Chapter 11

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Eleven

His eyes swept all over the Sheng Ying University, his new college. He decided to accompany her to transfer. He thought this was an upgrade that she wanted to back to school. And now he looked for her but he couldn’t find her. He felt worry.

“Where is she? She said I must wait her at the class, but she never showed up,” he mumbled while he ran to search for her.

“Wang Zi!!!” suddenly someone called him.

Wang Zi turned around and surprised to see Gui Gui ran towards him with smile on her face.

“Gui Gui?”

She stopped in front of him breathlessly.

“Why you…?” Wang Zi seemed shock.

“What?” Gui Gui asked. “Let’s go to class! We almost late,” she dragged him, but he stopped her.

“Wait! Tell me what happened! Why are you so happy too sudden?” he asked, half happy, half confused. He still saw her like ‘zombie’ when they went to their new college together. But she looked so happy now.

“Nothing!” Gui Gui smiled. “I just…feel happy!”

“Why?”

“Umm…my life comes back!” she said and then ran away. She turned around and shouted, “Let’s go! We’ll late if you still stand there like a stone!”

Wang Zi chased her, happy to see the usual Gui Gui. But inside, he’s still thinking about what Gui Gui meant by her life comes back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Aaron Yan! Why are you so rude? Why did you act like that to her?” Ya Lun kept scolding Aaron as Aaron stepped to his first class.

Aaron, who kept ignoring him, was getting annoyed with him now. He scolded him back in his mind.

“Why do you so care? She’s just a strange girl! Why I can’t be mad at her? She is a stalker!”

“DON’T CALL HER LIKE THAT!” suddenly Ya Lun shouted. Because he was in Aaron’s body, Aaron could feel Ya Lun was burning in anger now.

“Why are you so mad?” he asked. “You know her, right?”

“Yes,” Ya Lun finally admitted.

“Who’s she?”

“My girlfriend,” Ya Lun answered automatically. But suddenly he corrected it, “No, she’s not my girlfriend anymore.”

“Huh? You broke up with her?”

“Aaron Yan!” Ya Lun said impatiently. “How can I break up with her if I died already?”

“So…she’s still you girlfriend?” Aaron asked.

“Not anymore! You forget? I died! I can’t be her boyfriend anymore,” somehow Aaron could feel the painful slipped in Ya Lun’s voice.

“If you know it, why you keep asking me to back to her?”

“I…I want to see her face. I miss her so much,” Ya Lun admitted.

All over his life, Aaron never had close friend and he never care everything around him. He never care what he says will hurt someone or not. Maybe Ya Lun isn’t his friend, but he’s so close with him now…because he’s in Aaron’s body. He knew Ya Lun was happy to see his girlfriend again, but also sad if remember they can’t be together. Aaron didn’t know what he must say, so he decided to silent, let Ya Lun engrossed in his own thought.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The bell rang, Gui Gui’s and Wang Zi’s class was over today. They walked side by side, chatted happily about their new college.

“Maybe transfer is the best choice for Gui Gui. She looked so happy now without comments from the others about Ya Lun. It’s better to not to mention about him,” Wang Zi thought, looked at Gui Gui’s bright face.

“Why you kept staring at me? There’s something on my face?” Gui Gui asked him, confused.

Wang Zi shook his head, he just smiled.

“Wang Zi! Look!” Gui Gui pointed an announcement on the wall-magazine.

She read it quickly as Wang Zi just watched her. Suddenly she turned to him.

“Wang Zi! I think I want to join this!”

“Join what?”

“This!” she pointed the announcement again. “I want to try to be announcer at school radio broadcast!”

“What?” Wang Zi surprised. “Since when do you interest the thing such this?”

“I don’t know,” she shrugged her shoulders. “But when I read this, I think I want to try. What do you think?”

Wang Zi also shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe it’s better for you to have an activity.”

Gui Gui clapped her hands. “Yea! I’ll join it! Eh, Wang Zi, you know someone is named Calvin? I must see him if I want to join.”

“Umm…let’s look for him,” Wang Zi held her hand, dragged her to search Calvin.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Hey, Aaron!” Calvin called Aaron who just out from his class.

“What do you want again? Not enough I agree to replace your position?” Aaron gave him a cynical look.

“No…I just want to tell you, I told everyone already if they want to be announcer. I think it’s better if you have someone to accompany you as announcer,” he said as he walked beside him.

“I don’t care,” Aaron said coldly, but Calvin was too usual with his cold attitude, so that was not bothered him.

Suddenly Aaron heard Ya Lun gasped inside his body.

“Why?” Aaron asked him.

No need Ya Lun told him, Aaron knew what the answer already. He saw his girlfriend walked towards them, hand in hand with another guy…