Rivals

Still Believe

Jinyoung hesitates to tell Jaebum but he knows that sooner or later Jaebum will know it. “The interior designer director of that company was… Mark.”

Jaebum snorted. “So I’m guessing that you told him about Yug—“

“We only talked about the project, nothing else.” Jinyoung cut Jaebum’s statement. “I’m not that stupid Jaebum, I know what are the consequences if I’m going to tell him the truth.”

“You’re really protecting him huh?”

“Not only him but also Yugyeom. I’m protecting my family against from you, from your childishness and evilness. I’m going to do everything just to make them safe, even if it involves my own happiness.”

“Then I want you to give that project to someone else.” Jaebum ordered.

Jinyoung raised his eyebrows. “Why? Are you afraid? Jaebum I’m all yours after we got married, can you just let me be with Mark, just for the last time?”

Jinyoung stood up and went to his room, leaving Jaebum in the living room.

 

 

“Mr. Tuan, you have visitor.”

“Who is it?” Mark asked still looking at his laptop.

“It’s Mr. Jackson Wang.” The girl answered.

“Let that jerk in.”

“Hey Markiee.” Jackson cooed as soon as he gets inside Mark’s office.

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you at the coffee shop right now?” Mark asked.

“Can you give me a break okay? What are you doing anyways?”

“I’m designing new furniture for Jinyoung.”

Jackson widened his eyes and he made his way to Mark’s table. “Jinyoung? Park Jinyoung? He’s already in Korea?”

Mark nodded his head.

“Oh my god! Really? Did you see him? Did both of you talk? Where is he now?”

Mark closed his eyes as he rubbed his temples and he opened his eyes again before answering Jackson. “Jackson will please slow down?”

“Okay fine, I’m sorry.” Jackson murmurs.

Mark sighed. “He went to my house the other day with his son Yugyeom bec—“

“To your house? With his son?!”

“Just let me finish first Wang Jackson!”

Jackson chuckled and he sat down on the chair across Mark.

“He didn’t know I was the director that he was looking for. He wanted me to help him for a certain project that’s why he came to my house and he stayed for a night because it was raining so hard.” Mark explained.

“Did something happened during his stay?” Jackson asked.

“He asked me about the baby room.” Mark said as he closed his laptop.

“Then what did you tell him?”

Mark looked at Jackson. “Of course I tell him the truth that I made it because he wants it.”

Jackson cocked his eyebrows. “Then?”

“Then he cried. I hugged him, he kept on saying sorry, he asked me if I can sleep with him then I said yes then I told him that we’re like a family then he didn’t say anything and he just said a goodnight that’s it. I don’t know what does he meant with the sorry. Sorry for leaving me? Because he broke up with me? Because he made me wait for him? Because he fell in love with someone else? Because he already had a family? I really don’t know Jackson, I’m confused.” Mark said and he leaned his back on his office chair.

“You should talk to him.” Jackson suggested.

“For what? So that I can break my heart again into pieces because of my curiosity? No way Jacks, I’m fine being with him just for the sake of his project.” Mark said while shaking his head in disagreement.

“Because his hiding something from you.”

Mark furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at Jackson. “What makes you say that?”

Jackson let out a loud sighed. “Don’t you notice something Mark? First, he didn’t tell any of us that his coming home even his mom. Second, he asked you about the baby room. Third, you said he kept on saying sorry to you without stating any reason. Fourth, he doesn’t talk about Yugyeom to you. Fifth, we didn’t know anything what happened to him while he was staying in LA.”

Mark released a heavy breath and patted Jackson’s shoulder. “You’re just being paranoid Jacks.”

Jackson was about to say something when the door suddenly opened and they both turn their heads.

“Mr. Tuan, you have another visitor.” The girl informed Mark.

“Who is it this time?” Mark asked.

The girls shook his head. “I’m sorry Mr. Tuan but he didn’t give me his name.”

Mark and Jackson looked at each other before he told the girl to let his new visitor come inside. Mark was shocked and he suddenly stood up when he saw Jaebum came in.

“It’s nice to see you again Mark.” Jaebum smiled to him.

Jackson cleared his throat. “Mr. Tuan for him, don’t you have some good manners?”

“Jaebum, please have a seat.” Mark offered.

“Did I interrupt you two? “ Jaebum asked as he looked at Jackson then Mark.

“Yes you did, you just arrived at the wrong time, the wrong day and the wrong place.” Jackson complaint.

“Jackson…”

Jackson sighed and he stood up. “I need to go now Markiee, I’ll just see you tomorrow.”

Mark nodded his head and Jackson glared at Jaebum before leaving the room. Mark turned his attention to Jaebum who is still standing.

“You can have a seat Jaebum.” Mark offered again.

“Thanks Mark but I won’t take time. I just came here to warn you.”

Mark frowned. “Warn me?”

“I know you are the director that Jinyoung was looking for to help him with his project and I just want to tell you that Jinyoung is mine and don’t take that collaboration as an advantage for you to steal him from me.” Jaebum warned Mark.

Mark chuckled. “Isn’t it you are the one who stole what’s mine Jaebum?”

Jaebum scowled and he slammed his fist on Mark’s table. “Steal him and I will make both of you suffer!”

Jaebum turned around, ready to leave from Mark’s office when Mark speaks.

“What a threat Jaebum, I’m soooo scared?” Mark said in a sarcastic tone. “Seeing you acting like this makes me really want to take Jinyoung back to me.”

Jaebum gritted his teeth and he clenched his fist. “Try it Mark, I’ll make sure you will regret it.”

“Do what you want Jaebum but if something bad happens to Jinyoung and Yugyeom I swear, I’m going to break all your bones.”

Jaebum turn around when Mark mentioned Yugyeom’s name. “Why do you care about Yugyeom?”

 “I know how much Jinyoung loves his son and seeing Yugyeom gets hurt would be the last thing he wants to happen.” Mark crossed his arms and tilted his head. “Why are you so anxious? Are you afraid that I can also win Yugyeom’s heart?”

Jaebum takes a heavy before turning around, leave and slammed the door.

 

 

Jinyoung and Yugyeom were watching cartoons in the living room when Jaebum sat beside Jinyoung and wrapped his arm around the younger. Jinyoung looked at him and he removed Jaebum’s arm from his shoulder. Jaebum sighed and he leaned his back on the couch.

“I want to take Yugyeom to the park tomorrow.” Jaebum started.

Yugyeom grinned as he heard it and he clapped his hands while Jinyoung glared at Jaebum. “No.”

“Umma I want to go to the park.” Yugyeom whined.

Jinyoung looked at his son and gave him a sad smile. “Baby, umma has a work tomorrow and I want you to come with me.”

“Just let me take him to the park, I also want to spend some time with him. You can’t focus with the project if you will bring Yugyeom.” Jaebum insisted.

“Are you doing this in purpose so that Yugyeom can’t spend some time with his father? “Jinyoung whispers as he looked at Jaebum again.

“Just for tomorrow, Jinyoung. Please?” Jaebum pleaded.

“Umma just say yes, please…”

Jinyoung releases a heavy breath before he nodded his head. “But you have to take good care of him Jaebum and don’t take your eyes off of him.”

Both Jaebum and Yugyeom smiled and they high five.

 

 

Jinyoung was in Mark’s furniture shop, he looked at the furniture that Mark suggested to him. When he arrived at the shop Mark asked where Yugyeom is, Jinyoung was supposed to bring Yugyeom in the shop with him but Jaebum took him to the park instead.

Mark was showing the sketch of his new design furniture to Jinyoung when suddenly Jinyoung’s phone rang. Jinyoung looked at the callers name and he saw it was Jaebum. Jinyoung looked at Mark and the older smiled at him and nodded his head. Jinyoung stood up and went to a corner to answer the call.

“Hello Jaebum?”

Jaebum was panting and his voice was shaking. “Jinyoung…”

“What is it?”

 

“Jinyoung, Yugyeom was hit by a car.”