Chapter 34

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Thirty Four

“AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!” Gui Gui immediately screamed out.

“What are you shouting for?!” Wang Zi appeared from his room’s window.

Gui Gui quickly ran to the window. “Wang Zi! What year is it?!”

“Are you nuts? First, you asked me the date. Must I also tell you the year now?” Wang Zi grumbled.

“So…what is it?” Gui Gui waited impatiently.

“2009,” Wang Zi answered half-heartedly.

Gui Gui stepped back until she bumped her bed. She fell on her bed as she shook her head. “2009? You must be joking. It’s 2010!” she forced a laugh.

“Haha,” Wang Zi also forced a laugh. “Very funny, Wu Ying Jie. Now quick go change or we’ll be late,” Wang Zi grabbed his bag as he ran out from his room.

Gui Gui was still blank. 2009? How could it be? She was sure it was 2010…It had been a year after that accident…

Gui Gui rushed to the calendar. It must be a prank for her. Who did this? Aaron? Was it him?

Gui Gui took the calendar and examined it. Nothing was strange. But she didn’t give up. She quickly dashed to the computer on her desk. She connected to the internet, searching the online news. After awhile browsing, she found it. Then, she read the date.

February, 14th 2009.

“What’s with all of this?!” she yelled in frustration, lent her back on the chair.

Suddenly, she got it. She got what was missing in her room.

She was sure there was a photo of her and Ya Lun on the desk. Where was it gone?

She dashed off her things on the desk. Where was the photo? She opened her drawer one by one. Where was it?

She turned around and was about to look for in her wardrobe, but something stopped her. She was really certain that she hung four pictures of her and Ya Lun. One was when they were still in primary school. Another was when they were in junior high school. The other was when they were in high school. And the last was when they had their first date. She arranged it in arrow. She was sure.

Maybe…her parents took it off?

Gui Gui took a closer look. The wall was so clean. There was no sign of something which had been ever hung there for years. There was also no sign of nail there.

Where was it gone?

Gui Gui’s hand started to shake. She held it tightly, trying to stop the shake.

“Is it true? Do they really disappear?”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gui Gui went downstairs after she finished telling herself that it all was just a dream. She believed nor Ya Lun and Aaron had disappeared. It was impossible! Double personalities? Spilt up into two persons? It didn’t make any senses.

The dining room was so silent when Gui Gui entered it. There was no one there.

“Where are Mom and Dad?” Gui Gui asked herself.

For the answer of her question, her parents entered the dining room. Both of them wore black suits. Gui Gui could tell that she had been crying for a whole night.

“Mom? What’s wrong? You’ve cried?” Gui Gui approached her Mom.

“Gui Gui…do you remember about Yan Family?” her Mom asked.

“Of course!” Gui Gui quickly answered. There is it, she thought. I know it was just a nightmare.

“They had an accident yesterday night. And they…they have passed away…!” her Mom broke into tears. Gui Gui’s Dad quickly patted her back, trying to comfort her.

“Wait!” Gui Gui said. “You mean…Ya Lun…also…died?”

Her Dad stared at her with confusion. “Ya Lun? Who is he?”

“Dad!” Gui Gui raised her voice. “Don’t joke! Yan Ya Lun, the only son of Mr. and Mrs. Yan! How can you forget?”

“Son? Mr. and Mrs. Yan never had any children, dear…” her Dad told softly.

“Wh…WHAT?!”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Hey, Gui Gui! What’s wrong with you?” Wang Zi asked worriedly.

But he got nothing for the answer. Gui Gui, just like before, was engrossed in her own thought. She was like lose her soul. She walked without noticing, making Wang Zi must pull her before she fell on the mud or hit by the car.

Gui Gui kept walking, until suddenly she felt a strong pull. She lifted up her face and saw Wang Zi’s face.

“What?” she asked.

Wang Zi faked a smile. “You ask what? We’ve already arrived, Miss Dumbfounded!”

“Eh?” Gui Gui looked around. Wang Zi was right. They had already arrived, but…

“Wang Zi! Are you blind?! You bring me to the wrong university, you stupid!” Gui Gui protested.

“Hello, Miss-Know-Everything! Are you foolish? This is our college!” Wang Zi snapped back.

“Our…college?” suddenly, Gui Gui laughed hardly.

“What are you laughing for?!” Wang Zi smacked Gui Gui’s head.

“Ouch! That’s hurt!” Gui Gui rubbed her head. “You’re nuts! We go to Sheng Ying University, remember?” Gui Gui knocked Wang Zi’s head.

Giving same reaction, Wang Zi laughed his head off, making Gui Gui confused.

“Why do you laugh?!” Gui Gui placed her hands on her hips.

“Gui Gui…our college was here! You see? Here!” Wang Zi told impatiently.

“Here?” Gui Gui whispered unbelievingly.

“Here,” Wang Zi smiled widely.

But it disappeared when Gui Gui ran off.

“Gui Gui! Where are you going?!” Wang Zi shouted.

But Gui Gui ignored it. She had something that much more important now.

Still running, Gui Gui mumbled to herself, “The pictures of me and Ya Lun has gone, Mr. and Mrs. Yan doesn’t have any children, Mom and Dad don’t know who Ya Lun is, and now, I don’t go to Sheng Ying University? What’s going on, for the God’s sake?!”

Gui Gui stopped in front of the book store. Without hesitating, she rushed in and went to magazine’s section. She grabbed all kind of magazines there. The cashier was so surprised seeing that when she paid. Who did want to buy all kind of magazines? It was just wasting money, right?

But no for Gui Gui. After she paid, she quickly looked for the place where she could sit. Finally, she found a seat in front of the barber shop. Flipping through the magazines, her eyes looked for a name carefully. But until the last magazines, she couldn’t find it.

“How is with my new hairstyle?” Gui Gui heard a girl asked her friend as they just went out from the barber shop.

“It’s nice!” her friends commented. “Nah! I know! You change your hairstyle because you’re going to the Fahrenheit’s concert with your boyfriend, right?

That girl giggled. “You’re right! Are you coming? Seeing three handsome guys in person! You must come!”

“Fahrenheit?” Gui Gui whispered. “Isn’t that Aaron’s boy band? But…doesn’t it have four members?”

Then, in a very quick speed, Gui Gui started to flip through her magazines again. This time, she looked for Fahrenheit’s news. And not long after, she found it, with a very shock fact.

It was Fahrenheit. There were Wu Chun, Calvin Chen, and Jiro Wang.

But they never had a member named Aaron Yan…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It has been a long time, hasn't it?
Haha...I know, I know...
You're going to scold me because I didn't update...
I'm purely lazy...
Honestly, I'm just so damn fall in love to Detective Conan and spent my whole time watching the anime and reading the comics...
I'm sorry....sorry...sorry!!!!>.<

And I have a good news!
Wait, I don't think it's good though...

I just want to say that next chapter is the last chapter!!!
And I won't update the other stories of mine after I finish with this one...
Muahahahahaha...
Am I looked evil?
Never mind...

Okay, before the last chapter comes up, I want to ask you again...
FOR THE LAST TIME!
I would like to ask you:
Can you guess with whom Gui Gui at the end?
I still didn't get the right answer here...T_T

Well, after all, thank you for reading and commenting!

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT!^.^