoulder before leaving the two in the living room.

“What are you doing?” Jackson asked the older as soon as Bambam left them.

Mark knows that Jackson is angry to him and the younger was just holding himself not to blurt it out. “I just need some time to think.”

“And by doing that, you’re letting the wedding to take place.”

“I know.” Mark murmurs as he looked down.

Jackson gave Mark a pity look before he speaks. “Why can’t you just fight for him? I know you love him so much.”

Mark lifted his head and he looked at his best friend. “There’s a saying that if you really love someone, you should let them go.”

“That saying is best to be thrown at Jaebum not in you.” Jackson saw Mark gave him a small smile. “You’re so generous.”

“I’m not generous. I’m greedy.  It’s just that the person that I really want to keep is not really for me.”

Jackson didn’t say anything as he looked at Mark. How come the world is so cruel to Mark, he was abandoned by the people he loved since he was still a baby and even until now.

“What about Yugyeom?” Jackson suddenly asked.

“I need to see and spend some time with him before I leave.”

 

 

Mrs. Park received a call from Mark early in the morning saying that he will drop at her house to fetch Yugyeom. When Mark arrived there he saw Jinyoung coming out from the house, Mark bowed to him which really made him shock before he walked pass the younger but he stopped when Jinyoung called him.

“Mark…”

Mark released a heavy breath before he slowly turned around to face Jinyoung. “I’m taking Yugyeom to the amusement park today and… can he sleep at my house tonight?”

Jinyoung nodded his head. “Yes, he can.  You don’t… have to ask my permission. You’re his father, you have rights too.”

Mark smiled at him and bowed before he gets inside the house. Jinyoung’s eyes becomes teary, he really missed that smile so much not just the smile but also the person who owns that lovely smile.

“Why he kept on bowing at me?” Jinyoung asked himself before he wiped his tears and made his way to the park where the annoying Jaebum was waiting for him.

When Mark entered the house, he saw Yugyeom in the living room watching his favorite cartoon. Yugyeom lifted his head and he saw his daddy smiling at him, he immediately ran to his daddy and Mark lifted him in his arms.

Yugyeom hugged Mark so tight. “Appa I miss you!”

Mark pulls away and he looked at his son. “Really?”

Yugyeom nodded his head.

“Appa miss Yugyeom too.” Mark kissed Yugyeom’s forehead and his son kissed his cheeks. “Baby where’s halmeoni?”

Yugyeom pointed to the kitchen. “She’s in the kitchen appa.”

Mark smiled to his son and he nodded his head. “Appa will talk to halmeoni for a while okay? Just stay here.”

Mark placed Yugyeom back on the couch and he went to the kitchen. He saw Mrs. Park placing the last plate in the storage.

Mrs. Park turn around and smiled when saw Mark bowed to her. “Are you leaving now with Yugyeom?”

“Aunty, can I talk to you first?”

Mrs. Park nodded her head and he offered Mark to sit on the chair at the dinning area which he gladly accepts.

“What is it Mark?” Mrs. Park asked as soon as she sat across Mark.

Mark bit his lips as he looked down, he doesn’t how to start but he needs to tell her about him leaving for France. “I’ll be leaving tomorrow aunty. I’m going to France.”

Mrs. Park pursed her lips into a thin line and she tilted her head. “That’s a sudden decision Mark.”

Mark lifted his head and he looked at Mrs. Park with his worried eyes. “Aunty, actually… the company wanted me to handle their branch in France. This was assigned to me since last year but I rejected it, but now… I decided to finally accept it. I’m… aunty I’m so sorry.”

“I understand it. There’s no need for you to apologize about it Mark…” Mrs. Park muttered softly to the boy. “It is because of Jinyoung that’s why you rejected it right? And it’s also because of Jinyoung why you finally accepted it?”

Mark looked down and he slowly nodded his head. He can’t lie to her, Jinyoung’s mother really know him well.

“You will not take Yugyeom with you that’s why you want to spend some time with him today?”

Mark nodded his head again. “Aunty I promise to visit Yugyeom whenever I’m going to come back here in Korea. I will call him always especially when he doesn’t want to eat. But… aunty can you promise me something?”

Mrs. Park leaned to the table and signal Mark continue. “Aunty, please let Yugyeom stay with you. As a father of Yugyeom, I don’t want him to live with Jaebum anymore. And can you please keep this from Jinyoung? I don’t want him to know that i'm leaving.”

Mrs. Park looked at him in surprise but she then smiled and reached Mark’s hand to hold. “You can trust me on that. I owe you a lot so it’s time for me to repay it.”

“Aish aunty, how many times do I have to tell you that you didn’t owe me.” Mark whined and Mrs. Park chuckled at him. “Oh aunty, I will take Yugyeom to the amusement park and… can he sleep at my house tonight? I already asked Jinyoung about it.”

Mrs. Park furrowed her eyebrows. “You talked to him?”

Mark nodded his head. “I met him outside when I arrived. Where is he going?”

“Jaebum called him to prepare for their wedd—“ Mrs. Park paused and he looked at Mark. The boy just gave her a reassuring smile so she sighed and continue. “to prepare for tomorrow’s event. Whenever he’s going to meet Jaebum, he never brought Yugyeom with him.”

Mark hummed in response.

“I wish I could tell you everything.” Mrs. Park suddenly said it out loud which caught Mark’s attention.

“What do you mean aunty?” Mark asked in confusion.

Mark did hear it, great!

Mrs. Park panicked as she thinks of a best way to escape this. “Ahm… it’s getting late Mark dear. You should probably get going now, you know Yugyeom was very excited to visit the amusement park today.” Mrs. Park said as she stood up and went to the living room. Hoping that the conversation will drop like that and it did.

 

 

Mark brought Yugyeom to the amusement park and he bought tickets so that they can experience all the rides. When lunch time comes, he brought Yugyeom to a restaurant and both of them enjoyed eating their lunch. Mark stared at Yugyeom while his son is eating and laughed whenever Yugyeom has something on his lips, Mark will wiped it for him and Yugyeom will just grinned at him. He’s going to miss this cute little boy when he’s already in France.

After having their lunch, they resumed spending their time together in the park. Mark bought Yugyeom a cotton candy when his son keeps on nagging to buy it for him.

It’s almost dark when both of them got tired, Mark looked for a bench for them to sit and rest.

“Did you have fun?” Mark asked his son who’s sitting beside him.

Yugyeom looked at him and he playfully nodded his head. Mark laughed at him and he pinched Yugyeom’s cheek. Yugyeom turned to look at some girls giggling that was sitting next to their bench.

“He’s so handsome, is that his son? Aigooo I want to be his mommy.”

“You’re right, I think he doesn’t have a mom because it’s only the two of them. I want to be his wife.”

Yugyeom jumped off the bench and he stood up in front of his daddy. “Appa, let’s go home now! Mommy is waiting for us!”

Mark frowned for a while before he got Yugyeom’s cue. He lifted Yugyeom in his arms. “Okay. We’ll call mommy to buy some foods for him before we get home.”

Yugyeom looked at the girls who were shocked to hear that he indeed has a mom. He raised his eyebrows at them before he stick his tongue out. Mark brought Yugyeom to Jackson’s coffee shop to have their dinner before they went home.

 

“Baby, I didn’t know you’re a good actor.” Mark teased his son.

They just had their shower together and Mark was drying Yugyeom’s hair.

“Umma get mad at me because I like watching dramas than cartoons.”

Mark laughed at his son as he tried to imagine how Jinyoung handle their son’s silliness.

“Appa, why is it all your stuffs were packed?” Yugyeom asked when he saw some luggages in Mark’s room.

Mark mentally slaps himself, he forgot to transfer all his luggage to the other room. He stood up and threw the towel to his laundry basket before he crouched down in front of his son.

“Baby, daddy has something to tell you.” Mark held Yugyeom’s hands and he looked at his son. “Daddy… will go far away and I don’t know when will I come back. But daddy will call you everyday, I promise.”

Mark’s heart sank when he saw Yugyeom’s eyes b with tears. He immediately wiped it and Yugyeom pouted as he shut his eyes so that more tears will fall. Such a cute kid.

“Appa will leave Yugyeom alone?” Yugyeom said as he sniffed.

“Baby you’re not alone. Halmeoni will take care of you and there’s also mommy. They will take good care of you when appa is not around.”

Yugyeom’s tears keep on rolling down on his cheek. Mark sighed, he lifted Yugyeom in his arms and he sat on the bed as he put his son on his lap. “Baby, don’t cry. Daddy will cry too. You want that?”

Yugyeom wiped his tears and he shook his head.

“Baby, daddy loves you so much. I hate leaving you but daddy need some time to think. Daddy will call you everyday, you can also asked Halmeoni to call me if you’re going to miss me. I promise I will come back soon for you. Is that okay?” Mark tried to persuade his little son who started to calm down.

Yugyeom nodded his head and he gave his father a smile. “I love appa too.”

Mark smiled at him and he saw Yugyeom lifted his hand as he shows his pinky finger.

“You will come back for me. Promise?”

Mark nodded his head and he kissed Yugyeom’s cheeks before locking his pinky finger with his son’s. “I promise.”

                                                           

 

“Can you stay here with me? Since tomorrow is our wedding day.” Jaebum asked as he sat beside Jinyoung in his living room.

Jinyoung glared at him and he turned his attention back to the television.

“Aren’t you happy that tomorrow is already our wedding?” Jaebum asked him again.

Jinyoung sighed, he doesn’t want Jaebum to remind him about the said event.

“How can I be happy if I’m going to marry a person whom I didn’t even love? If I’m going to marry a person who almost killed my son? And who completely ruined my family? Tell me how can I be happy?” Jinyoung said without even sparing a glanced at the older. “I don’t get it why people like you still exist in this world, people like you who doesn’t even have a conscience. And you’re even happy marrying a person who doesn’t even love you? You’re even happy after ruining my family. Do you even have a heart?”

“Are you finally contented? You already have me. Are you happy that you succeeded?” Jinyoung finally looked at Jaebum who hung his head low. “I just wanted to ask you if what will you feel if you’re the one in my position? What will you feel if I’m going to ruin your perfect family just because I’m being selfish? Did you even know what hurt is? What pain is? It’s like the whole universe falls down on you and you can’t even do something! All I want is to be with my family. Be with Yugyeom and Mark but you’re always getting in our way! This is not love Jaebum! You’re just being selfish and unfair!”

Jinyoung stood up and he ran to the guest room. He slammed the door closed and tossed himself on the bed as he cried so hard.

Jaebum was still frozen in the living room and he didn’t even notice that his tears started rolling down on his cheeks. He pulled out his phone and dialed Wonpil.

“Hello? Wonpil, can you please cancel the wedding for me? And try to get Mark’s home address. I just want to make things right.”