Letting You Go

Still Believe

When Mark came home, he saw Jinyoung and Yugyeom in the living room.

“Baby, daddy is here!” Jinyoung happily said and Yugyeom ran to his daddy.

Mark plastered a small smile on his face as he looked at his son. Yugyeom opened his arms and Mark lifted him. “How’s my baby?”

“Good!” Yugyeom answered.

Mark nodded his head. “Where’s halmeoni?”

“She’s already sleeping.”

Mark hummed, Yugyeom kissed Mark’s cheeks before struggling to put him down. Yugyeom ran back to the living room and sat on the couch. Jinyoung noticed that Mark was not in the mood and he told Yugyeom to go upstairs first.  Mark sighed and made his way to their room when Jinyoung stood up and walked towards him.

“Babe, what’s wrong? Are you alright?” Jinyoung asked.`

Mark stared at Jinyoung for a while before nodding his head.

“Are you sick?” Jinyoung put a hand on Mark’s forehead but to his surprise Mark pushed it away.

“I-I’m sorry.” Mark mumbled and he walked pass to Jinyoung but the younger grabbed his wrist.

“What’s wrong Mark?”

Mark let out a loud sigh before he pulls out the invitation inside his suite and handed it to Jinyoung.

Jinyoung frowned as he took the invitation. “What’s this?”

“Just open it.”

Jinyoung open the invitation and he almost dropped it when he saw what was inside.

“What does it mean?” Mark asked without even looking at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung was opening and closing his mouth as he looked at Mark, he doesn’t know what to say and how to explain it.

“Tell me that it’s not true.”

Jinyoung looked down, unable to look at the older anymore. “It’s true, I’m going to marry him.”

Mark lifted his head and he looked at Jinyoung in disbelief. “What’s with this all of a sudden Jinyoung! I thought we’re fine, I thought we’re okay but what’s this?!”

“I’m sorry Mark.” Jinyoung muttered softly.

“Sorry?? Is that all you can say? A sorry? Did you even think about Yugyeom? About his feelings? What would he feel about this? Jinyoung I know our son is still young but he’s smart enough to understand everything.” Mark said angrily as he clenched his fist on his side.

Jinyoung just hung his head down, he bit his lips trying to stop his tears from falling.

“Tell me why did you even agree on this?” Mark asked but Jinyoung didn’t answer him.

Jinyoung just stayed silent and he let Mark do the talking.

“Don’t tell me that you love him.”

Jinyoung suddenly lifted his head to look at Mark. He can’t tell Mark the real reason why did he say yes to Jaebum.

“Do you love him?” Mark asked him again.

And this time Jinyoung finally answered Mark. Jinyoung slowly nodded his head and his tears finally dropped. Mark shook his head and he punched the wall so hard to release his anger and that punched leaves bruises on his hand.

“Mark stop!” Jinyoung tried to stop Mark but the older just pushed him away.

“I was so stupid to believe you when you said that you only laid your eyes on me and you only love me? I was so stupid! I shouldn’t believe it, I shouldn’t believe you!” Mark blurted out.

“Please don’t say that.” Jinyoung said as he shook his head. “I’m sorry.”

“A sorry won’t cut anything Jinyoung!”

Jinyoung was about to say something when they heard a sniffed upstairs. They looked up and they saw Yugyeom sitting on the stairs, looking at them as he cried.

“Baby…” They both said in unison.

“Umma… Appa… why are you fighting?” Yugyeom said while he’s sobbing.

Mark ran to his son, he wiped Yugyeom’s tears and lifted him in his arms as he tried shushing him. Jinyoung just looked at Mark who entered their room as he tried to calm their son.

Jinyoung dropped his knees on the floor as he cried so hard. Jinyoung lifted his head and he saw his mom approaching him. Mrs. Park crouched down and she pulled Jinyoung to an embrace as she draw small circles on Jinyoung’s back to calm him down.

“I heard and saw everything but I didn’t interfere even if I knew that he would really react like that.” Mrs. Park said while Jinyoung was sobbing on her chest. “You left him 3 years ago, he tried to believe that you will come back but now you’re hurting him again.”

Jinyoung entered their room after his mom calm him down. He saw Mark sitting on the edge of their bed while Yugyeom was sleeping in his arms. Jinyoung slowly made his way to the older and sat beside him. “Is he alright?”

Mark nodded his head as he caressed Yugyeom’s cheek.

“I know a sorry won’t cut anything but I still want to apologize. I’m sorry for hurting the both of you. I had my own reasons why I’m doing this.”

“Isn’t it you’re just being too selfish again?” Mark stood up and he carefully placed Yugyeom on the bed. He then went to the bathroom to take a shower.

When he came out, he saw Jinyoung was still on his place. Jinyoung lifted his head to look at Mark but the older looked away. Jinyoung stood up, he walked towards Mark and he wrapped his arms around Mark’s waist. “I just want to tell you that you’re not stupid. I mean what I said that I only laid my eyes on you and that I love you. It’s true.”

Mark turned around to face Jinyoung. “Can I… believe it for the last time?”

Jinyoung just looked at him, not knowing what he should say as he tried to think what does the older mean. Mark cupped Jinyoung’s face, he leaned to the younger and captured his lips. Jinyoung returned the kissed and he slowly wrapped his arms around Mark’s neck.

Mark bit Jinyoung’s bottom lip which earned a moan from the younger before he pulls away. “Let’s go to sleep.”

Jinyoung woke up early and he didn’t saw Mark beside Yugyeom. He sat up and looked around the room until his eyes landed on a piece of paper that was on the table beside their bed. Jinyoung reached the paper and opened it.

To my baby Jinyoungie,

I’m sorry if I wouldn’t be around when you woke up that’s why I left this letter.

Jinyoung, I promise to visit Yugyeom everyday if I’m not busy with work. I already told him last night that I’ll be gone and I’m glad that he understood what I was trying to say. I’m not going to live with you guys anymore, it’s rude to think that I’m living with you and you’re going to marry someone else. Baby, can you take good care of our cutest son for me? I know you will.

Goodluck to your wedding. I want you to be happy Jinyoung that’s why I decided to let you go. People change and so do their feelings.

Jinyoung fold the paper after reading it and put it back to the table. His eyes started to welled up with tears. Now, he knows why Mark acted so strange last night and the kissed, it was their last kiss. Jinyoung looked at Yugyeom who’s sleeping peacefully beside him, he kissed Yugyeom’s forehead and mumble an inaudible sorry to his son.

Jinyoung gets off the bed, he went to the kitchen and he saw his mom was already there. “You woke up early.”

“I cooked some breakfast for Mark before he left.” Mrs. Park said and he looked at her son. “Are you alright?”

Jinyoung looked down and he slowly shook his head.

“I know.” His mom said as she let out a loud sigh. “You know Jinyoung, I really wanted to get mad at you but I just can’t because you’re my son. Mark is such a really great person and I just don’t understand why you kept on hurting him with your stupid decisions. If you just saw him a while ago, you will know how hurt he is. He can’t stop crying while he’s hugging me so tight. I feel so bad for myself because the only thing I can do is to hug him. I know Mark was a coward but you’re more a coward than him.”

Mrs. Park finally dropped her tears as she thinks about the older. “If you just tell him everything, he knows how to fix it.”

Mrs. Park was about to leave when Jinyoung suddenly speaks. “You can get mad at me. I know I was so stupid. I know I am a coward. But I was also hurt like him mom. I love Mark so much but I ended up marrying a person I didn’t love.”

“Always remember that you chose that path Jinyoung.”

And with that, Mrs. Park left Jinyoung in the kitchen. Jinyoung sat on the chair in the dinning area before he burst out crying while placing his head on the table.

 

Mark clenched his fist as he entered Jaebum’s office.

“Hey Mark, it’s nice to –“

Jaebum didn’t finish what he was about to say when Mark grabbed his collar and punched him so hard on his face.

“That is for stealing my Jinyoung.” Mark punched Jaebum again and the younger falls down on the floor. “That one is for marrying him. And this one…” Mark landed a full force punch on Jaebum and he saw Jaebum’s nose and lips bleeds. “Is for ruining my family!”

Mark stood up and was about to leave Jaebum’s office but he turn around and punch Jaebum for the last time. “I almost forgot that one is for my son. You tried to kill him right?”

Mark left the office without closing the door. Jaebum can see all of his staffs peeking in his office and whispering to each other. He stood up, he walked towards the door and slammed it.

 

Jackson is pacing in the living room while Bambam is treating Mark’s injured hand.

“Why did you even do that Mark? Do you think making Jaebum as your punching bag will stop the wedding?” Jackson worriedly and angrily asked the older.

Mark just looked at Bambam who’s putting some medicines on his wounds. “I told you I already let him go.”

“Then why did you stormed inside Jaebum’s office and punched him like you’re in a match?” Jackson said as he looked at the older while crossing his arms.

“Can’t I release my anger to him?”

Jackson shook his head and he let out a loud sighed.

“Babe, will you please go to the baby room and look after our son instead of yelling at Mark hyung?” Bambam said as he gave his husband an instense glare.

Jackson sneered at Bambam before he made his way to their baby room.

“Are you really going to believe Jinyoung hyung?” Bambam said as soon as Jackson left them. “That he love Jaebum hyung?”

Mark slowly nodded his head.

Bambam paused for a while and he looked at Mark. “You said before that Jaebum hyung threatened Jinyoung hyung so that he can’t tell you about Yugyeom. What if Jaebum hyung threatened Jinyoung hyung this time so that Jinyoung hyung will agree to marry him?”

Mark lifted his head to look at the younger before answering his suspicion. “If Jaebum really threatened Jinyoung, then Jinyoung should atleast tell me about it.”

“What if he was scared?” Bambam turned his attention to the elder’s wound and continued treating it. “You should atleast talked to Jinyoung hyung before letting him go.”

“He barely answers my questions, how can I talk to him if he’s like that?”

“I know Jinyoung hyung, he doesn’t lie with his feelings.”

“So if Jinyoung doesn’t lie with his feelings, then he really love Jaebum because he said yes when I asked him.”

“Aish hyung that’s not what I mean.” Bambam whined.

Bambam looked at Mark and gave the older a comforting smile before turning his attention back to Mark’s hand.

Mark sighed. “You know Bammie, I envy you and Jackson.” Bambam lifted his head again to look at Mark and he gave the older a frown. “You are living happily with Jackson even if your son is not blood related to you guys while me, yeah I do have my own son but my life seems so complicated.”

Bambam pulled Mark into an embrace and the older whole heartedly returned the hug. “Everything will be fine hyung, I know you will find your happiness soon.”

 

 

After the incident, Jaebum called Jinyoung and they met in the park.

“What happened to your face?” Jinyoung asked when saw some bruises on Jaebum’s face.

“Mark came to the office and punched me.” Jaebum answered as he touched his lips.

Jinyoung widened his eyes. “He did?”

Jaebum hummed and he nodded his head. “Yes, so you should treat my wounds.”

“And why would I’m going to do that? Good thing Mark did that to you, you deserved it.” Jinyoung said and he left Jabum in the park ignoring Jaebum who kept on shouting his name.

 

 

It’s been two days since Mark left the house and they never saw him again. Sometimes, Mark called Mrs. Park and asked her if he can speak to Yugyeom. Jinyoung felt jealous sometimes, Mark chose to call his mom to talk to their son instead of calling him.

They were having their dinner and Jinyoung noticed that Yugyeom didn’t touch his food.

“Baby, why are you not eating your food?” Jinyoung softly muttered to his son.

Yugyeom turned his head to look at his mommy then back to the food in front of him. “I want appa.”

Jinyoung sighed and he took Yugyeom’s spoon to feed him. “Finish your food now baby.”

Yugyeom shook his head, he pushed Jinyoung’s hand and that cause for Jinyoung to spill the food on the table. “I want my appa. I miss my appa.”

“Yugyeom!!!”

Yugyeom stop whining, he pouted and he started to cry. Jinyoung regrets yelling at his son and he wiped Yugyeom’s tears.

Mrs. Park who is sitting across them suddenly stood up and went beside Yugyeom. She took Yugyeom’s spoon and plate from Jinyoung. “Go to your room now. I’m going to feed him.”

Jinyoung looked down as he nodded his head before he stood up and went to his room leaving Yugyeom with his mom.

Mrs. Park sat beside Yugyeom and the boy looked at her. “Don’t cry now okay?”

“Halmeoni, I want my appa.”

“Halmeoni will call appa if Yugyeom will eat. You’re going to eat your food right?”

Yugyeom sniffed and he nodded his head. Mrs. Park smiled at him, she ruffled Yugyeom’s hair before feeding the boy.

Jinyoung was sitting on the edge of his bed when his door suddenly creaked opened, he turned around and he saw Yugyeom coming inside the room with his mother. He mouthed a thank you to his mother before she left them.

Yugyeom slowly sat down on the bed but he was far away from Jinyoung. Jinyoung sighed, he stood up and made his way to his son and he crouched down in front of him.

“Are you still mad at mommy?” Jinyoung soflty asked his son.

Yugyeom just looked down and he didn’t answer his mom.

“Baby, I’m sorry.” Jinyoung said and he held Yugyeom’s hand. “Did you talk to your daddy?”

Yugyeom lifted his head, he looked at Jinyoung and he nodded his head. Jinyoung pulled Yugyeom into a hug and the boy hugged him back. “Baby, I’m sorry if I’m making it hard for you. And I’m sorry for yelling at you. Can you forgive mommy?”

Yugyeom nodded his head and he pulls away to kiss his mom’s cheek. Jinyoung smiled at him and he kissed Yugyeom’s forehead before he stood up with Yugyeom in his arms and went to their bed to sleep.