Chapter 18

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Eighteen

Gui Gui sighed. She walked on the hall by herself, without Wang Zi. This was still early in the morning, but she was in the college already. She left Wang Zi, because she didn’t know how to face him.

“It will be better if Ya Lun were here….” she thought. “When will you come back?”

“Gui Gui?” a woman called her. She quickened her steps towards her.

“You’re so early this morning,” she said when she was in front of her. “Your name is really Gui Gui, right?”

“You…” Gui Gui felt familiar with her.

She smiled. “Same with Wang Zi, you don’t know me. I bet you just transferred here too?”

“Ah!” Gui Gui suddenly remembered. “You’re the one who was with Wang Zi yesterday!”

She nodded. “Yes. I’m Tao Mei Ren, the most famous lecturer here!”

“Eh, Teacher Tao, how do you know my name?” Gui Gui asked.
“Don’t call me like that!” she shook her head. “Call me Miss Cherry.”

Gui Gui nodded. “Miss Cherry.”

“Still early…let’s talk in my office! I’ll make a cup of tea for you,” she led Gui Gui to her office and she just followed.

They walked side by side until they reached Miss Cherry’s office. Gui Gui just smiled and nodded while Miss Cherry kept talking all about the college. They entered her office and sat on the couch at that room.

“Woah…Miss Cherry…your office is so big!” Gui Gui said.

“Of course…of course….” Miss Cherry answered as she made two cup of tea. “I will protest my father if I didn’t get a big room.”

“Your father?”

Miss Cherry nodded. “My father is the owner of this college. That’s the way I become lecturer here even I don’t want to…at least…I have a big personal office,” she told as she sat beside Gui Gui and gave her a cup of tea.

“You don’t want? Why?” Gui Gui asked.

“I want to be a novelist…but I want to make my parents happy…but it’s okay. I still can make novel even I become a lecturer…” Suddenly Miss Cherry seemed so excited. “I’m making a novel about someone who has double personalities…you must read it and give me some comments!”

Gui Gui nodded enthusiastically. “I will read it!”

“Okay! I will tell you if I finish it,” Miss Cherry smiled as Gui Gui smiled back.

“Eh, Gui…are you really close with Aaron?” suddenly Miss Cherry asked.

“Why do you ask?”

“Nothing…I just wonder why Aaron can be like yesterday. I think you must be so close with him,” she took a sip of her tea.

“You seemed so know about him…” she commented.

“Of course I know!” she bent down to get closer with Gui Gui, then whispered, “Keep this secret, okay? He’s my brother…”

“What?” Gui Gui shocked. “Your brother?”

She nodded. “Yes…but he doesn’t want everyone know…”

“Why?”

“That’s…ah…you haven’t answered my question!” she quickly changed the conversation.

“What quest…oh! That one…” Gui Gui thought for a moment before answered, “Not really…I think I’m not that close with him…”

“Really? But it’s the first time I saw him be like that…”
Gui Gui just shrugged her shoulders.

“Miss Cherry…I think I must go…” she glanced at the clock which hanged on the wall.

“You’re right…”

“Bye, Miss Cherry…” she said before left.

“Just wait and I’ll tell you if my novel were finish!” Miss Cherry shouted as Gui Gui waved to her.

Gui Gui walked to her first class slowly, because she remembered again about Wang Zi. How should she face him? She sighed.

“Oi, Gui!”

Gui Gui turned around and saw Calvin was running towards her.

“How was your first broadcast yesterday?” he asked and they walked together.

Gui Gui shook her head. “I didn’t. Aaron said, I just become his assistant…”

“That Aaron!” Calvin cursed. “I searched a partner for him and you are become an assistant by him…”

“It’s okay, Calvin…I can handle it…” Gui Gui said.

“No…no…no…I’ll talk to him,” he said stubbornly and ran leaving her to look for Aaron.

“I think Aaron will kill me…” Gui Gui mumbled.

“Why will he kill you?” suddenly a voice asked and Wang Zi appeared.

Gui Gui stepped back in surprise.

“Don’t say you become afraid to me after yesterday night,” Wang Zi joked.

“No!” Gui Gui said quickly. “I just…”

Wang Zi lifted his left eyebrow up as she continued, “I just think you’re still mad at me…”

Wang Zi messed her hair and chuckled. “I’m not mad at you…”

“AH!!! Don’t spoil my hair!” Gui Gui protested as Wang Zi stuck his tongue out and ran.

“Wait me, Wang Zi! I’ll catch you!” Gui Gui ran and chased after him. They started to run in circle, until Gui Gui stopped just too sudden, made Wang Zi confused.

“What’s wrong?” he asked as he approached her.

She just shook her head. “I just remember….” she hung her words. “I must go! Bye!” she waved her hand and turned around.

She ran until reached the rooftop. She slipped on the ground as she cried.

“That moment…is like the last moment I and him joked around…” she said between her cry.

“Ya Lun…I miss you…when will you come back?”