A Threat

Still Believe

“I-I’m fine. How about you?” Jinyoung stuttered as he answered Mark.

Mark smiled at him. “I’m good.”

“Umma, do you know him?” Yugyeom said while looking at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung looked at his son and then he lifted Yugyeom in his arms before nodding.

Yugyeom smiled widely and he clapped his hands. “Umma he’s a very nice uncle.”

Jinyoung was shocked as he stared at Yugyeom, he was so comfortable with Mark and he likes the older too. He was about to say something when Mark speaks.

“He’s your son?”

Jinyoung blink his eyes multiple times before looking at Mark. “Y-yes. He’s ou— I mean he’s my son.”

“Who is the father?” Mark calmly said.

Jinyoung held his breath, Mark wants to know who’s the father of Yugyeom. What should I say? He let out a loud sighed and opened his mouth to answer Mark’s question but Jaebum suddenly came out from the store.

“Jinyoung-ah? Yugyeom-ah? I already –“ Jaebum stopped when he saw Mark. “Mark?”

“Hi Jaebum.” Mark greeted him.

Jaebum looked at him up and down. Mark was wearing a black suit which is really new to them. “What are doing here? In LA?”

Mark just shrugged his shoulders. “I believe that it’s none of your business why I’m here in LA, Jaebum.”

“ Jaebum appa, what did you bought for me?” Yugyeom suddenly said as he looked at Jaebum who is gripping a paper bag with toys inside.

Jaebum smiled and he gave Yugyeom his new toys but he was interrupted when Mark cleared his throats.

“Appa?”  Mark asked as he raised his eyebrows. “Ohh, did I just ruin your family day?”

Jinyoung widened his eyes when he heard Mark saying “Family” and he felt Jaebum’s arms was wrapped around him. “No it’s okay, we were just buying some toys for our baby. We will be having our lunch now, wanna join us?”

Mark shook his head. “Thanks but I really have to go now. I have a lot of things to do and I’ll be staying here in LA only for 2 days. How about you guys? Don’t you want to go back in Korea?”

“Maybe soon.” Jaebum answered.

“Well, so far I can see that you guys are already happy here in LA as a family.” Mark paused and smiled at them. “I’m going first, have a good day.”

Mark turned around and started to walked away when Yugyeom called him. He turned around and he saw that Yugyeom struggle in his mom’s arms before Jinyoung let him go and he ran towards Mark and hug the older.

Mark was shocked when Yugyeom suddenly hugged him so tight, there’s something in his chest that he can’t explain. When Yugyeom hugged him, it feels so good for him. Yugyeom pulls away and he looked at Mark then smile. “See you next time uncle, bye!”

Jinyoung just looked at the two, he just wanted to shout at the older that Yugyeom is their son but he just can’t.

Mark smiled at him and ruffled Yugyeom’s hair. “Bye Yugyeommie, be good to your mom okay?”

Yugyeom nodded and Mark stood up then walked away.

Jinyoung just stared at Mark’s back as the older slowly disappeared from his sight, it’s just like what happened 3 years ago the last time he saw Mark.

“He’s so different now.” Jinyoung whispered to himself.

“Are you alright Jinyoung?” Jaebum asked.

“Let’s go home.” Jinyoung said as he walked towards Yugyeom and carry the boy.

“But we will be having our lunch first before we go home.” Jaebum said as he ran after Jinyoung.

“We can eat at home.”

Yugyeom struggled in his arms. “Umma, I don’t want to go home yet.”

“Umma is tired baby, let’s just continue this next time okay?” Jinyoung said and he saw Yugyeom pouted before nodding his head.

The ride going to their apartment was really silent, except Yugyeom who is really engrossed with his new toys at the backseat with Jinyoung. Jinyoung didn’t say anything to Jaebum, he didn’t even sat in the passenger seat beside the older. When they arrived, Jinyoung carry Yugyeom in his arms and get out from the car and went inside the building while Jaebum sighed and park the car.

When Jaebum entered the apartment he saw Yugyeom on the living room and he walked towards Yugyeom. “Where’s your mommy?”

“Kitchen.”

Jabum looked up and he saw Jinyoung in the kitchen preparing their lunch. He let out a loud sighed and went to the kitchen.

“Jinyoung…” Jaebum called.

But Jinyoung didn’t listen to him, he didn’t even spare a glance at the older and he continued doing his stuff.

“Jinyou—“

“Lunch is ready, you can eat now. I will just feed Yugyeom in the living room.” Jinyoung said as he walked to the living room.

 

Mark was staying in a hotel, he was standing at the balcony looking at the beautiful night view of LA. Jinyoung suddenly came in his thoughts, so Jaebum and Jinyoung are together and they even had a cute son? Mark shook his head as he thought about that as his conclusion. He released a heavy breath as he pulled his phone from his pocket and dialed Bambam’s number.

“Hello Bambam? Are you busy?” Mark asked as soon as the younger picked up the call.

“No hyung, why?

“Can I talk to you? You said if I accidentally meet him here I will—“

Mark didn’t finish what he was about to say when Bambam cut him. “Oh my god hyung! You saw him?!”

Mark sighed. “Yes Bammie.”

“Really? Tell me what happened hyung!”

“I-I shoudn’t wait for him Bam.” Mark said, he was trying so hard not to burst out crying right now.

 “Hyung…”

“I was… I was so happy when I saw him. He’s with a cute little boy, he said it was his son but when I asked him who the father is…” Mark paused, he’s tears started to fall down. “Jaebum came in.”

“WHAT?!”

“I tried so hard to act like it didn’t hurt me Bam, that it was so okay for me but deep inside… it feels like my heart was stabbed a million times.”

Mark sniffed as he thinks about what was just happened this morning, he was really really hurt. He shouldn’t wait for Jinyoung, he should have moved on 3 years ago instead of hoping that the younger would come back to him.

“Hyung… are you alright?” Bambam asked in a worried tone.

Mark wiped his tears and smiled even if the younger can’t see it. “Yeah I’m fine. I must really move on, that’s the only thing I can do right now.”

“Hyung…”

Mark chuckled. “Don’t worry about me okay? I’m already used to this feeling, it’s not new to me because I’ve always been hurt ever since. I will take a rest now. I’ll call you when I arrived there in Korea.”

Mark hanged up the phone and went to his bed. He needs to be early for tomorrow, he needs to finish everything so that he can go back to Korea immediately.

 

 

Jinyoung was reading Yugyeom a story book to help him sleep, when Jinyoung suddenly heard someone knocked on the door and it creak open revealing Jaebum.

“Can I talk to you?” Jaebum asked.

Jinyoung put down the story book and kissed Yugyeom’s forehead before he gets off from the bed. “Not here, Yugyeom is sleeping. Let’s talk at the living room.”

Jinyoung went to the living room and Jaebum follows him from behind. He sat down on the couch while Jaebum sat beside him. “Why did you do that?”

“What?” Jaebum innocently asked Jinyoung back.

“About what you said earlier, why did you tell him that Yugyeom is your son?” Jinyoung said without looking at the older.

“So that’s the reason why you’re ignoring me the whole day?” Jaebum said as he crossed his arms.

Jinyoung just stayed silent.

Jaebum closed his eyes and sighed before opening it again. “Jinyoung I thought that you want to keep Yugyeom on your own?”

“Yes, but I didn’t tell you to claim him. Jaebum, I know that you love Yugyeom like he is your own son but, you cannot just claim him like that and you even did that in front of his own father. Mark will misunderstood everything.”

Jaebum scowled. “Why did you even care?? I thought you already moved on? Don’t you remember that you decided to move on and forget about him 3 years ago?!”

Jaebum tilted his head as he looked at Jinyoung. “Jinyoung, tell me. Are you still in love with Mark?”

Jinyoung slowly turn his head to look at Jaebum. “What are talking about?”

“You know what I mean Jinyoung.”

Jinyoung shook his head and he stood up but Jaebum grabbed his hand and pulled him back to the couch.

“You’re avoiding my question. Tell me Jinyoung, are you still in love with Mark?!”

Jinyoung pulled his hand from Jaebum’s grip. “No, I already moved on.”

“Then why are you acting like this? Why are you so mad when I told him that Yugyeom is my son?!”

“Because he’s not really your son Jaebum!”

“Then he will be my son if you’re going to marry me.”

“What??” Jinyoung said in a low voice.

“You heard me Jinyoung. Marry me.” Jaebum desperately said.

Jinyoung sighed. “Jaebum here we go again… how many times do I have to tell you that I can’t marry you.”

“Why?! Because of Mark?!” Jaebum shouted.

“Mark is out of this!” Jinyoung said and he stood up.

Jaebum follow the younger’s action, he stood up and grabbed Jinyoung’s wrist to face him. “Then marry me!”

“No.” Jinyoung said and he yanked Jaebum’s hand.

“Then if you won’t marry me… you will never see Yugyeom again.” Jaebum threatened him.

Jinyoung widened his eyes. “Are you crazy??”

“No, I’m not. I’m being serious in here. And to make everything worse, I will make sure that Mark will lose everything he had right now. The way he dressed up when I saw him earlier, I bet he already achieved his dreams.” Jaebum said as he crossed his arms.

“Don’t touch him! Don’t touch my family!” Jinyoung growled.

Jaebum laughed. “I won’t, if you will marry me.”

“Are you really this desperate? Huh Jaebum?”

“Yes! Because I can see that you love Mark and you will going to leave me and I won’t let that happen! So, are you going to marry me or you will lose Yugyeom and Mark?”

Jinyoung was about to say something when the door from his room opened and he saw Yugyeom came out while rubbing his eyes.

“Umma, why are you shouting?” Yugyeom said.

“Baby get inside.” Jinyoung ordered.

“Yugyeom-ah come to Jaebum appa.” Jaebum said as he walked towards Yugyeom.

“Jaebum please… stay away from him!” Jinyoung tried to stop Jaebum.

But Jaebum didn’t listen to him, he lifted Yugyeom and brought him in his arms.

“Put him down.”

Jaebum just shook his head. “Not until you tell me your answer.”

Jinyoung eyes started to become watery as he thinks about Yugyeom being taken away from him and Mark, the older will lose everything. He already lost Jinyoung and now he will also lose all the things he already achieved. He won’t let that happen.

“Fine, I will marry you.” Jinyoung murmurs as he looked down. “Just… just stay away from Mark and don’t take Yugyeom away from me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------

A/N: Their hardwork has paid off... Congratulations to our boys for winning the 1st place on Mnet countdown!! #FLY2NDWIN