Chapter 7

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Seven

14 February 2009

The sun light broke through the window from the east, hit Gui Gui’s face, woke her up from her sleep.

Gui Gui didn’t open her eyes yet. She felt its heavy, and she remembered why she cried a whole of the night, made her eyes-bag dark.

“I’ll count until three and all just a nightmare,” she said to herself.

“1…” she counted.

“2…”

“3…”

She opened her eyes.

She stared at her room. Still same.

She got up and reached her cell phone. She dialed Ya Lun’s number.

None picked up.

She called again.

But he never picked up.

“Maybe he’s busy,” she said, covered her worry.

She decided to take a bath, thought she’ll meet him at the college.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gui Gui walked slowly to her college. She was confused, why Ya Lun didn’t pick her up. Was he over sleep? No, Gui Gui shook her had. Ya Lun is never over sleep.

Suddenly a bad thought flashed in her mind.

Is it true? What happened last night, is it ture?

No! No! No!

She shook her head again. It’s just nightmare. Ya Lun is still alive. He was waiting for her on the gate right now.

Gui Gui quicken her steps. She was impatient to reach the college.

But she suddenly stopped when she saw none waited for her on the gate. There’s no Ya Lun. There’s nothing.

Maybe he doesn’t have class today, she denied.

She entered the college with many pairs of eyes follow her. News about Ya Lun had passed away was already spread all over the side of college.

“Gui!” someone called her. Gui Gui saw Mei Mei and Xiao Xun approached her.

“Hi!” she greeted them weakly.

Mei Mei and Xiao Xun didn’t know what to say. They felt sorry for her.

“Gui…we just….we just want to…” Xiao Xun started, but stopped suddenly. She took a glance to Mei Mei, asked her to continue. Mei Mei shook her head.

“What?” Gui Gui asked impatiently.

“Umm…we just want to say…we know you’re so sad right now…and we…we hope we can do something to make you happy…” Xiao Xun continued, followed with nod from Mei Mei.

“What are you talking about?” Gui Gui asked again, confused.

Mei Mei and Xiao Xun stared at each other. What is she talking about?

“Gui!” suddenly Wang Zi called her and ran to them.

“I heard the news already,” he said. “I don’t know what to do, but I want you know, I’ll always here, by your side.”

He knew Gui Gui won’t forget Ya Lun so fast, and he also didn’t want she forget him. But he hoped he could replace Ya Lun to make her happy. To see her smile.

“Don’t cry alone! If you want to cry, come to me and I’ll lend my shoulder for you…”

Gui Gui stared at him confusedly.

“Huh? I don’t understand what are you talking about? Why I must sad? Why I must cry?”

Wang Zi looked at her unbelievingly.

“Gui, you don’t know?”

“Know what?”

“Know that Ya Lun is just dead last night,” suddenly a girl who was watching them from far shouted.

Gui Gui stunned.

No! She didn’t want to hear that. She shook her head. No! They’re lying. I’m the one who know that he’s still alive.

She took a few steps back, stared at Mei Mei, Xiao Xun and Wang Zi, still shook her head. She turned around and ran away.

She felt the tears burned her eyes. She didn’t notice where she ran, she just ran to nowhere. She didn’t care. She just wanted to escape to the place that she didn’t need to hear news that she didn’t want to hear. She kept running, searched the place where she could meet Ya Lun.

Where are you? Where do you hide yourself?