Stay

Still Believe

Jaebum was still frozen in the living room and he didn’t even notice that his tears started rolling down on his cheeks. It’s the first time he cried ever since Youngjae died. It’s the first time he felt such emotion after hearing those words from Jinyoung. Everything the younger said really hits him. He didn’t know that his happiness will be a torture to someone. He pulled out his phone and dialed Wonpil.

“Hello? Wonpil, can you please cancel the wedding for me? And try to get Mark’s home address. I just want to make things right.”

 

Jaebum woke up early and he made a breakfast for the Jinyoung.

“Jinyoung-ah? Wake up.” Jaebum called as soon as he entered the guest room.

Jaebum was shocked when he saw Jinyoung already sitting on the bed while he’s spacing out. Jaebum walked towards the younger and placed the food tray in front of Jinyoung before he sat on the bed.

“I made a… breakfast for you. You should eat.”

Jinyoung glared at the food before he turned to look out of the window.

Jaebum sighed and he started to dig on the food. “You should eat Jinyoung. I don’t want you to faint in the middle of the ceremony.”

“But I wanted to, if that would stop the wedding.”

“Don’t say that, just eat.”                            

Jinyoung looked at the food in front of him. Jaebum cooked his favorite food for breakfast but he doesn’t feel like eating it, especially if it’s made by Jaebum. “Did you put some poison on it that’s why you are forcing me to eat it?”

Jaebum playfully nodded his head and smile. “Yep, I put some love poison.”

Jinyoung pushed Jaebum’s hand from the food and he took 3 bit of it. “I’m sure your poison will effect even if I just took 3 bit of it.”

Jaebum smiled and he stood up. “I’ll give you 10 minutes to prepare. You better hurry.”

 

Mark was placing his last luggage at the back of Jackson’s car while Yugyeom was watching beside him, he turned to look at his son and sighed when he saw Yugyeom pouting while crossing his arms. Mark crouched down in front of Yugyeom and he held Yugyeom’s hand.

“Why are you pouting? We already talked about this right?” Mark muttered softly to his son.

“But I still don’t want you to go.”

Yugyeom pulled his hand from his daddy and acted like his sulking as he open the door of Jackson’s car. Jackson and Bambam laughed at the two before they help Yugyeom to get inside the car. Mark stood up and walked towards Jin who’s standing at the gate.

“Jin, thank you for everything.” Mark said as he patted Jin’s shoulder and he looked at the house.

“Do you really want to sell this house? Won’t you regret it?” Jin asked when he saw Mark looking at the house. He knows how much this house really meant to Mark.

Mark looked at Jin who’s giving him a worried look and Mark gave him a smile before he nodded his head. “This was built because of him. If I’m going to keep this and live here, his memories will keep on replaying in my mind and it will only hurt me more. I need to move on, Jin. I really need to move on.”

Jin hugged Mark to comfort him. Mark is a very good person to him, he can still remember the day when Mark found him crying in the park. That time he really needs money for him to pay his mother’s debts, if he can’t pay it they will lose their house. Mark lent him money to pay it even if they have just met, Jin refused to accept it but Mark insisted so he just forcibly accepted the money and promised to pay it back. Mark just told him to work for him as his personal assistant and driver then there’s no need for Jin to pay it back with money. Jin accepted the offer to work for him and that’s why he’s so very thankful to Mark.

“If there’s a person who should be saying a thank you right now, that should be me Mark. You’re such a great person, thank you for helping me that time.”

Mark pulls away, he smiled and ruffled Jin’s hair. “I should get going now. Take good care of yourself and don’t hesitate to call me when you need something.”

Jin nodded his head and he waved a goodbye before closing the gate. Mark hopped inside the car and he pulled Yugyeom to sit on his lap before Jackson started the car engine and made their way to Mrs. Park’s house.

 

 

“This is the way to the wedding hall. Why are you taking the wrong path?” Jinyoung asked while pointing to the other path. He just noticed that Jaebum turned to the wrong way.

“We need to go somewhere first.” Jaebum muttered as he focused on driving, ignoring the confused Jinyoung.

A few minutes later, Jaebum stopped their car in front of Mark’s house.

Jinyoung glared at Jaebum before he speaks. “What is this Jaebum? Do you really want to hurt him that much? That you even went here for what? To tell him that today is the happiest day of your life??”

Jaebum turned to looked at Jinyoung with his pity eyes. “Jinyoung, it’s not like that.”

“Then what?!”

Jaebum flinched when he heard Jinyoung reaised his voice. “Jinyoung listen to me first…”

Jinyoung looked away, he leaned his back on the seat as he looked out of the window.

“I already cancelled our wedding last night.” Jinyoung widened his eyes and he turned to looked at Jaebum. “I brought you here because I want to take you back to where you really belong… I want to take you back to Mark. I’m so sorry for everything Jinyoung.”

“Jaebum…”

“The things you said last night… it hits me really hard. I know what pain is and I know what hurt is… I encountered them when my parents split up because of some people who ruined our family. I don’t have parents anymore Jinyoung… They left me when both of them remarried, no one wants to take me with them so I ended up living my own life alone and then Youngjae came and… he gave me the love and attention that I never receive from my own family. But the world is so cruel, they take Youngjae away from me. It’s like they don’t want me to be happy… Ever since he died, I never want to see someone being so happy. Why is it everyone can be happy but not me?” Jaebum paused, he bit his bottom lip to hold his tears that threatened to fall but it’s no use.

He’s tears started to roll down on his cheeks and Jinyoung stared at him, he’s completely shock with Jaebum’s sudden confession. “When I saw you being so happy with Mark, I asked myself why I can’t be happy just like you and Mark. I wanted to have revenge. I wanted them to feel if how is it like when the one that they really love the most will leave them. I was so insecure with Mark that’s why I decided to ruin your relationship by separating you with him. I was so happy when I succeeded but then Yugyeom came, I know he’s an instrument for you to be with Mark again that’s why I told you that you can’t get pregnant but you insisted saying that you will keep him. About what happened to Yugyeom in the park, it’s not part of my plan. I just wanted to get close to him. When we saw Mark in LA, I used that chance to claim Yugyeom as my son for him not to come to you anymore but you got angry and so I threatened you. But both of you always win so I used Mark’s job to threaten you again which really worked because you left Mark just to marry me. I felt so happy but I didn’t know that my happiness was a torture to everybody.”

Jinyoung’s eyes started to welled up with tears as he listen to Jaebum, he was so stupid for letting Jaebum to come in their way.

“Jinyoung… I’m so sorry…” Jaebum said as he sniffed and he wiped his tears away. “You’re right, this is not love… I realized that I only want you because I saw Youngjae in you. I missed him and I’m longing for him, I became selfish and I was insecure that’s why I did those things. I’m so sorry. I know sorry is just a word but im sincerely apologizing for what I’ve done.”

“Youngjae wouldn’t be happy to see you in this state Jaebum… You can be happy without hurting other people.”

“I know, I know.” Jaebum lifted his hand and he wiped Jinyoung’s tears. “Go to him. I’m… letting you go. I will not ruin your family anymore, I promise.”

Jinyoung slowly nodded his head and he gets off from the car while Jaebum followed him, he also wants to apologize to the older for his wrong doings.

Jinyoung pressed on the door bell twice and not later than that, Jin opened the gate.

“Jin, is Mark inside?” Jinyoung asked as soon as he saw Jin opened the gate.

 

 

Mark gets off from the car with Yugyeom in his arms as soon as they arrived at Mrs. Park’s house. He told Jackson and Bambam to wait for him outside before he get inside the house.

Mark placed Yugyeom on the couch and he crouched down in front of his son while Mrs. Park sat beside Yugyeom.

“Baby…” Mark softly muttered to his son whose pouting while tears b on his eyes. “Baby please don’t cry. Daddy can’t leave when you’re like this.”

“Just don’t leave appa.” Yugyeom mumble.

Mark looked at Mrs. Park with worried eyes and he looked at Yugyeom again. He can’t leave his son when he’s like this, it will only break his heart.

Mark wiped his son’s tears as he murmurs. “Daddy promised that he will comeback for you right?”

Yugyeom nodded his head.

“I won’t break that promise, I will comeback for you soon. Please don’t cry.” Mark said caressing Yugyeom’s wet cheeks.

Yugyeom opened his arms to his daddy and Mark pulled his son into a tight hug as his tears finally drop. “Take good care of yourself baby. Don’t get sick, appa will be worried to you okay?”

Mark pulls away and he saw Yugyeom nodded his head. He cupped Yugyeom’s face, kissing his son’s forehead, nose and cheeks. “I love you Yugyeom-ah. Appa really really loves you.”

“I love you too appa.” Yugyeom said as he started to sobs.

Mrs. Park held Marks hand and the boy looked at him. She nodded her head telling Mark to go now. Mark hugged her, after thanking her for everything Mark pulls away. He stood up and started trudging to the front door, he was about to turn the door knob when he felt someone hugging his legs and he looked down to see Yugyeom crying while hugging him.

“Appa…”

Mrs. Park walked towards them and she lifted Yugyeom in her arms while Yugyeom was trying to reach his daddy. Mark turn around and he kissed Yugyeom’s head, Yugyeom clutch on Mark’s shirt stopping his father from leaving him but Mrs. Park slowly yanked it and Mark used that opportunity to get out from the house.

“Appa!!!”

“Jackson let’s go.” Mark weakly said as soon as he’s already inside the car.

Jackson and Bambam gave him a worry and pity look before they made their way to the airport.

 

Jin looked at Jinyoung then to Jaebum then back to Jinyoung and he gave them a sad look. “Jinyoung-ssi… Mark… he already left. Today is his flight to France.”

Jinyoung furrowed his eyebrows. France? What France? Mark didn’t even mention to him that he’s leaving.

“When is he coming back?”

“I’m so sorry Jinyoung-ssi but Mark will not come back anymore. He decided to reside in France. He will just come here to visit Yugyeom, he even told me to sell this house.”

Jinyoung widened his eyes and he can hear his heart breaking into pieces. He needs to stop Mark from leaving. “Can I still catch him up?”

Jin knitted his eyebrows as he tried to think then he suddenly nodded his head. “He’s going to drop Yugyeom first at your house before heading to airport.”

Jinyoung thanked Jin before he hurriedly hopped into the car.

 

Mrs. Park was sitting on the edge of her bed while hugging Yugyeom. Yugyeom cried so hard until he fell asleep in his grandma’s arms. Mrs. Park stood up and she carefully placed Yugyeom in her bed. She left Yugyeom in her room and went to the living room when the front door suddenly opened revealing Jinyoung who is panting.

“Mom, where’s Mark?”

Mrs. Park furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at her son in confusion. “What are you doing here? Isn’t it today is your wedding?”

Jinyoung released a heavy breath before answering his mother. “Mom, I will tell you about that later but right now I need to know where Mark is. I need to stop him from leaving. Is he still here?”

“He already left after dropping Yugyeom here.”

“Where is Yugyeom?” Jinyoung asked while his looking around the house.

“He’s in my room, he cried so hard until he fell asleep.”

“I need to get my passport, please look after Yugyeom for me.” Jinyoung ran to get his passport in his room. When he already got his passport, he ran back to the front door when Mrs. Park suddenly grabbed his wrist.

“Do everything to complete your family again.” Mrs. Park said to her son, eyes full of hope.

Jinyoung nodded his head and he hugged his mother before he went outside the house and head to the aiport with Jaebum’s help.

 

“I need to go now.” Mark muttered to Jackson and Bambam.

Jackson walked towards him and hugged his best friend. “Don’t forget to visit us when you visit Korea okay? Call us if you need something. I will look after Yugyeom for you.”

Mark pulls away and he patted Jackson’s shoulder. “Thanks. I will miss you man.”

Jackson just nodded his head to his best friend trying to hold back his tears, he doesn’t want to break down in front of his best friend.

“Hyunggg~” Bambam whined

Mark came closer to him and hugged the younger. “Take good care of your family. I will call you, I promise.”

Bambam pulls away and he slowly punched Mark chest. “That’s what you get for leaving us. Take good care of yourself too, hyung.”

Mark smiled, he nodded his head and he pulled the couple into a group a hug. “Thank you guys for everything.”

Mark pulls away, he waved a good bye to the two before he made his way to enter the boarding area.

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum were almost there to the airport but they were stuck in a heavy traffic. Jinyoung brought a hand to his face as he tried to think for another way to reach the airport right away. He suddenly lifted his head and started to unbuckle his seatbelt.

“Where are you going?” Jaebum asked when he saw Jinyoung unbuckling his seatbelt.

“I will run to reach the airport, it’s only few blocks away.”

And with that, Jinyoung got off from the car and started running to the airport. When Jinyoung already reached the airport, he immediately went inside and roamed around to look for Mark but he found Jackson and Bambam instead. Jinyoung ran towards them and they were shocked to see Jinyoung in the airport.

“Jinyoung hyung!” Bambam called when he saw Jinyoung approaching them. “Did he run from his wedding?”

“Run away bride? What are you doing here?” Jackson asked in a mocking tone.

“Jackson where’s Mark?” Jinyoung asked the two while he was panting heavily because of running.

Jackson and Bambam just looked at each other and they flinched when Jinyoung asked again and this time he’s raising his voice to them.

“Come on, answer me! Where’s Mark?!”

“He’s already inside.” Jackson answered.

Jinyoung curses under his breath, he looked at the flightboard that shows all the flight status information and he saw that the flight for France didn’t depart yet.

“Jinyoung hyung what are you –“ Bambam didn’t finish what he was about to asked when Jinyoung suddenly ran to the ticketing booth.

“I need a ticket.” Jinyoung informed the girl inside the ticket booth.

“To where sir?”

“Everywhere!” The girl was shocked when Jinyoung raised his voice to her and so Jinyoung calm down for a while. “Everywhere, as long as I can go inside please.”

The girl nodded her head and Jinyoung showed his passport to her.

“Please hurry…”

The girl hurriedly prints Jinyoung’s ticket. “Here’s your plane ticket sir.”

Jinyoung reached for the ticket and passport before he gave his payment. “Thank you, just keep the change.”

Jackson and Bambam just looked at Jinyoung who ran to get inside the boarding area.

“He’s really a run away bride.” Bambam muttered softly.

“He didn’t run.” Jaebum suddenly spoke behind the two and they turned around to see Jaebum. “I cancelled our wedding and let him go.”

If they're not inside the airport, Jackson already punched Jaebum but he let it slide. Jackson asked Jaebum to tell them what happened and so Jaebum told them while they’re waiting for Jinyoung.

 

When Jinyoung already entered the boarding area he immediately looked for Mark but he didn’t saw the older there. He looked at every person but Mark was really not there.