Chapter 22

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Twenty Two

Gui Gui woke up when she smelt the unfamiliar scent of her bed. It wasn’t the usual scent of her room. It was scent from someone, full with warmth. She opened her eyes and saw an unfamiliar room. She quickly got up and looked around. That wasn’t her room…where was she?

Suddenly someone entered the room.

“Miss Cherry!” Gui Gui was shocked to see her.

“You wake up already?” Miss Cherry approached her and sat beside her. “How was your feeling? Are you okay?”

She nodded. “Umm…why am I here?”

“You caught a fever and fainted, so Aaron brought you here yesterday,” Miss Cherry explained.

“Aaron?” she was confused. Then she remembered about what happened yesterday. “Where is he?”

“He just got call from his manager. He went to his agency just a few moments ago. I think he have something to talk with his manager. Maybe about his show next month,” Miss Cherry told as Gui Gui felt disappointed. She didn’t know why, she just felt disappointed.

“Eh, Gui, you want to have breakfast together?” Miss Cherry asked.

“Eh, maybe not. I must go home. My parents must be worried right now,” Gui Gui refused.

“You can call your parents. You’re still sick,” she insisted.

“But…”

“No buts!” she cut her off. “Aaron will kill me if I let you go home without eat everything and with your still sick body!”

“Really?”

She nodded. “Do you know? You’re the first girl that he brings home and sleeps on his bed. He even never let me sleep here.”

“What? I’m the first?” she asked unbelievingly.

She nodded again. “I think…” she hung her words.

“Think what?”

She shook her head. “You’ll find out later. Just get change and go downstairs,” she said and gave her the clothes.
Before Gui Gui could say anything, she left.

Gui Gui looked around and noticed Aaron’s room. It was really neat and comfortable. She pulled the blanket and smelt it. The same scent that she smelt before. It was Aaron’s scent. The warmth filled her heart as she inhaled his scent.

You’re the first girl that he brings home and sleeps on his bed.

Miss Cherry’s words were planted in her heart. Was it true? That she was the first…

She blushed immediately when she remembered her dream last night. She dreamt she was kissed by someone, softly and gently. The figure just made her thought flew to Aaron. She raised her hand and touched her lips. She blushed even more.

“No…the person in my dream is Ya Lun!” she said to herself.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The breakfast was filled with Grandma’s and Miss Cherry’s conversation about what happened last night. They were so excited.

“Cherry, do you think Aaron likes that girl?” Grandma asked.

“I think so. He never ever treats someone so nice like that, doesn’t he?” Miss Cherry said enthusiastically.

“That’s true,” Grandma nodded. “Finally he has girlfriend…”

“What’s so good about it?” Mrs. Yan, Cherry’s mother asked sarcastically.

“Of course that’s good!” Grandma said.

“Umm, good morning,” they heard a voice as Gui Gui entered the dining room shyly. She didn’t expect there were anyone else except Miss Cherry.

“Dear…come here…let’s have breakfast together,” Grandma welcomed her happily.

She just nodded then took a seat beside Miss Cherry.

“Your name is Gui Gui, isn’t it?” Grandma asked her.
She nodded again.

“Don’t be shy,” Grandma smiled to her. “Just treat us as your family.”

“That’s true!” Miss Cherry agreed. “Maybe one day you’ll be a part of our family?”

She and Grandma giggled as Gui Gui looked at them confused. What did it mean?

“Stop it!” Mrs. Yan interrupted. “He even wasn’t our family. He was just an adopted child.”

“Mum!” Miss Cherry reprimanded immediately.

“I’m full,” Mrs. Yan stood up and left.

“Sorry about my daughter,” Grandma apologized.

Gui Gui shook her head. “It’s okay.”

Then Grandma and Miss Cherry continued their conversation, asked Gui Gui about anything as she just nodded or shook her head. Her head was filled with Aaron. He was just an adopted child? How it can be?