Chapter 24

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Twenty Four

“Are you sure I don’t need to come in and explain to your parents?” Aaron asked again, before Gui Gui went out of his car which was parking in front of Gui Gui’s house.

“It’s okay,” she ensured him. “I can do it.”

“Okay,” Aaron gave up. “Take care…”

“Thank you, once again,” she smiled before she got out.

Gui Gui stopped in front of the door. She inhaled before she reached the door knob and opened it.

She took a peek and found no one. She sighed in relief. Honestly, she didn’t know how to explain to her parents about didn’t come home last night.

“Why did you just come home?”

Gui Gui almost jumped when she heard her Dad’s voice. She turned around and saw her parents stood, glared at her, made her bent her head down.

“Mum…Dad…”

“Where did you go? Why did you just come back? How could you just disappear like that?” his Dad poured her with so many questions.

“Calm down,” her Mum said.

“How can I calm down? Our only daughter didn’t come home without news! How can I calm?” he raised his voice.

“Sorry Mum…Dad…” she apologized as she kept staring at the floor. “I can explain…”

“Explain?” her Dad interrupted her. “What’s the explanation again? When will you stop act childish like this? Disappear and make everyone worry! You think that’s funny?”

She remained silent, didn’t dare to answer. She knew she was wrong, but if her Dad let her to explain…

“Do you know Wang Zi is sick right now?” her Dad spoke again.

She looked up. “What? He’s sick?”

“He looked for you all over the day yesterday. He didn’t bother to take a rest. He even didn’t eat and kept looking for you. Do you know how worry he is?” her Dad seemed so angry.

“I’m sorry. I have the explanation for…”

“What again? Look for Ya Lun? Until when you will accept the fact that Ya Lun will never come back?” those words just slipped out from her Dad mouth, made all of them remained silent for a little while.

“Dear,” her Dad called Gui Gui who was clenching her fists and biting her lips.

She didn’t bother to answer her Dad. She was just too disappointed. How can her own Dad talk like that to her?

“Dear,” her dad’s voice was softening. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.”

She still remained silent. At that time she wanted to avoid from this conversation. She never felt comfortable to talk about Ya Lun with everyone, even with her parents. Just with Aaron, just with Aaron she could talk about him, without felt uneasy.

“Dear,” her Mum called her this time. “Your Dad just wants to tell you, you must be strong. Stop acting like this. You must continue your life even without him…You must forget him…”

“Why I must forget him?” she exploded. “Can’t everyone stop telling me to forget him? I don’t want and never want to!”

“Do you know you’re so selfish? Do you know how many times you make people around you feel worry about you? Just because you decide to keep be childish!” her Dad asked her.

She didn’t answer. She couldn’t answer. She knew her Dad was right. She knew that she was so selfish. Her parents, her friends…they always cared about her. And she just could make them worry. Especially Wang Zi…he was sick now and it was because of her.

She fell on her knees and cried. Her Mum approached her as her eyes were wet. She knelt beside her and hugged her.

“It’s okay dear…you still have us…” she comforted her, and her Dad did the same act.

Gui Gui cried on her parents arms. Aaron’s words kept in her mind.

“You can…because you really love him…If you loved someone deeply, even they leave you, you will always remember them…not in your brain, but in your heart…”

I wanted to remember him forever, but it just hurt people around me…Aaron…must I forget him? She cried harder as the memories about Ya Lun flashed in her mind, one by one, like her tears that fell one drop by one drop…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wang Zi was awakened by a soft touch from someone. He opened his eyes and saw Gui Gui was sitting beside him, wiped his forehead by a wet towel.

“Gui Gui…” he said weakly as he tried to get up.

She stopped him. “Don’t…you’re still sick…”

“But…”

She shook her head. Wang Zi gave up and lay back on his bed.

“Where did you go, Gui? Why did you disappear?” he asked with concern, made Gui Gui felt more guilty.

“I’m sorry, Wang Zi,” she apologized. “I just…stay in friend’s house,” she said. She was honest, right? She was stay in Aaron’s house even she wasn’t sure he was her friend.

“Oh…I think you…”

“I what?”

“Nothing,” he shook his head.

“I heard your conversation with Xiao Xun,” Gui Gui said quickly, without thinking.

“You…what?” Wang Zi’s face turned into shock.

“I heard…everything,” Gui Gui bent her head down, didn’t want to look at him.

They remained silent. An awkward silent. Slowly Wang Zi reached her hand, gripped it tightly.

“So…you know already?”

She nodded, but still didn’t look at him.

“It’s okay if I was rejected,” he said bitterly. “But let me to stay by your side, okay?” he forced a smile.

She lifted up her head and tears fell on her cheeks already.

“Aren’t you tired to be in my side?” she cried.

He smiled, sincerely this time. “I ever said to you, I’ll here by your side. Even everyone left you, I still in my place, beside you…” he said softly.

She hugged him immediately, made him surprised.

“If I…if I wanted to forget Ya Lun…will you help me? Wang Zi…will you help me?” she cried as she tightened her hug.

He pulled back and stared at her unbelievingly. His brain was blank for a moment, before he reached out his hand and wiped her tears gently. He looked through her wet eyes, before he leaned in and closed their distance by a soft kiss.

She didn’t pull back, but she also didn’t kiss him back. She just froze as her thought flew to her scariest possibility. Was it true to be with Wang Zi? Can she forget Ya Lun then? What if she still couldn’t forget him? If she couldn’t, she will hurt Wang Zi more, right? She didn’t dare to think further. She didn’t want to.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, they're together but it isn't the end!
Okay...after a long time finally I get back my idea...
I have some changes in this story but the end is still like I plan first...
GuiLun moments next chapter!
By the way...sorry for along wait!
Don't forget to comment!!!
^^