Chapter 27

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Twenty Seven

Her eyes widened and she quickly covered to stop her sobs cracked out. She shook her head hardly; her eyes begged him to stop all of this.

“Don’t…” she whispered. “Don’t be too kind to me…”

She can’t stop it. Her cry cracked although she had tried her best to not show it.

“Gui Gui…”

Gui Gui’s eyes became wide again and Aaron turned around.
Wang Zi, stood there, watched them.

Just a few seconds he reached them. He glared at Aaron when he was in front of him. Without warning, he punched Aaron right on his face.

“How dare you kiss her?” he shouted to Aaron who fell on the ground.

He was about to punch him again but Gui Gui quickly stopped him.

“Stop! Wang Zi! Stop!”

He turned to her. “Why? Why do you defend him? Because of his face?”

Gui Gui didn’t dare to answer. Aaron prayed in his mind, “No…please say no…Gui Gui…please say no…”

Wang Zi chuckled bitterly. “It’s that his face, right? Gui Gui! Wake up! He’s not Ya Lun!”

“I know…” she whispered, but both Aaron and Wang Zi can hear it clearly.

“Then why?” Wang Zi exclaimed.

She shook her head again. She didn’t want to tell, because she decided to forget her stupid plan already. She decided to forget Ya Lun, decided to avoid Aaron.

“Why? Answer me, Wu Ying Jie!” Wang Zi raised his voice.

“I know he’s not Ya Lun!” suddenly she shouted. “I know it but I can’t help it! When I’m around him, I can remember Ya Lun clearly…I…I always scare if one day I forget Ya Lun…and just Aaron…just him the one who can make me always remember him!”

The pain struck right to Aaron’s heart. Why? He knew it already. He should know it, right? But why when he heard it out from Gui Gui’s mouth, it was painful one hundred times than he imagined.

“But…” Gui Gui started but Aaron quickly interrupted her.

“That’s true…we’re nothing, right? I understand now,” he whispered.

Gui Gui just can watch Aaron walked away from her. Her stupid mouth didn’t want to open. When she can’t see him anymore, she fell on her knees, cried.

“But not it has changed…Aaron…you’re not duplication of Ya Lun anymore…” she whispered to herself as her tears rolled down.

Wang Zi grabbed Gui Gui’s arm and made her stood up. “Stop it, Gui!”

“I can’t!” she shouted.

“Why Aaron? He’s no one! Why do you waste your tears just for him?” Wang Zi shouted back.

“He’s important! He knows me than everyone, even my parents!”

“Then what about me?” Wang Zi exclaimed. “I’m your boyfriend!”

She was speechless. She didn’t know how to answer him now.

“Stop lying!” he gripped her shoulders. “Don’t pretend to be my girlfriend anymore! I know you don’t love me…never love me…” his voice became weaker and weaker.

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry…” just that all what she can say.

Wang Zi pulled her on his arms and hugged her tightly. “It’s okay…it’s okay…”

“I’m sorry…Wang Zi, I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay…Gui Gui… I ever said to you, I’ll here by your side. Even everyone left you, I still in my place, beside you…remember?” he patted her back softly. “I will keep saying it until those words stick in your mind…”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aaron slammed the door hardly. The sound was surprising Miss Cherry and Grandma who were chatting in the living room. Without greeting them even glancing to them, Aaron went upstairs.

“What’s wrong with him?” Grandma asked.

Miss Cherry shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know…”

“You think…he’s fighting with Gui Gui?” Grandma guessed.

“Maybe…” Miss Cherry said. “Or he’s just…”

Miss Cherry stopped talking when the door of Aaron’s room was banged loudly.

“In the bad mood…” Miss Cherry continued, and then they chatted again.

Aaron threw himself on his bed hardly. He closed his eyes and felt his heart was so tight, made him suffocated. He never felt this hurt before, even when he was broken-heart with Hebe.

On the other hand, Ya Lun decided to keep silent. He knew how hurt Aaron now. He can understand, because he felt the same way. He didn’t know he must be happy or sad. The fact Gui Gui never forgot him, but another fact she kept doing the stupid things. He knew that he was false, because deeply in his heart, he never wanted Gui Gui moved on. But he knew now it was wrong, totally wrong.

“I want to stop,” suddenly Aaron said.

“What?”

“I want to stop help you. She will never move on,” Aaron told bitterly. “And I’m tired…I’m tired with your little girlfriend…”

Ya Lun didn’t say anything.

“It’s hurt…here…” Aaron placed his palm on his chest.

“I’m sorry,” Ya Lun apologized.

Silence took both of them. Without Aaron knew, his tears started to fell, burned his eyes.

Ya Lun finally decided.

“Aaron…do me a favor…for the last time…I promise…”